Nov 20, 2010
Posted in: Miscellaneous
A lot of 'lasts' happened this past week:
- I turned in my last 5.310 (Chem Lab) lab report EVER. YAY. I was so happyy.
- I went to my last orgo recitation for the semester - since we don't have class next Friday, and the following week consists of an orgo exam, and the week after is dead week, and the week after is (ahhh) finals.
- I finished my last bag of popcorn :( This is legitimately sad. Popcorn's what keeps me company when it's 2 am, and I'm still not done with work.
- I went to get an eye exam at a doctor's office in Somerville and decided that it was the last time I was ever going to make an 8: 45 a.m. doctor's appointment ever again, especially considering the amount of walking, running, and sweating that was involved in me getting to the office.
~ And most importantly ~
- The first part of the last Harry Potter movie came out this past week. And thanks to my class council, 297 members of my class and I* got to watch it for free at 8 pm on Thursday. Yup - 4 hours before most everyone else in our time zone.
I called my little brother as I sat in the theater, just minutes before the movie was about to begin:
"'Hi Aanandh! Guess where I am right now?"
"Uhhh...in your room?"
"Nope. At the theaters. About to watch HP 7. Are you jealous?"
Talk about anticlimactic.
It turns out my brother was lying about not being jealous, though, as Facebook informed me later via a status update:
I was soooo excited when I found out that our class council was organizing this! Like Pokemon, Harry Potter is, in my opinion at least, a defining characteristic of our generation :) I read my first Harry Potter book in 5th grade, and in the years following, I re-read all seven books time and time again. Harry, Ron, and Hermione may have turned 17 earlier than I did- but it still feels like we grew up together.
I couldn't have picked a better group of people with whom to watch HP 7, not the least because one of my friends brought a broomstick to the theater as his "costume" and poked people with it at the most inopportune (and most perfectly hilarious) moments. Random chanting of people's names preceded the movie, no doubt to the displeasure of a certain David '13 ('sup!) whose name at least 298 members of the Class of '13 now know :) The general consensus of my class regarding the movie: It. Was. Awesome.
We left the theater and rode our Harry Potter high through the night; three hours later, as I was helping someone finish up an orgo problem, the smile was still on my face.
:) HP ♥
*don't worry, the other classes got to watch as well; every class council organized a Harry Potter event - yup, MIT = cool.
P.S. For those of you having some trouble being patient for your EA decisions =P ~ here's a distraction for you, courtesy of Kuljot '13: http://also-online.com/links/