Mar 30, 2007

CPW Registration Browser Issues

Hi folks,

I just learned from the folks who support my.mit.edu that certain browsers (i.e. Firefox) may not play nicely with CPW registration, which is likely why some of you have been having problems. We'll get to the bottom of that asap, but in the meantime, if you've already registered please check your MyMIT account to make sure your registration information still appears on the CPW registration page. If the registration page is blank, you'll need to re-register using Safari or Internet Explorer. (And if you haven't registered yet, please do so using one of those browsers!)

I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.

-B

Thanks

Posted by: Stephan'11 on March 30, 2007

Hmmm, I used Firefox to register and it looks like it turned out fine. Maybe version or OS play a part as well?

2.0.0.3 and XP Home, if anyone cares.

Posted by: Ryan on March 30, 2007

Making people use IE? You should be ashamed of yourself, Ben.

Posted by: Evan '10 on March 30, 2007

hey Ben, when do we know who our CPW hosts are?

Posted by: milena '11 on March 30, 2007

I'm with Evan. Internet Explorer is t3h evil.

Posted by: Keri on March 30, 2007

Thanks for the help, Ben!

Posted by: Karin '11 on March 30, 2007

Look, let's just be glad he's not making us use netscape, alright?

Posted by: Snively on March 30, 2007

Huh, mine worked using Firefox, as well...bizarre! Technology is so fickle...

Posted by: Kristin '11 on March 30, 2007

eh...i panicked for nothing. I went back to re-register just in case 'cos i use firefox. it turned out everything was fine too. oh well...

Posted by: KB on March 31, 2007

Is much better... www.opera.com

Posted by: Opera on March 31, 2007

Actually, I wouldn't suggest using Opera for registering for CPW either. MyMIT has mainly been tested on IE and Safari, so results aren't guaranteed on other browsers. But for web surfing it could be fine!

Posted by: Amy Perez on March 31, 2007

I just talked to my friend who got in, for linux users, things will be fine on Konqueror, he used that...

Posted by: Arihant on March 31, 2007

Ack, I used Firefox and I filled out the form twice through that then finally gave up and used IE (with my tail between my legs, of course).

Posted by: Shawn on March 31, 2007

Hey Snively my parents use Netscape! IE breaks too much for them but they don't understand my Firefox voodoo. It could be worse. Man these blogs are turning into an extension of the Facebook group.

Posted by: Harrison on March 31, 2007

O.o

I use IE.

Posted by: Melissa '11 on April 1, 2007