Mar 28, 2005

In Real Life

For those of you who will be attending CPW, Matt and I are in the process of putting together a "Meet The Bloggers" party. Here's the description I just submitted to the events crew:

You've spent the last 6 months getting to know the admissions "bloggers" online. Come meet Matt, Ben, Daniel, Mitra, Allison, and Kevin in real life! There will be food (of course). Parents welcome. Computers not allowed! ;-)

The details: Saturday, 4/9, @ 8:15PM (between the a cappella show and the parties). It'll probably be in the Mezz lounge; hopefully I'll find out the definitive location sometime today.

Mark your calendars now!

*excitement* !!!

I've been reading these blogs since forever. Or you know, whenever they started. I'm really looking forward to meeting you guys. Ahh, what a nerdy concept. "meet the bloggers" haha

Posted by: Laura on March 28, 2005

hahaha can't wait to meet YOU BEN!
I've already met and dine with Matt and hanged out with mitra many times!

Posted by: nghi on March 28, 2005

That's hilarious. raspberry

However, March 9th was some weeks ago. (Read your post closely wink )

Posted by: Fabrice on March 28, 2005

ARGH! Fixed. grin Thanks Fabrice!

Posted by: Ben on March 28, 2005

What,
No computers?!?
What about our bots!!! :-(

raspberry

Posted by: Mike Axiak on March 28, 2005

NICE! I will so be there.

~Kelly

Posted by: Kelly on March 28, 2005

I will really miss the Party. I have been reading these blogs since last October or November. But unfortunately I was wait-listed and will not be able to attend CPW. (tears). I am just joking! I am very happy for every one of you.

Posted by: Niraj on March 28, 2005

I'm there.

Later,
Mike.

Posted by: Michael Borohovski on March 28, 2005

I updated my mit.axiak.net site!
Countdown to cpw: http://mit.axiak.net/

Posted by: Mike Axiak on March 28, 2005

HAHA! I'll try and pencil it into my busy schedule...

Just Kidding! I'll be there, unless I get lost along the way... that is if the small forest animals eat the trail of bread crumbs I leave.

AND SAD... Mike, I think Sexy Nerd Bot needs a day off (or three) don't you think? After all, I'm sure she's sick of playing "Spin the Bottle" with you!

Posted by: Katharine Chu on March 28, 2005

haha awesome...i'm there!

Posted by: Wendi on March 29, 2005

MIT rocks!!!!

its awesome, simply superb! I just saw the schedule of CPW events on the MyMIT and wow! AMAZING WEEKEND

and "Meet the Bloggers" will be a real treat for all of you; I regret my not being able to attend, I am right across the globe here in Pakistan but Ben! do post the pictures, we ll wait on our screens, Right!

Posted by: Saad Zaheer on March 29, 2005

I am with you Saad; even though I am in the US, I have a different story. But Ben, please post pictures of the "Meet the Bloggers" party and other events.

Posted by: Niraj on March 29, 2005

Ben, why do you always delete the music lyrics? I enjoy them

Posted by: Jonathan on March 29, 2005

Did MIT give the approval for some Upper Hand fun???
Nevertheless, I'll be there of course!

Posted by: Akash on March 29, 2005

Mike - that's awesome!!

Saad and Niraj - there will be a ton of pics, I promise!

Jonathan - because the poster isn't adding any context to give the lyrics relevancy... not to mention the copyright infringement issues wink

Akash - I have failed you. :-( We just couldn't find a space, and the battle of the bands that's happening over CPW is taking the glory. I'm totally sorry man. Maybe we can hook it up in the fall?

All - thanks for responding and I can't wait to meet you!

Posted by: Ben on March 30, 2005

Heh. A good plan to organize this, Ben-o. Otherwise you end up with prefrosh randomly coming up to you during CPW saying, "I read your blog!" Though there's a certain awesomeness to that as well... wink But, man, I can't help but feel like I'm totally missing [email protected]#$

Posted by: shazam on March 30, 2005

Ohhh it's quite ok. Battle of the Bands?!?!? Who's playing??? What's the lineup!

Posted by: Akash on March 30, 2005

Sorry Ben but I can't come to CPW. Geography sucks, doesn't it? raspberry

BTW make sure to post loads and loads of pictures!

Posted by: amrik on March 31, 2005

smile

Posted by: Frank on April 5, 2005