MIT student blogger Keri G. '10

Mattress Dominoes! by Keri G. '10

One of many reasons why my summer is better than yours.

For those of you who don’t remember or are new here (or don’t care about what I have to say all that much – there, I covered everyone!), I’m spending the summer as an RTA for the Center for Talent Development at Northwestern University, an intensive three-week academic program for gifted students. There are two sessions each summer; I was the TA for Neuroscience first session, and this time around I’m working with AP Physics. Physics is awesome and all, but that’s not what I’m here for right now. Neither are brains, really, but they’re at least marginally related to this post.

My Neuroscience class had 17 students who are pretty much the best people ever. (Don’t argue. I’m right.) I have fantastic evidence to back up my argument, too.

There’s a video on CollegeHumor of some students playing mattress dominoes, which involves… well, you’ll see it. My class made their own version of the video last week when I was away from the floor for approximately two seconds, and it’s pretty great.

That’s all I’ve got for you today. Back to the living and the learning and all that.

23 responses to “Mattress Dominoes!”

FIRST!

YES!

No, I’m first!

3. Chris M. says:

Whatever, I was first! You just got lucky in the refresh.

Shut up, I’ll cut you!

5. Chris M. says:

I’ll cut you FIRST! just like I posted FIRST!

You’re already cut. That’s right, while you were busy bragging about cutting, you were lying there cut.

I’m better at teh webernets and u sux0rz

lolz

7. Alex says:

Holy crap, that was awesome!

8. Anon says:

@ Snively and Chris

How’s California?

9. Keri says:

Dear Chris and Snively,

I really hate you both.

Kisses,

Keri

lol at snively/chris

I REALLY WANT TO PLAY MATTRESS DOMINOES NOW!!

11. Deepak says:

here i am!

12. Deepak says:

Here I am!!

13. Liz ('14?) says:

lol – that is epically awesome.

14. navdeep says:

awesome vid keri …thx for posting it

15. Keri, did you get to go to Bremen, Germany to represent your country, after going on a 7-night cruise? Did you come within stalking distance of Terrence Tao and Arthur Engel? Did Christian Reiher give you and your teammates his e-mail address?

DID YOU SOLVE THE RIEMANN HYPOTHESIS IN YOUR SLEEP??

I DID.

Ok, maybe not that last one.

16. Keri,

I know, I was just showing that my summer comes arbitrarily close to yours. raspberry

17. Keri says:

José –

I still win.

18. divyansh says:

awesome video

19. Aj says:

Hey Keri Nice Vid..
    @navdeep :
    Hi Bro Heard You Applying This Me To Applying This YEar Contact Me ASAP
    [email protected]

I AM FIRST!! NO ARGUING…if you do, ill call sarah palin to helicopter hunt you.

21. phejuafrans says:

Pharmacy With Shipping Online Overnight Pharmacy With Shipping Online Overnight

22. wendi says:

Wow, that looks amazingly fun.
    I want to do that too! :D
    -goes off in search of potential victims-