MIT student blogger Bryan O. '07

May the Force Be With You by Bryan

Use the "mass times acceleration" wisely my friend.

So tonight, I’m going to watch my friend Timmy ’06 and the rest of the MIT Musical Theatre Guild put on Star Wars: The Musical. I’m kind of excited being a Star Wars fan and all. I’ll give my review of the performance tomorrow, but for now, I leave you with probably one of the most interesting things I’ve seen done with butter in a very long time.

Yes, that’s Darth Vader and Yoda carved out of butter. I wonder where they found a cow that big.

7 responses to “May the Force Be With You”

1. Diana says:

every year at the minnesota state fair, the princess (the girls competing to be miss kay of the milky way) have to sit in a fridge for most of one day while their faces are carved into a huge block of butter. (http://news.minnesota.publicradio.org/features/2003/08/25_newsroom_buttersculpture/)

where were these star wars butter sculptures?

2. Bryan says:

Hey Diana,

I got the butter sculptures from this site http://xo.typepad.com/blog/2005/10/1000lb_butter_s.html

1,000lb Butter Sculpture Of Darth Vader And Yoda

“Each year at the Tulsa State Fair, an artist is commissioned to make a sculpture out of butter. In past years, cows, farmers, and baseball players were created out of hundreds of pounds of butter. This year, in celebration of Star Wars’s final episode, TSF is featuring Darth Vader and Yoda, all dairy-like.”

– Bryan

3. Oh my, isn’t all that carving a waste of food? Or do they find some way to reuse the butter in a “sustainable” manner?

4. Stephanie says:

Star wars was amazing!

-Stephanie

is that really butter?

Yoda’s ears look like they should have fallen off by now

6. April says:

mad skills…that’s all i can say…someone has mad skills

7. Linda says:

Those are amazing!! I’m really into musicals- I’ve been in several and I love going to the theater-

I would apply just to be able to see that. Part I is already in… eek. Eek.

Butter. I have seen stranger things, but still, that is utterly amusing.