Nothing beats a wet beaver! by Sam M. '07

Except, in this case, a wet Iona. Pictures!

A-woo-hoo!

Since the last entry was such a frickin’ saga (tm Betsy Hahn 1999) of hardcore text, I thought you’d like to look at some pictures of the band too. These were taken at last Saturday’s men’s water polo game against Iona. I mean, it’s kind of hard to take pictures at 1 AM while you’re marching all over campus. For the sake of brevity, I will limit myself to 12 words in each caption.

By the by, the entry title is actually the MIT women’s water polo motto, I believe. I hope the men’s team doesn’t take offense.

band.jpg

In the stands! Clockwise: Bill ‘??, Kim ’09, Spam ’07, Caroline ’08, Ken ‘G, Michael ’09, Diana ’08, Matt ’09.

score.jpg

Shortly before Iona scored the game-winning sudden death double overtime point. Curses!

music.jpg

I had the brilliant idea to play this, little did I know…

snow.jpg

…Mother Nature would actually oblige. The next day, it was 68 F outside.

food.jpg

People randomly give us free food! Nobody doesn’t like that, I think.

room.jpg

Building community through pork barbecue, macaroni’n’cheese, potato salad, and black beans.

Bye!

5 responses to “Nothing beats a wet beaver!”

1. Clark Poland says:

I bet you get twice as much traffic just because of the title of this entry.

2. You can get barbecue in Massachusetts? Hmm… I bet you can’t get the sweet tea though.

3. Ruth says:

Sweet tea is good, and Arizona Iced Tea and Carter ’07 make very good sweet tea available in Cambridge, but part of leaving your comfort zone for college is discovering new things, like Thai Iced Tea, which blows the pants off Southern sweet tea.

Umm…isn’t it Kim ’09? She’s in my advising seminar. Crazy kid. Just saying.

Go marching band!!!