MIT student blogger Snively '11

I should NOT be writing this right now because I have a ton of other work to do (let me rephrase that. . . .AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!)

This is just a quick update on how life is for me right now (that’s what these blogs are for, right? These are supposed to give you an inside look as to what your next year of school may look like). I have two psets due tomorrow (halfway through with each), I UROP from 2 to 6 today, after which I have to run to Target and go shopping for pants and for toy design stuff. Then I run back to the dorm, finish my psets and study for my seminar.

Tomorrow I have class at 9 AM until 4:30 PM, at which point I go back to my dorm and begin my 18.03 pset. I have no idea what’s going on in that class, this pset will take ~forever. I need to finish it before Thursday though because . . .

On Thursday I have a 9 AM recitation and then I meet my prefrosh Chris ’12 for CPW! In theory, by this point in time, I will be done with all psets (this is just a theory). I’ll spend the middle of my Thursday doing random stuff for CPW and then I UROP from 2 until 6. After UROP I am entrenched in CPW stuff for the rest of the weekend (Burton-Conner activities, Meet the Bloggers, hosting, working, etc)

So that’s my week. I need to get back to 2.001 now, hopefully I can finish it before 2? Ha, doubtful, but here’s to hope.

28 responses to “Oh Wow”

1. Chris '12 says:

It would’ve been great to be both your prefrosh and first to comment, but oh well. CPW here i come!

Snively-Mills FTW!

2. Aditi says:

good luck with the psets!

Are you hosting anyone for cpw?

3. Aditi says:

I’m BLIND :S

Chris you are the luckiest creature on the planet ! you better blog EXTENSIVELY about cpw

4. Piper '11 says:

Have you declared yet? =D

5. Good Luck, Snively! You can do it, we believe in you!
    And I’m jealous of the prefrosh who gets to spend CPW with you! wink
    See you hopefully this weekend!!!

6. Karen '12 says:

Whooo pants! I also need to go shopping. That should be a CPW activity – going to Target because I don’t have time to do anything while I’m at home.

Yay for checking MIT blogs when I should probably be working on that pile of homework that’s due tomorrow before my flight leaves smile Good luck with everything!

7. Lauren '12 says:

I think alot of us are going to be in a similar (though maybe less intense) boat, especially with APs coming up. I have a ton of hw to do so that i’m not THAT behind my classes on Monday, AND i still have to start packing before i leave on thursday morning…>.I think alot of us are going to be in a similar (though maybe less intense) boat, especially with APs coming up. I have a ton of hw to do so that i’m not THAT behind my classes on Monday, AND i still have to start packing before i leave on thursday morning…>.<

two days to CPW!!!!! (the countdown continues)

8. Lauren '12 says:

Omg I just read this entry, was scrolling through the comments, and jolted for a second when I saw at the bottom another Lauren ’12, heh. Apparently there’s another Lauren ’12 who comments on the blogs! Hi Lauren! I’m Lauren ’12 too! I definitely didn’t know there was another Lauren on these blogs, and you freaked me out for a second, heh. (“Did I read this entry and comment on it already and not remember?”)

…Anyway……

See you at CPW then probably! Good luck with all of your psets and everything!

9. Lauren '12 says:

LOL!!! at my old school, there were three ‘Lauren’s in my grade ^_^ maybe our name will snag the ‘most popular girl’s name for 2012’

10. kayla '12 says:

!!!
    !!!
    !!!
    !!!
    CPW YESSSS!

11. Judy '12 says:

oh LAWL… pants >.oh LAWL… pants >.<

Anyways, I was scrolling though the huge list of activities and something caught my eye:

BUBBLE WRAPPED WALLS @ RANDOM HALL!!!!!

I have this thing with bubble wrap, just like Finding Nemo’s Bubbles (the fish) with his little blub blub bubbles of joy from the treasure chest in the fish tank.

I love those crazy little ideas for CPW… ohhhh, I’m sooooo excited (ok, now I’m gonna go pack)

12. Raina '12 says:

I think this week is the most productive one I’ve ever had since the beginning of high school XD Who knew that doing homework actually makes time go faster… O.o

Eeek! A little over a day left!

13. Jeremy says:

IT’S THE FI’ NAL COUNT’ DOWN!!! Dun dunanana, danananana…! *music plays in the background*

14. José P. says:

How come nobody has mentioned that Junot Díaz won a Pulitzer? :O

15. Paul says:

@Jeremy: I. LOVE. THAT. SONG.

Whoever you are, your coolness level just shot up in my book.

16. Omar '12 says:

CPW in two days! I’m so excited. Snively are you helping out with the BC capture the flag thing at 1am? I totally want to do that.

Question: I am flying alone to CPW and arriving in Boston in the early morning (5 am). My parents are concerned with my safety, and do not want me to take the T. Are there transportation shuttles that can take me to campus early? If so, who would I contact to make the arrangements?

@Anonymous
    There won’t be shuttles that early. Your best bet is a cab, a good book, and lounging in the student center or on a column in Lobby 7.

19. Oasis says:

@ Anonymous –

You can wait around in the airport until the MIT shuttles start running or just take the taxi.

Not to defy your parents, but I must remark that the T is remarkably safe. Boston is not a big city and the subway is actually pretty well-kept in terms of other mass transit systems in America. There aren’t homeless people hounding you for change (as in NYC) nor does it look decrepit and run-down (as in Philly). In fact, I take the T around midnight sometimes and there’s definitely no question of safety.

20. Chelsea says:

@Jeremy: Awww that post made my day! I was in the band at my school and that was the second to last song we played every Friday night at the football games! Haha sorry for the randomness, I’m just kinda a loser and seeing it made me smile.

What is UROP
    ….e-mail

@Jose P
    Patience . . .

23. José P. says:

ping “Patience” . . .

error!

I know an entry will appear sometime in the future; I just thought one of the commentators would have spoiled the ‘surprise’ by now. XD

Bonne chance on your psets! raspberry

@Chelsea, my marching band played that song every Friday night for a semerster too, so your not alone in your awesome bando geekiness. Awesome references and music FTW. Congrats to everyone going to CPW, I wish I were a senior dammit! Thanks Snively for another great post during such times of uberstress.

25. andi says:

i wanna know about hoe to get admission for m.tech in mit .
    I also want to know about scholarship ,& placement of m.tech student.
    what about fees ofr m.tech

26. andi says:

what about fees ofr m.tech

27. andi says:

my email i d is [email protected]

i m indian