Late Night by Snively '11

Dial-Up Users Beware!

It’s time for one of those “It’s late and I’m up, I should throw crap on the internet so I feel accomplished” moments. Are you ready? Can you handle it?

I’ve decided to post all of the YouTube videos that I’ve favorited since I’ve gotten here. “What does this have to do with MIT?”

Look, I saw all of these videos while attending here, meaning that something about the environment caused me to watch them. Also, many were shown to me by other students, so I’d say that the content matter of these videos is pretty much in line with the interest levels of MIT Blog Readers. That being said, enjoy!

First, and most importantly, Dan Sauza’s Gamer Ballad is a must watch. He performed it at the Conner 2 talent show tonight and rocked the house. Enjoy, and then go over to YouTube and rate it 5 stars. We’re going to turn this thing into a YouTube phenomenon, alright? I need your help though, push it to the top!

The Gamer Ballad

And now for the rest

15 responses to “Late Night”

1. JJJK says:

Muse is freaking awesome! Saw them last October in Helsinki, they were amazing…

2. jeff says:

Hey, you never blogged about steer roast. how was it?

3. KelseyK says:

*dial-up crashing*

Living in the boonies sucks. :(
    The dial-up will only load about a minute of video. Sadness.

4. Kevin Xu says:

AWESOME Snively. This is definitely another side of MIT we don’t get to see from an admissions officer. But they rock too!

It’s fairly normal for MIT students to start staying awake through times that they would’ve never seen in high school =D

6. Chris says:

wow, that is a lot of YouTube.

7. chris says:

AND I LOVE MUSE!

8. yukiko says:

isn’t it like…. 3 o’clock on the east coast??

funny videos btw..

Yes, it’s 3:23. I kinda just forgot to go to sleep.

10. yukiko says:

wow.. for you did it seem like every year you slept an hour later since high school?

Actually, no, I still like to go to bed at a reasonable hour, tonight is weird.

12. Tamara says:

Haha, I love the “We didn’t start the fire” one. I’ve seen it before, but it’s still amazing.

As for the pelican eating the pigeon, funny story. So I was in London, on a tour, and we get to that park. So the tour guide starts talking about how one year there were no fish in the lake and the pelicans were all starving, so I go “OMG, they started eating pigeons!! Someone showed me that video on youtube!” and kinda scared everyone. Apparently the news people flung a bunch of pigeons at them to get a good news story. Looks like it worked grin

13. man, Snively loves Youtube.

isn’t it kind of funny that you posted all these vids and had the warning “dial-up users beware” when you yourself have had to deal with a lot of dial-up related issues?

I showed the pigeon video to my boss at work. He watches a lot of YouTube when he’s supposed to be making me carry pancakes.

We actually found a 5 minute long version of it, where the pigeon fights to not get eaten for about 3 minutes, and the pelican looks rather content at eating a pigeon for the last minute. Definitely scarring.