Aug 9, 2006

Class of 2010: Wondering Where Everyone Is Living?

Posted in: Life & Culture

From Star Simpson '10:

Nando Paniagua '10 manually created this database of housing info for at least half (so far) of the class of 2010, so that people can find other orientation housemates/roommates. Check it out! If anyone wants to add themselves, his email address is on the page.

The address is:
https://scripts-cert.mit.edu/~paniagua/tempdorms/index.php

Note that you will need MIT certificates.

Hehe, when I first saw that I didn't need my certificate to get in. grin

It's pretty awesome.

Posted by: Christina on August 9, 2006

I posted this in Matt's blog, but I thought maybe you could help me out as well. MIT is by far my first choice university, so much so that I haven't really considered any others. I know this is not a good plan because the acceptance rate is so low for international applicants, but I don't really know of any other schools with good math/science reputations (besides Caltech). I am primarily interested in theoretical physics and computer science or maybe aeronautics, and I was wondering if you would mind giving me a list of other schools with good programs in these areas. I donТƒфt really have any preference about location (anywhere in North America is fine) and I am not too concerned with financial aid (I donТƒфt need to find a school that is need blind or that guarantees to meet financial requirements). Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated (the most help, of course, would be acceptance into MIT ; ) Thanks in advance, I know how great you are at answering questions!

Posted by: Sam on August 9, 2006

Considering I'm in a double-sized room and haven't found any roommate via Facebook yet...

*signs up*

Posted by: thekeri on August 9, 2006

OKAY WAIT I'M THERE ALREADY WTF MATE

Posted by: thekeri on August 9, 2006

Lol, Keri has stalkers who randomly add her to lists without her knowledge. ^^;

Posted by: Andrew on August 10, 2006

Nando got a bunch of the rooms and dorms from Facebook. So don't worry, Keri.

Posted by: Drew on August 10, 2006

I love stalking.

Posted by: JKim on August 10, 2006

This thing is amazing. I've been trying to find my roomate since I found out where I was.

And don't worry keri, I was already on there too.

Posted by: Analiese on August 10, 2006

Well, if nothing else, I know who my (temporary) neighbors are. I'm glad this is getting more attention.

Posted by: Joe on August 10, 2006

Whoaaa this is awesome. Major props to Nando Paniagua!!!

Posted by: Minh on August 10, 2006

Awesome site, LooL i'm afraid I have a secret admirer too (tsk tsk Nando ;p) I was about to send the email when i saw my name and was like wtf i'm already there! ;p Props to Nando, great script wink

Posted by: Aziz '10 on August 11, 2006

Who's Neal Miller? cause it seems to be my roommate!

Posted by: Omar '10 on August 11, 2006

Hah, way cool. I was already there too. (creep.)

Can't wait to meet my roomie.

Posted by: Eric F '10 on August 15, 2006

I was there without knowing! So yeah... that's random.

Posted by: Omar '10 on August 16, 2006

Hey Ben,

Do you know when the HASS D lottery results come out?

Posted by: 0 on August 17, 2006

According to the advising folder, tomorrow after 4pm EST.

Posted by: 0 on August 17, 2006

this comment seems out of place but ne one in MIT(class of 2010) who got selected frm maharashtra in india??

Posted by: saurav on August 23, 2006