Questions & Coca-Cola Check-in by Matt McGann '00

Last-minute questions, and Coca-Cola Scholars check-in.

With CPW less than a day away, I’d like to use the comments for this entry for:

1. Asking any last minute CPW questions you have (you can also do this in Mollie’s latest entry).
  2. Students who have to miss CPW for the Coca-Cola Scholars weekend in Atlanta (I hope that MIT ’10s who are there get a chance to connect!).

15 responses to “Questions & Coca-Cola Check-in”

I won’t be able to go to CPW :(

Why?

Because I was rejected!

Yes, I’m a little bit bitter. I felt that I really deserved to get into MIT.

Oh well, it’s all good.

MIT made a mistake. It happens.

I was accepted to Yale under their Single-Choice Early Action program. Harvard and Stanford offered me admission for regular decision too.

MIT made a mistake. It happens.

2. What is your #1, most important, can’t-miss-for-the-world CPW activity? (other than the fruity activity which I fully intend to attend wink

–Quentin

3. christine says:

prannay – there’re a few students on campus right now trying to put together a “virtual cpw” just for people like you, who can’t make cpw for whatever reason. watch for news about that =)

and quentin — i say the bouncy ball drop. which i missed by about 2 minutes last year and *still* regret.

4. Molly Pounds says:

Hey guys,

Had to cancel CPW last min due to tests, projects, AP prep, etc. AHHHH!!!!

But…

I sent my admission acceptance letter into day. OMG I am now a part of the MIT class of 2010… WOW is all I can say, It’s still sinking in =)

Everyone else have FUN at CPW!!!!!

5. william yee says:

Where should I go to check in if I arrive at MIT around 8:00pm? Any difference?

Thanks.

6. Prannay says:

Hey Matt!

I can’t come for CPW due to a exam. But can u people please put up a live photo section online or deffered live video feeds of various events(only popular ones if need be). Please I beg u to do something as I don’t want to miss any of the action.

Please Please !! consider it atleast!

7. madmatt says:

Q- It depends. For some people, it’s the Academic Fair; for some, the Goldfish Party; for some, the dorm tours. For you? Maybe the bouncy ball drop? I don’t know, I’ll give it some thought.

William-Arriving at 8pm tonight shouldn’t be a problem. CPW HQ is open until midnight. So, your procedure should be the same as everyone else’s.

Prannay-We’ll see what we can do. Rock that exam! =)

8. gm says:

Mr. McGann, where do I go if I was assigned a host but have not heard from her?

9. Fernando says:

I have to miss CPW for prom…..one day making me miss out on 3 MIT days.

10. madmatt says:

gm, when you check in tomorrow, we’ll be able to unite you and your host. Not a problem.

Fernando, have a great prom! Anyone else going to prom this weekend?

11. dj says:

haha anonymous, posts like that make me laugh

Are you sure MIT was the one to make a mistake?

Actually, it doesn’t matter; the school you choose will give you a great education nonetheless.

12. Stephanie says:

the people working on the virtual CPW are my heroes!!! i’m so sad that i couldn’t come out for CPW, especially travel costs being so high…

13. Anna says:

Where will I find the virtual CPW?

Just a curious mom…