CPW Registration Browser Issues by Ben Jones

Firefox isn't playing nicely with MyMIT...

Hi folks,

I just learned from the folks who support my.mit.edu that certain browsers (i.e. Firefox) may not play nicely with CPW registration, which is likely why some of you have been having problems. We’ll get to the bottom of that asap, but in the meantime, if you’ve already registered please check your MyMIT account to make sure your registration information still appears on the CPW registration page. If the registration page is blank, you’ll need to re-register using Safari or Internet Explorer. (And if you haven’t registered yet, please do so using one of those browsers!)

I’m so sorry for the inconvenience.

-B

15 responses to “CPW Registration Browser Issues”

1. Ryan says:

Hmmm, I used Firefox to register and it looks like it turned out fine. Maybe version or OS play a part as well?

2.0.0.3 and XP Home, if anyone cares.

2. Evan '10 says:

Making people use IE? You should be ashamed of yourself, Ben.

I’m with Evan. Internet Explorer is t3h evil.

4. Karin '11 says:

Thanks for the help, Ben!

Look, let’s just be glad he’s not making us use netscape, alright?

6. Kristin '11 says:

Huh, mine worked using Firefox, as well…bizarre! Technology is so fickle…

7. Amy Perez says:

Actually, I wouldn’t suggest using Opera for registering for CPW either. MyMIT has mainly been tested on IE and Safari, so results aren’t guaranteed on other browsers. But for web surfing it could be fine!

8. Arihant says:

I just talked to my friend who got in, for linux users, things will be fine on Konqueror, he used that…

9. Shawn says:

Ack, I used Firefox and I filled out the form twice through that then finally gave up and used IE (with my tail between my legs, of course).

10. Harrison says:

Hey Snively my parents use Netscape! IE breaks too much for them but they don’t understand my Firefox voodoo. It could be worse. Man these blogs are turning into an extension of the Facebook group.

11. KB says:

eh…i panicked for nothing. I went back to re-register just in case ‘cos i use firefox. it turned out everything was fine too. oh well…

hey Ben, when do we know who our CPW hosts are?