Happy Thanksgiving! by Matt McGann '00

Holiday wishes and fun stuff.

Happy Thanksgiving!

My friend Jennifer (MIT ’01) is an artist/baker extraordinaire. This week I got her annual Thanksgiving comic in my inbox:

Dear friends,
May your Thanksgiving holiday be a *smashing* success, filled with family, friends, food, and fun!

You can learn more about Jennifer’s artistic and culinary adventures at leftunattended.com.

Looking for a little assistance this Thanksgiving? One place to check out is Instructables (a project of the MIT-alumni company Squid Labs), where there’s a DIY Thanksgiving group, including how to fry a turkey. But the awesomest Thanksgiving project has to be the gravy fountain:

what’s more excessive than a giant pie? recirculating fountains of food seemed like the obvious escalation. a custom peristaltic pump design powered by an electric drill provided a gushing torrent of delicious, piping hot gravy.

Have a great holiday, everyone.

8 responses to “Happy Thanksgiving!”

1. Anjanie says:

Happy TURKEY day! Eat loadz and be mellow! Ohw and that gravy setup is pretty cool!

2. Jon says:

wow that potato cartoon made me so happy, even partly because it is a cartoon whose subject is a potato. masterful.

and im so going to try and make a gravy machine now hahaha

happy thanksgiving matt!

3. Elizabeth says:

Thanksgiving was so awesome that I actually forgot for most of the day to count down—- 2 weeks, 1 day, and a sleepless Friday night to go!

4. Amy says:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone~!

5. bhushan says:

Hi! Matt,

1))Here how I mess uped I was having sat 1 in October but test center were closed(what collegeboard informed me) for November sat 2 i was not allowed to sit for exam as my country didn’t gave me passport yet(coz of their system fault) and i don’t know whether it will be ready by December so its clear that i will not be able to take tests due my country’s system fault but I have strong desire for MIT i have studied Physics, Chem, Maths much more deeper than collegeboard asks as I was preparing for IIT-JEE, you can check out me personally.
    are really tests required
    can’t I be directly admitted seeing my researches,
    was Einstein’s ability checked by some of stupid tests.please guide me I know you can

2))and please tell how can we confirm that supplemental material posted by us is recived by you

6. A gravy fountain….. mmmm. What about a “stuffing catapult”? Haha, sorry, it’s been years since I had a traditional Thanksgiving dinner (living in an LDC). sad.

Anyways, I have a question, Matt. There is only room for one math and one science SAT II’s. Can I put my World History score anywhere since history really is my favorite subject?

Einstein sought enrollment at the renowned Zurich Polytechnic but did not pass the entrance exam as a result of his poor French.