Apr 9, 2005

CPW Day 3

Today was dominated by the Meet The Bloggers Party - it was SO great to meet all of you!

But before we get to that, the rest of the day...

Got to MIT early, worked the help desk for a couple of hours. Headed over to the EC workshop (that's Educational Counselor, not East Campus) where I got to meet a bunch of cool MIT alums (some of whom actually read these blogs!). Back to the help desk for most of the afternoon.

At 5PM, I headed over to the closing ceremony which concluded with performances from 6 a cappella groups. In true MIT spirit it got hacked (see pic below). All of the groups were fantastic!

Next, Matt, Mitra, Kevin and I raided LaVerde's to buy supplies for the MTB party (see pic below). $60 of ice cream and root beer.

And most of you know what happened next - the bloggers blabbed away for awhile and everyone got to meet each other. Super fun. Almost all of the below pics were taken at the MTB party.

And finally, Matt and I stopped by the Battle Of The Bands before leaving for the night. On my way to the T, something *large* blew up near EC (that's East Campus, not Educational Counselor). Big orange glow, lots of smoke, smelled kindof bad. The perfect end to the perfect day.

Today's pics are below...

The A Cappella concert, complete with hack!

Mitra, Matt, Me, and Kevin. Shopping for the Meet The Bloggers Party.

The Meet The Bloggers Party. (Can you find all of the MIT bloggers? They're all there.) If you weren't there, we missed you!

Mike A., Mike B., Kelly, & Lulu.

Lulu calls the shots.

Lulu, Elisabeth, & Jenna.

2 Mikes & Nelson.

Lulu, Katie, & Kelly.

SHEETS!!! (& me).

A priceless shot of Anthony.

Awwww... me & MoneyMan.

Matt w/ a bunch of new friends.

Nghi is so much taller than I am...

Where is Keith?!? :-)

A shot from the Battle Of The Bands show.

Marilee is seriously the coolest.

HAHAHA - look at Tim crowd surfing!! LOL.

Posted by: Christina on April 9, 2006

YooHoooooooooooooooooooooo

Posted by: 0 on April 9, 2006

This has got nothing to do with CPW, but I wondered if CEE has released information regarding how many applied to RSI this year. Thanks.

Posted by: 2007 on April 9, 2006

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL @ TIM and Marilee!!! You guys rock I am SO pissed i couldn't come!!!

Aziz

Posted by: Aziz on April 10, 2006

I love the Logs like nothing else. (Especially the guy in the Lifesavers suit - come on! That was great!)

Posted by: thekeri on April 10, 2006

I'm with thekeri on that one. I'd say the a capella show was the PERFECT ending for CPW. It left me with the warmest feeling inside.

Will there be another concert for orientation week? Pretty PRETTY please? I want my parents to see it...

Posted by: nehalita on April 10, 2006

Neha -

There MUST be another a cappella show. Absolutely must be.

I'm thinking of trying out for one next year, actually.

Posted by: thekeri on April 10, 2006

YAYYYYY! CPW was amaaaazing, I just thought I'd let you know...

I had so much fun, and learned so much about MIT and what it's like there.... I went from 50-60% sure about going to MIT to 95% sure... smile

Posted by: Caroline on April 10, 2006

CPW was awesome. I went from being lukewarm about MIT to I MUST go there. NOW! There are so many things that make MIT soooo incredible.

100% sure I'll go to MIT if $ works out.

Posted by: Sara on April 10, 2006

There is another a cappella sing during mid-October for parents' weekend that runs exactly like the CPW sing. You'll get to hear all 6 groups perform again.

If you're at all interested in auditioning (like thekeri), you definitely should. A cappella is awesome.

Feel free to email me [[email protected]] if you have any questions at all (about anything).

Posted by: Michael Borohovski on April 10, 2006