Matt McGann '00

Dec 11, 2009

Early Action Decisions: Wednesday 12/16

Posted in: Process & Statistics

MIT Admissions plans to make Early Action decisions available online on Wednesday, December 16 at 9pm EST.

When decisions are released, simply visit decisions.mit.edu and log in using the same username and password that you use to log into your MyMIT account. There are no interim screens, so you should be sure you are ready to receive your decision online before logging in to decisions.mit.edu.

To ensure that you will receive a decision online, please visit decisions.mit.edu and enter your username and password. Decisions.mit.edu will be available through the decision date for applicants to confirm their login ability and decision eligibility.

If you've forgotten your MyMIT password, you may use our automated system to reset it. Simply visit my.mit.edu and click on the lost password link. There is a similar link for forgotten usernames. If you're having trouble using our automated username/password recovery process, please email [email protected] with your full name and mailing address.

Admissions decisions will be available exclusively online. Decisions will not be released via email, snail mail, carrier pigeon, or Nekobasu special delivery. Following the release of admissions decisions, however, we will be mailing necessary materials to admitted students, cylindrically.

I wish you all the best!

Cool! Thanks Matt smile

Posted by: Su ('14?) on December 7, 2009

Good luck everyone!

Posted by: Mike on December 7, 2009

smile Yayay.

Posted by: Anjian on December 7, 2009

Good luck everyone! (Good to see the tubes are still happening) smile

Posted by: Kevin on December 7, 2009

Holy Moly!! That's, like 10 days from now! :D

Thanks for making them released at 9pm, by the way. It's a school night. wink

Posted by: VAL ('14?) on December 7, 2009

Cool. Why is the post date on this article the 11th? Time machine?!

Posted by: Maajid on December 7, 2009

Drat! I can only be reached by Nekobasu! Does this mean I won't get my decision?!

But YAAAAAAY! Thank you, Matt! I'm not sure I've ever been so anxious in my life. :D

Posted by: Lydia AK on December 7, 2009

And the wait gets harder. What are we supposed to feel right now? Confident? Anxious? Full of hope?

9 days and 9 hours left. The countdown begins.

Posted by: Southpaw on December 7, 2009

Ahhh....I was waiting for a carrier pigeon.
OMG this is sooooo exciting!!=)
Good luck everyone and myself!!

Posted by: Val'14? on December 7, 2009

I'm agreeing with the time machine idea. this is posted 4 days from now! And btw my SAT scores from Nov haven't been received yet! will they reach in time?

Posted by: Anthony Sanford on December 7, 2009

It's posted in the future so that whenever we blog we get pushed below it. It's sneaky.

Posted by: Snively on December 7, 2009

@Snively: I was thinking it was something like that. Sneaky, sneaky. wink

Admitted early action with the 2011's, I'm starting to feel old O.O

Posted by: Piper '12 on December 7, 2009

yay! This is exciting smile But now I'm anxious, go figure o.O raspberry

Good luck everyone!

Posted by: Olivia ('14?) on December 7, 2009

how many ppl applied this year??

Posted by: 0 on December 7, 2009

Good luck, everyone!!!!

Posted by: Hamsika '13 on December 7, 2009

Best of luck to everyone! Remember, you will have opportunities to succeed regardless of MIT's decision smile

Posted by: Mike '14? on December 7, 2009

(From the Barker Library Reading Room where I'm supposed to be studying for finals...) Good luck to you guys!

Posted by: Jenny '13 on December 7, 2009

Good luck guys!

Posted by: 0 on December 7, 2009

Best of luck to everyone.. May God Bless You And Be With You.. smile

Posted by: 0 on December 7, 2009

A really good way to counteract the nerves is to work on all other applications through the 16th... but what a pain.

Posted by: 0 on December 7, 2009

What does Admissions do between now and 12/16? Have they made all the decisions yet? Is what's left to do just a matter of checking the decisions are paired with correct names?

Posted by: 0 on December 7, 2009

Anybody knows how many applied for EA?

Posted by: 0 on December 7, 2009

Sweet. It's so nice to have a concrete date to wait for.

Posted by: Evan on December 7, 2009

Also, My Neighbor Totoro was my favorite movie growing up.

Posted by: Evan on December 7, 2009

It seems like an eternity away.

Posted by: x ('14?) on December 7, 2009

Hmm. For some reason, I'm guessing those 9 days, 6 hours, and 33 minutes are going to pass rather slowly.

Good luck to everyone!

Posted by: Sawyer ('14?) on December 7, 2009

good luck everyone!!

Posted by: Divyansh on December 7, 2009

While I love having advance warning, having this actually come out on the 11th, and not today, would have been kinder. Days, hours and minutes to sweat...

Posted by: Waiting on December 7, 2009

Good luck everyone! I wish it were on the 15th along with the rest of the early decisions, but I guess we'll just have to wait one more day.

Posted by: George ('14?) on December 7, 2009

The 15th? Why? I wish it were on the 17th! (Ah, never mind. You wouldn't get it.)

Posted by: Jacob on December 7, 2009

People, is it only me or the date of Matt's post appears to be on "December 11, 2009" on admission's home page?

Posted by: 0 on December 7, 2009

^ If you read the previous comments carefully, you'll note that the entry is indeed posted 4 days in the future so this post will be "stickified" on the mitblog homepage for at least these next 4 days.

But all this aside, you guys will be '14s! Aww, how cute. raspberry

Posted by: Oasis '11 on December 7, 2009

Yes, 3:00 PM Anonymous -- As Snively has pointed out, this is so that it remains "above the fold", so that no one can miss it. It is not as though Matt has mastered the space-time continuum so as to project himself into the future from which he now blogs. If that were possible, I'd put myself right in front of my Mac at 9:00 PM EST next Wednesday and log into decisions.mit.edu/

Posted by: Waiting on December 7, 2009

Amazing. This reminds me of waiting for X-mas when I was little, except for 10 grueling days, let's just hope it's happy like X-mas....Good luck everyone.

Posted by: JF('14?) on December 7, 2009

Did you know, if you rearrange the letters of decisions.mit.edu, you get: Demonic Studies I, and the letters of Matt McGann cannot be rearranged to spell anything (else) at all?? Scary...

Posted by: Skeptic on December 7, 2009

lol

Posted by: Kir on December 7, 2009

Cool Matt. Thanks a lot. Totoro is prolly one of my favorite Miyazaki movies besides Mononoke.

Posted by: Rahul on December 7, 2009

I was going to start my boatload of homework an hour ago... then this happened. Eekkkkkkkk Good luck everyone!

Posted by: Anon. on December 7, 2009

Darn, I wish they were coming out at like 3 AM so I'd have an excuse to stay up that late.

Unrelated: Your blog should have some way of stickying topics so that you don't have to post them from the future. Admit me and I'll implement it for you?

Posted by: Anshu Chimala on December 7, 2009

TUBES!!!

Posted by: Alex on December 7, 2009

ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod

Posted by: Stephen Gordinier on December 7, 2009

All this waiting made me think a concrete date would make me happy... but all it has done is made me sick to my stomach DX

I love MIT, and I know it doesn't matter whether or not I get in. But, it's still important, and knowing that I'm going to learn about this decisions in 9 days is pretty scary; I know any other prefrosh will agree with me.

Glad that the tube tradition is still going strong, but that makes me all the more sad if I don't get one (but hopefully I will).

Good luck to all who applied (and those still in the process of applying), and I hope everyone is pleasantly surprised. Thank you admissions for working so hard on looking at all our applications and choosing the best of the best (but why a day later than last year?). Hope I can find a way to calm down until the 16...

Posted by: Lauren on December 7, 2009

Oh and decision.mit.edu also arranges to:

decisions tedium
demonist suicide

lol... trying to figure those out at least took my mind off decisions for a while...

Posted by: Lauren on December 7, 2009

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Good luck everyone! Hopefully I'll be seeing you guys for cpw.

Thanks Matt!

Posted by: Tim('14?) on December 7, 2009

*twitch*
I think I speak for everyone when I say admission to MIT would be a wonderful early Christmas present. :D
This isn't going to be the slowest 9 days 3 hours and 44 minutes + some seconds of my life

And on the topic of Miyazaki movies: Spirited Away is my favourite, but that may just be because it as the first Miyazaki film I saw, so I might be biased a bit.

Posted by: Howie on December 7, 2009

A loose application of Einstein's theory of special relativity:

Now that I have read this announcement, time will move at approximately half the speed it did before. UGH!

Good luck everyone!

*Time until decision made available to students: 9 Days, 3 hours, 29 minutes.

Posted by: Luiz ('14?) on December 7, 2009

nekobasu nekogasu nekobakuhatsu

Posted by: bro on December 7, 2009

you guys should definitely make a listing of obscure facts about the admits...It'd be cool.

Posted by: JF('14?) on December 7, 2009

Thanks Matt. This is great news.....and now the wait intensifies.

Posted by: Ray on December 7, 2009

I feel anxious and hopeful!

Hopefully I got in...

Posted by: sho on December 7, 2009

I tried logging into the decisions system. This is what came up:

You have successfully confirmed your ability to view your decision online, which will be available beginning at 9:00PM EST (Eastern Standard Time) on Wednesday, December 16.

Ergh! Only if the system was buggy.

Question for Matt:

Matt,
What percentage of people got in?

Posted by: Anonymous on December 7, 2009

so the long wait begins.
thanks Matt for posting smile
nervous breakdown due in 8 days
here we go

Posted by: Nate ('14?) on December 7, 2009

omg... the date's out! it's hard to wait, but at least i don't have to visit MIT website every sec to check if there are any updates.

good luck guys!

Good luck all smile

Very excited and nervous.

Posted by: Josh ('14?) on December 7, 2009

Oh my God, this is even more nerve-racking than pushing the submit button was....9 days, 2 hours, 12 minutes....

Posted by: Jennie ('14?) on December 7, 2009

This is definitely THE most important decision I will ever get in my life. I hope everything turns out well. I am so anxious!

Posted by: Arazi Pinhas on December 7, 2009

Three words to describe how I feel now: I AM SCARED

Posted by: Tim on December 7, 2009

I've read this post at least 100 times already . . .

Posted by: 0 on December 7, 2009

I'm curious as to if this is a record for fastest to 60 posts? I logged on to the site just to see if anything was there, and it said I had confirmed my ability to see my decision online... just out of curiosity, I'm doing a 45 minute lecture on leontief economic models on wednesday for my math class. We were going to have it filmed, and I was wondering if this would be something to send to MIT?

Posted by: Jamie '14? on December 7, 2009

Matt, your blogs always get tones of responses. You cam see how much we really love MIT. To all EA guys, good luck. I'm yet to submit my forms.

Posted by: D on December 7, 2009

Every time I see : "blah blah blah, cylindrically.", I freak out haha.

Posted by: Vinay H.('14) on December 7, 2009

@ Jamie '14?
My guess is that 45 minutes is too long for evaluation, but a video is probably an acceptable supplement format because I've seen others submit personal statements on video before (I'm thinking "Legally Blonde"). If it's germane and beneficial (i.e. you plan to major in economics and the lecture is awesome), then you might want to cut a few minutes of highlights and send both the condensed reel and the full source video in for consideration, but only in the event that you get deferred because the decisions will be out so soon it won't be evaluated in the early action cycle anyway and you wouldn't want to waste the time to edit the video down or be ecologically irresponsible by wasting plastic and electricity to burn it to DVD and burning unnecessary fossil fuels or inconvenience postal workers to rush-transport it to MIT. Disclaimer: this is just (un)educated guessing and in person I would have just inaudibly mumbled the last half-dozen lines really quickly. . .

Posted by: Wolfram Wilbur on December 7, 2009

Birthday present. Lovely.

Posted by: Ibrahim on December 7, 2009

I wish everyone the best of luck on December 16, 2009.

Posted by: Joseph(14'?) on December 7, 2009

Personally, my favorite Miyazaki movie was Princess Mononoke.

Anyways, good luck to everyone for EA. I wish we could all get in, but some of us will have to spend a night as a broken human gulping frappucinos continuously while mourning deference/rejection from MIT (like me XD).

I tried the creme brulee frap, and I liked it. Peppermint is still my favorite.

Catbus? But the shinkansen is even better! And more cramped! Wyverns are also fun.

Posted by: Nestor (14?) on December 7, 2009

I can honestly say this is the most nerve wracking wait in all of my 4 years in high school. Good luck, everyone, and thank you, admissions officers!

Posted by: secreus on December 7, 2009

Hope I don't get a lump of coal =]

Posted by: Jappinder on December 7, 2009

I'm glad decisions aren't coming by Nekobasu. I love cats, but that thing is creepy. :D

Thanks for telling us the release date now! Knowing it makes me a little less anxious. For me at least, less uncertainty=less stress.

Posted by: Miriam on December 7, 2009

Good Luck Everyone!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Robert Julien on December 7, 2009

Good Luck Everyone!!!!!!!!

Good Luck Everyone!!!!!!!!

I tossed a coin and made a wish!! I plan to calmly and peacefully spend the nine days leading to the ULTIMATE milestone of my LIFE!!!

Honestly the biggest stress factor right now is not MIT, is my solo for the school christmas concert tomorrow :-p

(yeah I'm just trying the hardest to take my mind off...)

Posted by: J.J on December 7, 2009

I'm really more worried now than I was before.

Posted by: Anon on December 7, 2009

I've been checking this website 10 times a day for this notification and now it's here! Ahhhh!!!!

Posted by: Alan C on December 7, 2009

... I can't stop logging into decisions.mit.edu and hoping that someone messed up and released them early.

Guess it's time to try to get into the databases with cross-site scripting (jk jk not going to XSS your website please don't reject my application)

Anyone else notice that Matt's post is 4 days in the future? Hack?

Posted by: Brent '13 on December 7, 2009

Good luck everyone...nervous time, that's for sure. I hope we all get in.

Posted by: Josh on December 8, 2009

Gosh...at this point, I'm not going to be able to study for my AP French final at all. Best of luck everyone!

Posted by: Evan ('14?) on December 8, 2009

Don't see why you guys are getting all keyed up over getting accepted/denied here. It's not even like it's the most prestigious school in Cambridge.

Posted by: Woodrow Ifihadapaddle on December 8, 2009

Reading through these worrisome comments as a junior makes the wait only +1 year longer...imagine my countdown! I really wish you guys all the best of luck.
@Woodrow paddlesomething: it's not the most prestigious school in Cambridge. It's THE most prestigious school in Cambridge.

Posted by: makesense on December 8, 2009

Oh-forgot to ask-are the tubes sent after the paper letter of acceptance or in lieu of?

@Anshu - Haha, you and I think the same wink But I am sure that MIT's systems are quite secure...

In all seriousness, this is going to be a very long ~ 9 days, but certainly well worth it to receive such a monumental decision... Good luck to everyone, I hope we all get in smile

Posted by: Gurpreet Virdi ('14?) on December 8, 2009

I heart tubes for pre-frosh!
I hope to finally procure (one)!

Posted by: Lindsay '14 Hopeful on December 8, 2009

@makesomething - I think decisions are being sent via email. I have no idea whether or not they are also sending the cardboard.

Did you know that no matter how many times you read this post, it doesn't change? It's true. I've made sure.

Posted by: Valerie on December 8, 2009

So, based on the posting date, in MIT time, today is December 11th. That means 16th is only 5 days away.

Posted by: father on December 8, 2009

@ Woodrow Ifihadapaddle,
You posted your comment at the wrong school. wink
Oh and Matt, thanks for coming back from the future to inform us about the release date. =D

Posted by: Val'14? on December 8, 2009

Oh I read this and started shaking... Good Luck everyone!!!

Posted by: 0 on December 8, 2009

Aww! This will be my first batch of prefrosh! Well, besides the 2~3 people I know who deferred a year from last year, lol. They're happily joining your class :3

Good luck everyone! Don't get overly stressed! Well, I told myself that, and I ended up tense through an entire interview with a different school on the night decisions came out last year... luckily I got in, obviously (and the Tube makes everything better!).

Posted by: NathanArce on December 8, 2009

@makesense

The paper letter of acceptance is, in fact, INSIDE the Tube raspberry Along with your epic poster, your epic confetti, and your epic other papers that you probably don't read very well until the next day ^_^"

Also, I loved the Neko bus link, Matt XD I've even ridden on EC's bus of a similar variety :3

Hey MATT! THANK YOU SO MUCH for the release of EA Decision date and time. It's been routine to check your blog twice a day (which's my homepage since 01/11). Now: 9 days and 8 nights to go...definitely.

OMG, feel more anxious, though. It's like an adventure--so much eager to feel the magic treasurable tube and get overwhelmed...

Posted by: wu529 on December 8, 2009

I really hope the website doesn't crash like Georgia Tech's did.

That was seriously frustrating.

Posted by: Evan on December 8, 2009

yay! they finally received my Nov Subject test scores, i was seriously getting scared for a while there. this could be a belated Birthday Present for me:) as mine is December 14th. I'm just thankful it isn't on the same day!

Posted by: Snad on December 8, 2009

Who cares if it's prestigious? MIT has awesome opportunities supersaturated with an incredible culture. If prestige is all you're looking for, I'd suggest that you take a long look at the Ivies.

Anyways: 8 days, 9 hours, and 42 minutes!

Posted by: VAL ('14?) on December 8, 2009

8 Days, 9 hours, 42 minutes till decisions.
or alternatively 201 hours; or 12101 minutes, or 726095 seconds!

Posted by: 0 on December 8, 2009

8 days, 7 hours, 44 minutes, and 36 seconds!!!!!!

Posted by: Countdown Clown on December 8, 2009

@Val '14? - I guess that means President Obama gave a recent speech at the wrong school. wink

Posted by: 0 on December 8, 2009

8 days 6 hours 1 mins and 42 seconds!

Posted by: Su ('14?) on December 8, 2009

Thank you for letting us know the date that decisions will be released! Good luck to all of the other '14 hopefuls!

Posted by: Brittany ('14?) on December 8, 2009

"MIT plans"...hmmm. Might MIT release them earlier than that? Here's hoping...

Posted by: Hopeful on December 8, 2009

I do believe I like the way "hopeful" thinks...

Posted by: Haha on December 8, 2009

good luck to all other fellow EAers out there.

Posted by: Rahul on December 8, 2009

@Snad

My birthday is December 14th too!!!!! w00t! 8 days 4 hrs 24 min

Posted by: Colclasure '14 on December 8, 2009

Don't worry too much and best of luck to all!

Posted by: Shadman'13 on December 8, 2009

Last year's date was the 15th. Our candidate kept as busy as possible with life's demands. The news was not entirely favorable that evening, as she was waitlisted. She spent hours researching schools all Summer and Fall, and earnestly applied to more than a dozen,(although MIT had been her longstanding goal). In addition to numerous college applications, she put together a packet for MIT (once waitlisted) with additional letters of recommendation, a complete list of her activites, and spent two days(not nights)on her own on campus..just absorbing MIT life, and meeting with people she had set up appointments with). She wrote of her personal experiences while on campus, and added that to the packet. News on Pi Day was thrilling, she is now a very busy, very happy freshman at MIT, but having acceptance letters from many other fine schools, including a full scholarship to one school has its own reward. Please know that wherever you go you will be a tremendous success, enjoy your senior year, and keep your options open....I wish you well wherever your path may lead. Our hearts are with you.

Posted by: Just a Mom on December 8, 2009

That's my birthday! Hope it's a good omen.

Posted by: Sheila Smith on December 8, 2009

Just A Mom, So she was deferred, you mean. No waitlisting in EA, only on Regular Decision

Posted by: 0 on December 8, 2009

OHH D.
Yo, I'm mad sus/nervus, man.

Posted by: 0 on December 8, 2009

awww... I wanted my decision by nekobasu...

Posted by: darkangel on December 8, 2009

What if I don't have those cylindrical air tube things in my house for the mail? Do I fail?

Posted by: Lucas on December 8, 2009

Oooh epic... Time's gonna fly by now... *marks Dec 16 on teh calendar* lol

Posted by: El Puertorro ('14 hopeful) on December 8, 2009

I am super exciteddd!!
Good luck Everyone!

Posted by: Alejandra Arango on December 8, 2009

Thanks for the info. Good luck guys

Posted by: Jack('14?) on December 9, 2009

Hey people...... i am in class 11... i aspire to join MIT.. btw i m from india... so ..yea.. please let me know what i should do to increase my chances of being admitted into MIT.... btw.. my avg marks abt 87-92%....so..please gimme some tips

Posted by: Venkat on December 9, 2009

So I'm not the only one with the birthday of December 16. Birthday presents ftw!

Posted by: Ibrahim on December 9, 2009

Ack. I pretty much know that I'll get deferred, because I'm definitely sufficient enough academically, but I'm nothing particularly outstanding. Of course that doesn't stop me from hoping for admission or fearing rejection. D:

Posted by: Valerie on December 9, 2009

"Think about how you answered question 11a on our application (“what do you do purely for fun?”). Try to fill your days with that, and decisions will be here before you know it."

Funny they should say that, I wrote about my love for theater... It's Hell Week...

I've pretty much stopped worrying about my MIT Application at this point, I don't think I could have made it much better and I can't do anything about it at this point.

Plus it's kind of hard to worry when you're getting home at 11. Well good luck all. I wish everyone the best. May we all find the perfect place to spend the next four years of our life, whether or not it be at MIT.

Posted by: Louis ('14?) on December 9, 2009

@ Valerie,
I'm thinking pretty much the same here. >@ Valerie,
I'm thinking pretty much the same here. ><

Posted by: Val'14? on December 9, 2009

I wrote about a knitting activity, and I have been knitting a lot the past few days. smile

Posted by: VAL ('14?) on December 9, 2009

Good luck to all you potential '14s =)

Posted by: Vivian '12 on December 9, 2009

good luck to everyone. next year, i wish i get in!!

Posted by: Dimitris on December 9, 2009

So scared... :(

Posted by: KJ on December 9, 2009

our dreams will come true! smile

Posted by: nmk('14) on December 9, 2009

Wait...no carrier pidgeon?

Uhhhh...crap. I already sent Jeremy a few days ago to recieve my admission on time. Could you send him back for me please? Just use my email address, he knows how to get there.

Posted by: Tim on December 9, 2009

Tim, you are too funny.

Posted by: Matt '13 on December 9, 2009

My son is a freshman in HS and is interested in going to MIT when he graduates. He's very interested in computers and is on his school's robotics team.
The H.S. just changed to block scheduling and all AP classes are 2 semesters. All other classes are 1 semester. There's only 4 classes per semester which includes Gym and English which you take all 4 years. He will not be able to take all the AP classes he will potentially qualify for because of the limited schedule. Any suggestions for what to skip and what to take? He's considering giving up AP History 1 and 2 for which he qualifies for the possibility of fitting in AP Computer Science which he would take Jr. year. He won't even know if he qulifies till he takes Java next year (sophmore). He doesn't want to make the wrong decisions when picking his classes. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Posted by: Valart on December 9, 2009

@Valart,
MIT will take into account if your school has a limited schedule. He should just take what he enjoys (I would do Robotics and programming), but still challenge himself with APs in other classes. Also, look into the possibility of classes before school or online classes.

Posted by: Tyler '14 on December 9, 2009

Ahhhh ... how can I possibly wait so long?? I've become quite consumed with the thought of MIT ... wishing everyone the best of luck! smile

Posted by: Jenna('14?) on December 9, 2009

Ahhhhh! Im so nervous for decisions! Good Luck all '14ers! smile

Posted by: Tony on December 9, 2009

@Valart

What do you mean by "qualifies" for AP Comp Sci...? If it's some academic basis, then I should hope he has 100% confidence in qualifying for it, or he wouldn't even want to apply here ^_^"

Posted by: NathanArce on December 9, 2009

@Valart
My school uses the block schedule, and it seems to work very well. I wasn't able to take all the AP classes my school offered, but I was still able to take eleven or so. I would suggest that he takes whichever subjects he wants to take the most and has the most enthusiasm for. I have always learned more (and consequently done better) in classes that I'm genuinely excited about. I almost think block scheduling is an advantage, as it is a more accurate preview of what college courses are going to be like. As for me, I took AP Compsci and loved it, along with AP Chem and AP US History. Those were probably my favorites. AP English IV is my least favorite, and if I did high school over again, I would take either AP English III or IV and not both because of the stress involved in reading a 500-or-so page book a week, and plus, most colleges only take one AP English exam for credit. So I guess my advice is, he should take whichever classes appeal to him the most.

Posted by: secreus on December 9, 2009

So does anyone else have a countdown widget on their desktop? Rolling on just about a week now =0

Posted by: Ethan on December 9, 2009

I was so freaked about this that I called my sister on Monday from England to have her see if the date was up yet. I just hope I get deferred, at the very least.

Posted by: Camille ('14?) on December 9, 2009

Good luck everybody!!!!!
God Bless!!
Meet you in Cambridge, hopefully. smile

Posted by: STuang ('14 hopeful) on December 9, 2009

@Ethan: I have a countdown as my homepage. smile

Thanks for the imput Tyler'14,NathanArce and secreus. It's very helpful.
As for AP Computer Science they don't allow a student to take it unless they take JAVA first and the final grade for JAVA is in. They don't allow you to take JAVA till 10th grade even though he more than met the qualifications by 8th grade. I feel the system is slowing him down but those are the rules. We have a local community college that offers JAVA and C++. I thought he could get a head start by taking it there, but you have to be a HS Jr. or Sr. as per thier rules. By that time he may as well take it in college. Perhaps there is a way around the system. Perhaps it hasn't come up at his HS school before since very few kids (4-5 a year) qualify for AP JAVA and they are usually seniors by then.

Posted by: 0 on December 9, 2009

I have my UCSD multivar. final this Friday so at this point I'm trying to study for that but for some reason I'm back at the mit admissions page reading the comments LOL. I need to STOP thinking about decisions at least until 6pm Friday. Does anyone else have finals coming up within the next week?

Posted by: Su ('14?) on December 9, 2009

YAY!! for everyone else hoping for some good ol' birthday presents!
and for my 11a essay i think I answered something consisting of going off roading in my Jeep, and lifting and such. and working out seems to relieve this stress with counting every second until 9pm Dec 16th lol. 604305!

Posted by: Snad on December 9, 2009

As for AP Computer Science they don't allow a student to take it unless they take JAVA first and the final grade for JAVA is in. They don't allow you to take JAVA till 10th grade even though he more than met the qualifications by 8th grade. I feel the system is slowing him down but those are the rules. We have a local community college that offers JAVA and C++. I thought he could get a head start by taking it there, but you have to be a HS Jr. or Sr. as per thier rules. By that time he may as well take it in college. Perhaps there is a way around the system. Perhaps it hasn't come up at his HS school before since very few kids (4-5 a year) qualify for AP JAVA and they are usually seniors by then

Posted by: Valart on December 9, 2009

What kind of school has prerequisites for a course that starts from scratch...

Posted by: Anon on December 9, 2009

I have already convinced myself that I am going to get deferred but that hasn't stopped me from freaking out every time I think about Wednesday!

@Valart, I was able to take *both* of the AP classes at my school, your son should consider himself lucky, lol. (my school also doesn't have a robotics club or any computer science classes)

@Ethan, I have a countdown on my iPhone's Lock Screen, so being an iPhone addict, I check it more than 50 times a day.

@Su, Complex Variables, Discrete Math, Classical Physics and Princ. of Microeconomics finals next week at St Cloud State! I will probably study for at least 3.

Posted by: Justin on December 9, 2009

I wish my decision would come by Nekobasu. The only thing better would be if it was like the Harry Potter train and I got to ride the Nekobasu to MIT if I got in. smile

Posted by: Anon on December 9, 2009

Wait... Mr. Future Matt McGann, does this mean that - at some point in time - receiving the letter by nekobasu was actually an option?! EPIC.

I can't believe it's still just Thursday... The wait feels so long!

Good luck to everyone!! I hope to see you next year in Cambridge. smile

Posted by: Natalia ('14?) on December 10, 2009

@Anon, Algebra 1 with 75 or higher is the prereq. for JAVA which is prereq for AP Computer Science. Usually freshman take Algebra 1, but he took it in 8th grade with score in high 90s. Technically he should be able to take JAVA now as a freshman but the Comp Sci teacher said she prefers he finish Honors Geometry because the more math the more likely he will be able to understand JAVA. Since I am neither a computer or math person I took her word for it. Perhaps some of you computer program students can shed some light on this.
@ Justin, I hear MIT considers the limited AP classes offered at some schools and if you took advantage of what was offered. Are you taking all those college classes while you are still in HS? If so AP seems like a non issue.
I wish all of you well.

Posted by: Valart on December 10, 2009

(I'm a different Justin) Consider yourselves lucky, students in Malaysia don't get a chance to take college-level courses. What we do is to take the exams independently and do our best. I'd suggest that your son take everything that he's interested in, and don't worry about the quantity. I don't think that there are any 'wrong decisions', just decisions where he didn't pick those he really liked. He makes the choices.

Posted by: Justin on December 10, 2009

Dang, everybody already made the jokes about the carrier pigeon/nekobasu.

I guess this is what happens when you're late to the party.

Posted by: M. Kabir on December 10, 2009

@Valart - I took AP JAVA/Computer Science A myself, and to be honest, while it helps to have a strong mathematical background, I don't think it should be a prerequisite so long as you have some programming experience. In my school, it's generally a prerequisite to have taken a Visual Basic course (which is basically a crash course in basic programming - and I mean *basic*). So, as long as you have _some_ previous programming experience, I think it's possible to take AP JAVA and do well.

Posted by: Gurpreet Virdi ('14?) on December 10, 2009

@Valart: I agree with Gurpreet. I took AP CompSci in 9th grade, and while I had taken geometry by that point, I'm fairly confident I never used it in programming. A few labs we did may have been slightly easier with geometry (and trigonometry) but nothing you can't work around. Programming itself has practically nothing to do with geometry.
Now, if either of us are admitted, you can tell the teacher you heard so from potential MIT students :p

Also, 6, 10, 39, at the time of this post.

Posted by: 0 on December 10, 2009

One of the sections of the MIT application form requires us to fill in the courses we have taken. I'm a little confused about what to fill in. Should I give the subjects I have taken in my A-levels? Or should i write about all the subjects I have ever take right from my O-levels? The initial number of spaces to fill is only 3; that's probably what is confusing me the most.

Posted by: D on December 10, 2009

I don't know what you mean by A or O levels. But i think it is asking for all the classes you have taken in High School. Not sure if that helps or not.

Posted by: Snad on December 10, 2009

@ Valart -
You may want to consider having your son take online classes through Northwestern University's Center for Talent Development. They offer AP classes online that your son can do on his own time and he may be able to receive credit through his school. My student took several of these classes and was happy with them. They are mostly self taught, so your son should consider that if he is deciding which class or classes to take.
The link is:
http://www.ctd.northwestern.edu/gll/courses/honors-ap/courses-ap/

Posted by: parent '12 on December 10, 2009

@Snad - A-levels and O-levels are academic qualifications originating in the UK; I suppose you could consider them similar to AP.

Perhaps fill in the subjects starting from your A-levels and working backwards? That way your most rigorous will be displayed.

Posted by: Alex on December 10, 2009

okay, i guess that makes sense. and yes i would definitely post your more difficult classes first, and work back. although i believe i had room to list all my classes from all 4 years of school. i don't remember though

Posted by: Snad on December 10, 2009

Anyone else going through the statistics of acceptance rates into MIT and hoping they're part of the 11% (about) admitted? I hate all this waiting. It really ups the anxiety and distracts me from my homework DX

Posted by: 0 on December 10, 2009

Apparently December 16th is a new moon... I guess that isn't as telling as a full moon - but it's interesting >.Apparently December 16th is a new moon... I guess that isn't as telling as a full moon - but it's interesting >.< haha

Posted by: 0 on December 10, 2009

If not Nekobasu, what about Kiki's delivery service?

Posted by: Kristina on December 11, 2009

I doubt Kiki's broom would be able to carry all those tubes

Posted by: Class of 2010 on December 11, 2009

Good luck everyone!!!!!
this is the most nervous/excited/hopeful I've ever been waiting for something! just glad there's a date set so now instead of checking the mail box and my email about every 10 minutes its this blog post!
AHhh! anyway, best wishes! only 5 days, 20 hours, 48 minutes and 30 seconds until go time!

still praying ill get in...

Posted by: pleaseeeee (14???) on December 11, 2009

@ Anonymous

A Smart Applicant could go and figure out that P(Union of A and B) = P(A) + P(B) - P(Intersection of A and B), and therefore realize that your minimum statistical odds of getting in (Assuming the greatest possible intersect) is the admit rate of the group you belong to with the greatest admit rate

A Smarter Applicant can do all that and then realize that it all means nothing

As tempting as it is to stress over statistics, it really doesn't help a lot.

So here's to the 20 hour days that make up hell week and the hope of forgetting all this for another 5 days. Good Luck everyone.

Posted by: Louis ('14?) on December 11, 2009

@ Louis '14,
I actually asked my stats teacher if that would be a statistically sound approximation of my chances of getting in, then realized I didn't know P(Intersection A and B) lol oh well.

Posted by: 0 on December 11, 2009

just saying...apparently applications were up 15% this year.

Posted by: Anonymus on December 11, 2009

@D: Hey, I'm under the O Level and A Level system as well. With 10 O Level Subjects and 4 A Level subjects, I was worried how I'd fit all of them in, but there's button below the boxes that you can click and add more, upto 12 I think. Even then that wasn't enough.

Then, Matt answered a question from an EA applicant by the name of Emily:

Emily asked: "When you have to list your APs, A-levels and O-levels/GCSEs would it give the wrong impression if I listed only a few of my GCSEs? There isn't enough space to put all of the high school qualifications that I have and I was wondering whether listing a few GCSEs would cause admissions to think that I had only done those. I took all of my GCSEs at the same time so choosing the most recent ones is not an option. Would it be simpler to just list my A-levels and let the transcript cover my GCSEs?"

Matt '00 replies: I know that there aren't enough lines for all A-levels and O-levels. My recommendation is to combine onto one line multiple O-level results. Maybe something like this:

Maths, Economics, Drama A*, A*, A
Latin, Geography, History A, A, B

That pretty much solved it for me.

Posted by: Southpaw (?14) on December 11, 2009

And the countdown at this moment is 4 days 7 hours 6 minutes and 12 seconds.

I'm using WolframAlpha for the countdown. What about you guys? Personally coded app?

@Southpaw... Are you from the future too? I still have to wait 5 Days, 5 Hours, 1 minute, and 4 seconds.

Posted by: Justin on December 11, 2009

@Southpaw: I'm using a "personally coded app" of sorts. Ok, it's a makeshift calendar I drew in a corner of my whiteboard. But I could make an app if I wanted to.

In fact, my whiteboard consists of the following: Solution to geometry problem from USAMO 2008 (using inversion, how cool am I?), sketches for two iPhone apps I'm working on, a calendar of the month of December, the time dilation formula from special relativity, and my sister's detailed drawing of the Great Dome.

If that doesn't get me into MIT, I don't know what will.

Posted by: Anshu Chimala on December 11, 2009

Did e mails go out to all EA applicants yesterday? If so, is there any implication to not having received one?

Posted by: pete on December 11, 2009

Cha cha told me I would get in... smile

Posted by: Lindsay '14 Hopeful on December 11, 2009

Hey, I was accepted Early Action last year, and deferred a year, so I'll be in you guys' class. Look forward to meeting you! Good luck and stay calm (I know that's impossible raspberry).

Posted by: Dorian '14 on December 11, 2009

I'm so nervous!

Posted by: Anonymous on December 11, 2009

>I was accepted Early Action last year, and deferred a year

What? They can do that? What?

Unrelated: The reCaptcha for me was "I'm boxed" which is funny because when I typed it into the textbox the words "I'm boxed" were boxed.

@Anshu - Anybody who is accepted can choose to defer enrollment for a year, as long as they don't enroll at another school. Dorian made that decision, not MIT.

Posted by: Alex on December 11, 2009

@southpaw, i think your countdown is off by a day lmao, i got 5 Days, 2 hours, and 40 min lol. and i'm keeping track in my head, so idk how to code haha

Posted by: Snad on December 11, 2009

@Southpaw: I tried to program my calculator to do countdowns, but I haven't figured it out yet, mostly because I had to stop trying and study for finals. It's a good distraction while waiting for decisions.

Posted by: Miriam on December 11, 2009

I should be studying for finals, but clearly am distracted right now.

Good luck to all!

Posted by: AA '13 on December 11, 2009

aklsdfjasmndofiajsdfoaisdjfioasdjf.

Anxiety. So much of it. Good luck to everyone.

Posted by: Tanay on December 11, 2009

5 more days and 15 minutes awaits

Posted by: Justin H. ('14, hopefully) on December 11, 2009

Look at the name, dudes. =) Good luck again for everyone applying EA. Don't forget that a rejection doesn't mean your life is over or that 2012 is true, explore other options. You'll end up somewhere you like.

Posted by: Justin L. ('19, hopefully) on December 11, 2009

@Alex: Thanks, I didn't know that. I don't think I'd take a year off before college anyway, but nice to know there's an option

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Posted by: nmk('14) on December 11, 2009

Oops,my bad. I entered the time and date, but WolframAlpha assumed it was Bangladesh (where I am right now), instead of EST, and in my excitement, I didn't wonder why on Saturday night would it be just 4 days away, when I'm supposed to get the decisions on Thursday morning my time.

Posted by: Southpaw '14? on December 12, 2009

@ Anonymous

Haha I thought about that, but you can figure out a minimum chance by assuming that A Intersect B is as large as possible (The larger of the two sets) and then feel a little better when you realize that it only goes up from there

Posted by: Louis ('14?) on December 12, 2009

@Anonymus
15% up?! are you serious....? is that why MIT is releasing the announcement much later than others? (dartmouth, cornell, stanford, upenn, duke are already out!) gosh... i'm soooooooo freaked out.

Posted by: Clara '14 Hopeful on December 12, 2009

@Clara: I really don't think it makes much sense to freak out about the numbers now. Admissions into MIT is determined by so much more than random chance that I've stopped trying to figure out how competitive it is.

Let's all just relax okay. Nerves are strained already as they are. We don't need to start worrying about how applications jumped 15% to make it worse. Last thing I want to do is start thinking in the middle of an exam is what the numbers mean for my chances. It happens a lot actually.

GOOD LUCK to all early applicants!
I am a regular applicant cos i am an international....
good luck to Tyler,Tammi and Audrey specifically cos they are my friends smile

Posted by: navin on December 12, 2009

Just wondering: Am I the only potential '14er to have never used a programmable calculator for math? Because I'm still using Casio's good old FX-115 ES scientific.

Posted by: 0 on December 12, 2009

That Anonymous above is me incidentally. Posted that way by accident.

@Southpaw
Is it true that the number of applicants increased 15% though?

good luck to everyone!!!!

Posted by: rajiv on December 12, 2009

@ Southpaw
I agree with you 100%. We need to stop freaking out because what's done is done and it won't change.

DX But that still doesn't make it any easier

P.S. Ominous or just coincidence? The recapcha was "delay these" O_o

Posted by: Lauren on December 12, 2009

@Clara: As far as I can see on the interwebs, there's no confirmed figure. But even if that number is true, I wouldn't be surprised. Applications jumped 17% last year overall. At the end of the day, we have to wait for official MIT figures to know for sure, and by the time they come out, well we'll know our decisions won't we?

Right now, just stop and breathe. Everything will be okay. smile

What happens will happen, for better or worse. If you're meant to be at MIT, then you will be accepted. Nothing to change now. You've done you rbest and as long as you are proud and happy of it, then nothing else should matter. It's only a few days away but just look forward to it without any expectations.

That way, you can accept your decision with a smile. Cry, if you must, if you didn't immediately get in. But smile that the wait is over. Then you have another few months where you can rethink things.

Just go with the flow. smile No use to stress and psyche yourself out when it would just be better (mentally and probably physically too) not to. Good luck to all the hopefuls! smile

Posted by: Anna on December 12, 2009

@Last Anonymous
Nope, I haven't either.

Posted by: 0 on December 12, 2009

4 more days people! btw, anybody considering on trying out for varsity teams if they get amitted? I wanna tryout soccer XD

Posted by: El Puertorro ('14 hopeful) on December 12, 2009

Well it's good to know at least someone else may be getting in with me who hasn't mastered the TI-89.

@Lauren: We'll have to know your decisions. It is of utmost urgency to discover whether the recaptcha has the ability to divine admissions decisions. Most urgent indeed.

Posted by: Southpaw (?14) on December 12, 2009

And by my count, it's a little under 4 days and 7 hours left. I wish I could take myself to the future, even it's just 4 days. What am I doing here at 2 in the night anyways?

@Southpaw
Yes, it is most urgent. Maybe if the recaptcha reads "future now" I'll go to the decisions website and see if mine were posted by accident :O lol If recaptcha can divine admissions decisions, that's just scary.

Posted by: Lauren on December 12, 2009

@ El Puertorro, I am definitely going to try out for swimming! I am so excited. I hope we all get in!

Posted by: Marissa ('14?) on December 12, 2009

So, I made a fake admissions page that redirects to a real MIT acceptance letter, with the name and dates changed.

Yes, I'm obsessed. I'd post the URL here but I don't want a random copyright lawsuit to kill my chances of getting in 4 days before the decisions come out.

Posted by: Anshu Chimala on December 12, 2009

Hey guys!

Good luck! I know this is a terrifying and anxious time, but really there are far more important things to concern yourself with than the letter on Wednesday. Let that wait until Wednesday, get out there and enjoy life! And no worries to you guys who get deferred, it's not the end of the world. Turned out ok for me!

Posted by: Chris M. on December 12, 2009

I am posting ONLY cuz I see other moms have posted--so my son can't acuse me of nerdifying the posts ("PEARLS BEFORE SWINE" comic on October 4, 2009) since moms always have to stand behind the "uncool fence" cuz they (like pig) know they are not cool:)

Anyway, I've been wondering which school will be "best" for my son--where will he be happy so that he does not get too homesick...should he stay nearby (some great schools here in the midwest) or should he go 1000 miles away? Now I can relax and know that the Nekobasu can bring him home anytime if he gets accepted and goes to MIT!

Posted by: Wendie (mom) on December 12, 2009

@El Puertorro
I'll definitely try out for at least intramural soccer, maybe varsity. I'd like to get into volleyball too, since it wasn't offered for men at my school. Maybe football, depending on how big other Division III athletes are smile
P.S. ReCatcha says "waisted of"...ominous

Posted by: Tyler '14 on December 12, 2009

My CAPTCHA says Detroit regroups.

... I live in Detroit.

Looks like I'm deferred, guys. raspberry

Posted by: VAL ('14?) on December 12, 2009

My captcha says "Hey Anshu you got into MIT, congratulations!"

My name is Anshu.

wat.

(it actually says "and summing" which is funny because I was just doing this proof of this thing involving Bézout's lemma where I was summing some things not trying to show off or anything but yknow Bézout's lemma right? right?) I have had so much coffee today

anyone thinking of joining the crew team if you were to get accepted? i think it's an interesting sport

Posted by: anonymous on December 12, 2009

Not crew team, but I find that Kendo is an interesting intramural sport.

Whacking people with bokken in armor. Whack, whack, whack.

Then I get my bones broken. :/

Yay, my reCAPTCHA says "Chickpea play's"

Posted by: Nestor ('14?) on December 12, 2009

any MITES 09 alumni peeping in this post XD ??

@Southpaw, Alex and Snad
Thanks a lot for the info guys. Good luck on the 16th.

Posted by: D on December 12, 2009

I heard that there's an archery team at MIT and I'm definitely going to try my hand at that (not saying much about my aim though...)

Posted by: Up north on December 12, 2009

I would LOVE to join the crew team if I get in. It's such an interesting sport.

@ El Puertorro

I'm not a mites alum, but I was at MIT last summer at the same time for WTP. smile

I think it's really scary already knowing that we've been there, but might not get to go back. But I want to get in so badly. I miss it there. :(

P. S. My recaptcha reads "I'd submerge." Does this mean that I should go into hiding because I'm not getting in?!

Posted by: Sara ('14?) on December 12, 2009

Another Mom here. Going through the same feelings as the other Moms who have posted here, just want what is best for my daughter. There are great schools in the country, but it is MIT which holds my daughter's heart. I know she is waiting for the decision this Wednesday and I am praying for the best.

Posted by: Another Mom on December 12, 2009

Gaah, just 3 days and 22 hours... I decided to read a flurry of books to pass the time. I just finished Running with Scissors; after that, reading the future in recaptchas seems like the logical thing to do.

That being said, mine is "with Malcolm." I'm at a loss as to how to interpret this.

Posted by: Natalia ('14?) on December 12, 2009

Just a quick comment on varsity sports.

If you are interested in playing a fall varsity sport, contact the coach. Varsity fall sports have pre-seasons before orientation starts. This is when most try-outs are held. The perks include: food, time to get adjusted, and moving in early smile

Posted by: Lucky '13 on December 12, 2009

Mine captcha says "beats HMS"
Good luck everyone!!

Posted by: Anon on December 12, 2009

anshu, you sound like a smart guy, but i hope you find some humility and grow up a little before you come here. no one likes a self-important loudmouth who spends more time tooting his own horn than actually doing anything cool.

don't worry, if you come here the wind will be knocked out of your froshy sails right quick. keep your passion for learning and the things you do, but know that mit is a place for people who care more about stretching their minds than they do about sounding cleverer than their friends.

-- an mit junior

Posted by: mit '11 on December 13, 2009

I'm guessing deferred.
And am I the only one here who hasn't taken AP comp sci? I'm scared.
And since everyone else is talking about this, my recaptcha says "Total molten", which cannot be interpreted as encouraging.

Posted by: Doug on December 13, 2009

@ Doug

I've never taken AP Comp Sci...

My school doesn't even offer that course.

Posted by: Colton ('14?) on December 13, 2009

I haven't taken AP comp sci. It isn't even offered at my school. My calculator is the only thing I know how to program, and I don't do it very well.

My recaptcha says "The knack." That sounds like a good thing, I guess. At least I hope it is.

Posted by: Miriam on December 13, 2009

never taken AP Comp Sci... or AP anything else except Calc BC... school doesn't offer them

Most likely will be deferred. Good luck to everyone!

And by the way, my recaptcha is "Duffy godhood"... no idea what to make of that

Posted by: Trevor on December 13, 2009

My Captcha says "cheerier River". Not sure how to interpret that decisions-wise, but maybe Firefly will get a reboot? So even if I don't get in, still some good news, right?

Posted by: Faith on December 13, 2009

Ahahaha, mine on that last post was "school amputate" ... that *certainly* sounds foreboding...

"day melted." Clearly the remaining days until the 16th will melt away very quickly!

Posted by: Alex on December 13, 2009

"massive 50-year-old"
The all-knowing recapthca has spoken.

Posted by: Valerie on December 13, 2009

"Hellman Napoleon"

This can't be good... " smile

Posted by: Lindsay '14 Hopeful on December 13, 2009

@ mit '11
I think Anshu was just trying to be funny. I know I laughed. Best wishes to all!
btw: 181 burritos. I love the recaptcha game!

Posted by: 0 on December 13, 2009

never taken AP anything, school doesnt offer them, but I've taken Calc I&II; at the local comm. coll. to make up for it....ooh yeah, "jawing hya"...is this a reference to my jaw dropping in amazement wednesday, im wishing haha

Posted by: JF('14?) on December 13, 2009

@mit junior: What? I'm almost certain I'll be deferred. I certainly don't think I'm smarter than any of you guys. As evidenced by the "I've had so much coffee today" and the lack of good punctuation, I was trying to convey my anxiety for the decision more than anything :/

And my recaptcha is "hours excedrin," clearly addressing the hours of migraines I'll be dealing with after I'm deferred. (Or the migraines I'll get from screaming my head off?)

Posted by: Anshu Chimala on December 13, 2009

Good luck everyone! I'm getting nervous just reading the comments, and I'm not even applying until next year>Good luck everyone! I'm getting nervous just reading the comments, and I'm not even applying until next year><. I plan on applying EA to MIT next year, and I'm pretty sure I would be freaking out this time next yearXD.

Also, from reading the comments, it seems that it's important to take AP Comp Sci. Is it? My school offers it, but I can't fit it into my schedule and it's not part of my major. I have taken other AP's though...

Posted by: Jenny Lu ('15 Hopeful) on December 13, 2009

@Sara
OMG!!! Sara-with-no-H!!! Remember me from WTP? Have you called JUPITER lately?

Posted by: Lauren on December 13, 2009

I haven't taken AP comp sci either (my school doesn't offer it) BUT I really want to take comp sci when I get to college.
3 days 17 hours 50 mins 48 seconds
my recaptcha says "decline Manhattan"
it has the word "decline" in it which worries me :(

Posted by: Su ('14?) on December 13, 2009

@Jenny Lu: No one's sure really whether or not AP Comp Sci is really necessary. For one thing, MIT has always maintained that a single course will make or break you. In fact the mom who raised the subject mentioned her son wanted to take it because he really likes Comp sci. So if you like Comp Sci, and you think you can handle it in AP, then I don't see why you shouldn't take it. Of course, my advice doesn't really count for much at this moment, I'm not an MIT student or blogger or anything.

But the one thing MIT has always asked prospective students to do, is to study what they like the most, and that's the only thing I kept when I chose my courses.

I like how the recaptcha thing is going. I got
'unique re', what does that mean? Unique reply? Anyways, it doesn't really matter. It would be an extremely alarming series of coincidences if the recaptcha could predict decisions.

Posted by: Southpaw (?14) on December 13, 2009

3 days 12 hours 30 minutes ... can time move any slower?

@Colton: Wait until the day before the decisions. Somehow I get the feeling, it'll feel as if even the seconds are too long. Or maybe not. It might turn out to be completely the other way around.

Posted by: Southpaw '14? on December 13, 2009

I had a dream last night where decisioons were posted for a sec today. I got deferred and got my application back covered in red ink telling me that I should rewrite my essays. Ahhhh! It's starting to invade my subconcious.

Good luck everyone. smile If you don't get in, think of it as a good learning experience and write about it for your grad school essays. Srsly, lots of other great places to be. Not going to MIT won't kill you.

My captcha says $17-million; futility...ominous

Posted by: Jennifer on December 13, 2009

I think we're spending way too much time here. In fact I imagine it may even be the first thing in the morning for a lot of us. Oh well, can't resist.

I do have an idea though. Does anyone what the record is for the highest number of comments on a blog post? If you do, maybe we could all go around trying to break it while we wait. There're 3 days left, and I'm sure there'll be random moments when we won't be busy and we just might the most prolific group of EA decision awaiting comment making people ever.

So, is this a good idea, or a bad one?

Haha, but then the RA people would try to pwn us, killing their productivity and on and on and on. Limit as time goes to infinity, amount of time each applicant spends on this board approaches time between blog post and decision day (or 30 days if they're really that crazy)

Jacobs desks

So, I guess admissions have been sent out for a certain school in Pasadena. I didn't apply there, but I'm sure there's got to be some overlap with their application pools (and with their acceptance pools?), so the acceptances there could be a good predictors of those here.

I know that at least four people from San Diego got accepted there, so I am feeling pretty good about my MIT chances right now.

Posted by: The Ox '14? on December 13, 2009

I love how everyone is stressing over the decision, and here I am projecting my anticipation onto an eBay auction for some $1 pocket watches.

Posted by: Dustin on December 13, 2009

@Jennifer : I guess you're right. The RA people could beat us out easily, and perhaps more importantly, there's no way to find out what the record is for the most comments ever, so we really have no target to beat. I guess we keep doing whatever we do.

Recaptcha: poetess levitt's

I kind of wish the weekend were over (for once), because I have so much to do and time will go by faster in school. Can't believe I just said that time will go by faster in school, hahaha. XD

Anyway, considering I have so much to do, I should probably stop compulsively thinking about MIT. Good luck to all of my fellow applicants! I'm off to make a grocery shopping list and take notes on Enlightenment literature.

Posted by: Janet on December 13, 2009

@Southpaw, haha well I'll be at work so at least I'll be occupied... It may help the tine pass and what not.

"mem- loophole"

this recaptcha thing is scary: "Bork quandary" bork = deny confirmation, quandary = indecision

Posted by: El Puertorro ('14 hopeful) on December 13, 2009

I too have a lot of work I should be doing, but every time I go to do it I feel compelled to come back and refresh this page. I'm already ridiculously nervous for Wednesday and I still have slightly less than 3.5 days to go. Blerghh... I feel the sleep depravation settling in, hopefully I'm too tired to stay awake tonight like I ended up doing all last night googling what an MIT acceptance/deferral/rejection screen looks like (yeah, I'm that lame)... anyway, I *should* probably go back to taking notes on Macbeth - but I can't see that lasting for more than 5 minutes or so.

"ciphered $2,993,291,000"

Just curious, did anyone here apply to Caltech Early Action too?

Posted by: George ('14?) on December 13, 2009

Hi everyone. I am so glad I was just on vacation for a week and was distracted. Now I only have three days to wait (plus enough physics homework to take my mind off of things for a month).

I know some people have mentioned these things before, but just want to put out there that I'm in the same boat with 1) I only know how to program my calculator, and not well (well, there was that one time last summer when I tried to teach myself C++ with a book....I got as far as the "Hello World!"). 2) My school only has four AP classes, French, Spanish, Calculus AB, and European History. I have taken Calc and Spanish, can't take French, and never, ever, ever would take AP Euro. So if that's the only thing stopping me from MIT, so be it. You couldn't pay me $1,000,000 to take AP Euro at my school.

I'm nervous, and sad, and happy, and everything all at once. I have done all I can. I just hope MIT sees that. My school doesn't have much in terms of AP or computer things, and they didn't fit in my schedule. I don't know if they'll take that as "Well, she didn't even take these courses," (negatively) or "She took all the courses she could have, it's not her fault they didn't have more," (positively).

"that fenner"

Posted by: Alexandra ('14?) on December 13, 2009

A Wednesday hmmm. Well isn't this exciting? I'm glad the decisions are released before Christmas because if I get rejected I'll have a nice vacation to cheer me up! And if I'm accepted it'd be the best holiday ever. I'm not sure what I'd do if I was deferred though.

Posted by: Emily on December 13, 2009

@ Emily: plan a Spring Break vacation and use the process XD ...

I just discovered a new law of Physics I believe. The limit of anxiety as time approaches December 16, 9:00 PM from the left is infinity, so therefore, anxiety can be made arbitrarily large just by making time close enough, but not equal to the release of Early Action decisions. I'm sure many of you will agree.

Posted by: Louis (14?) on December 13, 2009

I still have some work to do on my application but I spend way too much time here. I'm an international applicant who could not apply EA. Can't believe you guys will get to know three days from now...as I submit my form! I wish you all the best.

@Southpaw: How did you come up with 'Southpaw'?
(Pardon my curiosity)

Posted by: D on December 13, 2009

One more thing; from statistics, only about 3% of international applicants get in. How tight can the selection process get!

Posted by: D on December 13, 2009

@ George ('14?)

I applied early at Caltech and was deferred. MIT is my top choice however, and I'm hoping that this showed in my application and that I will get in on Wednesday. I'm really nervous!

My school offers very little AP classes, so I challenged AP Calc BC and both AP Physics C's and just took the exams without a class. If I got 5's on all three, is there any problem with me not taking a class for them?

On a side note, good luck everyone! It'd be really very nice to spend the rest of senior year having an acceptance letter to MIT. It'd take so much stress out.

ReCAPTCHA: "Me Optimist" -Does this mean I have a bright future? Or that I'm overly optimistic and will fail...?

Posted by: Vasily '14? on December 13, 2009

A few comments:

I have never taken AP CompSci. I hope to take some programming classes in college/teach myself programming over the summer.

I'm so excited for Wednesday!

Captcha: America's obtained. Huh?

Posted by: VAL ('14?) on December 13, 2009

Hi Matt,
I just submitted my Regular Action MIT application and realized that I forgot to add two things in the Additional Info section! Is there a way that I can get those in, or is it too late for that?
Thanks,
R

Posted by: R on December 13, 2009

@Vasiliy - If anything, I think it would be more impressive that you managed to get a 5 on those exams without taking an actual course. smile

Posted by: Gurpreet Virdi ('14?) on December 13, 2009

Admissions officers,
Thank you so incredibly much for releasing these decisions this week instead of next; reviewing for finals if by far the best distraction I can think of. (however, somehow I've still managed to end up on the site. =]) I cant imagine the anxiety waiting for wednesday night if it weren't for all these pesky tests! Though, I would love to experience some of that impatience waiting for a tube in the very near future. ...Please?

Anyway, good luck all, and happy winter holidays!
Sorry for anyone already out for break, and REALLY sorry for anyone who's finals are later.
Lets hope this is the best December 16th ever!

[Hi, my name is Katie and I'm an iphone addict.] According to my app, we only have 3 days 3 hours and 23 minutes to go!

Posted by: Katie ('14?) on December 13, 2009

Is anyone a full diploma IB candidate? As of now I feel like the token IB student with all this talk of AP Computer Science.

Posted by: Marissa ('14?) on December 13, 2009

Why is everybody stressing so much about AP CompSci? MIT doesn't require that every student be a computer nerd. I can program my calculator, I've taken Java, and I've dabbled in HTML and C++, but I don't think my school offers AP CompSci. Even now, I am liking at my keyboard as I type. A homogeneous school of programming recluses would be a sad sight indeed.

light: haute

Posted by: Tyler ('14) on December 13, 2009

*looking at
wow nice typo

"randell University"

No thanks, reCaptcha, I prefer MIT

Posted by: 0 on December 13, 2009

Yes, I'm another hopeful who's looking at the keyboard as I type.

"contracts virgules" - maybe I should have done early decision? :/

Posted by: anonymous ('14?) on December 13, 2009

All I want for Christmas is a cylindrical package and to not have to do 10 other apps.......

Posted by: 0 on December 13, 2009

I never got the opportunity to take physics because of my crammed IB schedule. Does that really matter?

Posted by: Cecili R. ('14) on December 13, 2009

@ Cecili, I do not think so as long as you took the courses you want to take and are interested in. If you want to take physics, perhaps take a course over the summer, or find one at a community college - if you are crammed now, find one after exams lol

What science do you take instead? I took chemistry and biology last year. This year I take HL biology and SL physics. My schedule is pretty ugly. I wish my school allowed HL physics instead of biology as an intended physics major - but bio is fun so I don't care, but more physics would be nice. We just got the IB program at my school. What is your EE on?

Sorry for seeming overly excited with all the questions!

Yeah, I wanted to take AP Comp Sci but my school doesn't offer it. It's probably just as well that they don't though, because I'd be horrible at it. I don't think it really matters anyway.
Now I'm freaking out though because I'm reading the thread for last year's deferred kids, and there's all sorts of people who won this and that national award and took 948759834693 APs and still didn't get in early action.
Hyurrrrrralsdkfj.

Also, "Possible lauding"
Thank you optimistic recaptcha.

Posted by: Valerie on December 13, 2009

I dream of cylindrical mail....and I love how you all have courses my school doesnt even think of offering...McCrory concepts?

@ marissaI most certainly do not mind the questions i have a curious soul too so I completely understand. We started the program about 3 yrs ago and the only sciences are HL bio and chem. I am all for bio med engineering and biology period so that worked out pretty well for me. Last yr I took HL bio exam (and passed! yay! lol) but i wanted to take AP physics this yr. Since that class isn't very popular they only offer 1 during a period that I do not have free thanks to IB. My EE is almost done YAY lol but its a visual arts paper on Pinhole photography and its evolution. Over the summer became somewhat obsessed with dark room chemicals, pinhole photography, and photography as a whole and had alot of good experiences. Anymore questions you can email me. [email protected]

I want a tuuuuuuuuuuuube.

"action suavity"

Tubes are pretty suave, aren't they? Moreso than letters, at least.

@Marissa

I'm a full IB diploma candidate :D

English HL, Biology HL, History HL, Math HL
Chemistry SL, Mandarin SL

My EE was about the role of number theory in modern cryptographic systems.

Posted by: Rishi on December 13, 2009

@ Cecili

Yeah! I am the second class of IB to graduate. I am sorry about AP physics, I have a similar story. I surprisingly have a studyhall next semester and I wanted to fill it with astronomy, sadly, the class occurs last block when I have physics :/
This makes me and my telescope really sad - he is collecting dust. Though, I will really need that studyhall.

Your paper is really interesting, pinhole photography is beautiful. I don't know too much about it, I wish you the best!

@ Rishi

I was going to do something similar! such as how the game of baduk could influence the improvement traffic - how baduk employs game theory in a way that could be used to analyze how cars move, and could move more safely yet efficiently. Instead I chose a different idea, my question is: What are the positives and negatives when considering whether buckminister fullerenes are more proficient as vectors for somatic gene therapy?

Completely different, haha. I am currently in the process of editing it.

I am so glad that there are other IB students out there! Good luck you guys, I hope we get tubed! smile

reCAPTCHA: Massachussetts queal

Besides Massachusetts being spelt completely wrong, I hope there is a white s in front of queal, hahaha!

I'm getting more and more nervous as Wednesday gets closer... and spending more adn more time on this blog DX

"cueing smiles" ... that's good, right? O_o

Posted by: Lauren on December 13, 2009

I, too, am a full diploma IB student! It sucks... But that's what happens when I'm the third year to go through the system.

English HL, History of America HL, Math HL
Physics SL, Chemistry SL, French SL

I was really skeptical about the IB system, so I took AP tests reading out of review books just in case.

My Extended Essay is on the Golden Ratio and how it really isn't in art or architecture.

Recaptcha: "ex- skying" where skying means to hit, throw, shoot, etc. high in the air. Looks like I'm gonna get knocked down :/

IB diploma here. That reminds me, math IA is due tomorrow. I should finish that up.

Posted by: Ibrahim on December 13, 2009

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need.
I don't care about the presents
underneath the Christmas tree.
I just want one for my own,
more than you could ever know...
Make my wish come true,
All I want for Christmas
......is a tube.

Posted by: 0 on December 13, 2009

Noble y bélico adalid,
caballero del honor.
¬°Hala Madrid!, ¬°Hala Madrid!
A triunfar en buena lid,
defendiendo tu color
¬°Hala Madrid!, Hala Madrid!, Hala Madrid!

Real Madrid
mi buen amigo
este año volveré a estar contigo
te animaremos, de corazón)
esta es la hinchada que te quiere ver campeón!!

go real madrid!(i saw the poem so i decided to give a shout out for Los Blancos

Posted by: El Puertorro('14 hopeful) on December 13, 2009

IB Diploma here as well.

History, English, Math, Physics HL
Spanish, Geography, Psychology SL

Can I just say that Physics HL is the most awesome class ever.

Posted by: 0 on December 13, 2009

I think I need some tubeage

Posted by: Richard Whiskey on December 13, 2009

Stanford came out really early. Any chance MIT will? If so, by how much?

Posted by: 0 on December 13, 2009

@ Anonymous, Dec.13 9:38PM

My school only offers Physics SL, which is taught so badly, you can only pass by reading the book straight up before the exam.

"40 ninnies" ninny = fool, well thats no good

@Marissa - "tubed" is an awesome term. I think we should use it more often as a synonym for getting accepted EA :D

Posted by: Rishi on December 14, 2009

Hi all!! Good luck to all you early decision candidates! And to you not so lucky ones, there are other great schools out there and, there's always getting deferred to regular decision!! Maybe i'll see you next fall.

-Brad
"Long live the anime club"

Posted by: Brad on December 14, 2009

I'm getting butterflies just reading how psyched you guys are! Even though i'm regular action, I'm so scared now. :(

Posted by: Brad on December 14, 2009

So, I was just thinking. Last year my brother got admitted to Brown, about two weeks before the decisions were released the school got a call asking about further evals. of our curriculum...Has anyone heard of MIT doing anything similar? It might be a good way to predict our decisions...."besiege NETS"

Posted by: JF('14?) on December 14, 2009

The ED Brown kids have a chat room so they can drown themselves in nerves: http://latinlookup.com/
It'd be cool if someone made something like that for the MIT EAers...

Posted by: Anonymous on December 14, 2009

No, JF, MIT gives no hint as to whether you are accepted or not. There is no "likely letter", no contact of your school (unless your application is incomplete because your school literally forgot to send something in that you told them to), etc. (though I'm admittedly not sure what "etc" encompasses in this case ^_^")

Posted by: NathanArce on December 14, 2009

Also, why the hell am I punting studying for finals just to talk to you prefrosh? TT_TT Not to say you aren't worth it, but... yeah. Finals.

Inspired by Anonymous' post above, and determined not to let MIT be outdone by ED Brown kids, I present to you the following crude result of about 30 minutes of hacking open source PHP stuff together:

http://www.airpoke.com/mitchat/

Tell your friends!

Posted by: Anshu Chimala on December 14, 2009

Good luck everyone. Stay classy!

Posted by: Oce on December 14, 2009

@ Anshu

Thank you so much! :D

Posted by: Marissa ('14?) on December 14, 2009

I had a dream that I got accepted into MIT on Sunday, but I realized that I was dreaming and did not want to wake up. I really want this badly, but I will have to wait until Wednesday. Is my dream a foreshadow of my acceptance into MIT?

Posted by: Joseph(14' ?) on December 14, 2009

@ Valerie,
Hey there Valerie it's Valerie. (Never mind that I'm a bit dizzy now.)Yeah I know what you mean I'm freaking out for the same reason!
These deferred kids have amazing awards/activities/talents/etc. Makes me wonder what EA admits look like. =)

Posted by: Val'14? on December 14, 2009

@Joseph Hope so. Good to hear I'm not the only one having strange dreams. Good luck!

And while we're at it. We should thank all the admissions officers for spending so much time reading our applications. Thank you Matt and admissions officers. :D

Posted by: Jennifer on December 14, 2009

So someone asked me how I came up with the name I use for comments on the blogs. Well, fact of the matter is, I'm lefty. We're the world's largest unrecognized minority... sort of. We can't use giant spiral notebooks, or right-handed desk chairs and most of the scissors in school. In Bangladesh, I get stared at when I eat ( apparently, it's unclean).

Being a lefty has affected my life is so many different ways, I'm surprised myself. And lefty's are called southpaw's because when you face the rising sun, your left hand is in the southern direction.

@ All the IB people: You guys have me scared. No really. Am I the only one who's applied EA from the O/A Level system?

@El Puertorro: Whaddya know, another Real Madrid fan. At least if we both get in, there will be another person to watch European football with.

Here's to hoping we all get tubed.

Posted by: Southpaw '14? on December 14, 2009

@ El Puertorro and Southpaw: yay we can watch champions league and la liga together. Although I'm a Barca fan (Messi's the best), I'm sure we can still watch the matches together haha

Posted by: Carlos on December 14, 2009

Favorite band: The Tubes.

Posted by: Panting on December 14, 2009

And the countdown still continues. 2 Days, 9 hours, 50 Minutes. And by the way, today is my Birthday! YAY Me! Hopefully i get a nice belated gift Wednesday night lol.

And I don't understand all of this IB and A/O talk. I don't think my school uses either of those lmao.

Posted by: Snad on December 14, 2009

i'm a leftie too!! lefties rule

Posted by: 0 on December 14, 2009

Can't wait for the decision, Wednesday is coming fast! I too am a leftie :D taking the IB: Physics, Math and Italian HL ; Chemistry, Economics and English SL and am in the middle of finals right now but i can't take my mind off Wednesday!!
Here in Italy it'll be 3 in the morning when decisions come out, at least i have an excuse to stay up.
For the moment ReCaptcha says "Continued Querying", i guess that's been the theme of this whole week!

Good luck to all other EA applicants!!

Posted by: Luca on December 14, 2009

And let the magnificient hand of chance deal everyone, hopefully, a fair chance ---
With respect to John Keats

Posted by: tree on December 14, 2009

tree!

captcha: same morsels....

Posted by: anon on December 14, 2009

and in the last few days... lack of blogs much?
someone please blog about finals smile

Posted by: anon on December 14, 2009

@Southpaw; I'm guessing very few O/A level guys applied EA. Only permanent residents of the states can do so, right?

Good luck to all EA guys.

Posted by: D on December 14, 2009

@Southpaw and Carlos: Good to see football's gonna have a nice presence among applicants. And sorry Carlos, Real > Barca, CR9 > LM10

Posted by: El Puertorro on December 14, 2009

Haha, I keep missing people on the chat.
The Brown chatroom seems to be filling up now; they only have like 4 hours left. (And we have 56 :O)

Well, I'll post the link again:
http://www.airpoke.com/mitchat/

MIT called my school's admission councilors to ask if anything had changed, but they called all of them. It could be because so many of us applied I guess.

Posted by: 0 on December 14, 2009

Uh....really bad feeling in the pit of my stomach....got into a car crash yesterday...is this considered a bad omen? @[email protected]

Posted by: Kathy on December 14, 2009

@Anonymous
MIT called your GC? What did you mean when u said "has anything changed?" Like what could have changed?

Also - anybody think there's any chance of an early notification? Like tonight? Hope so!

Posted by: devon on December 14, 2009

@Lindsay '14 Hopeful

Same here, I was deferred from Caltech too. Although both of these schools are among my top choices, defer from there put a damper on my hopes for MIT.

Posted by: George ('14?) on December 14, 2009

Is it true all the decisions have been made?

Posted by: leeJM on December 14, 2009

@Kathy: I'm not very supersticious but in my country, bad things happenning sometimes means a good thing's coming in the near future. Good luck.

Posted by: D on December 14, 2009

@Kathy and @D

I'm not superstitious, but sometimes it is fun to pretend that there are omens. I like the theory that bad luck can mean good luck is coming, because a car backed out of a parking space into my car at @Kathy and @D

I'm not superstitious, but sometimes it is fun to pretend that there are omens. I like the theory that bad luck can mean good luck is coming, because a car backed out of a parking space into my car at <1 mph. No damage, but maybe that nets me a little "luck". Is the good luck proportional to the bad luck? If so Kathy probably has more "luck".

More importantly, what happens if our Evaluation A is still missing? Is there some way we can teleport it to the admissions people? Mail and fax both seem to have failed...

Posted by: Travis ('14?) on December 14, 2009

Ahhh... the frustration of accidental formatting. For all of those countless millions out there who are confused about what happened to my car (not actually "mine", but I digress), it was supposed to read:

" into my car at less than one mile per hour. No damage, but hopefully it nets me a little 'luck'. Is the amount of good luck proportional to the amount of bad luck? If so, Kathy probably has more 'luck'."

However, the less-than sign was interpreted as part of an HTML tag... maybe I should have clicked "preview"

Ironically, while I am "analyzing" this "utility", the reCAPTCHA is "Utility analysis". I don't think that could be construed to say anything about my chances of getting in, unfortunately.

Good luck, everyone!

"mother restful"

I guess she'd be restful if I got in?

Posted by: 0 on December 14, 2009

I've just returned from Wednesday, December 16th. You're all admitted -- so just relax.

Posted by: Doctor Who on December 14, 2009

I guess neither Matt nor any other admissions counselor actually looks at these comments, huh? so if I were to, say, ask about having to send my SAT subject test scores in today and having that affect my complete application status, it wouldn't be to any avail, would it?

Posted by: Tyler '14 on December 14, 2009

But now my MyMIT page says it has my scores (after I sent them in), so does the admissions committee actually look at these scores, or are they just a part of the complete application status required to receive admission? Your thoughts...

@Tyler: If you haven't already, try emailing [email protected] They're very responsive!

Posted by: Ankur Dave on December 14, 2009

@The Doctor

I love you, that made me feel better even if it isn't true.

Posted by: Rose Tyler on December 14, 2009

50 hours!

Posted by: hopeful '14 on December 14, 2009

Is there any way to add more info to our apps at this point?

Posted by: Scott on December 14, 2009

My guess would be that decisions have already been made and they are just finalizing things.

Posted by: Alex on December 14, 2009

@scott
nope, can't do that unless you get deferred, in which case you can send in more supplements but can't change anything you've already done

gulfstream cashmere?

Posted by: anon on December 14, 2009

Does anybody know what an acceptance screen might look like? I've googled everything I could think of.

Posted by: 0 on December 14, 2009

Just out of curiosity-does anyone have a guess at how much weight MIT gives to an athlete recommended by one of the MIT varsity coaches?

Posted by: A on December 14, 2009

Am I the only one getting nonsense words/not words for the recaptcha? '$31,151,818 mandalay'

Posted by: noob on December 14, 2009

@Anonymous

Just type in 'mit letter' or something like that in Google images and you'll find both acceptance and deferral letters.

Hopefully we all see a letter starting with 'On behalf of the Admissions Committee it is my pleasure...' smile

Posted by: Sam on December 14, 2009

@Anon who wanted the MIT acceptance letter:
Googling led me to
http://jzzsxm.googlepages.com/MITOnlineDecisionNotification.htm

And my captcha is "plain avarice."
Weird, weird.

Posted by: 0 on December 14, 2009

I just Googled MIT deferral letter and the first letter that turns up is for someone from the class of 2010 named Evan also...gah.

Well, he was eventually admitted from the looks of his blog, so all I can do is hope for the best.

Posted by: Evan ('14?) on December 14, 2009

"...how much weight MIT gives to an athlete recommended by one of the MIT varsity coaches?" I've talked to a coach and he said that last year, 6 of the 13 that he recommended were accepted, which is a significantly better percentage than the about 10% acceptance rate. I'm not sure how that transfers to other sports though... I just hope that it works out in the end.

Posted by: Anonymous on December 15, 2009

@A
it counts for some, but it won't make your app or make up for anything missing

played doorstep...?

Posted by: anon on December 15, 2009

Thanks, Anonymous

@ anon- what does "played doorstep" mean?

Posted by: A on December 15, 2009

Less than two days left? Wow, time to start counting hours. So right now a little over 43 hours left. 20 hours of sleep in that for me. I sleep a lot. That means just 23 hours of awake time for me. Is it just me, or does time seem to be going by a little faster than usual?

@D: You forgot include US citizens. We can apply EA as well even if we're not in the US.

Recaptcha: by misquote ?? I can't make anything out of that.

Posted by: Southpaw '14? on December 15, 2009

I'm writing to thank everyone for their advice. The best advice seems to be take the courses in HS that interest you most at the most challenging level you can. I didn't mean to get everyone worried about AP Comp Sci. That's just his particular interest.
Since you're all playing the Recapcha game I thought the one for this post would make you all laugh. tubbiest Special. Assume it's a long u sound.

Posted by: Valart on December 15, 2009

Hi, this is probably a silly question, but decisions will be available after the 16th too, right?
It's just really important to me that I find out with both of my parents there, which won't be possible until the next day...

Posted by: Anon on December 15, 2009

I beilieve you can only get your decision if you log on EXACTLY at 9pm U.S. eastern time, otherwise its gone forever.

Just kidding!

Posted by: JF('14?) on December 15, 2009

Hi, when are the regular action decisions released?

Posted by: Franz on December 15, 2009

@Franz
1st of March or late February...

Posted by: Zeki '14? on December 15, 2009

@ 5:01 anon - a lot of students from previous years have preferred to find out when they didn't have family looking over their shoulder. I wouldn't delay finding out for a whole extra day just so your parents can be there. You can always call them with the news!

Posted by: anonymous on December 15, 2009

Hello, Please Help me out, I just join the MIT school, I don't know anything at all, Please I need your help, Can someone explain how to apply for admission?

Posted by: Ossai Endurance on December 15, 2009

Hello, Please Help me out, I just join the MIT school, I don't know anything at all, Please I need your help, Can someone explain how to apply for admission? here is my Yahoo e-mail ID [email protected], Please mail me or you can add me to your yahoo list, It also on Live Window, Aol, Gmail, Mcom. Please I will be looking for to hear from you, In the subject write From MIT. Thanks.

Good luck!! :D

Posted by: Alex on December 15, 2009

@ 5:01 anon: Anyone can be impulsive and it seems we live in a day of instant gratification; waiting takes character this is a once in a lifetime moment, don’t squander it.
BTW: Contrary to what some may think, you are not “self made” and it is likely that you would not be in this predicament w/o the sacrifice of your parents. Enjoy this special moment w them!

Posted by: Mike Rodriguez on December 15, 2009

@Franz,
for some reason i believe they release RA decisions on Pi Day. go figure for them math nerds lmao. that's March 14th(3/14 or 3.14 smile) for you non Pi fans.

Recaptcha: jail thing
uh oh, bad omen?

Posted by: Snad on December 15, 2009

@ A: Coaches recommendations- Everyone admitted to MIT is qualified- they do not lower the admissions standards for athletes. That being said, of the 10-15K applicants that WON’T be admitted this year I am confident that most of them also qualify for admissions. Varsity coaches do meet w admissions and it does matter. In terms of “weight”, I would say that all things being equal that the coach recommended applicant gets in over the others every time

Posted by: '14 varsity soccer hopeful on December 15, 2009

EEE! 33 hours, 15 minutes!

Posted by: VAL ('14?) on December 15, 2009

Good luck guys! You are almost there.
"kissed 110-year-old" in reCaptcha I swear!!! I made a screenshot. :D

Posted by: 0 on December 15, 2009

@Franz - Last year, regular was announced on pi day (March 14th) at 1:59pm. : ) I was visiting over that time and overheard some students talking about it.

"pint Pompidou"

Posted by: Kristina on December 15, 2009

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! soooo excited!!!! 29 hours, 14 minutes, 15 seconds

Posted by: aaaaahhhhhh!!!! on December 15, 2009

Ah I was confident and then I got scared. Now I'm somewhere in between.
Look up omens on mystery google (mysteryseeker), My second one said "OH HAI, its tyler :D" no lie (consequently, I got "no lie" right afterwards) FREAKY

Posted by: Tyler '14 on December 15, 2009

Yay Mystery Google!

I tried mine, and I got... something quite inappropriate, an explicit insult directed at Basshunter.

So I guess no electronica for a while?

Ps. "gumdrops sian"

27 hours 51 minutes and 33 seconds..gaaaaah

abt 1 more day to go...

Posted by: Anon on December 15, 2009

I'm so excited!!

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Posted by: 0 on December 15, 2009

huh?

Posted by: 0 on December 15, 2009

Recaptcha: 83 curates. Any interpretations?

Posted by: 0 on December 15, 2009

so i was just wondering that if what happens begins that an afterwards, how is that at then greater through was what before?

Posted by: Other Anon on December 15, 2009

At this point I am feeling cautiously pessimistic.

Posted by: 0 on December 15, 2009

Other Anon is a pretty cool guy eh answered my question and doesn't afraid of anything.

Posted by: 0 on December 15, 2009

Umm...my friend claims he already got into MIT a week ago.

Does MIT now give Likely Letters or something?

Posted by: Parth on December 15, 2009

less than 25 hours left...

i gotta pretend i didn't get in, or i will be hopelessly crushed tomorrow. =(

the waiting is twisting knots in my stomach!!!

Posted by: hopeful '14 on December 15, 2009

cautiously pessimistic... I like that. It makes deferral expected, and admission a pleasant surprise (to say the least)
@Parth
I doubt it

Posted by: 0 on December 15, 2009

@Other Anon
You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.

"Second-Class brandon" lolwut?

Posted by: thapto on December 15, 2009

@wackos
Anyone want to tell me whats going on? sounds like something from Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy

Would it be cliched if I started singing "The Final Countdown."

Posted by: 0 on December 15, 2009

Sing away, Merril. Sing away

Posted by: 0 on December 15, 2009

I just looked at my clock, and the voices in my head began singing that as I clicked on the blog for the 800th time this week....at least im not alone!

An application deferred is an application denied.

Posted by: 0 on December 15, 2009

So when is everyone going to start refreshing the page repeatedly tomorrow?

ReCAPTCHA: "Monoxide Nixon"

erm...

Posted by: Marissa ('14?) on December 15, 2009

Cheer up, Anonymous. Last year, 8% of deferred students were later accepted

Does anyone else find themselves entering their username/password into the decision website often... hoping MIT suddenly decided to let out decisions earlier?

Posted by: Waiting... on December 15, 2009

@Tyler
http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Has_anyone_really_been_far_even_as_decided_to_use_even_go_want_to_do_look_more_like?
Welcome to 4chan, hub of internet culture.

"jailers Clock"
Indeed, the clock is my jailer. Or something to that effect.

Posted by: thapto on December 15, 2009

When it hit the 24 hour mark I began to go crazy and I still haven't calmed down lol, tomorrow will be fun

Posted by: lucas on December 15, 2009

Ah I've heard of 4chan. Never wanted it to imbibe my life. Maybe I should give in

Dempsey's Suez. Sounds like an actor and a canal...I don't know what to make of this one

Posted by: 0 on December 15, 2009

Atlantic ehret

Eeeeek, less than 24 hrs left!!!

And therefore, how is one suppose to study for finals under such situational heroin situation?

That is impossible except for the most
determined, and I am certainly not among those.

Posted by: tree on December 15, 2009

@Tyler
It is very hard to cheer at 8%...

Posted by: tree on December 15, 2009

Honestly, how hard is it to be tubed in EA, is it less likely than RA or about the same?

Posted by: 0 on December 15, 2009

you have no idea how excited I am right now, MIT is the only school in Connecticut--other than harvard--that I'm applying to!

Posted by: 0 on December 15, 2009

http://translationparty.com/#5669003

(0_0)

Posted by: Nestor (14?) on December 15, 2009

@Anonymous

I know this may come as a shock, but MIT is not in Connecticut.

If it were, then it wouldn't be next to Awesome-ton (a.k.a Boston).

But this is a moot point and I guess you really don't know where the heck the college you're applying to is located. As long as you get in...

@Anonymous

You mean Massachusetts, right?

Posted by: 0 on December 15, 2009

@nestor

successful troll is successful.

Posted by: 0 on December 15, 2009

I wonder how many of their decisions they're still making and how many they already know but aren't telling us yet... 22 Hours to go

Posted by: Louis ('14?) on December 15, 2009

I hope MIT offers courses in the historiography of botany. I'm planning on pursuing a career in that field.

Posted by: 0 on December 16, 2009

21 hours 52 mins 34 seconds
reCAPTCHA: tapes Madison...hmm that's a difficult one to decipher lol

Posted by: Su ('14?) on December 16, 2009

Ugh... I'm already shaking and we still have 20 hours to go...

Posted by: Lindsay '14 Hopeful on December 16, 2009

Less than 21 hours to go.Wow, we're finally reaching the end of our wait.

BTW, where're all the usual people? Looks like there are a lot of new visitors. I guess that's to be expected, with decisions so close.

And do I have a fellow gadgetophile out here? Like, read Engadget and Gizmodo twice a day kinda person?

Posted by: Southpaw '14? on December 16, 2009

gimme the tube....plz! T.T

Posted by: '14 Hopeful on December 16, 2009

gimme the tube....plz! T.T

I'm going to die waiting. I know it.

Posted by: Nate ('14?) on December 16, 2009

@Southpaw
Yep, Gadgetophile here.
Got any Diggnation/Revision3 Fans?

Posted by: Robert on December 16, 2009

Ok.
This is too much.
I can't sleep.

Posted by: Tim ('14?) on December 16, 2009

It's now in the afternoon in TW..

I can't concentrate on writing my other [email protected]@
19 and a half hrs 2 go!!!
Gluck everyone!=)

Posted by: Val'14? on December 16, 2009

@Val: Neither can I. It doesn't help that there's always a niggling thought in the back of my head, that I just might get in, so why work?

Just in case anyone forgot, I heard the decisions come out a couple of minutes early sometimes. I remember Snively blogging about it once.

It will be thursday in my country when you guys receive your admission decisions. I think I understand your tension and now I'm wondering if I should apply to MIT. I was confident before but from the blogs and responses, it is clearer to me just how many really good (and cool for that matter) people apply to MIT. I wonder if I stand a chance. Good luck to all EA guys.

I have to work on my other applications.

Posted by: D on December 16, 2009

@anonymous at 10:09pm 12/15
people who get in RA don't get tubes...
but if you mean admit rate.. the RA admit rate is lower than that of EA

@tree
I'm having the same difficulty studying for my own finals raspberry

yes. decisions always come out exactly 11 minutes ahead of time xD

Posted by: anon on December 16, 2009

What the heck -- I'll be the 400th poster.

Posted by: Finally on December 16, 2009

@Southpaw: I'm here!! 15 hours!!! :D

"Kathleen strums".... Any admissions officers named KAthleen?

Posted by: VAL ('14?) on December 16, 2009

@Southpaw - how about 4-5 times per day? grin

Posted by: Gurpreet Virdi ('14?) on December 16, 2009

@D You won't know if you don't try. The amount of awesome people that attend is truly what makes MIT so great in my opinion.

It's going to be a looooong day....
"Fram auctions"

Posted by: Alexandra ('14?) on December 16, 2009

I can't find my decision in the website at all!

Posted by: oboe92sucks on December 16, 2009

9 PM not AM!! sorry my bad raspberry

Posted by: 0 on December 16, 2009

Less than 12 hours...
I think that once I get home I'll pass the time by writing two separate emails to my teachers and family so that I can send the right one immediately after I find out.

Posted by: Mark on December 16, 2009

I'm going to bed now. (Doubt I'll get any sleep)Hope I'll wake up to a dream come true. =D
@ D,
Where are you from?

Posted by: Val'14? on December 16, 2009

multivariable calc
diff eq 1
diff eq 2
discrete math struct
quantum physics
statistical & thermal physics
applied thermodynamics
comp sci 1
comp sci 2
intermediate racquetball
prejudiced, ya - biased ya
but i think it is the coolest

Posted by: anon on December 16, 2009

for the people that do get in EA, when do you think their tubes will come???

10 hours...49 minutes...30 seconds

Posted by: 0 on December 16, 2009

10 hours, 39 minutes!!!

recaptcha: other's mossed.... GOOD LUCK

Posted by: anon on December 16, 2009

8% of deferred isn't that bad, seeing as only 11.53% of EA applicants are admitted anyways. besides number crunching isn't the way to think about it. it is way to stressful to place the rest of your life in the hands of such small odds.

less than 10 hours left...shitting my pants in anxiety right now:(

Jergens tofu...wtf?

Posted by: Snad on December 16, 2009

@10:11am anonymous
I think they mail them out today
I think that's what happened last year.. you could try checking last year's blog from matt

Posted by: anon on December 16, 2009

@Gupreet Virdi: Now we're talking. 4-5 times a day. Just about what I do. Following the Nexus One news lately?

9 and a half hours left. Yeah, the wait's almost over.

reCaptcha: pigsty clemit. Doesn't sound very good.

Good luck little prefroshies!

Posted by: NathanArce on December 16, 2009

now, it seems to be a good thing that i have a job to get my mind of this YAY!
One class tomorrow and winter break YAYAY!!
MIT rejection ergo no more waits (JK)YAYAYAY!!!

Posted by: tree on December 16, 2009

Good luck to all early applicants! =D

Posted by: Caio '14 on December 16, 2009

@VAL: I'm from Uganda.

Posted by: D on December 16, 2009

I have honestly read all 400 something posts on this blog, and have probably checked at least 6 times per day over the past week. I can't do anything, and I don't feel like working on my other apps because I want to get in. I keep going back and forth from convincing myself that I will be rejected to avoid disappointment to listening to a little voice in my head that says my application was good and that I will get in...

Posted by: Jamie '14? on December 16, 2009

7 hours, 45 minutes, 9 seconds

Posted by: 0 on December 16, 2009

@Har Rison:.....so MIT actually called you! ....And offered you a scolarship?! That's soooo cool. Congs! How often does MIT do that?

Posted by: D on December 16, 2009

@ Jamie '14?:
Diddo!

@Jamie: I agree with everything you said, including reading every single comment. I know that the probability of getting in is low, but optimism is so much more fun, for now. Today is going to be a loooooong day. Less than 7 hours left!

Posted by: Miriam on December 16, 2009

Jin Kang --- ZERO

Posted by: 0 on December 16, 2009

Bracing for rejection :(

Posted by: 0 on December 16, 2009

Well... I obviously am anxious to see the results, but I want to see the movie "The Box" (has anyone seen it yet?) at a local theater ($1 Wednesday). It ends at 8:56, so I would get to see the decision at about 9:20 or something, but I think I can handle 20 minutes, as impossible as it seems...

If I get in, I will be elated and will not mind having to do homework that I put off to see the movie. If I get deferred, I will less gladly do the homework, but it will be nice to have taken a break instead of working hard all day only to discover a deferral.

Posted by: Travis ('14?) on December 16, 2009

@Jamie: YES. That is me in a nutshell.

"sat careful"... Uh oh. D:

Jeez... less than 6 hours left. This is way too intense!!!

Posted by: Justin on December 16, 2009

Just got my Hogwarts acceptance letter, so now its just a matter of finding who sent it and forcing them to educate me for the next 4 years. So
here's to hoping that you guys were the ones that sent it.

Posted by: Alex on December 16, 2009

5 Hours...

Posted by: Justin on December 16, 2009

You have worked very hard to reach this point, and your credentials speak volumes! Tonight won't define you, you will define yourself. (In your shoes this time last year.....deferred, and now an MIT '13). Best wishes.

Posted by: jm on December 16, 2009

I've aged at least 10 years in the past 10 days.

Posted by: 0 on December 16, 2009

4.5 hours till the hour of doom. I dream big dreams and let me my thoughts consume. To where will I fly this Fall: North, South, East, or West? O', let me got to MIT, 'cause MIT's the best.

Listen occasion-

Posted by: 0 on December 16, 2009

Hey hey fellow EA applicants, you guys excited?

Posted by: Josh on December 16, 2009

3 hours and 55 minutes to go.
Come on MIT, DO THE RIGHT THING

3 hours and 47 minutes
I have never been this anxious in my life!

Posted by: Emily on December 16, 2009

So you guys really want to go to MIT too, huh?

Posted by: 0 on December 16, 2009

Pity.
I would take rejection so much better if it was delivered by owl post.

3 hours and 33 minutes!

Posted by: Francesca on December 16, 2009

Ready for the longest 3 1/2 hours of my life...

Posted by: Rachel ('14?) on December 16, 2009

The Simpsons just mentioned MIT, because it wasn't already consuming my thoughts. :(

Posted by: 0 on December 16, 2009

I wasn't going to post another reply, but LOOK AT MY CAPTCHA!!!

"tubed elitist"

TUBED! That's a good omen if I ever saw one.

haha @Val

Good luck to all of you guys! less than 3 hours to go! I'm not even applying til next year and I'm already anxious! Please post your results. Share the happiest moment of your lives! (Or worst>haha @Val

Good luck to all of you guys! less than 3 hours to go! I'm not even applying til next year and I'm already anxious! Please post your results. Share the happiest moment of your lives! (Or worst><)

@Jamie: Me too! I've read like every comment on this blog too, and I'm not even applying until next yearxD.

Posted by: Anonymous ('15 Hopeful) on December 16, 2009

1hr 24min left!! 11!11!111!!1111!!!!

Posted by: anon on December 16, 2009

actually 2hrs 24 (11 now)

Posted by: 0 on December 16, 2009

Nope, we still have to wait 2 Hours and 10 Minutes.

Posted by: Justin on December 16, 2009

This isn't a bad situation at all. I doubt anybody is EXPECTING to get in, so we can't be too disappointed, but we can still be ECSTATIC if we do get in.

Posted by: 0 on December 16, 2009

Argh! I have a college final and can't even check my decision at 8:00 Central... man, I'm soooo scared :'(

Posted by: 0 on December 16, 2009

deux heures!!!

"flapping the" - I'm pretending flapping means clapping

Posted by: Anonymous on December 16, 2009

1 hour and 53 minutess :O "bricking easy"
I hope thats a good sign

Posted by: Lala on December 16, 2009

@Anonymous 3 above me, ur so right

Posted by: Parth on December 16, 2009

1 hour 50 minutes, OMG
"about canada"... I'd rather Boston, thanks!

Posted by: Kaley ('14?) on December 16, 2009

I've been stressed for so long that right now I am just exhausted, even if I get accepted I don't think I have the energy to do more than raise my arm in triumph.

Posted by: 0 on December 16, 2009

Today has been great so far! Is it too late to add grades in my application? I just got an A in that calculus class I was taking smile

1 hour 33 minutes....COME ON COME ON COME ON

So yeah... I don't think I'm going to be able to study tonight for my Calc test. Maybe my prof'll let me take it on Friday if I get in. He DID write my rec. wink

"having Dozed"....

The last moments are the longest! Good luck everyone! Though as my driver's ed teacher once said about luck, if you need luck, you shouldn't be driving haha. Here's to a good 9:00PM.

grin

"human Miracles"

So about this 11 minutes early business... Is that for real? It's beginning to seem significant.

Posted by: Mark on December 16, 2009

I wish everyone the best of luck. I am preparing myself for dissapointment, and wishes for the best.

Qué sera sera

(live, love, dance)

"definitively flanders"

Posted by: Clay on December 16, 2009

ONE HOUR!!!!!!

"at MOWER"

Posted by: 0 on December 16, 2009

Good luck everyone!!! LESS THAN AN HOUR REMAINING. OH LORD.

Posted by: Shark750 on December 16, 2009

Its the final countdown...

Posted by: Parth on December 16, 2009

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

Posted by: 0 on December 16, 2009

40 MINUTES! What is everyone doing to pass the time?

"Bleeding his"

Too bad you guys don't row crew. MIT values rowers over everyone else so the coaches tell them early.

Posted by: 0 on December 16, 2009

OH EM GEE

Posted by: 0 on December 16, 2009

Unless Ctrl+F is wrong, no one wondered if they would deliever the package with a swallow? If they do, add a coconut.

Posted by: 2014 hopefull on December 16, 2009

OMG!! AHH!!!

I think I've broken a whole bunch of school computers by pressing the F5 keys too much. x_x

Posted by: Alan C on December 16, 2009

@Kaley

I'm blasting "Cousins" by Vampire Weekend, and intermittently getting up and jumping around. It makes me feel quite optimistic. Also, alternating between studying for an AP German exam and playing Left 4 Dead. Getting close to pooping my pants with anxiety.

Posted by: Stephen Gordinier on December 16, 2009

I am doing a chem lab and blasting "Dota" by basshunter to pass the time

Posted by: Parth on December 16, 2009

30 minutes!!!!

Posted by: JF('14?) on December 16, 2009

"runabout Lowry" - runabout with happiness???

Okay, I have to stay calm....eeek! 30 min!!!!

Posted by: anonymous ('14?) on December 16, 2009

@Kaley, I'm trying to read jap comics and cannot because the authors won't update them! gosh, mangas would make this time pass like nothing...but just when one need them, they're not there...

and my captcha is treasury tariffs
That reminds me of lottery. Would you guys prefer winning the lottery or getting an acceptance?

Posted by: tree on December 16, 2009

<30 minutes!!!!

well, with the 11 minute rule, it's 17 mins now smile

Posted by: anon on December 16, 2009

I hate waiting...I wish I had something I had to be doing instead. Minutes seem like hours!!! =(

Posted by: Mark('14?) on December 16, 2009

I'm watching NCIS contemplating listening to some loud music and putting off calc and ap english. AHHHHHH!!!!! I'm going crazy! 26 minutes!

Posted by: AnonymouslyMe on December 16, 2009

well, just visited the NY Times and saw this article on EA rising..
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/17/education/17decision.html?_r=1&hp;

Posted by: tree on December 16, 2009

I just ate my dinner. A baked Potato. I am really not hungry right now :(

Posted by: 0 on December 16, 2009

"And early applications to M.I.T., another non-binding program, surged by 13 percent, the university said Wednesday night"

..hope this helps to ease some feelings

Posted by: tree on December 16, 2009

getting closer

Posted by: Ibrahim on December 16, 2009

Not even Modern Warfare 2 can keep me from going absolutely insane!! only 15 minutes!!

Posted by: Justin on December 16, 2009

At about T-minus 3 minutes, everyone should start blasting Europe's "Final Countdown"

ReCaptcha: in Allowing

my pasta is going cold next to me as I watch all you froshies await decisions xD

seriously though, no lie when I say that EA decisions were online 9 minutes before the time matt gave

Posted by: anon on December 16, 2009

I've been trying music...I will admit that the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers theme song kept me occupied for about 4 minutes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0KOfTV1dbc

Last year they opened a little early...get ready and good luck

Posted by: '13 on December 16, 2009

@Stephen Gordinier

Great idea I'm blasting the Final Countdown now

Posted by: Josh on December 16, 2009

PLEASE POST IF YOU GET IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"expected erasers"

Posted by: anon on December 16, 2009

11 minute rule may a**

Posted by: 0 on December 16, 2009

almost here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: 0 on December 16, 2009

**my

Posted by: 0 on December 16, 2009

@ other anon
I think there will be 3 other threads for those who are accepted, deferred, and not accepted

Posted by: anon on December 16, 2009

OMG!!! 9 Minutes left! Good Luck everyone!!!!

These butterflies in my stomach. It's like they're super-saiyan.

Yes there will comment threads for those accepted, deferred, and denied

Posted by: '13 on December 16, 2009

http://www.e4-nyc.org/mitcountdown.html

Good Luck everyone 5 min

Posted by: Nick on December 16, 2009

The tension is mounting. 4 minutes. I don't think they're going to come out early. Only 4 minutes left. Breathe. Breathe....

aw, deferred. oh well!

Posted by: Jimmy ('14?) on December 16, 2009

rejected raspberry

deferred...prolonged waiting

Posted by: tree on December 16, 2009

deferred. and the waiting continues smile

Posted by: mike '14? on December 16, 2009

accepted!...actually deferred just like the rest

accepted

rude. why arent u more excited. u don't deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: sandra on December 16, 2009

just like everybody else, deferred =P
good luck in march everybody!

Accepted!

Posted by: Abhi '14 on December 16, 2009

Deferred:( gotta improve those SATs i guess. fml

Posted by: Snad on December 16, 2009

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WININWINWINIWNIWNIWNIWNIWNIWNIWNIWNIWNIWNIWNIWNWINWINWIN
`osdlkfjjflksjflk;sf

Posted by: chris on December 16, 2009

:( Deferred.

Posted by: Evan on December 16, 2009

Well, I also got deferred...

I'll just have to wait until March like the rest of us (except for the lucky few who got in early). The wait until march. of course, will be even less bearable, but we must press on...

Posted by: 0 on December 16, 2009

accepted

Posted by: lol on December 17, 2009

Rejected, Why am I not deferred?
Why reject an early app and not defer them?

Posted by: T Raff on December 17, 2009

what does it mean to be deferred? what else do they want?

Posted by: Mrs. on December 17, 2009