MIT student blogger Chris S. '11

It Ends Tonight, It Ends Tonight by Chris S. '11

On this evening / I give the final blow...

It all ends tonight.

Last 8.02 exam.
Last 14.01 pset.
Last 5.111 pset.
One all-nighter.
Wish me luck. ;)

The semester is really coming to an end!

Freshman year is almost finished…wow.

I’ll be back tomorrow (after I’m done with the exam and the two psets I have to do after the exam) to update this entry with an account of my academic adventures for this second semester!

Good luck on your AP exams, too! But don’t stress out too much about them. ;)

(just stress out about Physics C, Calc, and English – cuz you can pass out of stuff or not take the FEE (woot!) if you do well on those exams =p)

29 responses to “It Ends Tonight, It Ends Tonight”

I just pulled an all nighter last night….*is so tired*

GOOD LUCK!!!

Good luck! And if that weren’t enough – we’ve still got finals! wink

Also, this is one of my favorite songs ever. I see that my song-quoting tendencies are spreading… :D

5. Raina '12 says:

Good luck! You can do it smile
    APs end for me next Tuesday, so after that, senior year officially comes to an end in terms of work. Wow pretty much sums up the feeling!

6. Judy '12 says:

w000t for you Chris!

I took English today and man was it LONG! 3 ESSAYS!!!!

Anyways, just have Euro and Phys. M left

good luck! smile

thankfully I took calc two years ago….. now i must start stressing about ASEs!! AHHHHHHHHHHHhh

9. Jack says:

I am a student from chinese.As a matter of fact,I
    am eager to go to MIT,although that can be very
    tired studing at MIT.I study very hard now,and I
    hope I will have a cup of knowlege with you MIT-guys.

10. Jack says:

How many hours you should take to study?Is there
    anyone can tell me?

11. ::Sigh::

I totally got pwned by that Lit test today. Basically, multiple choice was cake, but the essays killed me. I couldn’t think X.X Looks like it’s the FEE for me >.>

On the other hand, I beasted Calc, which is awesome!

Just Physics to go now…

Anyone else getting ready for glorious physics?

@ Lauren –

I was in the exact same position as you last year. I didn’t take the June FEE, but then I figured I wouldn’t get my Lit score in time to register for the second FEE if I didn’t get a 5.

…so I caved in to the pressure and paid $8. I did end up getting a 5 though (and my paper scores came 3 days later – odd – the year before I waited almost a month past July 1), so I got to celebrate when other people were poring through that inch-thick of reading materials.

So IMO, up to you. I’d pay (because I’m just really bad at containing myself – I paid to hear scores every year). I don’t think it’s worth it to take the Orientation one though, because I think doing it with paper and pencil (although they probably won’t give you a very long test) will still suck because you have to write a lot (probably would be like taking AP Eng FRQ all over again).

13. @ Jack: Can’t wait to meet you! Next year will be fun. How long you study depends on you an how well you know the subject. Good Luck!
    @ Chris and everyone else:
    Have some happy all-nighters! Looking forward to a cram weekend for Physics B. I know any credit from it won’t even count at MIT, but one must know the basics, am I right?
    Meanwhile, I’m glad to learn that English credits can be counted. Praise da Lawd for Lit scores of 5…

14. Jihad Dib says:

It’s wonderful !! really your blogs people are sooo usefull !!! keep up the gr8 work !!!

15. senna '12 says:

Good luuuuuck!!! ^^

16. Aaron says:

PS to incoming:

Don’t worry about HASS lottery- you can get the profs to let you in to a class if you really want to take it (most won’t have a problem with that). The FEE was due the day after graduation for me and made graduation parties 15 minute stops in between readings (since I didn’t know yet my AP scores). So just enjoy graduation (if you’re sure you got a 5 or are just willing to wait to due the later FEE)

17. GK says:

all american rejects rock!

18. Lauren says:

Hehe yay no more stressing out on APs! Totally took English today… *hopehopehope* Still have three more though…

Question on English – the late FEE is in early July; I won’t have AP scores by then, most likely. Should I call and pay to get my scores to see if I got a 5? Or wait and if I didn’t get the 5 take the paper-and-pencil exam during orientation? Or _____insert other solution here____?

19. Max says:

Thanksfully I wont need to take AP Physics C and Calc til senior year. So wont need to worry bout that.. yet. Tomorrow though is my AP American History exam. Good thing it’s the only one. I never really understood why I took it since history isn’t my strong subject.. but oh well.

Good luck on your exam!

20. Minni says:

Hello,I am from Taiwan, wanting to apply MIT in the end of the year. I don’t know which subject in SAT II that I have to take, because in MIT web site there isn’t a clear direction. Does it means that I can take what I want to take?

can you write in reply?

21. Esaite says:

@ Chris

So, like everyone that visits this blog, I love MIT. I’ll be taking AP Chem, Computer Science AB, and Calc BC in addition to IB HL’s in English, Euro and Bio next year.

My school doesn’t offer Physics C, so should I study independently for the exam? Would that be wise?

@ Diana –
    Not having taken Physics is not that big of a problem. Plenty of people here haven’t taken physics coming here, and they still fit right in (you might just have to work a bit harder compared to the others who had more experience in physics).

@ Jack –
    Don’t worry too much about MIT. Work hard, yes, but also realize that there’s just so many people from China every year that it’s difficult to pick just a handful of these very excellent people. Good luck though, in pursuing this goal.

@ Minni –
    MIT requires you to take a Math and a Science SAT 2.

@ Esaite –
    Whether you should study independently for the exam depends on how comfortable you are with self-studying physics. You look like you have a pretty tough schedule going for you already, so I definitely wouldn’t put this as a priority. I do, however, recommend high school students to take Physics C if they anticipate coming to MIT, since 5’s on two sections of Physics C will let you place out of one of the physics requirements (which I think is useful and good). In a word, do what’s comfortable for you and what won’t drive you insane. smile

23. Diana says:

Hey!
    My name is Diana and I’m from Mexico…There’s 3 of us in my class who are willing to enter to MIT. We know that being admitted is hard, but you know, we’ve just got that bubbling-nerdy personality that’s fun and geeky at the same time smile we sooooo want to get in!!
    But….I DO have a problem
    I did not take physics in high school…because I’m in the IB program and I chose ecology instead. My question is…how hard is it gonna be if I do get in?

24. Diana says:

P.S: All American Rejects is greattt..I love that song!

25. Jack says:

@Diana:
    “There’s 3 of us in my class who are willing to enter to MIT”,I think you are very lucky,you know in china, you can never find a hight school
    which has three students can get offers from MIT.
    Thounds of students in china study from dawn to
    dust for pursuing a handfull of offers from MIT.

@E.Rosser:
    Thank you, your words so inspiring. I will
    try my best,study as hard as I can!

@Minni: Valid choices for the “Science” SAT II are Physics, Chemistry, and either of the two Biology exams.

28. Esaite says:

@ Chris

Sorry for the late reply: those darn AP exams! Thanks for the advice!

29. Esaite says:

@ Chris

By the way, what is up with Nance? He hasn’t posted a blog in ages!