Matt McGann '00

Mar 9, 2009

Regular Action Decisions: Saturday 3/14

Posted in: Process & Statistics

We are pleased to announce that MIT Regular Action admissions decisions will be made available online on Saturday, March 14 at 2:00 PM EDT... actually, we’ll probably have decisions posted a minute before 2pm.

What is the process for receiving my admissions decision?

Receiving your decision online is as easy as pi. When decisions are released Saturday at 1:59pm, simply visit decisions.mit.edu and log in using the same username and password that you use to log into your MyMIT account. There are no interim screens, so you should be sure you are ready to receive your decision online before logging in to decisions.mit.edu.

Admissions decisions will be available exclusively online. (Following the release of admissions decisions, we will be mailing necessary materials to admitted students.)

To ensure that you will receive a decision online, please visit decisions.mit.edu and enter your username and password. Decisions.mit.edu will be available this week for applicants to confirm their login ability and decision eligibility.

What if I've forgotten my MyMIT password?

You may use our automated system to reset it. Simply visit my.mit.edu and click on the lost password link in the orange log-in box on the left. If you're having trouble using our automated username/password recovery process, or if you've forgotten your username, please email [email protected] with your full name and mailing address. We'll use this information to locate you in our system and reset your password within a few days.

What if I don't have a MyMIT account?

This year, we will only be announcing decisions online, so if you haven't created a MyMIT account, make sure to create one so you can find out your admissions decision. If you do not currently have a MyMIT account and you wish to receive your decision online, you will need to register for one using your MIT ID. If you register without your MIT ID, your username and password may not work on decisions.mit.edu.

I wish you all the best!

Thank you for keeping us posted...
Everybody keep your hopes up :D

Posted by: Mina Adel on March 9, 2009

first!!! yes!

Posted by: Rachel on March 9, 2009

first

Posted by: Anon on March 9, 2009

MIT decisions on Pi day and Einstein's birthday. Awesome. Too bad transfers are a bit later.

Posted by: Vytautas on March 9, 2009

*squeal*

Posted by: Rebeca '13? on March 9, 2009

Well, let's wait for Saturday to come. Thanks for taking the time to review all our applications!

Posted by: Dago on March 9, 2009

:O

Posted by: Ahana on March 9, 2009

I am extremely nervous... 11 am PDT for me.

Posted by: Misbah on March 9, 2009

Good luck everyone!

Posted by: Meeker '13 on March 9, 2009

Heh, 1:59

3.14159
raspberry

Posted by: 0 on March 9, 2009

Funny, I hadn't figured out the 3.1459....

Posted by: Dago on March 9, 2009

Doesn't anybody find it really weird that so many people are just itching to write "first" as soon as an entry is published ??? :D

Posted by: Mina Adel on March 9, 2009

AAAAGGGHHHH!!!!! ALMOST THERE!!!!

But, I was expecting another 10 days, at the very least, so NEAT!! Thank you admissions department!

Posted by: Matt A. on March 9, 2009

Wow! Time to miss some more sleep!

Posted by: '13 Hopeful on March 9, 2009

Matt, ur comment really made me laugh :D
Really, thanks a million...

Posted by: Mina Adel on March 9, 2009

oh my god! I totally didn't even think this would be here... seeing as how I was on this site only a few hrs ago

all I saw was matt's picture and 3/14
pi day!! ^_^

Posted by: deng on March 9, 2009

My only hope is God.

Posted by: 0 on March 9, 2009

Whoa, this is a pleasant surprise. Too bad it makes the remaining five days seem even longer. Somehow the fact that its on pi day didn't surprise me. smile

Posted by: Brian on March 9, 2009

Oh man...

Posted by: Stacy on March 9, 2009

By the way, does anyone else have the "invalid security certificate" page load error? MIT error? Surely not. smile I bet it's just my computer, I'll try another one later.

Posted by: Brian on March 9, 2009

I love the fact that it is on pi day. to the exact hour and minute! (too bad I live on the West coast...but I can still appreciate it)

Posted by: Lo on March 9, 2009

@Brian: I got the same error,too. I just clicked on continue and got into the decisions.mit.edu webpage.

Posted by: Ricardo on March 9, 2009

Pi day!!! 3.14159! I love it!

Posted by: Angela on March 9, 2009

that but this blow
Might be the be-all and the end-all here,
But here, upon this bank and shoal of time,
We'd jump the life to come

- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 1.7

Posted by: 0 on March 9, 2009

me(now): oh my god, am I nervous??
me (if rejected) : oh my god...
me (if accepted) : mmm...
I like mmming...
mmm...

Posted by: Hiral on March 9, 2009

I had to explain to my German language teacher today that Pi does not actually equal 22/7. I then also had to explain to him the concept of an irrational number. Oh well... i guess there's a reason some people are liberal arts majors :D

Posted by: ngolsh '13? on March 9, 2009

I find out the decision about 5 minutes before I got on vacation. I can so see it making/breaking the trip smile

Posted by: 0 on March 9, 2009

Relax, take it easy
For there is nothing that we can do.
Relax, take it easy
Blame it on me or blame it on you.

It’s as if I’m scared.
It’s as if I’m terrified.
It’s as if I scared.
It’s as if I’m playing with fire.
Scared.
It’s as if I’m terrified.
Are you scared?
Are we playing with fire?

Relax
There is an answer to the darkest times.
It’s clear we don’t understand but the last thing on my mind
Is to leave you.
I believe that we’re in this together.
Don’t scream – there are so many roads left.

Relax, take it easy
For there is nothing that we can do.
Relax, take it easy
Blame it on me or blame it on you.

Posted by: ngolsh '13? on March 9, 2009

OMG. . . I'm so not going to get in. . . I'm so nervous. . . I knew they were going to release it on Pi Day, but the actual official announcement makes me anxious

@matt: hey. My name is Abdel-karim, did you accept me?

Posted by: Abdel-karim on March 9, 2009

Only God can help me!!! Keep ur hopes alive everybody, I guess that's what MIT students r meant to do!!! good luck

Posted by: 0 on March 9, 2009

After being deferred Early Action applicant, I am finally glad to see the wait coming to an end. Good luck everybody! I hope to make it in so I can meet some of you during CPW!

Also, when decisions are released, we at MyMIT.info are hosting a chat. Feel free to join! http://chat.mymit.info/

Good luck everybody!

Posted by: Colton on March 9, 2009

eeeee! is that when the official reply form will become available too??

Posted by: 0 on March 9, 2009

Hey Abdel-Karim, your from Egypt right ? I think from showaifat (ma3lesh mesh 3aref aktebha :D )
does that mean that ur from Sannaweya Amma ?
I'm from Egypt too btw :D

Posted by: Mina Adel on March 9, 2009

Good luck, everyone!~ Good luck, everyone!~ <3

Posted by: Anonymo on March 9, 2009

Good luck, everyone! I can't believe all the waiting is coming to an end (and frankly, I'm not sure I want it to end).

Posted by: Kelly on March 9, 2009

holy.....

Posted by: orion on March 9, 2009

I'm getting sick........

Posted by: Roman on March 9, 2009

<3 pi day
I'm going to be in Israel for a physics competition so I'm going to have to wait 7 hours longer than everyone else! :(

Posted by: Kasey on March 9, 2009

Apparently Firefox and Opera don't like the security certificate because the URL doesn't match the one in the link or something.

The link in Matt's post (decisions.mit.edu) leads to:
https://decision.mit.edu/
which lacks an "s" on decision.

The link should lead to:
https://decisions.mit.edu/
which has an "s".

So, just just change the url a bit to get to the site.

Posted by: Michael on March 9, 2009

GOOOD!!! Please help us! I can't wait till saturday... yeah guys, we're gonna do it, hope to see all of you in CPW, we better be possitive about this... good luck everyone!!!!!

Posted by: me 13? on March 9, 2009

Thank you so much for the notice.

Also, love the pi reference.

Posted by: William Mruzek on March 9, 2009

OMG I can't believe it's this Saturday (actually Sunday for me)... It seems so soon and I'm not sure if I want it to end! Love the pi reference though...

Posted by: Jen on March 9, 2009

"as easy as pi"
lol

I'M EXCITED.

Posted by: 0 on March 9, 2009

I'm so NERVOUS!!! only 4 days left!!!!

Posted by: Suji on March 9, 2009

Is it okay if I start to panicking now?

Posted by: Kevin S Lin on March 9, 2009

arghh, can't even type properly now.

sorry for the double post.

Posted by: Kevin S Lin on March 9, 2009

Shouldn't it be 34 seconds before 2pm? After all, it is 3.1415926...

But then we'd have to wait an extra 26 seconds to know, and I'm not sure I can wait that much longer!

Posted by: Anonymous on March 9, 2009

the hour of judgement draweth near . . .

and I can't decide if it's good or it's bad that it comes on a long weekend when I'm going to be home from my residential school.

Posted by: another '13? on March 9, 2009

FINALLY....

Posted by: 0 on March 9, 2009

O.O I am extremely nervous. Hopefully my deferral turns into an acceptance.

Posted by: Samuel Millington on March 9, 2009

Good luck everyone! I can't wait to meet the rest of our class ^.^

Posted by: Narce on March 9, 2009

Good luck everyone!!!

Posted by: Kim '13 on March 9, 2009

wow! I'm so nervous! good luck everyone!!!!

Posted by: Alyssa on March 9, 2009

Thanks so much to the admissions office for suffering through all our applications! I just wanted you guys to know, that whatever the outcome, I appreciate all the time you spent on the decision process.
On the other hand.........ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Posted by: Elena on March 9, 2009

Does it help if I send a last-minute cake to the admissions office? It is nice that we are all going to know if the whole process was just a PITA or if we got accepted although I prepared for at least 6 more days to start to panic.

Posted by: 0 on March 9, 2009

This will be heartbreaking...

Posted by: 0 on March 9, 2009

There will be lots, lots of broken heart!!!

Posted by: 0 on March 9, 2009

yay!! The wait is now...I would say over, but I think the next five days will be excruciatingly long.

Posted by: anonymous '13? on March 9, 2009

If I'm admitted to MIT, I will receive a dog as a present. what do you think I should call him/her?

Give your suggestions here>

http://thenameofmydog.blogspot.com/

Posted by: valeria on March 9, 2009

ahh...by the way....I'm extremely scared, too!!!!!...I cannot wait until saturday :S!!!

Posted by: valeria on March 9, 2009

Good luck everyone!

Don't worry, I'll be here at 1:57 when the decisions *actually* go up! hah.

Posted by: Sam ('13?) // stevethepirate on March 9, 2009

11:00 AM for me.
*Sigh*

Posted by: Navdeep ('13?) on March 9, 2009

Good luck everyone! It's pretty cool that the decisions are coming out during the middle of our FIRST robotics regional. I can't wait!

Posted by: Lightman on March 9, 2009

*prays* ... *prays some more* ... *can't find anything constructive to say so prays a bit more* ...

Posted by: Justin ('13?) on March 9, 2009

Last time I was excited, now I'm just sick.

Posted by: Tiffany on March 9, 2009

veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy nervous. I want to finaly leave a message on this board after reading all of these post for months. No matter what though, all of us appling to MIT have the potential to do things that others could only dream of. So whether you get in or not just keep pushing forward on your goals.

Posted by: prototype on March 9, 2009

I am feeling sick now. I can't even do my homework! So nervous...

Posted by: Suji on March 9, 2009

@ Suji
Me too! I cannot even handle this!
My homework has been sitting in front of me blank since I read this!

Posted by: Me on March 9, 2009

Oh my goodness the moment of truth is so close at hand! Thank you Matt and admissions counselors for working so hard to get through the massive amount of applications this year. I wish everyone luck for the future, no matter where you go to school next year you are going to be successful!!!

Posted by: Megan ('13?) on March 9, 2009

Matt,

I'd be curious to see a cumulative plot of the percentage of applicants who log in to my.mit in the minutes and hours following the release of decisions.

Do such statistics exist, and is the Admissions staff expecting a sudden surge in downtime? It would make a dominant blog entry.

Posted by: Sam Range '13 on March 9, 2009

Finally! Good luck everyone!

Posted by: hitek168 on March 9, 2009

...so of course I'll be at the FIRST robotics Florida Regional! XD
-Jamo

Posted by: Jamo on March 9, 2009

If accepted (big if...) do the financial aid offers arrive same time?

Posted by: Ron on March 9, 2009

3/14. day of my prom.

wow. saturday is either going to be the best day of my life or the worst.

i guess we'll see soon enough.

Posted by: XYZ on March 9, 2009

Your name in pi in base 27: http://www.dr-mikes-maths.com/pisearch.html

Posted by: 0 on March 9, 2009

@ Jamo -- LOL it's Pittsburgh's FIRST Regional too. That means waiting in anticipation until 6 in the evening to get it! And I thought that MIT and FIRST worked together? wink But OMG- decisions. In 5 days. Not expected. Keep your fingers crossed!

Posted by: Ekaterina on March 9, 2009

YES! Decisions on Pi Day! ...This is why I love MIT. xD

lol "as easy as pi."

Good luck everyone!!!

Posted by: Ruey on March 9, 2009

Curse it! I won't have internet or phone access that day! I'll be staying in hotels out of the country for that whole week!

Posted by: 0 on March 9, 2009

Wow, thanks Matt and admissions team! It's nice that they give everyone a heads up, unlike some other colleges that will remain unnamed lol. Wagh! I'm so nervous...I'll be gone with my choir that whole weekend, so hooray for hotel wifi!

Posted by: Joey on March 9, 2009

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Oh, the anxiety! Oh, the pain of waiting for Godot!

Posted by: A'13! on March 9, 2009

And don't forget, you'll need to have decisions up at 26.53598979323846 seconds after 1:59... raspberry

But really, good luck to everyone...and best of luck to everyone competing this weekend at FIRST regionals! Win or lose, you'll have something to come home to (or check while you're there). I hope everyone thinks it's a good thing!

Posted by: Graham '13 (hopefully) on March 9, 2009

wow good job me!!! nice job screwing up pi... but that's what you get for mis-remembering. raspberry

good luck everyone!

Posted by: Graham '13 on March 9, 2009

So the rumor was true...T_T

Anyways, I'd rather see it sooner than later. smile so YAY!

I'm now patiently waiting for Chris to post up another song of encouragement...

Posted by: June on March 9, 2009

Good luck guys smile
I'll be suffering from the nervousness in a year, and hopefully I'll be able to meet many of you raspberry.

~Julio ('14?)

Posted by: Julio ('14?) on March 9, 2009

Ahh Mika. Love love love.

Posted by: 0 on March 9, 2009

omg........ thanks so much for confirming the date :D
scared outta my mind ugh

Posted by: James on March 9, 2009

Sweet! Pi day will be a defining moment in my life!

Posted by: 0 on March 9, 2009

Good luck to everyone!

I'm finally going to be able to get rejected and move on with my life;-)

Posted by: Kiwi on March 9, 2009

Wow, this is more exciting than opening a Christmas gift box... ohhh.. nerve-raking... yet excited to see the results... can't wait..

Posted by: Shahla on March 9, 2009

Posted by: Shahla on March 9, 2009

Wow. It's just like MIT to release decisions on pi day. The simple beauty of MIT's culture will be experienced by all applicants on that day and time...can't wait =D I probably don't have a chance, but definitely and sincerely, GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY!

Posted by: K on March 9, 2009

@ Kiwi
My thoughts exactly.
good luck!

Posted by: 0 on March 9, 2009

"Good luck to everyone!

I'm finally going to be able to get rejected and move on with my life;-)"

lol, Same thoughts in my head, Kiwi ^^

So, decisions after orchestra then. at least I have music festival all week to distract me from being impatient.

Posted by: Tara on March 9, 2009

Good luck to all the applicants!

Posted by: Piper '12 on March 9, 2009

can't wait....hope i get in....
good luck to everyone else

Posted by: 0 on March 9, 2009

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY!!!

Posted by: Emilie on March 9, 2009

the day has finally arrived!..or arriving to be precise...good luck everyone!

Posted by: red.mercury on March 9, 2009

Good Luck Everyone!! Wow... I can't believe we'll all know our futures in 5 days.

Posted by: Abi on March 9, 2009

@Lightman and perhaps some others: Haha me too. WA FIRST Robotics, why are you on π day?!?!

Posted by: Wow on March 9, 2009

omg i'm so excited/nervous! no matter what happens, the humor of the timing was SO worth the wait. good luck everyone! if i get in i'm definitely buying a pi day 09 shirt

Posted by: Anonymous on March 9, 2009

Yeesh, I've already been accepted in December and made my little good luck post here, but this is such a tense atmosphere you guys have gotten ME all excited and nervous!

Everyone! You've done your best and put your hearts into your applications! I'm sure you can all be proud of what you've done so far even if you don't get in!

More importantly, decisions don't come out until Saturday! So just have fun until then! Read a manga or something! One Piece is my personal favorite!

http://onemanga.com/One_Piece/1/01/

Posted by: Narce on March 9, 2009

good luck to everyone

Posted by: sam on March 9, 2009

Give your suggestions here>

http://thenameofmydog.blogspot.com/

Posted by: Valeria on March 10, 2009

It's almost over! Soon I can accept that I'm not smart enough to go to MIT.

Posted by: 13' deferred on March 10, 2009

I have my Chem final a day later. Chem of all things.

"Think about how you answered question 3a on our application (“what do you do purely for fun?”). Try to fill your days with that, and decisions will be here before you know it."

I really am doing that lol.

Posted by: Tree on March 10, 2009

Thank you for not delivering the decisions on Friday, which is the 13th. smile

Posted by: 0 on March 10, 2009

I can't help but feel a *little* bit jealous raspberry

I wanted pi day !

Good luck everyone

Posted by: Aditi '12 on March 10, 2009

Oh no... at 11am Pacific I will be halfway through *another* college tour!!! Haha I wonder if it'd be rude to tell the tour guide that I need to stop off and use a computer in the library.

Posted by: Dylan '13? on March 10, 2009

Give your suggestions here>

http://thenameofmydog.blogspot.com/

Posted by: Valeria on March 10, 2009

Honestly, it was just like yesterday when I was writing my essays....dammit.......stupid time it's suppossed to dialate not contract......and its gonna be like midnight over here when the decisions come out......and I have a bio final monday...........AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

anyway, best of luck everyone,

Posted by: jimmy '13 on March 10, 2009

Hey guys, a small poem I composed for y'all.

The work is done, the stage is set,
The decisions are made, not released yet,
We did our part, don’t you fret,
What you deserve, you will undoubtedly get!

If you’re admitted, CONGRATULATIONS!
Brighten your lives with deserved celebrations,
If you’re denied, don’t fall to desperations,
A brighter sun rises on the other horizon!

Remember friends the probabilities,
15600 applications for 1500 odd seats,
Only a tenth of us will get the treats,
Don’t forget, they aren’t the only sweets!

And Internationals, look at this,
120 seats is what it is,
But even if MIT gives a goodbye kiss,
You have your own country to reckon with.

MIT is a dream for us all, no doubt,
But it isn’t a place for such a large crowd,
Understandable reasons force them to say “OUT”,
Respect their decision, don’t call for a bout.

Rejection from MIT mustn’t lead to depression,
Rather, force you to seek salvation,
As the truth is now out in the open,
A brighter sun rises on the horizon!

Well that’s it. Basically what I want to say is, we’ve done our part. Whatever be the outcome, let’s take it in our stride and move on. Just because you’re rejected doesn’t mean you’re inferior to one who got accepted. All it means is there is a better path out there for you. You just have to find it. That having been said, all the best to us all! Have a peaceful wait!!!!

Posted by: Varun Saravanan on March 10, 2009

thats dilate, sorry

Posted by: 0 on March 10, 2009

Cool release date. I can't wait to Saturday (actually, the time will be 1:59am Sunday in my country)

Posted by: Long B. Pham on March 10, 2009

Thanks Varun! That was really reassuring.
Good luck to everyone! I'm so nervous, but I know what ever happens is for the best!

Posted by: Swetha on March 10, 2009

OH MY GOD THEY'RE ALL SO NERDY

Posted by: 0 on March 10, 2009

@Anon
Does that suprise you?

Posted by: Kiwi on March 10, 2009

Give your suggestions here>

http://thenameofmydog.blogspot.com/

Posted by: Vale on March 10, 2009

OMG... that is ryt after holi........ hope the colours do really show up....

Posted by: anirbanbob on March 10, 2009

I'm having exams all the way til Saturday, how am I supposed to do "something I enjoy"

Thanks for the Update btw =)

Posted by: Jesse on March 10, 2009

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heart beat increase,excitement increase, I CANT EVEN TYPE THESE WORDS PROPERLY MAN.....

ALL THE BEST GUYS....

Posted by: Mohit on March 10, 2009

Don't know what to write...so EXICTED

Posted by: 0 on March 10, 2009

Oh. My. God. They're finally here!!

Posted by: Ashwath on March 10, 2009

I LOVE MIT!!! AND HOPE MIT WILL LOVE ME BACK :]

Posted by: SUN on March 10, 2009

Pi day?! Pi time?! I LOVE MIT!!!!!!!! You prefrosh better appreciate this. So awesome!!

Posted by: Sara '12 on March 10, 2009

My heart is beating out my chest at the thought.

I wonder how things will turn out...

Posted by: Tiffany Saw on March 10, 2009

Cool!! A big thank you to the MIT admissions staff for having taken the time and care to review each one of our applications! Being an applicant myself, as such theres not much to be said, except for fingers crossed!!! I'd reckon Saturday would be a miracle for several of us! Lets keep counting down
Cya!
Sankly

Posted by: Sanklydawg! on March 10, 2009

I am soooooooooo nervous.Allah will help us allllllll.

Posted by: Muhammad'13 on March 10, 2009

My fingers are trembling. So, excuse me for all spelling and gramatical mistakes. I'll have just finished my math exam that day and I am veryyyyyyy
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy nervous !! Good luck guys !!

Posted by: akhila on March 10, 2009

3.14 going to be either the happiest moment of my life or the worst. It all depends what my Lord wants. I've faith on HIM.

Posted by: SAAD Asif on March 10, 2009

relax, take it easy.

Posted by: the bird is the word on March 10, 2009

Regardless of what decision is, all of you are great and will find rightful place in the sun. There will be "Life after Pi" (!) and I am sure it will be terrific for all of you, within or without.

Cheers and all the best for a bright future!

Anon

Posted by: Anon on March 10, 2009

Sorry..missed a couple of words!! corrected version below -

Regardless of what the decision is, all of you are great and will find your rightful place in the sun. There will be "Life after Pi" (!) and I am sure it will be terrific for all of you, within or without.

Anon

Posted by: 0 on March 10, 2009

Thanks, Matt. You've been a great help.

Posted by: Ian Tai on March 10, 2009

I just want to say good job to everyone at admissions for getting everything done in time for pi day despite the record number of applications. As a deferred EA applicant, I can say I was pleasantly surprised by the earliness of both results.

On a side note, I will be more or less on the downbeat for the matinee performance of our school's musical (Beauty and the Beast) at the pi second. I guess I can safely say I will have much, much to think about besides.

Good luck to everyone! I'm still anxiously holding out for MIT, but I found out last Friday I got in to Caltech, which reduced my overall stress significantly. I was curious who else applied and how they did (I know a lot of people apply to both).

Posted by: Chris ('13?) on March 10, 2009

Pi day, Einstein and Linux day
last two days i was surfing around sun.com and download solaris, that's what i did for march 14.
linux penguin pi.
i burned a solaris dvd at 4 am, looking for blank dvd, end up unwrapping the dvd box they gave to me as their honor student; they give dvd's without cookies:(

Posted by: comboy on March 10, 2009

certificate phail! lol its APR packet poisoning!!!ohnoez!!

but pi day + pi time? i'll be too busy eating pie LOL!
pi
pie
pye
pyi
pyie
pai
delicious

its all the same

Posted by: remotevirus on March 10, 2009

Good luck everyone!

Posted by: Victor on March 10, 2009

this is quite the year too

1234567890 unix time
square day
mit admissions @ pi day+pi time

EA RA RD
what about BD for big decision
GD great decision, Miracle, oh i love V
VD vve decide the vltimate

Posted by: comboy on March 10, 2009

HAHA, Chris. I am in the exact same position as you are in. I got accepted to CalTech last week but I would really love to go to MIT, after being deferred. Good luck to both of us!

Posted by: Chan-Hee Koh ('13?) on March 10, 2009

meh; I don't know if I really have a chance....especially after not being accepted into caltech

Posted by: 0 on March 10, 2009

Early Action
Regular Action
Regular Decision
Elegant Decision

if it was 6 words i would post it to Daniel's blog

Posted by: comboy on March 10, 2009

AHHHHH DECISIONS COME OUT RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF MY SCIENCE OLYMPIAD COMPETITION!!! If I check it will DEFINITELy screw me over for the rest of the day no matter what the outcome is haha sigh I guess I will endure a couple extra hours :(
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!

Posted by: Jenny on March 10, 2009

Yes finally decisions--

best of luck to everyone that includes me too!!!-

Posted by: Ruhban Shah on March 10, 2009

At last! Decisions are ready! Yay!! I bet this post is going to have one of the longest comment columns!

Posted by: Dhvanit on March 10, 2009

Thanks Matt, you always have answers for my questions!!
GOOD LUCK EVERY ONE smile

Posted by: Sheida on March 10, 2009

hic hic
i will have an exam on dat day! may i have both a good performance on da exam n MIT acceptance!

Posted by: Eins on March 10, 2009

OMG!!!
that convert to 11:30 pm on 14th for INDIA!!!
*eeeeeeeeeppp*
raspberry
*fingers crossed*

Posted by: suman barua on March 10, 2009

WHOHOHOHOOOAW (so exciting)

This will be also my decision day.
decision day of (((whether I will love the pi day for the rest of my life or not))...

Hmmmmmmmm....

lets make it ((I love the pi day)) for the both cases.....;D

Posted by: ZiZo----->13<------- on March 10, 2009

1.59 pm!!! can it be more fitting

Posted by: Huzaifa on March 10, 2009

OMG!! only 4 days to go!!

good luck to everyone!

Maharaj ji, all I need are your blessings. I have full faith in you. smile

Posted by: Aditya Gupta on March 10, 2009

Hey matt!!

How many people who have not taken the interview have been admitted??
I am not talking about those whose interview has been waived...

Please reply back Matt... Please do. I am nervous since I have not been able to take an interview....

Posted by: Anonymous1 on March 10, 2009

Hey matt!!

Posted by: Anonymous1 on March 10, 2009

@anonymous

All you can do is pray dude,

Infact, thats all we all can do..

Posted by: jimmy '13 on March 10, 2009

Woah lot of posts.
Nervous.
Okay calm. =)

Posted by: Ashwin on March 10, 2009

Does anyone know if this date is also applicable to the graduate admissions decisions?

Posted by: Mustafa on March 10, 2009

The decision date is came as a surprise even though I'd open this website EVERY single day, just in the hope of knowing it...time flies! smile
Let's pray to God for the best...and hey, if anyone(including myself) is not able to make it through...it probably is for the best...NEVER lose hope!:)!
Good luck everyone!!

Posted by: Isra on March 10, 2009

It'll be right in the middle of two events at my Science Olympiad regionals. Good thing I clairvoyantly cleared out the next period, so I wouldn't have to run to Ecology with a heavy heart... or get a heart attack and try to test through that =D

Posted by: Naiviv on March 10, 2009

^no, only for freshman

graduates and transfers later.

Posted by: 0 on March 10, 2009

@Mina Asel: lol, Choueifat, 3aref ezay?Maba3melsh sanawaya 3ama, ba3mel AP's wa IGCSE's? Inta fe 2ay madrasa? BTW, good luck!

Posted by: Abdel-karim on March 10, 2009

more than 150 responses in less than a day, i guess its a new record for any blog!
dear applicants, there is no need to panic, but you know what, we should panic because MIT is worth extreme panic!

Vale, if you got admitted i guess you should call your dog RADAW ( Regular Action Decisions Are Wonderful), if you get rejected you should call it RAD....
anyway you will not get a dog if you get rejected!!!

Posted by: Marwan Q. on March 10, 2009

Im playing "shipping out to Boston" by dropkick murphys if im accepted raspberry, good luck everybody! :D wish you all the best and hope to see you at one of the best unis in the world!:D

Posted by: erik on March 10, 2009

i cant wait untill saturday, time is turtoring me!
Matt you are the best man in the world! can you tell me whether i got admitted or not

Posted by: Marwan Q. on March 10, 2009

wat is intrnational student admission rate

Posted by: anonynimous on March 10, 2009

@anonynimous: 4 percent.

Oh Boy..

Posted by: 0 on March 10, 2009

@Abdel-karim: I'm in SFS doing Igcses and Als, bas ana makontesh 3aref en masr fiha APs aslan :S.
Bas a7san 7aga enak mesh sannaweya 3amma :D
Wishing us both good Luck...

Posted by: Mina Adel on March 10, 2009

what??? international student admit rate is FOUR PERCENT??? That is INSANE. haha all i need now is a miracle smile

Posted by: 0 on March 10, 2009

St. Fatima?. . . I did my IG's there. . . Well good luck!. . . Who do you know in Choueifat?

I hope i can get in. good luck everyone!

Posted by: yuan2 on March 10, 2009

Posted by: 0 on March 10, 2009

anonymous,if you are lucky enough you will get admitted even if the admission rate is 0.314159.

i know people who had no chance at anything but they still succeeded in them.

you know that lots of genuis applicants are rejected and some who are so much worse get admitted, i guess the admissions office see beyond what is obvious, but you know what, if you truly believe in yourself pie moment is going to be party moment!

Posted by: Marwan Q. on March 10, 2009

that's really late here,and...
off to see a counselor

Posted by: marvin on March 10, 2009

thnx for the update...I am now totally prepared to miss loads of sleep...not worrying just you know thinking. still tho God is my ONLY hope!

Posted by: ASEM on March 10, 2009

@ Marwan Q,

I didn't mean to post as Anonymous earlier but I'm guessing you answered my previous question..but I'm an unlucky person by default. So anyway, Good Luck to everyone else!

Posted by: Manya on March 10, 2009

Pi Day = D Day ... toDay suffering from inferiority complex =( ... saw some stats of geniasses [no offence intended =)] on blogs and google [yes...google searches of their names give around 5-10 links =O] ... now im tensed ... best of luck to all of u!

Posted by: Rahul on March 10, 2009

Pi day ... either make or break [email protected] !!

Posted by: SRV on March 10, 2009

My best guess is that the decisions are made and they are just delaying the results until pi day. Who wants to join me in breaking into the school and finding out early?

Posted by: 0 on March 10, 2009

and the tension builds...

Posted by: Kannan on March 10, 2009

Argh! Just realised the decision comes out at 3am, my time zone. Now i'm gonna have to wake up, and either not go to sleep cos I got in, or not go to sleep cos I didn't =S

Posted by: Kannan on March 10, 2009

Good luck, all! smile I'm applying this autumn, so next year it will be me waiting for the decision, lol.
What's it like?

Posted by: Anonymous on March 10, 2009

@Anonymous

It's like love. Can't say till you experience it raspberry

Posted by: Rahul on March 10, 2009

So true, Rahul. SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Posted by: Tyler on March 10, 2009

Ha!

I was hoping beyond hope that it would be on the 14th...

I've wanted to go to MIT since I was 4, so finding out if I got in is almost a culminating point in my life. Also, my nickname has become Pi. I'm obsessed with Pi, and the concept of irrationality (125 digits memorized). The fact that the decision will be made at exactly Pi-Time(?) seems very, very fitting.

Posted by: Damian on March 10, 2009

I've got insane. What are you guys doing till the decision comes out?

Posted by: ainawy3 on March 10, 2009

obsessed with Pi? Why so? i prefer Phi, it's much more...mysterious.

Posted by: 0 on March 10, 2009

people who are asking matt for decision now: YOU ARE NOT ADMITTED FOR SURE.

i became so evil lastly. now i am starting to be insane too. HAHAHAHA

Posted by: 0 on March 10, 2009

Hey guys, has anyone thought about what he/she is doing if not get accepted? I have all of these thought accumulated now.

Posted by: ainawy3 on March 10, 2009

hmmmm... finally..... it's going be out!!!!!! good luck everyone!!!!! let's hope for the best....

Posted by: upekha on March 10, 2009

MAN I can not wait! What a day that will be. It will be pi-day on the dot, I'll be @ a Vex robotics comp. & I will find out if I got in to MIT or not. WOW, Good Luck everybody and Best of wishes!

Posted by: Derek J Fields jr('13!?) on March 10, 2009

It's finally here, guys and girls. The big one.

Here's wishing the bestestestest of luck to everyone- whatever the results turn out to be, it was AMAZING to be a part of the MIT 2013 Applicants' Community.

Everything was amazing- rushing here to check for updates- freaking out about interviews and "unreceived" portions of the app- staying up, being high on caffeine and working on the app- discussing and crapping at the unofficial chat-room (:])- going crazy at Yan’s food entries, Snively’s sense of humor, Lulu’s funny-amazing entries and everyone else’s oh-so-amazing posts.

Everything has been one long roller-coaster journey- with the highs and lows, high hopes at times and complete utter hopelessness at other times.

I just want to say it's been amazing knowing each one of you- some I know personally (you guys are awesome!) and others whose comments I just read at the blogs (and who answered and replied to my comments)- I really think each one of you is amazing- just the fact that you thought you could do it and took the step to press the “submit” button shows you’re something! Congratulate yourself for being awesome enough to apply.

Hope to see you all at MIT! Hope that I get to see MIT myself! Hope it all turns out fine. Hope He continues to bless us.

Thanks Matt, the rest of the awesome admissions’ committee and the bloggers for reading our apps, answering our endless questions, telling us about MIT in all its awesomeness! Thanks applicants- for making it all so much fun with all those jokes and discussions on the comments! Thanks hackers and a special mention to Colton- for the unofficial chat and all the unexpected fun. Thanks to all the others who’ve always been there to talk to me when I go OMG! I WANT TO GO TO MIT! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE and run in circles and panic- Dhok, Mr. A, Adr, Doo, Spi, X- etc. etc. (you guys know who you are)! Thanks you everyone for making the experience what it was.

I guess I should end this here! MIT Applicants 2013 FTW! Hope we make it! ‚ò∫

Posted by: Kunaal on March 10, 2009

OK. that came out longer than intended! smile Haha!

Posted by: Kunaal on March 10, 2009

Pi Day! That's so exciting.

Posted by: Molly H. ('13?) on March 10, 2009

So we're soon going to be informed of their decicions...I think it would be 23:29 (Kabul time) for me. Thank you Admissions Department.

I would like to tell my fellow candidates not to be nervous. It'll be just the outcome of all the factors involved, most of which, if not all - although that's another story, are not in our control. We could've done (or not done) anything about it earlier.

I, myself, am waiting for a "rejection", so that if I am accepted, I'll really be happy, and if I get rejection, it shouldn't hurt me alot.

Posted by: AbdulHamidAziz on March 10, 2009

@AbdulHamidAziz : Aren't we all ? :(

Posted by: Mina Adel on March 10, 2009

Yeah Pi
I first want to pay respect to everyone in admission office, every blogger, and all EC's who helped us through the whole admission process
I am staying optimistic and I hope everyone reading this is
I also hope that MIT found what they were looking for in an applicant in me
Good luck for all

Posted by: Abdallah ?13 on March 10, 2009

God Speed!

Posted by: Anon on March 10, 2009

The worst part is, I have to wait even longer until April 1st for Stanford Admissions.

Posted by: 0 on March 10, 2009

199

Posted by: rankeya on March 10, 2009

200! smile
Rankeya: seem to be pretty bored- lol! so you lurking at the chatroom! LOL! smile

Posted by: Kunaal on March 10, 2009

200 yay!!!!!!!!!

pretty lame dt one from me but anyway..... its neat and sexy.... results on pi day........... actually results past pi day for a few of according to our standard times...........

finally i get to c a decision and im glad MIT is the first one to release it....

MIT u rock!!!!

Posted by: rankeya on March 10, 2009

damn u kunaal... i ws waiting for the double century.... and i thght id post 200 and den my comment... lucks ur way mate...... ull get in......

Posted by: rankeya on March 10, 2009

"Each year, more than 2,000 international students apply, and approximately 100 are admitted."
=> I'm so depressed :(

Posted by: Suji on March 10, 2009

Semper fi, people, semper fi...

Posted by: Anonymous on March 10, 2009

YAY!!!!!

Posted by: Pranav on March 10, 2009

Alexandre Dumas: "All human wisdom is summed up in two words: wait and hope"

Posted by: 0 on March 10, 2009

Seems as if Dumas crafted this quote specifically for MIT Admission Decisions!
I have a quote which usually lightens my mood when I experience a setback : "Just because my ship sails out of sight, doesn't mean the journey ends, it just means the river bends" =)

Posted by: Rahul on March 10, 2009

i almost got a schock when i received MIT's email thinking it was the decision results.

haha, scared the hell out of me.

Posted by: KeNth on March 10, 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14alLh3LglQ
^this translates it all.

snap, I won't be home to see this until late Sunday. daaang!

Posted by: Maria Han on March 10, 2009

Exactly 4 more days! Good luck everybody.

And many thanks to Matt!

Posted by: Prospective 13 on March 10, 2009

OMG!!!! 3/14. I'll be in the airplane flying back to Korea for the sprng break. I hope I could scream in delight when I get back home. Everybody good luck!

Posted by: SJ on March 10, 2009

Bah! For the past three months I've been mentally preparing for March 20. Now it's six days earlier!!!!!

Oh man oh man !!!

Posted by: 0 on March 10, 2009

:( ! /dies

Posted by: 0 on March 10, 2009

"actually, we’ll probably have decisions posted a minute before 2pm."

LOL

Posted by: 0 on March 10, 2009

Good luck, all. Try to breathe a little before pi day/time. I know it will be a struggle for me.

Either way, though--be ready to struggle and succeed at MIT or somewhere else. We are all capable of greatness. MIT has the resources to help us accomplish that, but in the end, it all comes back to us. We can do anything. Don't give up if you don't make it.

Celebrate and be incredibly proud if you do.

Best of luck, all.

Posted by: Dan on March 10, 2009

Ok guys, I have waited for this moment for the last 2 years so its scary.... I am a little sad that in 4 days time all hope of being an MIT Student will be gone since I will either KNOW that I am an MIT student or I will know that I am NOT an MIT student... I will no longer be able to "Hope" to be one.

Well, I tried my best and the outcome really does not change what I have learned in the last 2 years.

I guess, all of us are MIT students even if we don't go to MIT since an MIT student is a person who never gives up and can always find new ways of realizing their dreams...

Sorry guys, I am rambling on, anyway good luck to every one and hope that maybe, just maybe I will be standing by that Great Dome and thinking back at this moment.

Posted by: Fouad (Hoping to be an MIT STUDENT!) on March 10, 2009

Woot, pi day! That's awesome. Now, how do I survive till then...

Posted by: Ben on March 10, 2009

Relax...

Posted by: J.Y.Park on March 10, 2009

"You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith"
Mary Manin Morrissey

Posted by: Rodrigo on March 10, 2009

wow...so many comments

4 more days...nice, thank God this wait is coming to an end.

good luck to everyone!!!

will definitely be at the chat Colton...hopefully with great news.

good luck again to us all!!!

Posted by: TorffickA on March 10, 2009

oh my god...the day is almost here!! I need a miracle..I LOVE MIT =)) .. ahhhhh.. the wait is painful.. GOOD LUCK to everyone.. hopefully we'll all see each other at this wonderful place next year.. =)

Posted by: anonymous on March 10, 2009

You all every body
YOu all every body....................
Thanks Matt

Posted by: Alireza on March 10, 2009

Just remember.....whatever happens was meant to be. So don't worry! Be happy grin

(I know this seems a bit optimistic...but work with me here!)

Posted by: Hannah on March 10, 2009

*does happy dance because now i'll know before i go to France*

Posted by: Mark on March 10, 2009

What a pleasant treat! Results so early! But hopefully this won't ruin Pi Day, or spring break for that matter.

Posted by: 0 on March 10, 2009

Oh gosh. This is going to be my first decision for a major school that I actually have a desire to go to. I'm nervous, excited, and freaked out all simultaneously. My emotions are going on overdrive! I wonder if I can last another few days at this rate. Ah!

Good luck to everyone!!!!!

Posted by: 0 on March 10, 2009

YaY! Thank you MIT!

Good Luck ;D

Posted by: Yay on March 10, 2009

regardless of the outcome, thanks for everything, you guys are amazing; I can't believe you have already finished reviewing them all, but we appreciate the shorter wait!

Posted by: hillary on March 10, 2009

Take heart. You are who you are, and you tried your best. The rest is in the hands of the Gods.

Remember this- if you don't get in, it doesn't make you a failure. It's just the powers that be making sure you go to place that suits you best.

Good luck to all. I hope to see you next year, perhaps at MIT.

Peace. And if you get in, do those of us who don't proud!

Posted by: Will Hines on March 10, 2009

@Fouad

Believe me, I hope for you the best, but with a post like that, aren't you just tempting fate to waitlist you?

Posted by: Narce on March 10, 2009

‚ô´ "You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes you might find
You get what you need... (MIT?)" ‚ô´

Posted by: 0 on March 10, 2009

I was so disappointed when I was deferred at early action, I'm not sure I want to feel that again if I'm rejected for real this time.

And I'm gonna be on a church retreat until 6pm saturday, so not only will I have to wait several extra hours, but also I'll be focused on MIT the whole time I'm on the retreat.

Good luck to everyone else. After seeing how excited you all are about the 3.14159 thing, I know MIT's about to get a lot of cool, geeky kids like me (even if I'm not one of them).

Posted by: 0 on March 10, 2009

Typical MIT. That's just one of the reasons I really want to go here.

Posted by: Mathew Boban on March 10, 2009

Oh, and Suji. I feel your pain.

When people used to ask me what I wanted to do when I grow up, I would respond:

"I want to go to MIT".

They would ask why?

"Because it is nerdy!"

Haha.
That is the five year old me.
And here my fate has already been determined, and is unfortunately completely out of my hands. I suppose we don't always get our 5 year old dreams, but it would be amazing.....

Posted by: Me on March 10, 2009

Yay! I was hoping sooooo badly we'd find out on Pi day! since I'm living on the west coast, i'm actually tempted to wait until 1:59 my time just for the beautiful mathematical symbolism and all...but I don't know if I'll be able to handle those three hours!!!

Plus I'll be RIGHT in the middle of southern california's regional FIRST robotics competition! aaaa!

Posted by: David ‚àë on March 10, 2009

I have already come to the conclusion that I will not get in (pessimist as I am) but, hey I hope everyone who does has the TIME OF THEIR LIVES! It might not hit you all right away, but the next 4 years will be AMAZING FOR YE! (yes I just said "ye")

As for me, off to state uni, somewhere where it is not 50k a year lol. *big hugs for all accepted*

Posted by: Nate on March 10, 2009

MIT is amazing : ) Good luck all RA applicants!

Posted by: Sara '13 on March 10, 2009

Bleh, I'm all for people saying "I don't expect it, but it would be so amazing to get in!" but there are WAY too many people who act like they don't have a chance.

If you really believed that, you wouldn't have applied, and you won't check your admissions decision on Saturday. *clonks all of you on the head manga-style* So stop saying such pessimistic things!

Posted by: Narce on March 10, 2009

^ haha.. my first name is "ye"
thanks, nate xD

Posted by: deng on March 10, 2009

Actually, on second thought I think I'd rather check at 3.14159 MIT time, not california (for multiple reasons) smile

@ Nate,
you NEVER KNOW! what came first, the chicken or the egg??
THE EGG. so don't coun't em early. (yess i just referenced two cliches in the same sentence) at least optimism is more fun..go for the gold!

..and listen to MIKA's "Relax, Take it Easy" while you're at it... smile

Posted by: David ‚àë on March 10, 2009

merged game. all but the lower right square open!

Posted by: gustav on March 10, 2009

wow. i've waited for half a year now, considering that i submitted my application early fall. JUDGEMENT DAY HAS FINALLY COME! i think i'll go get a couple of pies for saturday, lol. if i get in, i'm gonna celebrate by eating them all; if i don't get in, i'm gonna cry and eat them all while watching "Good Will Hunting", mourning the fact that i can't re-create my version of the movie. so i get pie either way. yay. good luck everyone!

Posted by: CDubs on March 10, 2009

From this point on, just post your favorite type of pie or the type you are most hungry for.

I am SO hungry for key lime pie. It is totally my favorite. If the radius of the pie is 5 inches, I could eat a third of the pie right now.

Posted by: NeeshaLovesKeyLimePie on March 10, 2009

I am checking the website every 5 hours or so, although i know the results are online on Sat. ... Can't wait...

Posted by: Shahla on March 10, 2009

hands are sweaty
face is red
this blog made me hold my breath

good luck

Posted by: ayaz khan on March 10, 2009

thanks for the heads-up, and good luck to everyone

Posted by: robert on March 10, 2009

I love MIT

Posted by: Mingwei on March 10, 2009

Gosh I can't wait! Staying possitive, and excited! I have a slow internet connection but I am so determined to get on exactly at 1:59! Thank you so much for giving us all the chance!

My chapter of National Math Honor Society is trying to get all the memebers to make awesome t-shirts to wear on friday to school to celebrate ... pre-pi day?... haha I'm going to try to wear my nifty shirt at 1:59 for the mass unveiling.

Anyway pi day and Einstein are basically awesome. I respect both haha. Break a leg to, good luck, may the force be with you to me and all the others out there. Good luck everyone!

Posted by: Elizabeth Hall on March 10, 2009

haha....
only MIT would want to give out decisions on Pi day!

Posted by: Sravz on March 10, 2009

Nice, Neesha; on pie day, I'm going to be having a little of apple pie, blueberry pie, pumpkin pie, and chocolate pie.

The last one is my favorite, because chocolate pudding in pie = godlike.

And Shahla, I can completely sympathize. I did the same thing (checking every couple hours a week before decisions were announced XD) for EA decisions!

Posted by: Narce on March 11, 2009

omg omg omg i cannot wait!! thank you~ admissions!

Posted by: sally on March 11, 2009

Best of luck everyone!

Posted by: Vince on March 11, 2009

Shouldn't it be 3/14 1:59AM instead? 3/14 1:59PM => 3.141359 which is NOT Π!

Posted by: Π=3.1415926... on March 11, 2009

@Π=3.1415926...

If you are going to use military time(the 24 hour clock) then it would be 01:59 and that really wouldn't be pi either...

besides, I don't think they really want to come in and update the site at about 2 in the morning.

Posted by: Lotte on March 11, 2009

@Π=3.1415926... :
I think you're right, but it would be better if we think of it as following:

AM=1, PM=2, a posteriori

3 . 14 1 59 2
March, 14, 1: 59 PM

Posted by: Ricardo Reyna on March 11, 2009

Hope I get in, I was already rejected at Caltech.

Posted by: SrEstroncio on March 11, 2009

I got rejected at Caltech too...

MIT!!!!!!!!

Posted by: randojer on March 11, 2009

i can't wait... Saturday...the day the world stands still...well at least for me....nd i got rejected at caltech as well....but its MIT all the way.... :D

Posted by: shab '13? on March 11, 2009

MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Its gettin toooooooooooooooo tenseyyyyyyyyyyyyyy..lol...

@ all Indians....Boards??.. Givin it a blow..lol...I have never been sooooooooo tensed man.. Not even when i ma 10th results..

Vots ur take, Guys....??

Posted by: Mohit on March 11, 2009

I am really gonna miss this site..man..I would really nostalgic about whatsoever be the decision......

ALL the bloggers, Snively, Paul, Shannon, so on...

N Yes How could I 4get the 8 Hackers...lol..HOw U GuYs DoIn MaN?... geared up i guess

Posted by: Mohit on March 11, 2009

DAmn;
My spelling grammer alls gone to hell.. My hands a tremblin big tym... Just typin Crap..lol.. Hope u guys dont mind it!

Posted by: 0 on March 11, 2009

DAmn;

Posted by: Mohit on March 11, 2009

@Mohit

Luckily its the English board exam next (CBSE) ... can spend/waste(?) my time wondering and dreaming and pondering ... but ya ... very tensed ... last time I was so tensed about results on the net was class 10 board exam results ... I probably won't be able to study on saturday ... what about u guys (n gals :D)?

Posted by: Rahul on March 11, 2009

Just Can't Wait...

Posted by: Yash(?13) on March 11, 2009

You couldn't have released the decisions February 7 at 6:28 AM?
e≈2.718281...
Or even better, Jan. 4 at 1:42... I'll leave you to figure that one out on your own grin

but seriously, I will get zero sleep Friday night... it will be like Christmas × 1023...

Posted by: Ryan on March 11, 2009

A countdown clock so you can obsess over the time left...
http://xrl.in/1qvv

Posted by: Ryan on March 11, 2009

oops... use this one instead
http://xrl.in/1qvx

Posted by: Ryan on March 11, 2009

all right, last one I swear
Countdown To MIT Decision

Posted by: Ryan on March 11, 2009

Ryan that's the root of 2, and I don't think that would have been a good idea, (it's 4 days into the year)
to everyone else, good luck. thanks Matt, and the entire team, and all the bloggers.
to me, uuumm, I really don't know. btw, I'm not cynical, but what do you do if you get rejected?

Posted by: marvin on March 11, 2009

no, should have a positive attitude, you won't get rejected...

Posted by: zi on March 11, 2009

Well, if you get rejected, ordinarily you'd go somewhere else. Though I've heard of people taking a yearlong break to work then apply to MIT again next year ">.>

Posted by: Narce on March 11, 2009

I got rejected at Caltech, too. But then, I'm an international student.
I wasn't too disappointed by that, but even thinking about MIT's decision makes my stomach clench. Literally. I'm going to have major stomach ache by the end of the week, getting accepted would fix that.
I'm the first student from my school to apply to MIT (or Caltech for that matter). I do NOT want a repeat of the 'haha's after the Caltech rejection.

Posted by: Shruti on March 11, 2009

@ MIT: please just release them and get it over with or you'll have some students dying of heart attacks or failing in their board exams... which would mean doom either ways...

Posted by: Rankeya on March 11, 2009

@ Rahul

arrey, dude..its all happenin in here..man.. I 2 hv ma English Boards on 13th..u in CBSE? vot was ur %age in 10th..? I actually was not dat much tensed in ma 10th results..
rite now...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!...lol..

Posted by: Mohit on March 11, 2009

@ Rankeya..

Howz u doin?..Geared up?

Posted by: Mohit on March 11, 2009

@Rankeya: I agree, MIT seems to be doing this for the dramatic affect.

Posted by: 0 on March 11, 2009

Its all about having some will power;
and a positive attitude.... AND OFCOURSE TO RELAX..(which i think is pretty difficult!)

Posted by: Mohit on March 11, 2009

Wait ...
I think you've made a mistake.
Can't you just check over my application one more time???

Posted by: Raj on March 11, 2009

@Mohit

in 10 i got 90.33 ... not very impressive i know but languages brought me down ... wat abt u?
ya srsly ... this is much worse ...

freakin out here ... and this is only 4 days before the actual thing ... imagine saturday night (India)

Posted by: Rahul on March 11, 2009

@mohit: im doin quite allrite... apart from that is not wanting to study english...... and douglas' deep water is doing nothing to alleviate my fright.... i bet this is terror beyond d one he felt....

Posted by: Rankeya on March 11, 2009

I remember the tension in December. I see a lot of international students here. I just reviewed the stats, must really be tense for all who are overseas. Good luck.

Posted by: EA13 on March 11, 2009

ahhhh the excitement! :D

It's been my dream for as long as i can remember...

I really hope we all get in! :D

Posted by: Gerardo on March 11, 2009

Okay, 2am Sunday...morning?
I am GLAD you are on Daylight Saving.
Looks like I'm not getting much sleep, either way.
I keep telling myself the odds are too long, and then I keep planning life at MIT, from major to dorm to IAP. Whoosh.

Posted by: Shruti on March 11, 2009

@ Gerardo

It has also been my dream for a really long time Gerardo!

But I have done a lot of things for this dream, so I hope and believe that this dream of mine is going to become reality this Saturday!

I also hope that yours will also become reality!

Posted by: Anthony P on March 11, 2009

Did you guys get emails about the decision time?

Posted by: Sally on March 11, 2009

@ Sally

I got an email. Didn't you?

@ Everybody

3 days 2 hours 48 minutes 20 seconds remaining!!!!!!

Posted by: Anthony P on March 11, 2009

Lotte wrote:

"I don't think they really want to come in and update the site at about 2 in the morning."

Come on, couldn't they SCHEDULE the release of admission decisions then without any human intervention? If mit could not figure out how to do it, I'd rather go to another college...

BTW, don't we stay up till 5 or 6 am in the morning? wouldn't it be more fun if mit releases it in the middle of night? Why did they set the application deadline at midnight not at noon?

@Shruti

Me too ... I just cant seem to stop ... plans n dreams ... i know the more i do, the worse it is ... in case i dont get in ... i really need to stop or else it'll turn out very bad ...

@Rankeya

Ya i agree ... this terror seems worse ... butterflies in the stomach ... and the worst part of all - we have to put up with it for 3 more days ...

Posted by: Rahul on March 11, 2009

@Elizabeth Hall

It turns out that the most popular name among girls for freshmans in the classes of 2011 and 2012 was Elizabeth raspberry ... Looks like youre in luck ...
Same goes to all you Michaels and Elizabeths out there ...

Posted by: Rahul on March 11, 2009

There are altogether more than nineteen thousand applicants this year...And I have to check my result at midnight on Saturday.

Posted by: Chang Yang on March 11, 2009

may i know the number of international acceptance!!!!!

Posted by: anonynimous on March 11, 2009

^^

The accept about 120 int'l applicants

Posted by: 0 on March 11, 2009

120!

Oh how I wish I was American (T____T)

Posted by: Jesse on March 11, 2009

@ Rankeya

CBSE Applicants.. saved! English.. I dun think i'll b able 2 study 4 maths? Will u? I'll b takin dat Decision in ma mind throughout till 24th of March..actually even after dat..! Probably throughout my lyf!

@Rahul..

dude, 90.33 is gud..i got a 91%.. in CBSE.. Is urs a CBSE %age 2..? Then itsss DAMNN Gud.. seriously....where u 4rm?

Posted by: Mohit on March 11, 2009

@ Jesse

Americans hv a better priviledge 2 get in!.. This includes US Citizens n Permanent Res...I hope 2 was one of dese..!!

Posted by: Mohit on March 11, 2009

@ Rankeya,Rahul

Aren't u guys juz dreamin of d decisions..I m though..

I read Sadao..n The American prisoner of war story (The Enemy) n it TOOK ME 1 WHOLE DAY TO FINISH.. AFTER EVERY SENTENCE I READ I USED 2 START DREAMING ABOUT MIT..MIT..MIT...MIT...MIT...!!!lol..

N yeah Douglas is nice chap. for refreshment..d only difference..he had a phobia of water (hydrophobia) n v hv a phobia of MIT DECISIONS (Decisionphobia!)

Posted by: Mohit on March 11, 2009

299 !

Posted by: SRV on March 11, 2009

300 !! . . . at last ...

Posted by: SRV on March 11, 2009

Good luck everyone! And congratulations to those accepted in Early Action. I'm getting really nervous and can't wait till Saturday.

Posted by: Elena K on March 11, 2009

You are a HOT blogger Matt

Posted by: 0 on March 11, 2009

Hey dudes! What is goin' all with U all(what a harmony raspberry)?!

Just B relax, n' U'll find EVERYTHING U want. smile

Anyway, where R U from Shahla? Am I just right n' U R persian buddy? wink

Posted by: Mahyar on March 11, 2009

Heh, pi time for decisions!

I probably won't make it though, only 700 on the SAT math section for an EE major and no interview...

Posted by: Dan on March 11, 2009

@ Narce,
I know... I still check the website every couple of hours or so... I wanna know the results so badddd... CAN'T wait...

Posted by: Shahla on March 11, 2009

@ Narce,
I know... I still check the website every couple of hours or so... I wanna know the results soooo badddd... CAN'T wait...

Posted by: Shahla on March 11, 2009

@everyone: Think of it this way. . . next to our name, at this moment, is either one of three words; admitted, 'not admitted,' and wait-listed.

So how does this work, we log on and then what?

I am nervously anticipating a rejection, and by virtue of that, I am not going to get upset upon receiving my admissions decision :S (at least, I hope)

Posted by: Abdel-karim on March 11, 2009

I'm so nervous!!! at first i thought 3/14 was school day and i thought it torture to let decisions out 10 min before school ended!

Posted by: 13??? on March 11, 2009

@Ricardo Reyna
Haha good thought, even better!

@Rahul
Or maybe it just means that proportionately more Elizabeths and Michaels apply, therefore it it see in the results as more of them, haha. I side with you though, (at least i hope so haha)it makes me feel better. Maybe 17 years ago when i got named, it was all in preparation for this. Like destiny... =o haha nah, i did my best on the application, and i've worked hard in everything i do, so hopefully it will pay off, regardless my name! =)

Posted by: Elizabeth Hall on March 11, 2009

I got waitlisted at Caltech and am anxiously awaiting an MIT decision before I send the Waiting List Reply form. Opening the letter and reading waitlist is such a letdown. After waiting so long for a decision, they ask you to wait a bit longer.

Posted by: 0 on March 11, 2009

Has anyone of you actually thought about what you were doing March 14th at 1:59 last year? I was taking a picture at exactly 1:59:30 on March 14th 2008! haha

Posted by: Dago on March 11, 2009

Grad school, anyone?

Posted by: 0 on March 11, 2009

It will be 6.59 pm in Switzerland...
Thanks for taking time to review our applications and good luck everyone!!

Posted by: Suyang Zhang on March 11, 2009

@Dan,

Don't give up hope yet.

SAT scores are just a away for the ad com to see if you can handle the MIT workload, and I've heard they take anything over 700 as a 800, so best of luck!!!!!

Posted by: jimmy '13 on March 11, 2009

I really hope they mean it when they say that if smart people from the same school as you doesn't hurt your chances. Because there is this one kid at my school who applied and got like 800 or close to it on everything including subject tests... My scores were fine except my reading which was 640 so I hope that is fine

Posted by: 0 on March 11, 2009

Hey matt,

thanks for taking your time to read our apps. Good luck to everyone on here. I'm pretty sure most of you will get in.

Posted by: boris on March 11, 2009

@Mohit
Ya I guess so ... i'm satisfied with what i got ...
i live in kharagpur ... just outside the IIT campus :D ... what about u?
Ya srsly ... it's taking me longer to study as usual ... its scary thinking they have all the decisions ready and my fate has been sealed ... i'll see whether i can study maths depending on the decision (nothing much to study actually raspberry)... in the unlikely case that i get in (OH MY GAAAWWWWDDDDDD!!!), i know i wont be able to study at all for few days ... and at the moment im dreaming of decisions and much much more ...

@Elizabeth
aah u never know ... maybe the decisions office has some affinity towards your name :p ...

@Abdel Karim
Me too anticipating a rejection ... and also think that i wont be let down ... but you really never know ...

@all
add me up on gtalk if u like ... id: hockeyrahul (dont ask abt the hockey ... it was a kid thing)

Posted by: Rahul on March 11, 2009

Vytautas and others-
I know! How awesome is that ("that" being that decisions are posted on Pi Day at 1:59... hahahahaha) (annoying for me though because I have to wait until Sabbath ends ~7:30. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa)

Posted by: Pnina on March 11, 2009

319 comments wow. Too bad i missed Pi X 10^2 comment.

Posted by: 0 on March 11, 2009

Ohhh my. What,less than three days left? COUNTDOWN!!

Posted by: brolin on March 11, 2009

oh man... the suspense!

I'm a little worried because I didn't do any big science fair stuff, robotics competitions or olympiads that I hear a lot of people do... The closest I got was math contests... o.O

Posted by: Tara on March 11, 2009

@ Rahul..

kewl u livin outside IIT campus..i live in Bombay...about a few kms. from IIT, Mumbai..I bit far though...

Dreamin,Dreamin,Dreamin,Dreamin, Dreamin,Dreamin,Dreamin,Dreamin, Dreamin,Dreamin,Dreamin,Dreamin.................till infinity...lol..

Ya seriously i dun deres nething in Maths..bbut lets wait n watch (Actually i cant wait ne more!)..The tension, pressure, curiousity, anxiety is increasin hour by hour!

Posted by: Mohit on March 11, 2009

Dago...too much of a geek to get in..

Posted by: EA13 on March 12, 2009

I think I just went to the other world when I read the mail that the decision are going to be online on Saturday.

Pi day - we have a competition at school that day and I am going to be an organizer. Oh my god... I will be thinking about MIT all day long.

2 at Eastern time right? Oh my, MIT - the dream school...

Does anyone think that they will be able to sleep that night?

Posted by: Tugce on March 12, 2009

@Anthony P

Yeah i know, so have I! I have competed in many science competitions, and have even designed a hydrophone for them..an such things..smile

Best of luck

Posted by: Gerardo on March 12, 2009

ugh I cant even sleep anymore I am still up at 12:30 EST and I have to get up at 6:00

LOOK WHAT YOU ARE DOING TO ME MIT!!!!!

Well see, I will be up all night Friday night of course, so my plan is not to wake up till like 1:45 so that I don't die that day....

Posted by: 0 on March 12, 2009

I love how every wishes everyone else the best of luck in getting in. Don't mean to be sarcastic or anything, but don't you all wish everyone else to have less luck than you? That's how I feel at least. If someone else doesn't get admitted, it increases the chance for me to get admitted. I just wanted to point out this interesting yet ironic phenomenon I've noticed on this comment line.

Posted by: anonymous on March 12, 2009

@Mohit

Used to live in Powai too when I was pretty small ... just outside the IIT Campus again raspberry ...

no pressure but anxiety in me ... i wonder what its gonna be like an hour or two before they actually come out ...

Posted by: Rahul on March 12, 2009

This is my first post and probably the last. I have seen some of the most beautiful moments of my life since I thought of trying my luck at MIT .......... Recall for a while the past few glorious months ....they will remain treasured in our hearts irrespective of whether we get in or not.... The decision will soon be made ........prepare urselves friends .WISH YOU ALL A VERY GOOD LUCK

Posted by: synner on March 12, 2009

One question. This was asked previously by Ron but it was left unanswered - Do we get to know about our financial aid offers with or immediately after the results?

Posted by: 0 on March 12, 2009

Posted by: 0 on March 12, 2009

my fingers are trembling and I think my blood is going to gush out of my body and what else don't ask.

Anyways,Good luck to all.

@rankeya, mohit, rahul and all Indians

hume jo karna hai, woh to hamne karliya
baaki sab uuper vaale par chood do

Good luck once again !!!!

Posted by: akhila on March 12, 2009

wishing someone luck is only courtesy, and know the karma thing, the blessings flow back to you. however bad you feel about it, just go ahead and wish everyone luck, sincerely, and maybe...

Posted by: anon on March 12, 2009

does location also play a role in the international admissions, like a native african from Darfur applying?

Posted by: ? on March 12, 2009

@ Rahul and all

I am excited, I dunno what will be the result, Also, the English CBSE prep is quite boring.
Since, I live in an IIT campus, I feel that MIT would be a second world to me...

I got 95.2% in 10th, so I am not worried about my board exams...

Posted by: Yash(?13) on March 12, 2009

good luck to everyone.

feelin nervous

Posted by: tara on March 12, 2009

All the very best to all the wonderful applicants here.
I ve learnt a lot and its an experience I ll have with me forever.

Thanks Matt for everythign ( No Idea whether this d reach you or not) Anyways thanks...

Signing off from Decisions blog wink
Sharath Chandra

Posted by: Sharath Chandra on March 12, 2009

good luck to every one!

Posted by: 0 on March 12, 2009

@Akhila

Ya ... nothing can be done now ... im not very religious but if you see me an hour before any result comes out...... raspberry ...

@Yash

Wow thats awesome! ... and which iit campus do you live in?

Posted by: Rahul on March 12, 2009

@ Rahul and all

I live in the IIT Kharagpur Campus. My father is a professor in Geology.

Posted by: Yash(?13) on March 12, 2009

1:59,14 March
3.14159?

Posted by: Chang Yang on March 12, 2009

Good luck, everybody (and myself)!!

Posted by: singapore girl on March 12, 2009

Good luck to all the pakistanis(including me) and to all the rest of wonderful applicants from around the world!

Posted by: saad(bahawlpur,pakistan) on March 12, 2009

akhila, your post made me smile smile

good luck everyone!

Posted by: MA on March 12, 2009

Halaw shloonko0m , ana 9aba min el q8 Ambay i cant belive ena it' almost here ambay 7adii exited w bnafs el wa8t me5taar3aA!!! gO0D LUK 2 ALL W enshalla ely rabii katba be9eer tewakalna 3ala alla

Posted by: Saba on March 12, 2009

Luck*

Posted by: saba on March 12, 2009

hii all im saba fro0m Q8 , im soo exited but still abit scared ,, don't know what 2 expetct , any way Go0d luck 2 all i hope we all get what wee want , and you should know that no matter what happens weather u get excepted or not it's what god planed 4 u Go0D Luck!;D

Posted by: 0 on March 12, 2009

Oh my God, can't even sleep at night.. I dream about it... it doesn't leave me alone at night... can't wait to see the reults...

Posted by: Shahla on March 12, 2009

What should I do? I know that every single applicant is excited, and afraid at the same time, but I know that I don't have that feeling right now.
Because of my adviser, my required materials were not sent, it was my fault, too. Now I know that I don't have a chance, or if I want to live in another fantasy, I need an additional miracle to the one miracle everyone here is looking for.

I have known about MIT a few months more than a year. It was an experience, a really lovely one. Every moment was another different enjoyable one.
But tears now are trying to alleviate my state of the painful ambiguity, the fact that I may not know whether I would have gotten accepted if everything went normal.

Having learned my lesson, maybe I will try for graduate school one day....

بو حسنة

Posted by: 0 on March 12, 2009

1:59,14 March
3.14159?

Wow, Chang Yang what an observation. smile
Good luck everyone ^_^

March | 14 | 1:59|
3 .14 159

Posted by: Ahmed O on March 12, 2009

@Anonymous: inta meen feen?

Posted by: Abdel-karim on March 12, 2009

...I find out from MIT and Rennsaelar on Saturday...I think Carnegie Mellon, too

Posted by: Eric ('13?) on March 12, 2009

"ugh I cant even sleep anymore I am still up at 12:30 EST and I have to get up at 6:00

LOOK WHAT YOU ARE DOING TO ME MIT!!!!"

The same here - I totally agree with you - although I don't know your name smile

Posted by: Tugce on March 12, 2009

@Matt, mind to show us the server load within this week? Haha~

I didn't do really well in the SAT. Who knows if I still have a chance. Grade is not about everything, right?
(I'm just trying to be optimistic here. XD)

Posted by: Robin on March 12, 2009

Hmmm. . . Decisions, Decisions, Decisions. . . I don't like the fact that our decisions are sitting on a table, or in a program, while we have to wait until pi day, for the dramatic affect. MIT has always tried its best to ease the tension and the stress of the college admissions process (which they significantly have), but come on, we want our decisions, so we can proceed with our lives!

I just want to get it over with!

Good Luck to everyone.

@rahul

the fact is that whether we believe in god or not, we indians (many) become truly opportunistic and may be a bit optimistic during hard times and everyone unknowingly starts praying god if not outerward, atleast in the deep of our hearts, we do for sure. so good luck. bye

@MA

Its a pleasure to bring smiles to others

Posted by: akhila on March 12, 2009

@ Everyone but especially Abdel-karim

You know it is kind of funny waiting for the decisions to come out. Well, not exactly funny, but it is the hardest part (psychologically) from the whole application. Why do you want this application process to finish so quickly? If you think of it more thoroughly, you have been completing your application for a lot time and you waited all this time. Why are so impatient during this week (not that I am not), but there is no reason. We just have to live our lives and when the results come out just log in to check! (I have said that again:P)

Live your lives just like you used to do 1 year before!!!!!!

Posted by: Anthony P on March 12, 2009

@anthony

very true !!!!!

Posted by: Irene on March 12, 2009

359!

Posted by: Dhvanit on March 12, 2009

What are the odds that there are two Mohits from India who have applied to MIT for admission to the class of '13???

Posted by: mohit the second on March 12, 2009

I'll be here next year, trust me

Posted by: Andygongyb on March 12, 2009

It's so weird that this could be one of the last days that I'm a prospective student for this school. Scary!!!

Posted by: 0 on March 12, 2009

@ All you sleepless people.

I don't know about you but I have zero trouble sleeping. Sure I'm anxious but MIT is not the only highway that can take you through life. Therefore, I have this advice for you: Don't stress over MIT. Don't limit yourself to MIT. Don't worry about admissions.(They have already been made and its too late to change anything.) And, of course, lose sleep over important things such as writing programs, or overclocking your computer, like I did last night... stayed up until 3 am and it was a school night. Take control and ride life. Don't let life ride you.

Posted by: Jacob Herman on March 12, 2009

All of the previous pie days I just ate pies and used to wait for exactly 1:59:26 on the thrid of March!! This pie day is like my MOST TENSED UP pie day!! Aaaaagh!! its ALMOST HERE!!!

Posted by: 0 on March 12, 2009

Good luck y'all!! smile

Posted by: 0 on March 12, 2009

Gosh, this is so nerve racking >.Gosh, this is so nerve racking >.< Also, my physics SAT 2 sucked so bad (670)

.....Waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!

If I did fairly well on the math SAT 2, Reasoning SAT, and ACT, then does that help balance it out?

Posted by: électronique on March 12, 2009

@ Abdel-karim

UAE.

Posted by: 0 on March 12, 2009

What an observation Chang Yang smile
March | 14 | 1:59
3 .14 159

Good Luck every one ^_^

Posted by: Ahmed O on March 12, 2009

@Antony P: I do enjoy my life; I am not stuck on the computer checking whether MIT might have release the results a day earlier. It's just that MIT prides itself with the fact that it is one of the colleges that try to lessen the stresses associated with college admissions. Don't try and tell me, that you live your life normally between now and the decision, the topic of your decision, the question of whether you'll be accepted or not must cross your mind once in a while. What I *am* saying is that MIT should not hold back decisions because they want to release them on pi day. The fact that I spent so much time on the application should directly entail the fact that the decisions should come out as soon as possible.

I just find a contradiction in this and the policies of MIT. Don't get me wrong, I seriously love MIT. It has been my dream school since 8th grade.

Although I am sure of my decision, I would just like to move on and not waste the remainder of my brain cells thinking about it.

Anyway, good luck.

Down here - March 14th is 14/3

Posted by: Eric on March 12, 2009

Anyway I heard that to gain admission to MIT as an international student, you MUST be extraordinary in some way. That is, must have won some international recognition!!!

Posted by: Chloe Oliver on March 12, 2009

@ Eric: I think CMU is mailing later (http://www.enrollment.cmu.edu/admission/blogs/jaycieg/)
I AM SO NERVOUS

Posted by: Pnina on March 12, 2009

42 more hours!!

Posted by: ayaz khan on March 12, 2009

I'll be at work :( (Until 5pm *groans)

I'll probably violate every road code on the face of the planet getting home

Posted by: nijawarrior on March 12, 2009

With God all things are possible.

Posted by: 0 on March 12, 2009

@ Mohitthesecond

Hi, where in india r u 4rm.. seriously no wonder dat two mohits' have applied to MIT..

Posted by: Mohit Dhagat( Writin full as dere r 2 Mohits who h on March 12, 2009

Chloe, I hope that you were utterly misinformed. I mean, what are the chances that around 100 of the international students admitted have international recognition?

Posted by: Tara on March 12, 2009

@Narce
Thnx Narce!! I'm pretty much enjoying "One Piece" this is sso funny, and I feel time goes much faster when I'm reading it. LOL

http://onemanga.com/One_Piece/1/01/

exactly one week ago, I was super nervous waiting for Caltech decision. The last one day was particularly HORRIBLE. But, I think I can wait watching One Piece~

Thanks again, NARCE !! and congratulations for being accepted for the class of 2013.

And..

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE !!!!

Posted by: gold on March 12, 2009

@ Anonymous who said "With God all things are possible."

And even if He does not permit it, we still have peace, for we seek Him. He knows what is best for us, regardless of what occurs in this decision. See Isaiah 55:8-9

Posted by: brother on March 12, 2009

@ Brother
"With God all things are possible." Whatever happens in this world, is His decision. We do not have peace if he does not permit it.

Posted by: Saad Asif on March 12, 2009

There is no way to prove or support that statement, so i refuse to accept it as valid.

And i'm even a religious person.

Posted by: @Saad Asif on March 12, 2009

Omg, i am counting down the hours and minutes... i have a final exam on that day... i would have to ask the teacher to leave the room to check the results... i am not sure if she'll allow it... i am excited yet nervous

Posted by: Shahla on March 12, 2009

I hope Saturday, March the 14th, shall be the day my life changes for ever!!!!!

Posted by: Parth on March 12, 2009

@ Parth
What a nice thing to say... wow... I hope, too

Posted by: Shahla on March 12, 2009

You sound like a constructionist mathematician smile

Posted by: @@Saad Asif on March 13, 2009

@Rahul
Haha who knows! But what i know is my pi shirt is done and i'm ready to wear it tomorrow and saturday! Woo hoo!

Posted by: Elizabeth Hall on March 13, 2009

hmmmm... I'd better keep working.

Posted by: eevoli on March 13, 2009

any applicants from bangladesh here?

Posted by: Anonymous-BD on March 13, 2009

1 day, 11 hours, 10 minutes, 15 seconds.

Posted by: 0 on March 13, 2009

any idea regarding exactly what we will be seing when we sign in tomorrow?...like just "admitted" or "not admitted" written or something?...or something more?

Posted by: 0 on March 13, 2009

it's breathtaking. i hope i could jump around the couch tomorrow.

Posted by: seren on March 13, 2009

i think there are 5 of us from Bangladesh

Posted by: anonymous on March 13, 2009

@Yash

Saale ...tu hain? ... raspberry

@Akhila

Ya ... i agree ... but nothing specifically can be said about we Indians ... everyone has their unique and inspiring stories ... nevertheless ... proud to be an Indian! :D ...

@Elizabeth

Wow sounds like youre gearing up for the Super Bowl or World Cup or sumthn ... shirt n all wink ... wish i had one ...

Posted by: Rahul on March 13, 2009

@ RAHUL

Ya, Its me...

Anyway what do you think about your chances at MIT...

SAT scores and all

Extra Curricular...

Academics....

Posted by: Yash(?13) on March 13, 2009

Hah - the funny thing is that I actually will be doing what I answered in part 3a on my application on Saturday... all day.
But in terms of exciting (and very fitting) news, it looks like Congress (the US one, that is) has made Pie Day National, to stress the need for students to go into the arenas of math and science!
And in terms of decisions being released on Pie Day at the said time... all I can say is that I appreciate the simple mathematical beauty of it all. Thanks to the admissions staff - that can't have been an easy deadline!
News Article about National Pie Day: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-10194354-38.html

Posted by: anonymous on March 13, 2009

How could I have been so naive; didn't know so many internationals apply to MIT,
arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Posted by: marvin on March 13, 2009

no sir include that wud make six bangladeshi?

Posted by: anonynimous on March 13, 2009

omg...not much time is left but the seconds are somehow not passing by. cant wait anymore!!! really good luck to everyone. I know it's hard to get admitted, but if i didnt get accepted in MIT, I dont know what I am supposed to do in my country. Here I cant find convenient majors or universities...Thats apart from the fact that I want to try something new!! :S ahhhhhhhhhh...

Posted by: Nouri on March 13, 2009

and btw i love "pi" hehe

Posted by: Nouri on March 13, 2009

Physics on magnetic fields should keep your mind occupied for at least 20 minutes. So start there and continue until you are rejected or accepted. Also, anybody want to try to hit the one thousand comment make by pi time?

Posted by: 0 on March 13, 2009

there's nothing we can do.
so... good luck everyone!

Posted by: Anh on March 13, 2009

@gold

Yes! I'm so happy! ^.^ One Piece is my favorite manga series that I've read several times through (even though it's not finished in Japan yet XP), so I'm so happy that I could show someone else how amazing it is!!

Thank you and good luck to you~~

Posted by: Narce on March 13, 2009

@ Narce

Oh goodie2, another anime/manga fan!

Though I'm not from Japan, I read a lot of mangas, hope we can get to know each other!

Posted by: Jesse on March 13, 2009

@Yash

Dont wanna think about it ... whats done is done ... id say my chances are slim but at least not 0 :D ...

and i read in some other blog entry on this site using the term 'not admitted' instead of 'rejected' ... sounds better ...

Posted by: Rahul on March 13, 2009

Good luck everyony!! We are almost there!

Posted by: yuanyuan on March 13, 2009

@ Anh
here's something to do, pray!!!

Posted by: mar on March 13, 2009

plz

Posted by: SIFFTY on March 13, 2009

ohhhh MIT.

Posted by: GHW on March 13, 2009

not admitted, rejected... all have the same connotation; you didn't make it
both sound terrible

Posted by: anonymous on March 13, 2009

YSP 08 everyone!

Posted by: siraj iqbal on March 13, 2009

No doubt people think of God when they are weak, afraid, or unsure of the future.

I am proud that I am not one of those people!

Posted by: Hamid on March 13, 2009

I don't know what to say. I've been reading all these comments and checking this site every couple of hours.
Sometimes I have high hopes and sometimes I realise how hard it is to be admitted...u know I'm an international applicant!
This is a decision that will surely influence my life but it's not the end of the world.
to everyone:
if admitted: enjoy and celebrate but remember it's only the first step!
if not admitted: maybe MIT is not the right place for you and you will flourish somewhere else. Who knows?
if waitlisted: don't give up your hopes but don't count a lot on them! And be patient!
to me: work on your presentation on Sunday because whatever the decision is you will not be in a mood to prepare it!
to the hackers: well done! it was a brilliant idea!
to my EC (Dr. Omar Roushdy): Thanks! You helped me a lot!
to the admissions officers: Thanks for the huge effort you did!
Special thanks to the bloggers who really entertained me and gave a brilliant impression of MIT!
that was it..waiting for pi 2morrow!! good luck grin

Posted by: Hazem on March 13, 2009

@ Hazem
love ur post

Posted by: marvin on March 13, 2009

Hey Hazem! Are you planning to open it anywhere specific?

Good Luck!

Posted by: Abdel-karim on March 13, 2009

aw i got rejected already

Posted by: 0 on March 13, 2009

ohh, I love one piece, or maybe I used to love it so much. I think I will continue with the manga, because anime makes me have a headache.
I wish if people like Kubrick were directing it; I can't imagine how good it would've been.

Posted by: The Despearate on March 13, 2009

@Abdel-karim
if u mean check the decision anywhere specific, then I don't think so- just at home 2ommorw @ 8pm local time..actually 7:59!
Are you going to check it at a specific place?
good luck to you, too!

Posted by: Hazem on March 13, 2009

@marvin:
Thnx!
Best wishes!

Posted by: Hazem on March 13, 2009

@ Hazem
Best wishes to both of us

Posted by: marvin on March 13, 2009

@Hazem, it not at 8 PM, its actually 9:59, because I think the states are on day light saving or something. Check though, I'm not 100% sure.

No, no. You're right it's actuallu 8 PM. Cool, now it's earlier than I thought.

Yes Tara, I certainly hope I'm wrong; that sort of thought doesn't bear thinking about!

Posted by: Chloe Oliver on March 13, 2009

1day 1hour 42minutes 7seconds.............AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Mohit Dhagat on March 13, 2009

SORRY FOR OCCUPING A RESPONSE FOR THE RESPONSE...ANXIETY HAS RECD. ITS ZENITH NOW.. CANT WAIT NEMORE!!

OH MY GOD..I'M TYPIN NONSENSE..FINE LAST BLOG..NO MORE..ALL OUT OF ANXIETY..!

Why is everyone wishing each other luck?!?! This is a cut throat affair. Good luck to me first!

Posted by: Albert Smith on March 13, 2009

@ Albert: i was waiting for someone to write what he really felt like.... cheers man for finally doing it.... thts wht it is... it is me first... the rest of u later...

Posted by: Rankeya on March 13, 2009

Wishing the best of luck for the Class of 2013, can't wait to meet you guys in CPW

Posted by: Ragheb '12 on March 13, 2009

okay...24 hrs, 20 minutes to go...omg!
Hopefully, we're all thanking God and celebrating tmrw!

Posted by: Isra on March 13, 2009

matter of months...matter of days...matter of hours...tmrw matter of minutes...and then it will be a matter of seconds....3.14159...ok, guess m paranoid :S

Posted by: Isra on March 13, 2009

@mar
^_^
god blesses us!

Posted by: Anh on March 13, 2009

i just wanted to check the time!
hahahaha

Posted by: Marwan Q. on March 13, 2009

OMG, Less than 24 hours for tons of new friends!!!

Posted by: Ronny on March 13, 2009

I can't wait now!

Posted by: Aditya Gupta on March 13, 2009

'Twas the night before MIT decisions
When all over the internet
Seniors posted their final thoughts before a part of their future was set.

Anyone want to help me finish?

Posted by: MIT hopeful on March 13, 2009

At this time tommorow, we'll know for sure. Shocking after so much waiting.

hmmmm let's chat here and make friends, in case I don't get accepted, the highest probability, I'll have someone who is in MIT.
Can we post youtube links?

Posted by: The Desperate on March 13, 2009

omggggggggggggg..... we are gonna get the results soooooon... can't wait anymore....

Posted by: Shahla on March 13, 2009

1000 posts!
1000 Posts!
1000 POSTS!

Come on people, chant with me. Also, If you type "I want some schnitzel," then you will get accepted into MIT. I know it works.

Posted by: 0 on March 13, 2009

I do not want some schnitzel

21 hours to go aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah i'm not going to sleep tonite!!!!! Not because I'm nervous, but because i have an all-nite LAN party to attend smile haha going old school warcraft 3

Posted by: Nate on March 13, 2009

Well... its the final day....

the final day of me being a hopeful MIT applicant...

Posted by: 0 on March 13, 2009

Hi guys, i have a question for all of you.
Are most of you winners of some kind of international Olympiads?

Posted by: Talgat on March 13, 2009

Wahhhhh!!!!! I have to perform in our school's musical in three hours and I've only gotten like 4 hours of sleep due to MIT anxiety!

And it's Friday the 13th. Ergh! Trying to ignore anything I can interpret as an "omen"......

Posted by: 0 on March 13, 2009

Anyone else want to see a graph of site traffic for decisions.mit.edu around π time? I wonder how close the peak will be to release time...

Posted by: 0 on March 13, 2009

‘Twas the night before pi day,
And all ‘round the world,
The hopefuls were restless –
Emotions unfurled

And I by my PC
With cat in my lap,
Sat mumbling and praying
My mind wouldn’t snap

When out on the blog
There arose such a chatter,
It soon became clear
Others’ nerves too had shattered

Will we be admitted,
Or droop in disgrace?
Will we raise a toast,
Or get pi in the face?

So here’s to decisions
From old M-I-T…
Be nice to us hopefuls,
Especially me!

Posted by: MIT or Bust '13 on March 13, 2009

Ironically enough, I'll be flying to Boston tomorrow -- and attending the folk dancing on Sunday night. It's hard to imagine that I'll know one way or other other by then; I'd kind of gotten used to the limbo.

Posted by: niki on March 13, 2009

Is anyone else singing "The final countdown" in their heads right now?

Posted by: 0 on March 13, 2009

Yeah, i'm gonna be in a car tommorrow at 2, so i have to wait until 5 to see. of course thats assuming i haven't died of suspense by then. my biggest hope is that i dont get waitlisted. i think i would even rather get "not admitted" than have to deal with the waiting and wondering that much longer.

Posted by: Becca (wannabe '13) on March 13, 2009

Guys, don't go too crazy!

Me, I'm going dancing tonight to get rid of some of that nervous energy and I plan on sleeping in tomorrow.

By the time decisions roll around I'd be nice and relaxed.

Go do something fun too! At the very least, you'll have fun celebrating your last day as hopefuls!

Posted by: Michelle from Israel on March 13, 2009

Calling the big D for me!

Posted by: PayneTrain on March 13, 2009

Happy Pi Day every one and good luck with the decisions

Posted by: Najib on March 13, 2009

wow, i feel at least twenty butterflies in my stomach right now. I very well know that I ain't gonna make it but still being hopeful, just in case, you know. As I write this, I can't feel my stomach. I can hardly speak. I wonder if I am excepted, will i find guys like me over there or totally different kind of people? Hell, I started talking gibberish again. Good luck you guys.

And someone asked if any of has ever won any Olympiads ever before. I don't know about Olympiads but I sure once won a poetry contest back in my junior grades. Hope that helps.
Yours truly (nearly in a state of nervous shock),
jay

Posted by: jay on March 13, 2009

I know I'm not gonna be accepted but I always have hope and no one should give up hope

Good Luck Guys hope to see you

Posted by: Najib on March 13, 2009

The simple fact that we're getting our decisions on pi day is amazing... so even if i don't get in, i'm still happy :D

Posted by: Mark on March 13, 2009

I know I'm not gonna get accepted but I always have hope and no one should give up hope

Good Luck Guys hope to see you

Posted by: Najib on March 13, 2009

I know I'm not gonna get accepted but I have hope and there is always hope and no one should give up this great thing

Good luck to us all, hope to see you

Posted by: Najib on March 13, 2009

I know I did NOT get in!

Posted by: 0 on March 13, 2009

Sorry for the many posts, I must have repeated the same comment

Posted by: Najib on March 13, 2009

@musicman
du kannst deutsch??
Kommst du aus deutschland?
Ich komme aus Aegypten und auf eine deutsche Auslandsschule hier!! bin auch nervoes!!

Posted by: Hazem on March 13, 2009

Email MIT about the release being one minute before two, making the time 3/14 1:59 pm, pi being = to 3.14159. You know the whole pi day deal. Ruffin James White-Magner (Admitted to Rose-Hulman, waiting on MIT)

Posted by: Ruffin James White-Magner on March 13, 2009

@ Hazem
You speak German?? Cool

Posted by: Shahla on March 13, 2009

@Hazem

nein, mein deutsch ist schlecht.

I'm from Pennsylvania, i just take deutsch in school smile

Posted by: musicman on March 13, 2009

@Shahla
yeah, I'm Egyptian and I attend a German school!!

Posted by: Hazem on March 13, 2009

@ musicman

I wish my school had German language

@ Hazem

That's awesome

Posted by: Shahla on March 13, 2009

omg just 14 more hours guys!!!! I can't bear the wait. Good luck everyone!!!!!

Posted by: ru-ee on March 13, 2009

@Shahla

i wish my school had ap physics c so i didn't have to study it on my own.
so we're even smile

Posted by: musicman on March 13, 2009

@ musicman

lol... not yet.. my school doesn't have ap physics either.. so i have to study on my own...

Posted by: Shahla on March 13, 2009

15 hours 28 minutes 10 seconds and 45 milliseconds lol

Posted by: 0 on March 13, 2009

471 comments.....make it 472 smile
and o yea the comment above is mine lol

GOOOD LUCKKKKKK !

Posted by: 0 on March 13, 2009

hehe sorry guys.....man matt is gona be pissed :p

Posted by: ayaz khan on March 13, 2009

I have a test tomorrow and i am still not done studying cuz i can't stop thinking about the results

Posted by: Shahla on March 13, 2009

@MIT or Bust '13
I basically love you! haha that's great!

@The Desperate
Awe! I'll be your friend either way it goes for you or me!

Still staying possitive, i know i've done all i can do. I just had an epiphany of sorts. I realized that i was already rewarded for all my hard work with scholarships and honors stuff at other schools, and that i really /did/ work hard and it's not just my imagination. I'm really trying to stay possitive, because i have the habit of bracing myself for the worst. YOu all should stay possitive too, everyone at MIT isn't top in their class, international olympiads, etc. So you or i have a change too! You never know. If you tried your hardest that's all you can really do! (haha that sounds so sappy... not me at all.)

@Albert Smith and Rankeya
Haha I love that you speak your mind, I do too and i don't care what anyone says. However, just because we wish someone luck doesn't mean that we don't want to get in as much, if not more, than they do. Wishing luck is half common courtessy and half what i beleive and want to do. Some people will be devistated if they are rejected, and some people honestly deserve to be there, there is nothing more that i can do to change that fact of my or their admissions decision. The words "Good luck" provide hope and only hope, they do not, in my opinion, bestow any real sort of luck on the person, they are simply a chain of words.

And quite cliche at the moment actually! haha =) Just speaking my mind!

@Elizabeth Hall

That's the wisest thing,
Great Words from a Great Person

Good Luck Everyone ^_^

Posted by: Ahmed O on March 13, 2009

happy pi day everyone!

Posted by: Elena on March 14, 2009

hello everyone, just dont be afraid . leave everything on Matt Mcgann

Posted by: swarit on March 14, 2009

OMG, tonight will be one of the worst nights ever ............ I am really scared!

Posted by: Sheida on March 14, 2009

Heart is beating faster than normal. InshAllah...

Posted by: saad Asif on March 14, 2009

We're only two circle hours away from decisions!

Posted by: Bill on March 14, 2009

Zomg, less than 12 more hours... I'm on a panic streak. Gah!!!

Posted by: Han on March 14, 2009

I am unable to waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...............................it

Posted by: Irene on March 14, 2009

483

Posted by: 0 on March 14, 2009

I want that 500!!!

Posted by: 0 on March 14, 2009

485 isn't that bad though,is it?

Posted by: 0 on March 14, 2009

Of course it isn't!

Posted by: 0 on March 14, 2009

Hey Matt!
If I don't make it, won't you be upset? So try not to feel upset!

Posted by: sz on March 14, 2009

@ Anonymous

You are from which country?

Posted by: Yash(?13) on March 14, 2009

@ Anonymous

You are from which country?

Posted by: Yash(?13) on March 14, 2009

@Hazem
eih ya zumi...shaklaha keda me2araba...ich glaube ich werde dich in muenchen treffen ba2a...MIT dih msh naf3a fakis hehe...
good luck to everyone and especially el masryeen hehe...rabena yostor
Happy pi day everyone!!

Posted by: Nouri on March 14, 2009

@ Nouri: Ana masri, inti fe ay2 madrasa?

Posted by: Abdel-karim on March 14, 2009

@Abdel Karim
hi...ana ma3 hazem fil DEO (German School Dokki) u? =)

Posted by: Nouri on March 14, 2009

Dr. Omar Roushdy (my EC) is the best person in this world...!!!

Posted by: Nouri on March 14, 2009

Ana fel Choueifat. . .fe 4 masreen fe forum de2(go Egypt wink, lol) A lot of Egyptians are applying this year (two people from my school excluding me).

Good luck.

495

Posted by: Rankeya on March 14, 2009

496

Posted by: rankeya on March 14, 2009

497

Posted by: rankeya on March 14, 2009

Good luck to everyone cause you really need it.

Posted by: 0 on March 14, 2009

498

Posted by: rankeya on March 14, 2009

499

Posted by: rankeya on March 14, 2009

499

Posted by: 0 on March 14, 2009

and 500... i cudnt have missd it this time

Posted by: rankeya on March 14, 2009

500

Posted by: 0 on March 14, 2009

@Abdel Karim
ah and i am sure that everyone actually deserves to get accepted...bas hane3mel eih ba2a?? :S

Posted by: Nouri on March 14, 2009

6hours 26minutes 17seconds...

Posted by: MOHIT DHAGAT on March 14, 2009

AND is still counting..! Cant wait ne more..

@ Rankeya

Congrats 4 ur 500th post..lol

only six hours to go!!!!111!!!
do u how many bangladeshies got admitted???????

Posted by: anonynimous on March 14, 2009

@Nouri: Ya I guess. What diploma do you do in DEO? Do you still do the SAT?

@AbdelKarim
No we never had SAT at our school...we do either German Abitur or Sanaweya Amma and starting nxt year they ll cancel Sanaweya at our school...Anyways, I am doing Abitur smile really tough!! hehe

btw till now kol el nas elli me2dema fi MIT min masr boys (at least the ones i got to know)...fein el banat?? haha

Posted by: Nouri on March 14, 2009

if u wanna admit me, inform me by email just about
3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510 seconds before plz.

Posted by: 0 on March 14, 2009

Few more hours, everyone.

Stay positive!

Posted by: Dan on March 14, 2009

4 hours to go!!! :D:D:D

Posted by: Anthony P on March 14, 2009

the pi day we'd never forget
3h37 mins

Posted by: Anh on March 14, 2009

Maharaj ji, I know you are there with me.. I need not worry.. smile

Posted by: Aditya Gupta on March 14, 2009

Approximately 3 hours 14 minutes 15 seconds left!
Get it? 3:14:15.9!

Posted by: Anonymous on March 14, 2009

I cant imagine I have gone that crazy...3 hours left

Posted by: Nouri on March 14, 2009

@nouri: I know of one girl who is applying.

@nouri: Eih da2 I though that the SAT was required. You didn't take the SAT I or SAT II?

Track meet in 4 hours and 42 minutes, MIT's decision to let me in or not in 2 hours and 42 minutes

Posted by: 0 on March 14, 2009

it's almost here!!!!!!!!
surprisingly, i'm not too nervous. which means i've already accepted defeat.
i'm going to watch that episode of "bones" that i missed thursday, and eat some pie. and when i find out that i've been rejected, then i'll eat more pie. i think i'm an emotional eater, lol.

good luck to everyone! we all deserve it. too bad there's not enought room for all of us.

Posted by: CDubs on March 14, 2009

I almost falled from the chair when i saw MIT's email.
I know that MIT won't admit me, but i hope.
GOOD LUCK!!!

Posted by: Olzhas Toiteyev on March 14, 2009

I know that MIT won't admit me, but i hope on the miracle.
GOOD LUCK!!!

@Ahmed O
Thank you!

Gosh i've been singing the nano song all morning doing my ribik's cube incessantly! haha

Posted by: Elizabeth Hall on March 14, 2009

I wrote SAT-1 and SAT-2. I sent only SAT-2 scores.Will MIT receive also SAT-1 scores with my SAT-2 scores?

wow a lot of international students post here...only about 125 will be accepted. Good luck to you

Posted by: 0 on March 14, 2009

just did well on a math test.
Now MIT..
I would readily sacrifice my test for da sake of bein' admitted if i had to.

Posted by: Eins on March 14, 2009

@olzhas Toiteyev: Yes they will. I did the same thing you did, I only *reported* the SAT II scores, but they'll see the SAT I as well, they say they'll only look at the SAT II, but did you take the TOEFL?

goooood luck every one!!!!!!

Posted by: mana on March 14, 2009

2 hours, 8 minutes, and 12 seconds left...

Let's hope that the +15600 RD applicants don't all check their admissions at once. That could get messy.

Posted by: Ksl on March 14, 2009

@Ahmed O: Where are you from?

la2 ya abdel karim...ana 3amalt SAT I and II bas bara el madrasa ma3 nafsy keda...i just meant they are not offered at our school...hehe
bas ma3amaltesh good fil SAT I ...how much did u get?? and btw is the girl you know from your school?? =)

2 hours left :S :S

Posted by: Nouri on March 14, 2009

2 hours, 2 minutes to go!

No, the girl is in AIS, I think, my friend knows her.(my friend is also applying to MIT, lol)

I got 1940/2400 in the SAT I and 1590/1600 in the SAT II. How did you do?

Less than 2 hours left :S.

I think it is inconvenient to keep hanging out here all day and waste my time with no use...I will go read a book and come back in 1 hour and 54 minutes (omg)
Good luck everyone!!
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Posted by: Nouri on March 14, 2009

sorry, I got 1980 in the SAT I.

Posted by: 0 on March 14, 2009

@ Abdel Karim
its nice to have friends applying with you so you can all share feelings and nice memories (well yeah, nice memories even if we dnt get accepted)

SAT 3andi 2000 SAT I and 2370/2400 SAT II ( I did 3 Tests)3ashan 2ademt gam3at tanya that need 3 tests smile

Posted by: 0 on March 14, 2009

sorry i didnt sign my name 3ala last post bas you know who i am smile

Posted by: Nouri on March 14, 2009

i actually did SAT I twice mara 1900 and mara 2070 bas i said i didnt do well 3ashan critical 470 and 520 maygebsh gam3et kafr el sheikh hehe

Posted by: Nouri on March 14, 2009

watch da movie Accepted on da computer!
afta u finish it, u'll probably feel betta in some ways.

Posted by: Eins on March 14, 2009

Did you apply with the TOEFL and SAT II, or SAT I and SAT II?

Posted by: 0 on March 14, 2009

Bas, as long as its above 500 your okay, what are your highest CR M and W scores.

ok. I have exactly one hour and 39 min until I can see weather I got in or not! I am so so nervous.

Posted by: Seong on March 14, 2009

Hi everyone
@Abdel-Karim and Nouri
ana bardo applying men masr
are staying here till decisions come out?
we can chat tell then
Wish u both the best of luck

Posted by: Abdallah ?13 on March 14, 2009

@Abdallah: What school are you from?

Posted by: 0 on March 14, 2009

NAC

sorry gor being so late bas i 4got to refresh the page

one hour left
Yalla Ya rab

goooood luck every one!!!!!!

Posted by: Anonymous on March 14, 2009

Just an hour to go...

Can't wait to see the decision...

My best wishes to all the applicants...

Just for info, I heard that around 10-15 Indian applicants were selected last year...

Posted by: Yash(?13) on March 14, 2009

i can't wait....it seems that it is taking forever....just to pass time i have been playing xbox.....hope i get in...good luck to everyone

Posted by: 0 on March 14, 2009

omg an hour left O_O

Posted by: Saku on March 14, 2009

In one hour we will all know. Say a prayer, take comfort in the fact that God has a plan. I hope all your guys' hard work is rewarded.

Posted by: Kevin on March 14, 2009

58 mins aaaaaaa

Posted by: 0 on March 14, 2009

10 to 15?? I thought the number was more like 4 to 6.....I know that there were only 3 in the class of '00...my interviewer told me...

Posted by: Mohit the second on March 14, 2009

The anticipation is killing me.

Posted by: 0 on March 14, 2009

@ Saku

True...

The hour of destiny has come!!!

Posted by: Yash(?13) on March 14, 2009

@ Mohit, The 2nd

I guess that the number has risen in the last year or so...

15 would be good bet...

Posted by: Yash(?13) on March 14, 2009

I got a score of 2330/2400 in SAT 2...

Is that a major factor...

Posted by: Yash(?13) on March 14, 2009

omg omg omg omg :(

Posted by: 0 on March 14, 2009

@ Mohit 2

I am going bonkers passing my time...

I am now not able to prepare for Maths CBSE...

So, how do you think about your chances...

Posted by: Yash(?13) on March 14, 2009

Why the hell isn't anyone blogging...

Too tensed, I guess????

Posted by: Yash(?13) on March 14, 2009

< at work :( so i wont have a proper reaction sigh.... :(

Posted by: Saku on March 14, 2009

@Yash...I don't know about my chances...I'd say 4% appx b/c that would be the probability without applying any conditions...hahaha..,,and lets not get into bayes theorem....CBSE Maths...Aint it fun??

Posted by: mohit on March 14, 2009

body bgcolor>

Posted by: Yash(?13) on March 14, 2009

@ Mohit 2

Sure shot...

Yaar where do you live, you sound to be very relaxed..., must be in the Himalayas...

Posted by: Yash(?13) on March 14, 2009

I'm really nervous right now, but I'm not the one who apply, my son is. I'm nervous while he is playing game smile. Uhhh..

Posted by: Gozi on March 14, 2009

nono I live in Punjab...In a small town that you have probably never heard about...
What about you? Where do you live??

Posted by: mohit on March 14, 2009

lol O_o did my message at 1:10 pm not show up? :O

Posted by: Saku on March 14, 2009

33 min to go...

It's driving me mad...

Posted by: Yash(?13) on March 14, 2009

Jesus Christ... can't wait any more... 45 more mintues.... ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Posted by: Shahla on March 14, 2009

44 mins zzzzzzzzz

Posted by: Anonymous on March 14, 2009

43 min

Posted by: Shahla on March 14, 2009

@ Mohit

I live in the campus of IIT Kharagpur, West Bengal.

My Father's a professor in Geochemistry.

Posted by: 0 on March 14, 2009

http://www.DidIGetIntoMIT.com

Posted by: Brandon on March 14, 2009

I hope nobody has a heart attack or a nervous breakdown BEFORE 2PM.

After reading some of these comments, that seems to be a distinct possibility. Try to relax guys!

Posted by: anonymous on March 14, 2009

HELP ME

PLEASE FAST>>FORWARD THE TIME!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Yash(?13) on March 14, 2009

HELP ME

PLEASE FAST>>FORWARD THE TIME!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Yash(?13) on March 14, 2009

@Yash,
Geochemistry sounds interesting....My family is not from any kindof a science background....
so what other colleges?

Posted by: mohit on March 14, 2009

@ Mohit 2

Other Colleges:
Stanford U, Cornell U, Rice U..

Already selected to Univ. of Illinois and Texas A&M Univ.

Posted by: Yash(?13) on March 14, 2009

Don't push yourselves. All is in God's hands. Whatever the answer is, it is most likely best for you.

Posted by: daur on March 14, 2009

I am starving but can;t eat anything... ohhhh....

Posted by: Shahla on March 14, 2009

help me..

Posted by: ezra on March 14, 2009

im pretty sure what the answer for me will be..
:( sigh

Posted by: Saku on March 14, 2009

T-minus thirty one minutes...............

Posted by: 0 on March 14, 2009

/helps ezra...

Posted by: 0 on March 14, 2009

or no? 29 min omg!

Posted by: Accepted?? on March 14, 2009

I am constantly hitting the confirm click on the decisions web page...

Posted by: Yash ?13 on March 14, 2009

que sera, sera
whatever will be, will be
smile

Posted by: Min on March 14, 2009

@ Yash ?13

Good idea, i am gonna start doing that too lol

Posted by: Shahla on March 14, 2009

18 minutes!!!

Here's a thought to pass the time: how do you recite pi backwards?

Posted by: 0 on March 14, 2009

lol id do that but im not ready !!!

Posted by: Saku on March 14, 2009

17 min

Posted by: 0 on March 14, 2009

Hiya..Yash n Mohit d 2nd..

Howz it all goin?..Maths prep..i din even start lol.. u??

14 minutes!!!

Posted by: 0 on March 14, 2009

feels like some sort of millennium countdown^^

Posted by: Min on March 14, 2009

can't eat lunch... omggggggggggg....

Posted by: Shahla on March 14, 2009

@Mohit Dhagat,
I'm very very worried about maths....How was chem for you??
Mine did'nt go so well...

I feel like I am going to throw up. I had a big meal.. lol

Posted by: The Desperate on March 14, 2009

omgomg 12

Posted by: Saku on March 14, 2009

Before the Decisions are released I just wanted to thank MIT's admission office for trying to make us comfortable regardless of their decision

Posted by: sultan on March 14, 2009

600!

Posted by: 0 on March 14, 2009

Hello.
Good luck to everybody.

Posted by: Tigran on March 14, 2009

They are up

Posted by: 0 on March 14, 2009

9 more mintues....

Posted by: Shahla on March 14, 2009

best of luck

Posted by: 0 on March 14, 2009

it's on go check

Posted by: Shahla on March 14, 2009

Decisions out...
Didnt get in...
Thanks for considering me!
Stanford here I come!

Posted by: mohit 2 on March 14, 2009

decisions are out!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Shahla on March 14, 2009

Rejected...

Posted by: 0 on March 14, 2009

Rejected...

Posted by: 0 on March 14, 2009

Rejected also

Posted by: 0 on March 14, 2009

Rejected. we should start a club.

Posted by: 0 on March 14, 2009

Rejected. yeah we should really consider starting a club!

Posted by: 0 on March 14, 2009

Rejected

Posted by: 0 on March 14, 2009

Wait listed.

Interesting. Never really considered THAT. I was thought it would be either ACCEPTED or REJECTED. But I think being Wait Listed at MIT is the same as being rejected, right?

Posted by: Deeni on March 14, 2009

rejected :(
for those who got rejected, we just have to take another way
for those who got admitted, congrats!

Posted by: 0 on March 14, 2009

MIT!!! HERE I COME!!! I GOT IN!!!

Posted by: Aakriti on March 14, 2009

Please read "I was thought" as "I always thought" smile

Posted by: 0 on March 14, 2009

rejected.

Posted by: 0 on March 14, 2009

Haha anyone feel up to starting the "I didn't get into MIT... and I lived" facebook group?

Posted by: 0 on March 14, 2009

I GOT IN TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: 0 on March 14, 2009

not admitted

Posted by: very sad on March 14, 2009

Hey guys i dint mak eit but know what--not anything to be sad abt is it now--was fun n well hope i reach teh goal set out for myself--wish me luck on my journey

Posted by: Ruhban Shah on March 14, 2009

Well, I didn't get in, but I'm going to take my chance of applying as a transfer.

To those rejected: Don't let this put you down! You can still achieve what you want!

To those accepted: Congrats! You got through all the tough competition! I sincerely hope you all do well. =)

Posted by: Scott on March 14, 2009

@Jesse

I'm not from Japan either >.>

Posted by: Narce on March 14, 2009

Accepted grin

Posted by: Kim on March 14, 2009

Aaaand... i'm in smile

Posted by: Eyas on March 14, 2009

Actually I get the decision at 1:53 pm ah so happy so happy

Posted by: Shuo on March 14, 2009

I GOT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I SWEAR I SCREAMED FOR TEN MINUTES STRAIGHT!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by: Jenny on March 14, 2009

EPIC WIN! I'm in!

Posted by: Adrian on March 14, 2009

Hey, I'm in at Rose-Hulman; planning to apply to MIT again, in 4 years, for graduate school.

Ruffin James White-Magner

Posted by: Ruffin James White-Magner on March 16, 2009

Wow, I must say that as an alum, it is very interesting to read this page.

To those rejected: MIT is just one school with too many brilliant applicants and not enough seats. You do not need MIT (or any other top ranked school, for that matter) to achieve your dreams. Where there is a will, there is a way. Have a blast in college, wherever you go. It is a sacred four years. Best of luck as you begin your journey smile

To those accepted and planning to attend: Congratulations. Sleep, friends, school - you may choose two. (Sleep is overrated.) The next four years will be more amazing than you can possibly imagine right now. Be outgoing. Take advantage of every opportunity you can, but remember to stay balanced. Always show appreciation for the unique people and the unique culture surrounding you. MIT is an incredible place to be a young, bright adult. Many would give anything to have what you have, so make the most of it. Best of luck as you begin your journey smile

Regardless of where you go to school, remember that college is a place to learn HOW to think (not necessarily what to think). Have fun! Good luck! Be safe!

Posted by: Class of '07 - In Med School Now on March 19, 2009

nice pi day for me,
i watched pi movie 2 days after march 14. i feel like what numerologist mean. see the pattern in world. numbers are not just numbers, see what's between them

i believe i have superb talent to relate any unrelated thing. i invite everyone to wave their wings creatively and let the blowing winds please their faces
see the unseen

if you think you're right, you are absolutely
right

english is left-to-right and i'm absolutely right

Posted by: comboy on March 21, 2009

rejected... whatever

Posted by: Justin on March 30, 2009

rejected... I knew it

Posted by: Justin on March 30, 2009