MIT staff blogger Kris Guay

Missing Documents Deadline by Kris Guay

check your MyMIT account now

Hi all-

I’m taking a break from reading applications to give our Regular Action applicants a quick update.

As of today, we have finished processing all mail and loaded everything into our system. If you have applied to us Regular Action, please log into MyMIT and confirm your application tracking is complete. We just emailed everyone who is missing one or more components so you may have received a direct message from us. If you have missing components, don’t panic. We have not yet begun to review partial applications, and we never make admissions decisions unless we have enough information to make an informed decision.

All missing components must be received by:

Tuesday, January 28, 5pm Eastern Time 

Please ONLY FAX to:
1-617-687-9184

And here's some other important info:

• Do not send your missing components by mail! If your school uses Docufide/Parchment, you may request that your Guidance Counselor send (or resend) the missing materials via that service. (Again, even if it shows as previously received on Parchment, if it's not showing up on your MyMIT tracking page, there was likely some kind of issue; please resend it.).

• Only send your missing documents once; sending duplicate copies will only slow the processing of your documents.

• Be aware that if your tracking page says you are missing the "Secondary School Report and Transcript", you're probably missing an official transcript. If this is the case, it's best to send us both if you can, but the transcript is the more important one for us.

• We do not track supplemental or optional materials on MyMIT. Sorry. Know that we will primarily be relying on the required materials in the admissions process, and those materials can be tracked on MyMIT.

• Due to the volume of documents we expect to receive, documents may take 2-4 business days to process upon receipt before they appear as completed on your MyMIT tracking page. In the meantime, please do not call our office to track completion of your application (that's what your MyMIT tracking page is for!), as it will slow down the processing of documents.

• Remember that the February Updates and Notes from is due February 15, 2014. For more information and FAQs about this form, read this blog post

Back to reading now!