MIT staff blogger Chris Peterson SM '13

PSA: The 2016 Siemens Competition is now open by Chris Peterson SM '13

As I’ve blogged before, many students who are interested in MIT are also interested in high school research competitions, including (but not limited to) those listed on our enrichment opportunities page. One of these is the Siemens Research Competition. MIT is a University Partner for Siemens, which means that we ‘host’ a (virtual) regional event and provide volunteer judges to review student projects.

All students in grades 9-12 during the 2016-2017 school year are eligible to win up to $100,000 in college scholarships through their participation in the competition. Siemens encourages all students, working as individuals or in teams, to submit research they are currently working on or to begin research now with the goal of applying.

You can review the student entrant toolkit, as well as competition flyers, in both English and Spanish at the Siemens Research Competition Resources page. The deadline for submission is September 20th, 2016.

Just wanted to share a PSA! Sorry I haven’t blogged much over the last few weeks. I’ve been mostly traveling since ISEF and it took me awhile to get back and then to get my life back together. Will have more stuff for you all soon!