One and one and one is three by Sam M. '07

Haha, it tells me to write an excerpt. This whole entry is an excerpt.

It was a music-filled, and unfortunately not work-filled-enough weekend for me, as I scored free BSO tickets courtesy of MIT… but that’s a story for another day. For now, here are three excerpts from conversations in my life over the past few days. As my beloved high school friend Shana once said,

I like excerpts. They’re like snapshots of some element of my life, and when you look at them, you can see one static little window and try to guess what’s just outside the contextual frame. I wish I had some more excerpts from stuff to post here.

Regarding Handel’s “Messiah”:

Sam’s Mom: “Does it have ‘He Laveth?'”
Sam: “No, that’s from ‘Elijah.'”
Sam’s Mom: “He doesn’t laveth the thirsty land?”
Sam: “No… He shall purify, He shalt break them, He hath borne our griefs and carried our sorrows…”
Sam’s Mom: “…He hath waged cruel wars.”
Sam: “Well, I hope He hath not.”

Washing dishes…

Mitra: “Did you know anorexia is genetic?”
Sam: “No.”
Mitra: “They learned it in 7.012 today.”
Sam: “Oh.”
Mitra: “Diarrhea is genetic, too.”
Sam: “What the…?”
Mitra: “It runs in your genes.”

Sitting in Lobby 10 with Ruth ’07, contemplating buying an IVMIT candygram to support a missionary trip to the Dominican Republic.

Matt: “Hey! Are these benches new?”
Sam: “I don’t know… I’ve never sat in Lobby 10 before. What are you up to?
Matt: “Rejecting people.”
Sam: “Oh. Admitting any?”
Matt: “Yeah, a few, I guess. Well, I’ve got to go get something in my stomach. Bye!”
Sam: “Later!”
Ruth: “You should blog that.”

Don’t worry, you crazy kids.

5 responses to “One and one and one is three”

1. Ruth says:

Anorexia actually runs in my family, but so does cooking green beans in bacon fat, deep frying all your meat, and an aversion to vegetables. Go figure.

2. April says:

AAAAAAAAAAAH >_<