Lip Sync ‘08 by Snively '11

Because I want . . . you . . . back

Sorry for not having posted recently. It’s gotten to the point where the work is completely overwhelming and any time not spent working is time that feels like it’s being wasted. As such, I decided to take most of Friday and all of Saturday completely off. Yes, that screws me for today, and possibly all of next week (Playsentations soon? Do we have a toy that is even close to being kinda done? Oh boy.) but there’s just too much that’s been going on not to blog about it. Seriously, you should have seen the campus the last two days, it was insanity. Third Eye Blind, Leeroy Jenkins, sunshiny weather, MTV promoting a concert, cell phone vendors hocking products, lot’s of bustle. Saturday evening most of the bustle had died down (except for “Banned in Boston” which had taken over Kresge auditorium and looked very fancy (free food and nice outfits) and I was heading back to the dorm. As I walked by the student center I saw a huge chalk message (not unlike the hundreds of chalk messages littering the campus) scrawled out on the wall screaming “AXO Lip Sync Saturday Night at 8!” I check my watch. 7:45pm. Oh why not.

I went over to Johnson ice rink, bought my tickets, and headed inside. More sorority girls than I had ever seen in my life! Seriously, I think most of them may have come. I chatted with some friends and hung out waiting for the show to start when Melis runs up to me.

Melis: “Snively, are you blogging this?”
My brain: *Hey! Melis is here, cool! She’ll probably want to blog this. Wait, what’s that yellow thing pinned to her shirt? That looks like the captain planet symbol. Why is she wearing . . . ooooooohhhh! She’s in AXO, I’ll get to see Melis dance! I should probably blog this.*
Me: “Absolutely I am!”

I settled down and waited for the show to start. Since Melis is a senior her role was a little different. She helped perform during the breaks between acts. It was quite the struggle between the power rangers and captain planet’s team (one that was really confusing and kind of strange from time to time) so I strung all the bits of it together for you to enjoy. With that, enjoy!

As the show went on there were Course 1 pre-Kindergarteners, Swimmers, Nu Deltas, EMTs, and all sorts of jumping, dancing, and syncing groups. A couple were kinda strange.

Towards the end they announced that Burton 1 would perform next.

*Dives for camera*

Who lives on Burton 1 everybody? If you consider yourself a blog stalker then you know the answer to this question. Without further ado, here’s Burton 1’s performance at the AXO 2008 Lip Sync.

In the end it was Nu Delta and the swim team who took the prizes home (lotso gift certificates) and every body chatted happily about all the ridiculous things they just witnessed.

I went back to the dorm after an extremely long day (details of which will be blogged shortly) and then crashed on the couch. And by crashed I mean I watched dramatic lemur a bunch of times,

concerned people in the lounge that I may be a complete lost cause on the internet, and then eventually went to bed. It was a good day, quickly to be squashed by the hellish workload that is the rest of the year. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to fill out all sorts of paperwork for my mandatory drug test for my Hasbro job. Ciao!

29 responses to “Lip Sync ‘08”

1. YEAH LIP SYNC!!!! get pumped for LIP SYNC 2009!!

2. Judy '12 says:

GO BURTON 1 !!!!!!

3. Melis says:

HAHA! SNIVELY! I get a montage??? Wow, if only my acting was worthy of your video editing skills. Thanks for blogging it!!!

The lemur video was the best. Lol…

5. Edgar says:

I didn’t know Jess possessed such dancing skills!

Thanks for the entry Snively, it was fun.

What about Lulu and me, rocking out onstage for the cheerleading squad?

Who was blogging that?

AHAHAHA that lemur video struck my brain in a strange way, and now I can’t stop laughing…

Mandatory drug test? Wow.

8. lulu says:

how do you put up videos, mollie?

do you have to upload to youtube first?

9. Tanmay '12 says:

Burton 1.

And well, the lemur’s too good! :D

10. Brandon says:

Snively, shouldn’t you be in 8.02 right now? You’re group is waiting for you.

11. Where ARE you? You missed the lab… :[

Lulu, that would be my bet — at least, that’s probably the easiest way to do it.

I think Rita’s video is better than mine, yes?

youtube, or upload it to your public and embed it, or really any other video sharing service..

14. chris '12 says:

The lemur video is great! I was going to e-mail that to you, but I was caught up in working this weekend. (I worked 48 hours straight. No joke)

Sounds like you’re as hosed as I am

Huh, wha — ?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Terrible Snively, missing classes =D

17. Lemur '12 says:

The Dramatic Lemur remix:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNB1TwldfHM&NR=1

rather startling at 3:00 AM…
    (rofl)^2

haha, awesome. I’m such a terrible dude with all my hair falling out.. thanks for taping us! smile

19. Judy '12 says:

I give the Lemur one a BIG LAWL

btw, Snively…missing lab time? tsk tsk raspberry

20. lucy says:

… the rest of us did not miss him during 8.02.

@Lucy
    Ouch, wtf?

Snively,
    I am an International Applicant and I would like to know when will I be receiving my Decision Letter which was mailed to me? Are the Not Admitted decision letter also sent by mail?

@Anonymous
    All decisions from March are mailed. If you haven’t received it yet then I think the mail goblins may have gotten it. Contact the admissions office via telephone or e-mail (both at the bottom of this page) and they may be able to help you out.

24. jeff says:

Yeah, I heard about steer roast online, and I’d like to know if it’s fun. I heard they got nirvana to play a long time ago. That’s amazing! To think that nirvana played at MIT!

Also, that’s not a lemur. It looks like a bush baby.

just FYI.
    /thread

25. snively, you’re falling behind, I’m finding these kinds of things online a month before you are…

This was actually inspired be “Dramatic Chipmunk” (yes, it actually is a prairie dog, but nobody seems to care.):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Y73sPHKxw

Also, look what I found on Uncyclopedia:
    http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Image:Harvard_shield-PO.png

26. jeff says:

Hello duketipquantumelephants.
    Um…the “dramatic chipmunk” has been around since at least last term, possibly last summer.

27. Ed Base says:

Hi,

So I was wondering if you could post about steer roast. I heard it was really cool and fun so I’d like to see more about it on the blogs since I couldn’t be there. Thanks!

28. @jeff
    I know, but considering that it has (only:) 8 million hits, there are still many people who might not have seen it. Even among blog-reading MIT applicants.