Decisions

Dec 16, 2010

Early Action: Admitted

Posted in: Process & Statistics

Congratulations and welcome to the class of 2015!

Good job!

Go ahead and introduce yourselves :)

T-4 minutes? Good luck.

Posted by: Tong '12 on December 16, 2010

MIT, I LOVE YOU.

Posted by: Aris on December 16, 2010

its finally paid off

Posted by: Evan on December 16, 2010

JESUS CHRIST DOES EXIST

Posted by: Partha on December 16, 2010

congrats!

Posted by: Jenny '11 on December 16, 2010

After 10 minutes of tense waiting I finally got in!

Posted by: Kevin on December 16, 2010

YESSSSS!!!
After 7 minutes of loading the page, I got in!!!
YES!

Posted by: JR on December 16, 2010

wow. i think i'm legitimately speechless.

Posted by: Maya on December 16, 2010

Wow. So excited!

Posted by: Gurtej Kanwar on December 16, 2010

Contrats! My admission was rejected. I guess that's more college apps to do. I still really want to go to MIT, applying again in four years for grad school I guess.

Posted by: Marcel (rejected) on December 16, 2010

Yay! I still can't believe that I got in! Congratulations to everyone else!

Posted by: Arshia Surti on December 16, 2010

I'm happy for you guys... I really, really, really really really really really wanted to go to MIT though...:(

I'm curious about one thing though...
What were y'all's SAT scores? I just want to know if mine were way low or not. Thank you!

Posted by: Christine on December 16, 2010

Just got in. :D

My satII's weren't that great, a 700 on math and 730 on physics. I think my regular test score was relatively high though, a 760 on math/reading and a 750 on writing.

Posted by: Banks on December 16, 2010

In shock. But so excited smile

Posted by: EmL on December 16, 2010

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sooo excited! :D

Posted by: Anthony '15 on December 16, 2010

Got in! smile
MIT is definitely my dream school.
SAT: 2200, 800 math, 680 cr, 720 w
SAT II: 800 math2, 760 phys
ACT: 34, 35 math, 34 eng, 34 sci, 31 w
Main Special Ingredient: I'm a junior, and I made USAJMO.

Posted by: Shri on December 16, 2010

Congrats to all those who made it! I got deferred, but there is still is a chance for me. I'm not giving up hope yet! raspberry

Posted by: Tim on December 16, 2010

MIT!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Javier on December 16, 2010

I GOT INTO MIT!!!!!!

I feel like kicking myself for using all those exclamations. BUT STILL! YESSSSS!

I think it was my essays more than awards or anything like that. The way I saw it, the awards didn't seem to matter too much, but I really put my heart into those essays.

CONGRATULATIONS CLASS OF 2015! Hope to see you at CPW. :D

Posted by: Insorak ('15!) on December 16, 2010

God always listens to sincere prayers:)
See you guys all in MIT!

Posted by: Maria on December 16, 2010

Congratulations to the new 2015ers. I can't wait to meet y'all during CPW and show you how awesome this place can be! :D

Posted by: Piper '12 on December 16, 2010

I WAS ACCEPTED?!?! Holy God! This is...I can't believe it. My thoughts are jumbled...I can't breathe. What?

I've always wanted... This is...

I could burst into poetry!

I am happier than sunshine
that I was given a special tool.
From a far fantasy of mine,
it came: acceptance from my dream school!

Posted by: Schroeder on December 16, 2010

So I was trying to decide if I was hoping to be deferred to still have a shot or be rejected to just get it over with...and then I got admitted. I think I'm kind of in shock right now still. But I've gotta get off here and go let some people know or heads'll roll ^_- congratulations to everybody else that got in! I look forward to meeting you guys in person sometime! To anybody who didn't and reads this: don't lose hope. MIT is an amazing school, but it's not the only great school out there. To be honest, my safety school admits ~96% of applicants I think (it's based on GPA/test scores only), so it's clearly not the same level as many of the colleges I'm sure you're all considering if you can't get MIT, and yet I still would have been happy to pursue my education there. Try to find a school that provides the right environment for you but remember that YOU are what makes or breaks your education. And if you even applied to MIT, I bet you're pretty amazing =) Merry Christmas all!

Posted by: Nathan ('15) on December 16, 2010

^_^ there are no words. this is AWESOME.

Posted by: Pauline on December 16, 2010

congrats!! smile

Posted by: Hamsika '13 on December 16, 2010

Congratulations Lourdes!!!

And of course congratulations to everyone that got in! You are such an amazing group of people. Wish I could be a part of the MIT class of 2015...maybe I'll try for grad school. smile

Posted by: Rachel on December 16, 2010

congrats everyone!

I was just wondering if someone would like to share the general topics of what they wrote for essays .and how long they were? How much time did you spend and how important do you personally feel they are?

Posted by: Udaeka on December 16, 2010

Schroeder? I'm kind of loving you for the poetry right now.

I would write a sonnet but I'm way too hyped up.

Posted by: Tessa on December 16, 2010

I WAS ACCEPTED!!!
Wow I am extremely excited right now.
I can't wait to meet everyone at CPW!
Congrats to everyone!
Ahh this is awesome!!

Posted by: Matt ('15) on December 16, 2010

Just wanna thank Allah, Jesus, Rama, and Abraham for getting me into MIT. My heart is beating at 200 bpms, but its okay. '15!

Posted by: Avi '15 on December 16, 2010

Avi, God had nothing to do with it. It was you!

Posted by: Udaeka on December 16, 2010

Wow, I am so excited!! I really can't believe this is happening right now. I honestly thought I was going to be deferred. I can't stop crying!!!!

Posted by: 2015!!! on December 16, 2010

Nope, GOD helps...
Congrats everyone - MIT '15!!

Posted by: Rebecca on December 16, 2010

I can not believe I got in!!!!!!!!!
Hey everybody! I'm Ashley!!!!
I found out while backstage during my orchestra concert waiting to play Hallelujah Chorus with the rest of the orchestra and choir! It was hard to refrain from belting it out with the choir haha!

Congrats to everyone else that got accepted and can't wait to meet you all at CPW!!!!!

Also, I can't wait for the WTP reunion at CPW!!!!! I miss you girls so much and can't wait to see you again!

Good luck to everyone that got deferred or are apply regular decision =]

-Ashley (from Ohio)

Posted by: Ashley Smith on December 16, 2010

I'm so excited to meet my future class mates!!! This is awesome!!! God is good!!!

Posted by: Jasmine.Gipson on December 16, 2010

Dear prefrosh, please don't have a theism vs. atheism battle right now...

Posted by: -_- on December 16, 2010

SO HAPPY!! I can't get over how awesome this is!!
Can't wait for CPW! MITES REUNION FOR SURE!! so excited!!

Posted by: Ayantu on December 16, 2010

Oh my gosh... I got in. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!! I'm gonna try to visit over Winter Break!

Posted by: Sammy on December 16, 2010

My jaw hurts from all this non-stop smiling!! Good Job everyone I can't wait to meet everyone!!

Posted by: Casey on December 16, 2010

I feel amazing!!! Congrats to all! My heart is racing, and I can barely breathe, but we did it!!! Never forget how extraordinary this accomplishment is smile God is so good!!!

I found out right after my band concert. About 5 of my friends were on their phones trying to get on to the website for me, and I just went with the one that loaded the fastest!! When I read my letter, half the band was screaming, hugging, or high-fiving me. I've never felt so amazing in my life!!! I have such awesome friends! I will never forget that experience :D

Posted by: Jaaron '15 on December 16, 2010

CONGRATS MY CLASSMATES!!!
yeahhh '15!
i can't believe it!! i seriously thought i was going to be rejected smile

THE WORLD IS BEAUTIFUL!!!

Posted by: Emma on December 17, 2010

YES!!! Congrats everyone!

Posted by: John '15 on December 17, 2010

CONGRATS EVERYONE! I'M SO EXCITED!

Posted by: Meghan on December 17, 2010

AHHHHHHHH!!!! I spent on hour on Facebook after I found out. So overwhelmed! Thank God smile

Can't wait to meet everyone at CPW, future fellow classmates!!! It'll hopefully be a large reunion for my fellow WTP 'ers as well!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!! I spent on hour on Facebook after I found out. So overwhelmed! Thank God smile

Can't wait to meet everyone at CPW, future fellow classmates!!! It'll hopefully be a large reunion for my fellow WTP 'ers as well!!! <3 THIS IS AWESOME.

Congrats everyone!!!

Posted by: Karla on December 17, 2010

what is CPW?

Posted by: Deferred on December 17, 2010

Hello!
I'm ecstatic to be admitted. I'm in Southern Oregon. Anyone else from around here?
~Will

Posted by: Will Oursler on December 17, 2010

Omg. This is a dream come true. I was so nervous opening the webpage today >__Omg. This is a dream come true. I was so nervous opening the webpage today >__<

Thank you thank you thank you so much!

Congratz everyoneee!!!! :DD

Posted by: Alice Chen on December 17, 2010

Lol, this is so interesting. I am a senior and I can definitely say I lOVE MIT SFM! as a freshman I did not like it very much since I struggle alot coming from a very poor school, it was not until my junior year when things finally paid of for me!

At any rate SAT has nothing to do with coming to MIT
for everyones info I got a
600 on math
500 on reading
500 on writing
620 Math II
and thats pretty much it.
At any rate congratulations guys! and I cant believe I am graduating... times flies so fast! when you read this post you one day will be a senior too so enjoy your time!

Posted by: 2011 on December 17, 2010

hi

Posted by: 0 on December 17, 2010

SAT's don't matter anymore guys...cuz we're in!!!!! Can't wait to meet you fellow '15ers!!!!!

Posted by: Leigh '15 on December 17, 2010

I'm SO incredibly happy right now! I had to read the letter twice before I believed it. I honestly thought I was going to be deferred at best. This is amazing.

Congrats to everyone that made it! I can't wait to meet you all at CPW.

Mari smile

Posted by: Mari Prescod on December 17, 2010

CPW is Campus Preview Weekend, a weekend in April where accepted students can come visit campus and MIT students show them all the awesomeness here :D

Posted by: Piper '12 on December 17, 2010

Hey! Congrats to you all! MIT is fabulous and you guys are more so. =)

Posted by: Nazia '14 on December 17, 2010

Hey! I made it smile Who's from California??

Posted by: Karl on December 17, 2010

This is so exciting!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Posted by: catecolon on December 17, 2010

Accepted too! So incredibly excited! I'm from CA!

Posted by: Julie on December 17, 2010

I'm from California! Are you from northern or southern CA?

Posted by: Arshia Surti on December 17, 2010

Woo SoCal!

Posted by: Sammy '15 on December 17, 2010

YAY!!! Guys I am so excited to meet all of you! I checked this on my yacht with the whole town watching and they were all so excited!

Posted by: Annie on December 17, 2010

your whole town can fit on your yacht??? either that's a small town or a BIG yacht!!

Posted by: Chris Peterson @ MIT Admissions on December 17, 2010

I CAN'T BELIEVE I GOT IN.
It wouldn't let me load the page at first, but when it finally did, I broke down in tears (a bit exaggerated). I was at work, and all the little kids at the tutoring center I work at looked at me like I was crazy. My co-workers were also excited. I'm still in shock. I look forward to meeting everyone. WOO

Posted by: KevinG on December 17, 2010

happppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppy :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Posted by: Xavier on December 17, 2010

sweet! I'm from Orange County smile

Posted by: Karl on December 17, 2010

I LOVE YOU, MIT. So excited!! ^____^

Posted by: Jenni on December 17, 2010

WHOO! MIT '15! Hawaii represent, haha!

Posted by: Flynn on December 17, 2010

<-- Bay Area, California!

Definitely hasn't fully sunk in yet. Seems like every few minutes I think of some new implication of this and it happens all over again: "I'm really going to MIT!"

Yeeeeeeeeeeee.

Posted by: Anthony '15 on December 17, 2010

Hm, it cut off the first part of my comment. Bay Area, California here!

This was the best Christmas/ Birthday Present ever! I'm from LA County in SoCal. Just for kicks, since I'm sure nobody knows where this is, I spend most of my life in Walnut and Pomona.

I LOVE MIT!

Posted by: Royal '15 on December 17, 2010

Wow, it feels like yesterday when I myself got the tube. Congratulations MIT Class of 2015!!! This school is just so incredible, and you should be thanking so many people for this amazing opportunity of yours. SO happy for you all!

Posted by: MIT '11 (Senior) on December 17, 2010

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE! It was 3 in the morning when the decisions came out where I live, but so worth it!

A celebratory haiku:
Wait what just happened
I GOT INTO MIT?!
YAY TWENTY-FIFTEEN!

Haha, can't wait to meet all of you. smile

Posted by: Maria on December 17, 2010

I refuse to believe this until I am at freshman orientation.

I'm in Japan, and I was in my AP Chem class when I found out. My Friday just got that much better. I can't make it to CPW (because of timing, cost of travel, etc) but I look forward to meeting you all next fall!

Posted by: Yukino on December 17, 2010

Wow. I still can't believe this is real. Spent all night tossing and turning because I was so excited XD Hopefully my calc AP exam grade won't show that...

representing the Big Easy

THANKS MIT! smile

Posted by: Who Dat on December 17, 2010

I'm still amazed...this all feels like a dream. I'm so happy I got in!!!! Wow. Hopefully I'll see you all at CPW and Freshman Orientation! Congratulations to everyone else who got in and good luck to all those deferred/rejected smile

Posted by: MB '15 on December 17, 2010

CPW!!! CPW!! CPW!!!!

Posted by: David311 on December 17, 2010

Hey everyone!! I'm so excited to meet all of you at CPW! I'm still in shock smile

Posted by: Katie on December 17, 2010

Oh my goodness, hello everyone!! I cannot believe this has happened to all of us!! :D I'm so excited to meet you all at CPW!! Class of 2015!! I am also in shock!! :D But a good shock wink

Posted by: Priyanka on December 17, 2010

AHHHH I AM SOOO EXCITED!!!! CANT WAIT FOR THE TUBE!!!

Posted by: Sarah '15 on December 17, 2010

I hadn't even known it was possible to get a 230 on anything...or a 450, but who cares about SATs? We're in!!!

psst WTP and MITES, the RSI CPW reunion is going to be way cooler than yours raspberry

Also, to the person whose tears were "a little exaggerated" mine most definitely were not exaggerated, at all. Yay for happy-crying! =D

Posted by: Tessa on December 17, 2010

I'm so glad to become a part of this wonderful community! Go MIT Class of 2015! Hope to see you all at CPW. I can't wait for the tube!!

Posted by: Ishwarya on December 17, 2010

I I <3 MIT!

Posted by: Ryan Cheu on December 17, 2010

orange county here, repping the acceptance!

congratulations to everyone!

Posted by: XD on December 17, 2010

i am extremely exicted right now! hope to meet all of the newly admits come CPW. congrats everyone!

Posted by: Jem ('15) on December 17, 2010

OMG OMG OMG!!! LOVE MIT!!! SO excited to meet you all!! LOS ANGELES REPRESENT! yeah cali!!!

Posted by: Barbara on December 17, 2010

Congratulations, everybody! I'm still in shock nearly sixteen hours later...I was expecting to be rejected and hoping to be deferred, so to find out I had been admitted was an awesome surprise. I'm from Virginia, where school board officials cancel school before snow hits the ground. (Seriously. School was canceled for Thursday at 6:30 on Wednesday night, and it didn't start snowing until 10:00 AM on Thursday morning.) But I'm not complaining--an early start to winter break and an MIT acceptance make for an awesome Christmas present smile Congrats again, everyone!!

Posted by: Ashley on December 17, 2010

YAYYYYY!!!!!!
I'm still nervous about my acceptance being a dream, or a joke... hopefully posting this comment will help wedge it into reality (:

I live in a little Michigan town & I'm looking forward to meeting all of you! We're so lucky!

Posted by: Kathy on December 17, 2010

Wow, good luck to ALL of you and go ahead and change the world!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Udaeka on December 17, 2010

@Tessa: dooode (tm) RSI reunion ftw!!! :D

Posted by: Yukino on December 17, 2010

Are there any other Siemens competition people who got in? I first went to MIT to present for the Siemens competition, and realized it would be a good fit for me. Wondering if anyone else had similar experiences.

Posted by: Austin on December 17, 2010

I am so excited! Congrats to everyone else who got accepted!

San Diego, CA!

Posted by: Victor on December 17, 2010

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Lets go fellow classmates of 2015 :D Can't wait to have the best four years of my life with all of you!!

Lyndsy

Posted by: Lyndsy on December 17, 2010

Yay! IYay! I<3 MIT!!!

d/dx.

Posted by: 0 on December 17, 2010

Hey, looking forward to the best years of my life!

MIT 2015.

d/dx.

Posted by: Kenneth on December 17, 2010

I can't believe it! And neither did my brother... (he cried)
Merry christmas and happy new year to everyone!! This is the best present I could've asked for :D

Posted by: MrSpaceman on December 17, 2010

Congrats to the class of 2015! Hope to see you all at CPW!

Posted by: ThePlaz '13 on December 17, 2010

Congrats everyone!!!
Hope 2 see u there! I'm on regular action right now. Wish me luck!!

Posted by: Parth on December 17, 2010

Hey Congrats to everyone who got admitted but I think we all should remember that as we got a eternal chance of doing something that has a GLOBAL IMPACT we should not waste it an we should dedicate our self for the betterment of mankind in anyway !!

BEST OF LUCK smile

Posted by: Ryan '15 on December 18, 2010

This is so exciting! Look forward to seeing all of you next year.
Congratulations class of 2015!

Posted by: Deepak on December 18, 2010

I'm so excited! Hahaha I may be sick, but nothing can take away the smile on my face.

Posted by: Jared on December 18, 2010

a gentle request to accepted candidates :

(a) please post your SAT and other exam scores

(b) please provide some tips for a successful application

We would all be very much thankful to you ,

please oblige

Posted by: sunil on December 18, 2010

For the past eleven months, ever since I visited last January, I have been doodling bubbled "MIT" letters in the corner of many a notebook page. I'm so glad it all came to fruition, and congratulations to everyone else!
Sunil, I completely understand your need for information...but SAT scores here are going to run the gambit, and everyone had different kinds of successful applications. You're going to do great, just show yourself in your essays and try to sketch out all the important things you've been doing. Best of luck!
I'll be seeing everyone on April 7th!

Posted by: Anna on December 18, 2010

Congrats to the nucleus of the Class of 2015 from one of the old geezers who interviewed you!!!
You are an amazing bunch, the Early Action Admits. I've been doing this for 21 years now, and every year confirms my suspicion that THIS year I would not have gotten in. You have every reason to be proud. Your parents won't stop hugging you until the fall semester tuition bill arrives.

Enjoy these next few months @ reduced pressure.
But don't forget to brush your teeth!

It'll get even better: CPW (if you can make it) and the Rush/Orientation Week (I still wistfully reminisce about MY "Camp MIT"). You will never feel so loved and wanted by so many. But then the classes start.

Welcome to the Next Level.
EC in MN

Posted by: ECinMN on December 18, 2010

@Sunil: The SAT is just a test and it can never truly reflect a person. And thank goodness - students should never be robots or numbers on paper! 600s, 700s and 800s, however, obviously won't hurt your chances. For the app itself, resist all temptations to use filler or randomly insert brag material. The website says "be yourself," "tell us what you like to do" and "tell us who you are." They're not joking. Take it seriously and write well, but remember that it's also a friendly conversation.

Posted by: Schroeder on December 18, 2010

Man, I am so excited about MIT! It's been 2 days since the decisions, and I'm still like "what???"

I have a suggestion. Why don't we all introduce ourselves? You never know just how these friendships might take us. =]

omg! cant believe that I got in!! Orange County California represent!!! smile

never thought I was smart enough to get into MIT

Posted by: whitney on December 18, 2010

GOSH! I FEEL LIKE M ALREADY ADMITTED!!

FYI: I am an international student from India, and so applied in Regular decision! BUT oh god, I already feel like God has been so gracious to me and that i am admitted!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! everyone!

HOPE to meet you all at CPW in April!

MIT ROCKZZ!!!

I LUV U MIT!!!!

Posted by: Utkarsh Singh on December 18, 2010

Congratulations you guys!! I didn't get accepted yet -- I was just deferred, but I'm really happy for you guys! Hopefully I'll get in on Pi Day and I'll see you guys at CPW. I'm really happy for you guys though!

Posted by: Ash P on December 18, 2010

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE! We made it!! :D
I can't wait to see my girls at the WTP reunion at CPW!

San Diego, CA :]

Posted by: Nicci on December 18, 2010

Good Times

See y'all at the CPW.

Posted by: Tom on December 18, 2010

Hey guys! I got deferred, but seeing all your happy comments have put a BIG smile on my face!! Hopefully I will get the good news later. =D

No matter, I am sooooooo proud of you all. And maybe I will meet you all someday in MIT or somewhere else. You guys all sound amazing and I'm STILL smiling.

Once again, Congratulations on your well-deserved acceptances!

Posted by: Jacqueline O on December 18, 2010

Hi all and congrats!!

You guys are some on the best and brightest in the world.

My only advice: Remember how you felt the moment you read the first line of your accpetance. rembmer the rush and the excitment, the chills, and the feeling of accomplishment like you never felt before. Just always remember that throughout your time at MIT becuase at times it seems like we all take advantage and forget that we came to MIT for a reason and a purpose. We may complain about a pset, or a class or what not, but I wish people would just remember that we all wanted to come here so bad, and just take a moment and remember the day we got accepted. It was honestly the happiness day of my life, and everytime I question why I came to MIT or if I'm having issues with a pset, I read my acceptance letter and I remeber the feeling I got.

Again Congratulations everyone!!!
See you all at CPW.
-C

Posted by: C '11 on December 18, 2010

Congrats, everybody! I was deferred, but I hope to join you next year!

@2011 Thanks for posting your scores...that's really comforting for someone like me who didn't do so hot on the subject tests raspberry

Posted by: Allyson on December 18, 2010

Hello. My name is Corey. Well, I am kind of late. But I am still so excited that I got in. Congrats to everyone else who got in. And goodluck to the deferred.

Is there a way we can keep in contact before the fall? Are all of you going to attend? CPW?

Posted by: Corey on December 19, 2010

I re-checked the decisions page again the next day, because I thought I might have imagined the whole thing.

I'm so excited for a WTP reunion! And I can't wait to meet everyone at CPW!!

Posted by: Jaya on December 19, 2010

I am still in shock, 48+ hours later...
Not everything has set in yet. My parents are starting to get worried because I haven't shown that much emotion since Thursday night. It is probably because as soon as I read the letter, I ran outside without a jacket or anything and made my phone calls for about half an hour then layed face down in the snow for 5 minutes straight. Bare in mind that I live in Minnesota and it was around -20 out that night. Consequentially, I now have a pretty bad cold and can barely talk...

Posted by: Ian on December 19, 2010

One year later:

KYE + MIT = One year later:

KYE + MIT = <3

Posted by: Katherine on December 19, 2010

less than three

(Sorry! Can't use carrots in posts, I guess.)

Congratulations everyone !!! I have applied for regular action smile Very nervous........
All you guys deserve it !

Posted by: Shehzad Lokhandwalla on December 19, 2010

Congratulation guys,:D :D
I become so happy when I read your comments.I applied for regular action and I really like to be one of your classmates,I trust god I think he can help me smile.I hope everyone inside and outside MIT become successful :D.The important key is just this.

Posted by: Hale on December 19, 2010

@ Schroeder

thanks Schroeder for your nice tips ,

gratitude , good luck

Posted by: sunil on December 19, 2010

Congratulations to all of you guys.
You excite me much seeing you admitted in my favourite unversity.
I am regular applicant and I hope to be with you next year.
Let us all praise the lord.

Posted by: Patrick on December 19, 2010

@ Anna

ok Anna , thanks for your advice

regards , best of luck

Posted by: sunil on December 19, 2010

@ Utkarsh Singh

hii , utkarsh

I saw your post in MIT website blog and came to know that are quire a very hopeful regular applicant for MIT 2011 .

Can I please have a little information about your SAT and other exam. scores ?? any other information which you feel makes your application look really nice and stand out ??

thanks , best of luck

I'm undergraduate at IIT Kharagpur , and visiting student at University of California , Los Angeles .

regards and wishes ,

sunil

Posted by: Sunil on December 19, 2010

congratulations !!class 2015,i'm so glad for you all, i've applied regular action (keeping my fingers crossed):)

Posted by: ravishree on December 19, 2010

Cmon people, show up some Sat scores !

Posted by: Gf on December 19, 2010

Congrats everybody! I'll be applying regular decision, but I just thought I'd say WHOOOOOHOOOOO for all you who got in!

Oh, and can I borrow some of y'all's good luck when RD decisions come around? :D

Hope I'll be able to meet you all at CPW smile

Posted by: Still hoping :D on December 19, 2010

Congrats to everybody!
I look forward to seeing you all next fall!
Good luck to everybody who is still applying, and remember to just be yourself in the essays.

go class of 2015!
~Abby

Posted by: AbbyC on December 19, 2010

AAAHHHHH! I'm so excited. It still hasn't sunk in at all, this just feels like a dream or something. It's just so surreal. I look forward to meeting everyone at CPW!! Congrats to everyone, be proud, YOU'RE ACCEPTED TO MIT!!!

Posted by: Caroline A (Ohio) on December 19, 2010

Wow! Early Admission to MIT, you all must be amazing! Congratulations everyone! I am so happy for all of you! I got deferred, but I hope to join your ranks in March!

Posted by: Kevin Gregory on December 19, 2010

Congrats to those who got accepted. I got denied. MY dreams were crushed, I have been dreaming about MIT for 7 years now. Stuck going to the University of Oklahoma this year. Guess I will try and transfer next year.

Posted by: Cori Watson on December 19, 2010

I'll be applying regular action, but just reading the comments on this page has brought tears to my eyes. I can't stop smiling also! Congratulations to all of you from the bottom of my heart!! I hope I get to join you in March!!!

Posted by: Nadia'15???? on December 19, 2010

See you all there next fall! I'm soo excited!

Posted by: Josh '15 on December 19, 2010

Aw I can't go to CPW :( stupid swim meet

hiyoo everyone....who's from boston?!
IM SO EXCITED!!!!!!

Posted by: EmilyL on December 19, 2010

Congrats to all the early action admits! If you live in Southern California (or will be in Southern California, wherever you live), watch for the MIT Club of Southern California summer picnic for prefrosh in Los Angeles on a Sunday in late July (prob July 17 or 24) - meet your classmates and continuing undergrads at what's always a fun event. [email protected]

Posted by: Tom Leo '75 on December 19, 2010

Congrats to all EA-admits!!!
Don't forget to join the MIT Class of 2015 Facebook Group!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=145040310848

Posted by: Suan Tuang '14 on December 19, 2010

Hey Everyone smile
Congratulations! I'm a grade 10 student from Canada and I really want to go to MIT. I'm worried about the SATs though...how high do your SATs need to be and what highschool marks do they consider for the application process?

Posted by: VS on December 20, 2010

HOLLA FROM DALLAS! I am so excited to be a part of this wonderful group of brilliant and future-MIT classmates!

Posted by: Lisa Zhang on December 20, 2010

Hey, is anybody planning on taking a (or two) gap year(s)? Read the gap year blogs, they're fun!

Posted by: i_H on December 20, 2010

Hey congrats to class of 2015..

I have applied for regular action and wish to join you all soon..!! smile

Posted by: Sharvaree on December 20, 2010

Hey! Congrats to everyone that got accepted! I am so excited that I was accepted. I am a swimmer and plan to continue swimming in college so I was just wondering any other swimmers out there?

Posted by: Kelsey on December 20, 2010

Anyone gotten their tube yet?

Posted by: JR on December 20, 2010

Do you think i have any chances with my 540reading, 720math, 600writing?

RA
Thank you

Posted by: Yulduz on December 21, 2010

Well i have a very bad Sat Scores
like
CR 410
W 460
Math 740

is it serious problem in case fr my admissions?
i am applying RA.

Any body please advise me.

i am International applicant too, to mention it.

Posted by: 0 on December 21, 2010

The above post is mine, for got 2 put d name..

and my SAT subject tests arent that bad...
its in early 700s though....

my email [email protected]

Posted by: nikhil on December 21, 2010

Hey!! Congratulations to all of you for getting through..( I know this comment comes quite late but anymay). Hope to meet you at MIT if i get in...

Posted by: Pratyush on December 21, 2010

hey all..hows u doing?..congrats to all who are selected.those who are deferred or rejected plz don't be sad or disheartened..keep trying.never give up..c u all pretty soon.

Posted by: Bhaskar on December 21, 2010

Posted by: Bhaskar on December 21, 2010

congratulations to those admitted, wish I would of had the chance to apply early=( I hope I recieve the same amount of excitement as all of you come march, as all of you say SAT's dont matter as much but I need some advice from those amzing enough to be accepted, January is the last month I can take an SAT again and I only get one, last time I had 530 reading 520 math and 550 writing on reasoning, 510 chemistry 570 level 1 and 480 u.s. history, I am my own person and will ultimately make the decision but want everyone who has the time to give there opinion on which I should choose to retake in January, Thank you and once again your amazing, congratulations to '15

Posted by: TommieLee on December 21, 2010

congratulations to all!!!! can't wait to meet everyone! does anyone know when we'll get the tube?!

Posted by: Ashley on December 21, 2010

can anyone provide detailed explanation on how to send fee waiver?

thank you)

Posted by: Yulduz on December 22, 2010

@tommielee Hey tommie..wats goin on?.well i would suggest you to go for maths level 1 and if you are confident in chem then take it otherwise take physics..maths is necessary..so gud luck

Posted by: Bhaskar on December 22, 2010

Hey guys I urgently need your help. My SAT 1 scores are extremely low (1400) and my for subject test i scored math 1 (690) and math 2 (660) and physics (670) so should i take SAT 1 or SAT 2 in january. Because i was planning to take SAT 2 in jan and .submit my ACT score that i will take in February

Posted by: Me on December 22, 2010

Thank God I got in...Congratulations to everyone!!
Looks like we are going to have an interesting class of 2015!

Anyone from DFW (Plano, Frisco, etc)?
Anyone from Allentown, PA?

Posted by: Ryan on December 22, 2010

Hahahah lol, it's funny how a lot of people are bugging about "What's your SAT score? What's your SAT score?" or "Is mine good enough?"...In the end, it does not matter. Just prove to them how passionate you are about Math and Science. Although, I should be one of the ones complaining, considering I receieved a 490 on CR, 470 Math, 410 on writing. 410 on math 1, math 2: 410, Biology E 420....despite the fact that I can still retain my 3.8 g.p.a ( and considering how horrible of a test taker I am ), that still does not hinder me from being able to learn the basic principles of mathematics and the sciences(I want to major in physics). Even though I took the ACT test a couple of weeks ago and am awaiting my score to arrive on the 27 of this month, in the end all I can say is.....it doesn't matter. Show them who you are.

Posted by: Hahaha lol on December 22, 2010

Hey ya all!!..feels great for all of you getting in there.....just wish ya' all very good luck on your future!....as I'm a RA(international applicant) i'll be in a hope of cutting the cake in march'.

But anyways the essays were great and so as the evals...my SAT's scores are more than enough to get admitted, from what I've noted above...so all in all I truly look forward to meet you all in MIT!

good luck guys!
See ya' all!

Posted by: Vivek on December 22, 2010

Hey guys

I'm in grade 11 and I planned to apply next year but I was about to give up because all the statistics said I can't do it but all of your excitement got me believing in myself! I still got a year :D I will be applying next year!! THANK YOU GUYS :D

PS i love how the verification words get easier and easier after every fail xD

Posted by: CANADA :D on December 22, 2010

do i have to firstly submit part 1 in order to my docs appear on MyMit?

Posted by: an on December 23, 2010

I still can't believe I got in!!!!! Iwas in India visiting relatives so I went to an Internet cafe to get my decision. I was prepared for a deferral or maybe a rejection but definitely not acceptance!!!!!!! I was speechless for a couple minutes and I printed out a copy of the acceptance letter and read it over and over all day until I had it pretty much memorized smile SO VERY EXCITED for MIT and CPW!!! I can't wait to meet you all!!!
Any other juniors out there? Can you believe we get to skip senior year?!?!?!?!!!!!

Posted by: Rupa on December 23, 2010

@Vivek

there have been some pretty amazing people out there with better scores than you, more extracurriculars, have started companies and charites, built nuclear reactors, and other amazing things and still didnt get in. I myself got nowhere near perfect scores on my SAT or ACT, and i got in. my best friend, she had perfect scores on both, and she got denied. Just, dont get your hopes up, you'll build yourself up for failure.

good luck to all the RAs

~jeh

Posted by: jeh '11 on December 24, 2010

@jeh'11
Am an RA,thanks so much for the good luck.
From what I have seen,only SAT scores do NOT get you in.Congrats to all the early admits,wish I can join you all next year.
And oh yes,I am NERVOUS....

Posted by: oh*so*nervous* on December 24, 2010

Hi everyone,
Congratulations... and for those who got deferred, best of lucks!!!i am applying for Reg.decision and i wanted to know whether sending scanned form of documents online is advisable?

Posted by: ??? on December 24, 2010

OMG...Im appplying regular decision as an international applicant with my interview tomorrow...
Looking at all of you guys is making me really nervous :S Have a great time at MIT and I hope i'll get to join you guys...my SAT scores were decent, but they're like maybe 10% of the application, I so hope I can join you guys....

Posted by: Siddhant on December 24, 2010

@Sunil

Hey buddy! Aah thanxx for the "hopeful" thing! [I wish MIT admin officers feel the same!] raspberry

Anyway... as said uncountable times above, it's not just the SAT and ACT scores that make you into MIT... its the TOTAL you!

When I had my interview, he told me to be true and original in my application... because from what I know is that MIT needs people that can handle "being an MITian"!!

So... I guess I'll give my "being hopeful" credit to my essays. It's because I could just write what I wanted! It was so fun to encounter topics that I could really tell about in my application! [LOL! Lest I get in!!]

So.. I'll say SAT scores do count, the transcript counts... but its you overall that counts the BEST!!
My SAT II were Physics 800 and Math II 750
and my TOEFL (ibt) was 110...

I guess that maybe okay...!

Anyway, again I'll say that I tried my best on my essays... and would ask anybody hoping for MIT to do the same...! That is one part of your application that probably can be called HEAVY!! raspberry

P.S.: you are in IIT Kharagpur, and currently as a visiting in UCLA then definitely you must be in for GRADUATE admissions right?
What's your facebook page?
[Click on my link to join me on Facebook... I guess we can have a lot to talk about!]

Posted by: Utkarsh Singh on December 25, 2010

@Sunil

and my TOEFL (ibt) was 110...

I guess that maybe okay...!

What's your facebook page?

@Utkarsh Singh
Did you apply for regular action?

Posted by: Anant Kamath on December 25, 2010

Has anyone received a tube yet? Just wondering because I'm anxious to get mine and I think my parents are starting to question if I got in!

Posted by: Kristi on December 25, 2010