MIT student blogger Mollie B. '06

Not an actual entry by Mollie B. '06

Warning: I am apparently in a run-on sentence/overuse of parenthetical statements mood today.

*Warning: I am apparently in a run-on sentence/overuse of parenthetical statements mood today.*

Although I’m back in Boston for the moment, I’m kind of running around because I’m jet-lagged like crazy (Adam and I took the red-eye from LAX to Boston — the flight leaves LA at 9:30 PM and gets into Boston at 6 AM. Come on, that’s just evil.) but I’m still supposed to be leaving for Maine in 25 minutes. I haven’t decided yet whether or not I’m going to repack or whether I’m just going to take my Ohio/California suitcases to Maine. (Yes, I took 2 suitcases home. My excuse is that I had to haul the Christmas presents I bought for my family, but in reality I am just an overpacker.)

Adam’s dad is driving Adam and me up to their family’s condo at Sunday River in Maine (because Adam is the baby of the family and his mommy won’t let him drive to Maine in the winter), and I am spending three glorious days of complete vacation (omg so many books to read) before hauling myself out to the mountain to watch Adam’s ski competition. Our friends Mark ’07 and Jay ’08 are coming up on Friday night, too.

California was fun, although it was RAINING TORRENTIALLY during the entire Rose Parade (if you saw it on TV, trust me, it was raining harder than it looked). My brother still had a blast, though. (I’ll put a picture of me and my bro on later to embarrass him, but the picture is on my parents’ camera.) We went to Disneyland on Sunday, at which Adam had too much fun being a pirate. Our friend Mark ’07 (who is also coming to Maine) lives in Orange County, so he a) drove us and my two high school best friends around on New Year’s and b) came to Disneyland with us.

Oh dear, Adam’s dad is at the Braintree split — I need to, like, get dressed.

Comments
1. I am willing to bet that Bryan and Jennifer didn’t go to the Rose Parade. Unless they like pain. And blinding rain.

2. Maybe someday I’ll provide a full primer on the quasi-southern Ohio accent I allegedly possess.

3. I should amend my statement that Adam makes more than his mom to say that Adam would make more than his mom working at Draper, if he didn’t have to do that pesky school thing during the school year and could work 40 hours a week all year. He has a really cool video of a helicopter he designed and is currently testing by dropping it off the Green Building (it’s supposed to be able to be dropped from a plane to bring supplies to people, ie soldiers in the field), but I’ll have to find out whether he’s allowed to post it on the internet or whether he could tell you but have to kill you or whatnot.

4. Timur CHEATED and is using his laptop in the shower without the water running. I actually use my laptop when I’m actually in the bath getting squeaky clean!

8 responses to “Not an actual entry”

1. Timur Sahin says:

Well, I can’t exactly post a picture of me completely naked in the shower onto a public blog, now can I? :D

Although if that is the proof you require, it shall be done!

2. Chris says:

Hey Mollie,

I was wondering how you spent your summers. Did you stay at MIT to do research? Or did you apply to other summer programs, like REUs? Thanks…

3. Chris says:

Hey Mollie,

4. s says:

Oh dear! All this computer talk makes me nervous. Is it NECESSARY for a student to be computer-proficient to do well at MIT? I’m good at Math and I can write computer programs but everytime I work on one, something always goes wrong. (in short, it crashes).

BTW, I’d like to see you dressed up as a pirate too. smile)

5. Anna Park says:

I took the red eye flight from Los Angeles to Boston too this summer when I went to visit the one and only……MIT! :D

My flight was horrible as well seeing that the TV above my head illuminated much hated light.

6. Holy, I didn’t realize you all use laptops *while* showering. Gee, the best I did was to use it while I was doing major business on the toilet bowl. Then again, I keep my notebook plugged into the power socket most of the time, so there’s not much issue over my notebook PC not being a portable in the first place.

7. Jennifer says:

I camped out at the rose parade. Gosh we were completely dry until the parade started- i swear. Then it started pouring. We left like 3/4 through the parade and came and watched it at my house. i’m so amazed at how those people can march through the rain, it was pouring and freezing, etc.

So have you heard from any grad schools yet?