Go White Sox! by mitblogs

I'm absolutely giddy that the White Sox are in the World Series and I had the chance to go to games one and two in Chicago this past weekend with my parents and brother.

I grew up in Elgin, IL and I’m a huge White Sox fan (sorry Astro fans). Even though Elgin is northwest of Chicago (and most northsiders are Cubs fans), my dad, grandpa, and great-grandpa were White Sox fans. Not surprisingly, then, my brother and I became White Sox fans too. Of course, I’m absolutely giddy that the White Sox are in the World Series and I had the chance to go to games one and two in Chicago this past weekend with my parents and brother. The White Sox haven’t been in a World Series since 1959 and haven’t won a World Series since 1917 so I figured I had to take this chance while I could. It may never happen again in my lifetime.

I have been going to White Sox games since I was four years old and have a lot of special memories at both the Old Comiskey Park and the newer U.S. Cellular Field. Without a doubt, though, this past weekend, I had the most fun I have ever had at any baseball games. Even now that I’m back in Boston, I still get chills thinking about the great pitching and defensive plays, and, of course, the grand slam and Podsednik’s walk-off homerun in game two.

What was best, though, was seeing how happy my dad was and being able to share all of this with my parents and brother. It didn’t matter that it was ridiculously cold each night and raining on Sunday. Seeing our team win two World Series games made us all forget the terrible weather. In fact, the guy sitting in front of us said, “isn’t this a beautiful night for baseball?” We couldn’t have agreed more.

Here are some pictures of the games as well as my dad’s scorecards (he keeps score on his palm pilot). You will notice that I look like a gigantic marshmallow in my White Sox parka (and six or seven heavy layers underneath)!

Go White Sox!

[]

A.J. at the plate

[]

Bobby Jenks on the mound

[]

Clemens pitching with Everett on first

[]

Clemens takes the mound

[]

Clemens’ windup

[]

Deleriously happy after the grand slam

[]

Frank Thomas being introduced

[]

Harold Baines, Tim Raines, and Joe Cora – some of the White Sox coaches

[]

Jenks and his 100 mph fastball

[]

Jenks and Konerko

[]

Jenks, Cooper, Konerko, and Uribe conferring on the mound

[]

Jenks

[]

Jermaine Dye, Joe Crede, Juan Uribe, and A.J. Pierzynski during batting practice

[]

Luis Aparicio throwing out the first pitch

[]

My brother and me at game 2

[]

My family before game 1

[]

Paul Konerko

[]

Poor Cubs fans

My dad keeping score on his palm pilot

His score cards:

7 responses to “Go White Sox!”

1. Clark Poland says:

As a Cardinals fan, the statement “Poor Cubs fans” irritates me. They deserve it. Every last bit. Southsiders, rub it in. If you see someone in Cubs apparel, rub it in. Good job Sox.

As a sidenote, is that Scorepad? That’s the software my dad uses on his PDA whenever we’re at games, but I’ve never seen it pulled up on a computer.

2. Jenny says:

Yes, it is Scorepad. We just made a pdf of the scorecard.

3. zoogies says:

WHITE SOX? WHITE SOX!?

Actually, I don’t follow baseball much, but living in the state of Massachusetts, I felt compelled to say that.

4. Hey Jenny!

I was wondering when I was going to see another post from you! I have already finished my application and sent it completely! and well, ironically now I feel more stress than before!

Anyways, it was nice seeing a post from you even if I’m not a baseball fan!

att, Omar from Puerto Rico!!!!

5. userfdy says:

oh,it’s very good

6. Gideon says:

Sick, sick, says the Cubs fan south-sider.

7. Siddharth says:

wow, we got spammed almost two months after the last post…. spammers suck, and they’re not even smart at sucking!