Chris Peterson SM '13

Jun 15, 2011

BRUINS!!!

ADMISSIONS TIMEOUT

OK AND WE'RE BACK

and can i just say to canucks fans: i hate your team, but oh my goodness, i could not be more impressed with how classy you were at the end of the game. that was alltime amazing.

Posted by: Chris Peterson @ MIT Admissions on June 15, 2011

It is post like these that provide endless entertainment that insure I return over and over to this blog, despite rejection.

I'm writing this comment though, because I have a bit of writing that may, or may not, be of interest to you. A short around 500 word essay on what rejection to the Institute meant to me, and how I took it. I wrote it because I thought it might be helpful to other rejected in future. It has some dated material, but nothing that removes its relevance for the future and past accepted, or rejected. If you could get me an email address to which I could send the essay, I would appreciate it, assuming that is that such a bit of writing could be useful to you.

Thank you!

Posted by: JayMay on June 16, 2011

@JayMay You can send the essay at [email protected] mentioning the name of the specific admission officer(if any) whom you want to read.

Posted by: Bhaskar on June 16, 2011

Posted by: Bhaskar on June 16, 2011

Hey,
I'm an Indian student currently studying in class 11 in a CBSE affiliated school. I intend to apply to MIT after passing 12th for an undergraduate course in Chemical Engineering. What subjects am I required to study till class 12 in order to be eligible to apply.
I have currently taken Maths, Physics, Chemistry, English and Computer Science as my core subjeects.

Posted by: Anupama on June 16, 2011

t.t. and doug and dropkick murphys
this is literally the best blog post you have ever written

Posted by: Elizabeth '13 on June 16, 2011

Wassup with the first picture? (A bear in corridor!!! Oooooooh)

Posted by: 0 on June 16, 2011

@Anupama Your core subject choices are perfectly fine.Go ahead with them and try to score well.Additionally you will have to take SAT-Writing and two SAT subject Tests.You can take the TOEFL in place of The SAT-Writing also.Gud Luck!!

Posted by: Bhaskar on June 17, 2011

Zdeno Chara is the best !!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: peter on June 17, 2011

The Bear is so cute! I wonder, if such a bear dances around the campus!
All the Best Mr.Peterson for evaluating a new package of wild applicants this coming year too!!

Posted by: 0 on June 17, 2011

@Bhaskar: Hey, congratulations for getting a job in MIT Admissions Committee. (Sarcasm intended)

Posted by: 0 on June 17, 2011

@anony Well I dnt have a job at the admissions committee..Thanks for the complement though.

Posted by: Bhaskar on June 17, 2011

@bhaskar-aka-the-guy-trying-pathetically-to-look-oversmart
Aww, too bad for you. In that case why don't u leave the job of enlightening prospective students to the real admission officials instead of spilling out your silly thoughts:)

Posted by: 0 on June 17, 2011

WOW! Since when does MIT teach bears to dance? All the more reason to love MIT...

Posted by: Hakker on June 18, 2011

hello sir!
i wanted to know the procedure to take admission inm.tech program at mit.
m from india.
plz give me this info !

Posted by: shashank on June 18, 2011

Noooooooooooooooooo. Canucks lost....=((((((((
I rage.

Posted by: canadian '15 on June 20, 2011

@Bhaskar- Thank you....
When do I start sending the application and other documents required???

Posted by: Anupama on June 21, 2011

@anupama You have some time till the application gets live on the website.Do make sure that you create an account on my.mit.edu It would contain your application components.The final deadline is January 1.

Posted by: Bhaskar on June 21, 2011

@anupama Oh I just missed out that you are in grade 11 only.So in this case you will be applying in fall next year i.e for the class of 2017.But still you can create your my MIT account and get some idea how the application is.

Posted by: Bhaskar on June 22, 2011