I Am Prepared! by Bryan

Getting ready for IAP! (Find out how to join our mystery hunt team, too!)

So here I am (still) in sunny southern California where people are mourning the loss of the crystal football ie The Rose Bowl. While I can’t say I’m the biggest fan of football, this was a great game, and the weather was a lot nicer for the football game than it was for the parade. I hope you had an umbrella, Mollie. (Yes, I decided to watch in on TV.)

So I leave California on Saturday morning to enjoy the wonders of IAP.

Title Link: I Am Prepared, get it? IAP… (it’s okay if you don’t want to laugh)

My primary mission is to start working on my new project in lab (to be blogged about later), but among other things, I’ll be enjoying some fun activities.

Some examples:
Extracurricular Research: Resources for Gossip, Entertainment News, and Consumer Information
Peter Cohn, Stephanie Hartman
Thu Jan 12, 12-1:00pm, 14N-132

Enrollment limited: first come, first served. Limited to 20 participants.

MIT has lots of resources for academic research but what about the crucial information we need in everyday life? Why is Demi Moore mad at Madonna? What did Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie order for lunch at an Edmonton eatery? Is a GE air conditioner better than a Panasonic? Are higher thread count sheets REALLY better? Come learn about databases to find answers to these questions, get access to music and entertainment magazines, radio and tv transcripts and more.

Mitra, this might help you confirm that Jon Stewart is hosting the Oscars.

Annual MIT Mystery Hunt
Reid Barton, Catherine Miller
Fri Jan 13, Sat Jan 14, Sun Jan 15, 12:15pm-??:00am

No limit but advance sign up required (see contact below)
Signup by: 15-Dec-2005
Single session event

Join us for the 2006 Mystery Hunt, the annual MIT puzzle and sleep-deprivation competition. Get together with friends to solve puzzles that will lead you to a coin hidden somewhere on campus. The hunt starts Friday at noon and ends when the coin is found, some days later.

Please sign up at the website. Lone hunters looking for a team can sign up as unattached hunters. New hunters always welcome.
Web: http://web.mit.edu/puzzle/
Contact: Catherine Miller,
[email protected]
Sponsor: Mystery Hunt

This is one of my favorite MIT events, hands down. And STAY TUNED to see how you can join our team “Too Much Clue” in some of the fun that weekend. If you’re interested in joining our team remotely, you can email me at [email protected].

I’ll try to keep everyone up to date with some of the IAP fun, and definitely email me if you’re interested in joining our team.

4 responses to “I Am Prepared!”

1. Jennifer says:

I live right near the rose bowl. I could see all the planes with banners and blimps from my house. And the streets were sooo crowded. stupid texas…. anyways I hope you liked so cal. i love it. sorry that you had to be here for the 2 days out of like 10 that it rains the whole year.

Chip: IAP isn’t mandatory for anyone, but sometimes it’s indirectly required (for example, all course 2 majors must take one course which is only offered over IAP).

3. Chip says:

Is IAP mandatory for students?

Umbrellas weren’t allowed in the stands — apparently you Southern Californians aren’t accustomed to torrential downpours.

I did, however, have both a snazzy Disneyland poncho and a pink raincoat.