Jan 31, 2005

And Then There Was One

Folks, it is a sad, sad day in the MIT Admissions Office.

Juan Salvador Acosta has broken the pact and succumbed to the mighty razor. His face is as smooth as a baby's, as they say.

Which leaves yours truly as the only remaining wookie.

I must go now and weep gently. May my beard catch the tears that would otherwise run with the ink of your applications.

Salvador, I thought you were the one...

(P.S. Questions from last entry have been answered at the end of it.)

Ben, it is a very sad news.
There is a positive side though - you will be remembered as the Great Wookie from Admissions
Office from now on.

Sincerely, Eujin

Posted by: Eujin on January 31, 2005

Forgot to ask, is your wife somewhat Russian?
{as for me name Tanya has always been associated with Russia}

Later, Eujin

Posted by: Eujin on January 31, 2005

aww man, i was gonna send an email saying 'matt should get a beard' but oh well... i probably still will, just might not be the same

Posted by: Stevo on January 31, 2005

This seems to have been The Weekend of the Razor :|

Posted by: Fabrice on January 31, 2005

Eujin - yep, we both have some ukranian ancestry (but hopefully not the same ancestors) wink

Stevo - it couldn't hurt!

Fabrice - I though Akash was kidding - is it true? Are you going to update your pic? But what will become of the woodland creatures?

Posted by: Ben on January 31, 2005

It's true! It was time for a change after something like three years. I think I'll keep this for a bit and see about a pic.

No worries. I arranged with the Department of the Interior to relocate the woodland creatures to a protected habitat. They required that I obtain a permit for removal as the creatures were on the list of endangered species.

Posted by: Fabrice on January 31, 2005

Oh no!!! Well, I still look forward to you being the mighty Wookie of the MIT Falcon.

P.S. - Compared to your 30" of snow, Baltimore just got 3. HA! I wonder, do you miss your hometown weather? We're overdue for another blizzard but Farmer's Almanac says it's coming.

Posted by: B. Boy Mike D on January 31, 2005

Fabrice...Weekend of the Razor??? I think I might have to agree. I slipped in the shower while shaving and gave myself a pretty bad cut on my knee, and naturally, wasn't too happy about it. I made a sailor sound like a four-year-old girl smile.

But now, I think it's almost healed... except when my friends think it's funny to hit or poke the neon green band-aid on my knee.

Posted by: Katharine Chu on February 1, 2005

Katharine,

Solution: wear long pants and they won't know where to poke. smile

I don't shave my legs, thankfully. wink

Posted by: Fabrice on February 1, 2005

HOLA!

It's probably better to not be a wookie, they end up getting squashed by moons.

ADIOS!~Kiersten~

Posted by: Kiersten on February 1, 2005

I have seen the evidence - Fabrice is indeed a new man.

Mike - definitely miss the hometown. You guys need another blizzard like the one we had in 1983 - I was really, really young but I'll still never forget it...

Posted by: Ben on February 1, 2005

Ben, that's very sad. Don't worry, that just means youre the reigning champ!!! By the way, all jokes aside, I think the beard looks good on you.

Posted by: Nbot1 on February 1, 2005