Decisions

Dec 17, 2011

Open Thread: Admitted in Early Action.

Congratulations and welcome to the class of 2017!

This is what you look like right now:

Go ahead and introduce yourselves :)

THANK YOU FOR ADMITTING ME TO MIT EA!!

Posted by: happy on December 17, 2011

Hey fellow MIT-ers!! Congrats! I'm SO EXCITED! Where are you guys from?

Posted by: Emily Shorin on December 17, 2011

you might as well get acquainted with most mit student's favorite procrastination sites.

reddit (dot) com (slash) r (slash) mit
mitfml (dot) com
isawyou (dot) mit (dot) edu

Posted by: Get ready on December 17, 2011

Congratulations, everyone smile

Posted by: Piper '13 on December 17, 2011

WOOHOO! Thank you MIT for deeming me worthy! I look forward to seeing all of you guys in Boston next year :D

Posted by: Tony Di Blasi on December 17, 2011

one of the best moments of my life. i took a screen shot of the decision page :D

Posted by: Marian Heman-Ackah on December 17, 2011

Thank you MIT for accepting me! I called my mom and she started crying. I spent 20 minutes after the decision was posted trying to get myself to look, and I'm so happy now.

To answer Emily's question, I'm from Colorado.

Posted by: Paco Holguin on December 17, 2011

Hey guys! (: this is so exciting lol

Any news on when we'll be receiving some cylindrical mail?

Posted by: Tobi on December 17, 2011

Hi. I'm Gita. I'm from California. Christmas here may be red due to strong winds and brush. How sad. I can't wait to actually feel like it's winter. Hi guys. Nice to virtually meet you.

Posted by: Gita on December 17, 2011

congrats everyone!!! :D can't wait to get the tube

Posted by: Jean on December 17, 2011

It feels great to be here everyone, even if it is just a comment thread smile

Posted by: Ruben Amaez on December 17, 2011

Hey everyone!

Congrats to all (including myself)! I'm from Long Island, NY and I can't wait to see you all in Boston next fall!

So exciting!

Posted by: Lexi on December 17, 2011

I'm dazed that I was admitted! Gosh, this is amazing, and I congratulate every other people reading this post!!

Posted by: Danny on December 17, 2011

I'm so happy!!! Congratulations everyone! smile

Posted by: Chelsea Levy on December 17, 2011

AAAAAHHHH!!!! I'm so excited!! ATL, represent :D

Posted by: Grace Assaye on December 17, 2011

Congratulations everyone! I'm so happy and so excited to meet all of you! I was sitting on a couch and I actually fell over when I read the first line. Squee!

Posted by: Sarah Anne Coe from NJ on December 17, 2011

Congratulations Everyone! We did it!

Posted by: Areen on December 17, 2011

WOOT! Oh my gosh I got in! AHH! I'm so excited! Congrats to the other acceptees! I can't wait to see you all at CPW! OMG I'm getting a tube AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH I can't believe it!

Posted by: Erin on December 17, 2011

Grace, I'm from Georgia too! (not Atl, though. Lol) SQUEEE!

Posted by: Erin on December 17, 2011

YESSS 2016s!! Now us '15s are no longer the babies around here. Congrats!

Posted by: Miren '15 on December 17, 2011

Congratulations to all! I hope to see you all soon! Best Christmas gift ever!

Posted by: Erin on December 17, 2011

SO EXCITED

Hi all! I'm Megan. I'm from New Mexico.

Congrats everyone! Can't wait to meet you all (and get my cylindrical mailing).

I refuse to close the decisions page. Too exciting.

Posted by: Newton on December 17, 2011

Congrats everyone! I'm from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Posted by: Ari on December 17, 2011

Congratulations everyone, I'm so excited! Iowa here! smile

Posted by: Josh Beal on December 17, 2011

Hello my fellow 2016'ers, I'm Derik. From Boise, Idaho. Can't wait to meet up with all you in Boston.

Posted by: Derik on December 17, 2011

Congratulations, all of you! I hope you enjoy MIT next year, and hopefully I'll be seeing you there... we'll see if the RD cycle goes better for me than EA. smile

Posted by: Heather on December 17, 2011

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

Posted by: future classmate? on December 17, 2011

@derik
No way! I'm from Boise too!! What a small world.

Posted by: Lauren on December 17, 2011

Hi All, Congrats with your acceptance.
Will someone who get accepted share about the achievements? Essay?
Thanks.

Posted by: John Thompson on December 17, 2011

Chicago anyone?

Posted by: Andrew on December 17, 2011

Congrats, everyone! Be sure to come to CPW, even if you're pretty sure that you'll be going to school here.

Also, I don't suppose there's anyone from Massachusetts (specifically, the Metrowest area) who got in?

Posted by: Emad T. '14 on December 17, 2011

Hi everyone! I'd just like to congratulate everyone! I knew this day would be one of the best ever or one of the worst ever--and I'm proud to say that it has been the best! I'm from Massachusetts (South Shore) and I look forward to meeting everyone!!!

Posted by: Lexi S on December 17, 2011

Oh my gosh! Congrats everyone! MIT admissions team, thank you for all of your hard work!
I'm from Colorado and I am sooooo excited to be accepted! I cannot wait to meet everyone!

Posted by: Lindsey B on December 17, 2011

I apply RA but still, it's wonderful your happiness.Gosh...It has to be wonderful.

Guys, I am wondering if can answer few of my questions.
I'm international. I'm extremely pasioned about computers but the truth is that grades have never been important for me. I'm not best in school, I don't have awesome GPA, I haven't win any contests, I don't have 800 at SAT.
But I'm really involved in programming. I've already written few computer games and I two of my games were published in shops. Do you think it is worth something? And also, I think my essay is great...

If anyone want to share his experience, please write on skype: moriquendi93

Posted by: Moriquendi on December 17, 2011

@Ari: I'm Philly, too!!! This is gonna be great smile

Posted by: Ash on December 17, 2011

Great job everyone! Go nuts tonight!

I'm from Scotland and will hopefully be at the CPW. See you all there!

Posted by: MichaelH on December 17, 2011

I'm so thankful to God right now for His favor. Look forward to seeing you guys at CPW! Now back to reality. smile

God bless,
Josh

Posted by: Josh on December 17, 2011

Congrats everyone!!
I'm Aaron from South Texas. I cannot wait to spend the next four, grueling years with you all.
MIT Class of 2016!

Please, feel free to email me and introduce yourself. I would love to get acquainted.
[email protected]

Posted by: Aaron on December 17, 2011

thank you so so so much. i haven't cried in a very long time. askdhjfaskdhfaskjdhfaklsjdhfaksjdhf. i really....this is unreal and i cant thank you guys at admissions enough. with all of your constant blog posts calming our nerves and helping us maintain our sanity through this nerve wracking process....mit <3 you forever.

also: hi guys! i'm from the philippines but a us citizen! was wondering if any admissions officer could tell me if you guys will still mail a tube over here? chris?

Posted by: lynn on December 17, 2011

@Moriquendi: Don't worry! Just put all your effort in the application smile I am international as well. I am a Palestinian American, so i got the chance to apply early and fortunately got in. Although I have a high GPA, i dont have 800's on my SAT's neither did i build a robot, but I am very passionate about a lot of things and that gave me a chance to get in MIT. Hopefully it will get you in too! GOOD LUCK!

Posted by: Areen on December 17, 2011

@Lauren

Really! Sweet:) What school do you go to? Shoot me an email: [email protected]

Posted by: Derik on December 17, 2011

Now that I washed off the dancingcryingsingingyellingrunningbeaming sweat:

Hi!! I'm Anastassia, Russian-born, but I'm from MIAMI, BEACH. :D
Can't wait to see/meet/hug/rejoice with you during the CPW!

Posted by: Anastassia Bobokalonova on December 17, 2011

MIT 2016 #LETSGOOOOO

smile

Posted by: Jeremy on December 17, 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-64CaD8GXw

Posted by: Jeremy on December 17, 2011

hey guys, I was defered. do you think you could post some stats to figure out why?
i have a 34 act, 780 chem, 800 math sat, run triathlons, play a varsity sport, have a 4.13 gpa, wrote my essays very articulately , and still got defered..

Posted by: aaron on December 17, 2011

Congratulations all, I'm wicked excited to see everyone! @Lexi, I'm from the Massachusetts South Shore area too! @Marian ... WTP forever!

Posted by: Maggie R. on December 17, 2011

Congrats everybody! I can't wait to meet you all at CPW!

Posted by: Manita on December 17, 2011

@Marian, @Maggie:
WTP represent!!!!

Posted by: Aish on December 17, 2011

CONGRATS TO YOU ALL!
just wondering... how many got this message in their letter?

"You stood out as one of the most talented and promising students in one of the most competitive applicant pools in the history of the Institute. Your commitment to personal excellence and principled goals has convinced us that you will both contribute to our diverse community and thrive within our academic environment."

Posted by: K on December 17, 2011

Congratulations guys! What Emad said--if you can, come to CPW, even if your heart is already set on MIT; you won't regret it.

Also, holler Paco, Lindsey, and other Colorado admits!

Posted by: Tom R. '14 on December 17, 2011

MIT Class of 2016 Facebook Page!

Posted by: Stephen on December 17, 2011

OH HAPPY DAY!!! Thank you so much MIT admissions. Congrats to everyone that was admitted, and best of luck to anyone that was deferred. I hope to meet you all at CPW and over the next four years!
THIS IS AWESOME

Posted by: ErwinH on December 17, 2011

Calling out from South Korea!

Thanks MIT for accepting me and all the other wonderful students in my year! Congrats to everyone!

Posted by: eurah on December 17, 2011

CONGRATS EVERYBODY!! Can't wait to meet all of you at CPW!!

are we gonna get tubes in the mail? i want onnee!!

Posted by: Judy on December 17, 2011

I'm so excited! Shouting out from Colorado right now! I can't wait to meet everyone in the class of 2016!!

Posted by: Kristen on December 17, 2011

This is so awesome and surreal- it hasn't sunk in yet that I actually got accepted! Congratulations everyone! (I'm from Massachusetts, just north of Boston)

Posted by: Laura on December 17, 2011

"Congratulations, all of you! I hope you enjoy MIT next year, and hopefully I'll be seeing you there... we'll see if the RD cycle goes better for me than EA."
Posted by: Heather on December 17, 2011
^ Basically this.
Congratulations to all of you. You must be a really remarkable group of students. Hopefully when March rolls around I'll be among the lucky few EA deferred folk who get admitted RD.
Again, congrats folks. Go be a fantastic Class of '16. smile

Posted by: Michael B, NJ on December 17, 2011

My name is Ronald, from San Antonio. I'm just glad to have my adrenaline levels back to normal smile

Posted by: Ronald on December 17, 2011

Best day of my life! :D

I'll have to get used to the cold, moving from Florida though.

Posted by: Katherine on December 17, 2011

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE !!! This is so unreal. I look forward to meeting all of you next year -- thanks so much MIT!
(Also, I'm pumped for that cylindrical information... :D)

I'm a Metrowest Massachusetts admit also !

Posted by: Caitlin on December 17, 2011

Anyone from Ventura County (or nearby city) in California?

And congrats to everyone!!!

Posted by: E on December 17, 2011

I'm Fernando Ruiz from Miami, FL
Congrats everyone! Can't wait until next year!
Anyone else from Miami?

Posted by: Fernando Ruiz on December 17, 2011

I can't believe I got in!!!!! I was so nervous my math and science SATs weren't high enough. I'm so happy!
Can't wait to see you all in April!

Posted by: Kate T. on December 17, 2011

This is a dream come true and I can't quite believe it yet but... congratulations everyone, I can't wait for next year! Who else is excited for the cylindrical material...

Posted by: Caroline '16 on December 17, 2011

SO EXCITED to be admitted to MIT! I can't wait to meet everyone! I can not believe this is happening!!! I will be waiting expectantly by the mailbox for my cylindrical material.

Happy tidings from Bradenton, Florida! CONGRATULATIONS!

Posted by: Matthew Davis on December 17, 2011

I'm Luther Banner from St. Louis, can't wait to see u guys at CPW! It's a dream come true I'm sure for all of us. It's good to see all the hard work pay off for not just me, but for all of us.

Posted by: Luther Banner on December 17, 2011

EVERYONE, make sure you join the MIT CLASS OF 2016 Facebook group. Roth now! It will give us all a chance to meet one another and see who is in our class before CPW. Thanks!

Posted by: Derik on December 17, 2011

Im from Boston so its going to be a pretty long trip! raspberry congrats you guys!!!!! Can't wait to meet you!!!!!

Posted by: Jamila on December 17, 2011

Hi, I'm from Washington, D.C. and I am so excited about getting admitted!! We are the chosen 680! It's so great to know that all of that hard work paid off for ALL of us smile And it's great to hear Mr. Chris Peterson tell us that we "represent some of the best and brightest stars of our future."

Congratulations everyone! I can't wait to meet you at CPW.

Posted by: Nicole on December 17, 2011

Oh this is so exciting! Anyone else feeling just great? Hi everyone, I am Jorge from Mexico, US citizen; I am really looking forward to meeting all of you. Congratulations, we made it!
Also, what is this cylindrical mail everyone keeps talking about?
If anyone wants to start meeting and talk about this great experience just mail me! [email protected]

Posted by: Jorge on December 17, 2011

Oh My Gosh!!!! I'm tooo excited I love this school and I never expected to be admitted. Thank you so much admissions!

Can't wait to meet my class. I'm from Bowie, Maryland btw! Anyone else from Maryland?

Posted by: Randi Williams on December 17, 2011

CONGRATS everyone! I'm still in disbelief that this actually happened! smile

can't wait to meet all you awesome people at CPW!!!! :D

Posted by: Cassandra on December 17, 2011

Just wow! I've been dreaming about this moment for longer than I can even remember, and now that it's here I can't quite bring myself to believe it! Congratulations to all you admits! Can't wait to meet you all at CPW!

Posted by: Leyatt Betre on December 17, 2011

Hello peoples, I'll see you all at CPW.

Can't wait to get on those procrastination sites (3rd post) as soon as I am done with finals this week--who am I kidding here?

Posted by: Hussein A. on December 17, 2011

Hey yall,

my name is Xavier and I'm from Houston, Texas.

I am still "ahhhhhhh!" from this whole thing. Congrats to all!

Posted by: Xavier Roman on December 17, 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFfCKy0nKr0
nuff said

Posted by: Jack on December 17, 2011

I am so excited and I can't wait to meet everyone next year! Congratz everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Karleigh on December 17, 2011

Hey everyone!

I'm Jonathon from around Dallas, Texas.

It really hasn't sunk in yet!!!!! Congrats to everyone!

Posted by: Jonathon Zuniga on December 17, 2011

Hey I'm Janelle from Logan Township, New Jersey. Can't wait to see you all at CPW (:

Posted by: Janelle on December 17, 2011

Hola!
(Still checking the website to make sure it wasn't a mistake)

I'm Nick, also from Dallas. (@Jonathon - what school? I go to Townview)
It's past 2AM here in Nigeria, and I still have so much energy. Let's go, CPW!

Posted by: Nicholas Okafor on December 17, 2011

MIT CLASS OF 2016

Hi, everyone!

I'm Justice, and I am from Grand Rapids, MI. Can I just say what's on everyone's mind? OMG!!!!!! I love MIT, and I extremely excited to attend in the fall. I just want to say thanks to all of the admissions officers for their time and heyyyyyy to all of my classmates! wink

Posted by: Justice Mason on December 17, 2011

@jack:beautiful

@maggie and aish: can't wait to see you guys again

you guys...we are the 11%. the lucky ones chosen to experience four glorious years at the best engineering school in the world. i'm excited.

also, anyone else from North VA?

Still in shock, but very happy! :D

Posted by: Tom Lehrer '16 on December 17, 2011

HI I'm Caroline!!! I'm from Hong Kong!! 12:17pm EST was 1:17am over here and I HAVEN'T SLEPT ALL NIGHT!!! (its 9:38am right now)

I'M SO EXCITED TO MEET ALL OF YOU NEXT YEAR!!!!!

Posted by: Caroline on December 17, 2011

Congradulations everyone, we did it! I can't wait to get acquainted with you all. It'll be nice being around people who are as passionate as I am about math, science, technology, and engineering.

I'm from northern Virginia.

And to answer the questions of all you hopefulls:
I got a 1900 on the SAT and got in. It's not purely about test scores, gpa, articulated essays, and doing a quota of activities. It's about who you are as a person, and your passion. It's like the admission's staff says, "it's about who you are as a whole, there is no set formula for getting in". Everything you do defines who you are, you shouldn't go through high school trying to be someone you aren't to get into a school. You should do what you want to do, and get into a school because you did what made you happy. If you spend all of high school doing things that you think will get you into a particular school, then you are doing it wrong. If you don't get into MIT, then it's just not a good fit for you. Where ever you go, you'll be happy and it'll be a good fit for you. Best of luck to all those awaiting regular decision, and to all those rejected/ deferred. Whatever school you end up going to, you'll be happy about there.

A little about me:
I build robots for fun. I also enjoy learning math and science concepts, and occasionally take complex math/ science problems given to me and solve them for the pure joy of problem solving. I hate failure, and strive to do well in school because I want to. Never in high school have I done something because I thought it would get me into college. I went through the whole high school experience doing what I wanted to, and enjoyed myself; never doing something because it would get me into a particular school.

Posted by: Emma on December 17, 2011

I'm from a little town in Missouri and this is all so exciting. This is so amazing. I'm soooooo excited!!!!

Posted by: Randi Cover on December 17, 2011

Thank you so much, MIT!! I love you!!!!!!
I am from Pittsfield, Mass. I'm so excited!!!

Posted by: Yi on December 17, 2011

Congratulations Everyone! smile

Posted by: Adarsh on December 18, 2011

Congratulations everybody! I'm so excited to meet all of you. Anyone else still freaking out nearly twelve hours after hearing the news?

@Andrew - I'm about an hour north of the city in a small town called Wauconda. Let's go Illinois admits!

Posted by: Nikki on December 18, 2011

I am super psyched about this! I'm actually still a little dazed...While I still might apply to other colleges, the pressure is definitely off and I look forward to sporting a shiny brass rat! Best wishes to all, and see you at CPW! smile

To answer previous questions, yes I did also get that in my letter, I'm from Nebraska, and I am still freaking out 12+ hours after the news. :3

Posted by: Aisha! on December 18, 2011

hohohoho

Posted by: Mustard Stalebread on December 18, 2011

Hey future classmates! I'm Gerardo and I'm so excited to go to MIT!
I'm from Baltimore, Maryland
Can't wait to meet yall!

Posted by: Gcam10 on December 18, 2011

I just don't know how you guys can feel right about being accepted to MIT.

I mean, knowing how unfair and discriminatory the MIT admissions process is, how could you build a life and career based on an MIT education which rightfully belonged to someone else. Someone who had better grades and better SAT/ACT scores. How can you live with that? How can you live with an MIT* education ...

m_quinn

Posted by: m_quinn on December 18, 2011

m_quinn, no.
Just, no.
None of the participants in this thread will fall for that -- they're sharp enough to see the holes in that statement. wink

@m_quinn
Everybody here deserved it, what some of us didnt have in grades and tests we obviously made up in something else. Now stop ruining our joy and go somewhere else.

Posted by: Gcam10 on December 18, 2011

I am beyond excited to get a tube, ohmygoodness. What a great day.

Posted by: Manali on December 18, 2011

For everyone who didn't get the chance join the MIT Class of 2016 group page!

Posted by: Luther Banner on December 18, 2011

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE! I'm Sheela and I live 12 miles away from MIT, but I'm just as excited as everyone to go there!!!!!!

Posted by: Sheela D on December 18, 2011

Oh, by the way (small survey) ...

Any of you African American?
Any of you Native American?

Any of you from South Dakota?

m_quinn

m_quinn

Posted by: m_quinn on December 18, 2011

@m_quinn
The attitude you are displaying on our thread may be the exact reason you didn't get in. MIT doesn't just want top students, they want top students with GREAT character. That's why they go through making us have the two letters as well as the interview. They don't want kids that just rattle off about how great they are or their GPA, Class Rank, or extracurricular activities. They want people that will make the Institution look good. I pray while you attend college wherever you go that you'll open your eyes . . .

Luther has it right!

Atta boy Luther.

Posted by: Chris Peterson SM '13 on December 18, 2011

m-quinn has been posting for years with their same sour rant, and as Luther noted, it is perhaps just that bigotted attitude seen in their posts that was part of the reason they did not make the cut.

Posted by: Pete '79 on December 18, 2011

Best day ever. Im from Puerto Rico...apparently the only one for now x) Nice meeting all of you!!!

Posted by: Sergio on December 18, 2011

Congratulations everybody! My name is Josh and I'm from Long Island, NY. I'm so excited to be a part of this amazing group of people! I can't wait to meet you all in Boston!!!

Posted by: Josh Haimson on December 18, 2011

How many states did you snub this year Chris?

m_quinn

Posted by: m_quinn on December 18, 2011

@m-quinn

I'm African American, and I was admitted. I understand that you may be angry, but that is no reason to rude... If anything you should be happy for those who were admitted, because they achieve something that they truly wanted. I may not have perfect scores or GPA, but I sure am a great student, person, and I value my fellow man. I feel like the admissions office saw that. Clearly, with your bigoted, uneducated, and rude posts, you didn't and don't deserve to go to MIT. MIT is place for people who want to make a difference, not complain. I'm sorry, but get over it... I personally plan to use my MIT education to better the lives of others.

My best regards, and hoping that you do find happiness some where.

Posted by: Justice Mason on December 18, 2011

@m_quinn
I am an African American as well

I'm Molly, and I'm representing a little town called Whitefish, Montana. This was the first time in my life I cried with tears of joy (I'm still not sure how that works - maybe I'll find out studying Brain and Cognitive Sciences at MIT!). I'm just so happy and excited! Congratulations to all! I can't wait to meet our amazing class at our dream school!
Now it's time to dig into my celebratory Baskin Robbins cake! smile

Posted by: Molly Schmidt on December 18, 2011

@m_quinn

Happy Holidays, Sir or Madame! I hope that truly enjoy yourself, and remember: you are still a special person. I am sure that there is someone out there who would truly wants you to know that you are better than this...

Justice, you make me smile. You remind me of Mister Rogers... smile

@Justice Mason
@Luther Banner : that is truly great! Congratulations ...

m_quinn

Posted by: m_quinn on December 18, 2011

@Mustard Stalebread

Thank you! I like to make people smile, because it makes me smile.

People really just need to realize that they are still great scholars, and they just weren't admitted into one college; it's not the end of the world... Honestly, I didn't think I was going to be admitted- given the lateness of some of my application components, among other things- but I knew I still would have made some other university my home. However, I am proud to call myself an MIT 2016er, and I look forward to making MIT my home.

ADMITTED TO MIT!
So happy and ecstatic!
To answer the "where are you from" question, I'm a military dependent living overseas in Germany. When my dad gets back in TWO DAYS (yay!) I'm going to tell him about my admission in person, SO EXCITED!
see you all next fall!

Posted by: Katy on December 18, 2011

Dear MIT Class of 2016,
A Southeast Texan, I am a proudly Mexican-born, utterly lucky MIT-admittee. wink
I am so eager to spend the following four years of my life with you!
I live in Humble, Texas, which is in the vicinity of Houston (Xavier Roman, would you like to spend a day with me and a fellow classmate in the week of the 26th of December!?).
Do message me: [email protected]

Best,
Juan Jaramillo from Humble, Texas (get used to that phrase, too raspberry)

Posted by: Juan Jaramillo on December 18, 2011

Justice... have one hundred internets. I'm going to quote your comment and add it to my .fortune quote database. smile

2 and a half years to go before I can 'officially' call myself a MIT 2018er.

I'm really happy for you guys though. Who knows, maybe one of you will be my dorm-mates. smile

Congratulations once again smile

Posted by: Adarsh on December 18, 2011

CONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU GUYS :D :D :D can't wait to meet everyone!!

btw asked this already but i think this question got lost in the excitement haha: does anyone know if EA admits who live outside of the united states get a TUBE? :O

Posted by: lynn on December 18, 2011

The moment I saw the Success Kid meme, I knew that I had applied for the right school!
Congradulations to all you guys I can't wait to meet you! As for me, I'm a US citizen but I live in Istanbul, Turkey and go to a German school!

Posted by: Deniz on December 18, 2011

Congratulations to all of you ! I'm pretty sure that all early applicants are US Citizens, I live in Beirut, Lebanon and go to a French school. I was quite shocked when I learnt that I was admitted EA to MIT knowing that I'm fourth out of almost thirty students and don't have much amazing scores. However, I'm glad I got admitted, I truly believe that I belong at MIT. I would like to thank the admissions committee for acknowledging that. Hope to meet all of you next fall ! (or April)

Posted by: Jad on December 18, 2011

Congratulation to all of you....... wish good luck for me in the RA smile

Posted by: Abderhman on December 18, 2011

u guys are all legends XP

Posted by: Aaron Tang on December 18, 2011

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SO EXCITED!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE I GOT IN!!!!
To quote Queen: IS THIS THE REAL LIFE? OR IS THIS FANTASY?
Congrats to all others who got in!!
I'm from Upstate NY, and I'm the only one in the school who's gotten in yet.
I can't wait to meet all of you!

Posted by: Lexi E. on December 18, 2011

Hearty congratulations to all the AWESOME people who are admitted! I'm applying for RA. Whatever it is, I shall always remember that once upon a time I had applied for the class of '16.

So go out, ROCK THE WORLD!!! :D

Posted by: Raj Kunkolienkar ('16)? on December 18, 2011

So does anyone have a read on paragraph 4, the "requisite fine print" and how to define "flying colors"? I'm afraid I will end the semester with 2 or 3 B's, and this would be more than the admissions office saw in my entire previous transcript...

Posted by: holycow on December 18, 2011

Congratulations guys!

I am applying for RA and hope to get in with you smile.

Be sure that each and every one of you deserves his acceptance.

Posted by: Cristy on December 18, 2011

A hearty welcome to the next generation of MITers. It is certain that you all were able to master the basics (high grades, great scores, lots of boxes checked on activities), but what in all likelihood set you apart from other applicants was in part how it appears you would be able to handle the unexpected, the outside the box situations. Those characteristics are not found in simple SAT scores, but are seen in the recommendations, your essays and interviews submitted on each of you.

Those parts of the application can all provide a lens into how you think, how you tackle problems, and not merely how well you can memorize equations for a test. I mean in a great many of my courses there, all the exams were open book, open notes, whatever you wanted (short of having a TA on a leash), because the questions asked required you to understand HOW to think about a solution, not just look up an answer on page 486 in the text book.

That aspect is one of the key things students at this school have in common, an ability to think on the fly, to understand the problem and to get to the root of a solution. There is no question on any SAT I have ever seen where you just fill in the oval that measures that.

Again, congrats for all of you, and to those who will join your ranks in the spring, You WILL live in interesting times and a most wonderful place.

guys you all got me excited!!

I hope i'll experience the same adrenaline rush you're experiencing right now in a couple of months!

Im applying RA and I CANT WAIT TO GET MY DECiSION!!

whatever it may be! even if i get rejected, i'll be happy that i applied.. and not spending my whole life wondering "what if?''

IM SOO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS!!!!!!! :D:D:

Posted by: Muna on December 18, 2011

THERE WE GO, MIT CLASS OF 2016!

Posted by: Louis on December 18, 2011

@holycow
I'm sure that will be fine, I thinks they're saying like if your grades just fall off the face of the earth. Like u having an extra B shouldn't take away your admission. As long as your not dropping to C's D's and F's is how I took it.

THANK YOU! I still can't believe it!!

Posted by: Mel on December 18, 2011

Way to go! You guys are the best! Wish me luck during RA!

Posted by: Nabeel on December 18, 2011

HI! I got in too!!!
And I'm the 3rd person from Colorado! (Right?)
SO EXCITED!!!!!
Yay!

Posted by: Tasha on December 18, 2011

Congrats to the class of '16! I can't wait to meet many of you during CPW!

Posted by: Jorge L. on December 18, 2011

So excited right now!!! Walked into church early this morning and my choir director started playing the Hallelujah Chorus.

Also SoFlo represent!!! As much as I love it, Cambridge will be a nice change from Ft. Lauderdale.

Posted by: Alex Danielsen on December 18, 2011

Hey everyone! I'm from Sam, from out in Ohio (at the moment). Can't wait to meet everyone and hopefully in the fall start the amazing journey of a MIT education smile
Congrats to everyone- all of our hard work has paid off in the best way I can possibly think of right now.

Posted by: Sam E. on December 18, 2011

I'm from southwest Texas- Del Rio specifically. Really very happy to be part of the class of 2016!! Can't wait for CPW

Posted by: ErwinH on December 18, 2011

BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!!! Congratulations to everybody who got in, and I would like to thank the Admissions Board for this incredible honor. I am infinitely grateful. Happy holidays from South Florida!

Posted by: Felipe L on December 18, 2011

Anyone admitted from out of America?

Absolutely the best birthday present I have had. Fantastic, fantastic day. Thank you admissions committee for believing in my match with MIT! Can't wait to see everyone at CPW/meet you online smile

Posted by: Mary Sun on December 18, 2011

Would anyone mind helping me out with something?
On the admissions website it clearly states that "Early Action is limited to US citizens and permanent residents; international citizens may only apply during Regular Action".
How is it that some international applicants were admitted during the EA cycle?
I would have loved to apply EA but thought it wasn't permitted internationally :S?

Thanks,
Harrison

Posted by: Harrison Humphrey on December 19, 2011

Harrison,

I believe that the students admitted internationally were US citizens living abroad and were therefore eligible to apply Early Action.

Posted by: Matthew Davis on December 19, 2011

I'm from Seattle (actually Redmond) Washington. Congratulations to all and I can't wait to meet you at CPW.

Posted by: Maya Balakrishnan on December 19, 2011

Hey guys, does any of you guys who got admitted have a low SAT score or take no AP classes? I am applying to RA and my SAT scores are not on the top, my GPA is not top ranked, and I don't involve in tons of activities BUT I really want to go to MIT, I am passionate about it ... I am just curious that did anyone like me get admitted?

Posted by: William Dang on December 19, 2011

Heartiest congratulations to all of you admitted EAs. I am from India and am applying for RA. I deeply wish share the MIT experience with you awesome people!!!

And thank you @Chris Peterson.

Posted by: Samir Patnaik on December 19, 2011

Hey Samir ,
I am too applying for MIT RA . Can u give your any contact detail .I would be helpful if we get admitted

Posted by: MILLIN on December 19, 2011

@William Dang, you are the same as me ;p
I'm international so it's hard to convert my grades, but probably I have a GPA ~3.30. There's is definitely different curriculum here. Having GPA 4.0 and still find time for own passions seems imposible :o
Also, I have "E" in german and polish (gosh,I'm not humanist). I doubt that admission office will understand it.
I simply didn't care about competitions etc. I just did what I loved - programming.
I think my essay is awesome but I'm not able to competite with others school achievements :/

Posted by: Moriquendi on December 19, 2011

@ MILLIN

Sure. Click on my Name and it will take you my FaceBook page. Just send me a request and write your user name a.ka MILLIN. Best of Luck..

I want to know the people accepted, our future leaders! send me a message on my blog XD

Posted by: Aaron Tang on December 19, 2011

Guys! Congratulations!!! :D
I'm really happy to see you guys accepted!! By the way, I'm applying for RA and so, wish me luck! :D

Posted by: Sammy on December 19, 2011

Hi everyone, and congratulations! Already looking forward to CPW so I can get to know you in meatspace.

@Lexi E. : I know how you feel. I can still barely believe I got in. But this is the real life, and we are the champions!

I'm from Indianapolis, Indiana. MIT has been my dream school since sixth grade or so--my parents went there and I grew up hearing about it. I can't wait to be on a campus full of brilliant people who love learning.

Holycow: if your school is like mine, you probably have more hard classes/AP classes this year than any other. My grades are a little worse this year because of that, but I don't think it will matter. As long as you don't get any Cs you should be fine.

Best of luck to the RA applicants! I bet you are all amazing people and I can't wait to see some of you at CPW once you get in!

Posted by: Miranda on December 19, 2011

anyone from South Dakota???

m_quinn

Posted by: m_quinn on December 19, 2011

@William Dang
My GPA (3.3) wasn't that good, I wasn't in the the top ten of my class. My SAT is 2080 which is below average for MIT, and I didn't take all of AP classes possible. However, I did very well in math, my passion. I scored 780 in SAT math and took all ap math classes and did research. I also played soccer passionately (almost went pro). I think it;'s important to be very well rounded, MIT is not a geek school, as most people think, but a well rounded school with very passionate and hard working people.

Posted by: geracam10 on December 19, 2011

Hey everyone! Congratulations from the deferred pile!

Posted by: S.Byrons on December 19, 2011

@Moriquendi: My situation is kind of similar to you .... I've just moved to U.S for 2 years. I did well in school in my home country but not so well in the U.S. Anyways, I am still applying and just hope that they will see the passion in me despite my SAT scores are really low and I don't take any AP classes although my school provides the most number of AP classes in the county.
@geracam10: My SAT score is 700 lower than your, I got 620 for Math and the highest level math class I took is PreCal-honor. I meant I did that bad at school. But anyways, your response motivates me a lot, I am still applying and doing what I like, accepted or not I will be still happy with it because I know that I've tried.

anyone planning to major in Brain and Cognitive sciences?

Posted by: Aaron Tang on December 20, 2011

Congratulations to all of you here!!! I am sure every of you is brilliant, outstanding and might be a little bit quirky, haha. I'm gonna apply for RD and hope to see you soon!!!!! I love sciences and I love MIT!!! Wish me all the best!!!!

Posted by: Ashley Tsui on December 20, 2011

congratz people.i read top to bottom.my optimistic attitude has a different claim from what most of u may think of m_quinn .i guess his behaviour is allrite..atleast not too bad.alas,how do we know how difficult he may have felt to do anything else/may be he just got content witha diploma not joining any college for degree.for everyone circumstances vary.
but, do not forget that only some people have this "hanging on trait" in them.did u see any thing where u felt he didnot intervene this trait is rare and a must have for an MITian.though many of you consider him to be someone who keeps bugging others and all but believe me he does exhibit atleast something that is mit like....contrary to what all u think his negative attitude .he is another counterpart of us all aspirants who have so much hopes and visions in our eyes to make a difference to the world.plz i appeal of you not to talk about him again in this post about him.just leave that topic.leave criticising him and even he will naturally stop when he finds something that makes him feels "the preciousness of life without his being an mitian" in HIS LIFE.
sorry,if i had hurt anyone's emotions or m quinn's for that matter.but please try being +ve always.

Posted by: carfeak gauve on December 20, 2011

Aaron Tang: I am!

Ashley Tsui: Thank you and good luck! Hope to see you at CPW!

Posted by: Miranda on December 20, 2011

i am applying for RA from india.my interviewer has not responded to me since 6th of dec. i have mailed her and mit many times.but to no avail. i called mit office yesterday and they had the answering machine on. and i have no response till now despite having no fault in all the process.please can anyone help me out.

I should admit that reading other comments gave me PERFECT FEELING! I applied for RA. I hope I get in, too.
Congratulations everyone. Yoooohoooooo!!!

Posted by: Gelare on December 20, 2011

Congratz everyone on making it in! I'm gonna apply for RD. I hope I'll make it in and get to know all you wonderful and amazing people smile

Posted by: Edasaur on December 20, 2011

Hi guys I am really happy for all of you. Thanks to God and the admission faculty for selecting such nice human beings. I have applied for RD and I am hoping to get the opportunity to see all of you. Best of luck to the deferred candidates.

Posted by: TChowdhury on December 20, 2011

Sorry its RA not RD. Congratz to all the selected applicants

Anyone here from Hong Kong?

Posted by: Languagehacking on December 20, 2011

@Aaron Tang
I am planning to major in Brain and Cognitive Sciences!

Posted by: Molly Schmidt on December 20, 2011