Rewind the Tape by Bryan

b.good so you can find the golden ticket.

This entry might make it seem like all I do is eat food, but I promise I do other stuff too.

rebecca1.jpg

So early last week, my friends and I went out to celebrate a friend’s 21st birthday. I returned to my Texas roots with a nice steak. Our waiter didn’t ask for her ID, and I was a little disappointed so I called him back just so I could snap this photo.

rebecca2.jpg

I was somewhat reminded of the day I turned 18 and tried to buy a lottery ticket and the attendant REFUSED to look at my ID. I was hurt.

Tuesday, my office decided to take the monthly company party outside of the office and took us all to Jillian’s for some fun and food. It’s a pretty rare occasion to get paid just to sit back and have fun, so I definitely seized the opportunity. I had to leave early to get to campus to film the documentary that I’ve still told you nothing about minus the fact that I’m filming one.

workparty.jpg

Wednesday, I was joined by Anjana to attend an information session on Bain & Company, a consulting firm. A lot of MIT graduates from all different majors have gone on to become associate consultants and consultants there.

Friday, I found the golden ticket. Well, figuratively. Every Friday this summer, they’ve got Free Friday Flicks at the Hatch Shell. Last Friday’s movie was Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I was too far back to really enjoy the movie and since I’d seen it many times before I ended up leaving early and was able to escape the rain. Now I haven’t seen the new one, but was it good?

hatchshell.jpg

Saturday, I went to check out a new restaurant called b.good with Nadia ’08 and Jessica ’08. I’ve been trying to compile a list of restaurants owned/managed by MIT alums, and this is one of them. They’ve got a lot of healthy alternatives to the typical fast food meal especially with their baked french fries. Should they be called french bakes instead of fries since they’re not fried?

bgood1.jpg

bgood2.jpg

This restaurant is even cooler for their car.
And even more cooler than that because they’ll be participating in Orientation.

Sunday, I had the opportunity to dim sum for the first time here in Boston. A group of about 12 of us went to Chinatown to China Pearl where I had a little bit of this and a little bit of that. It was awesome especially since my roommate knew how to speak Chinese and that was really helpful. If you’re ever there, make sure you try the fried radish.

dimsum1.jpg

dimsum2.jpg

Summer does provide you with the opportunity to stop into some of those shops that you’d otherwise have little time for. Near to the Park Street T Station, there’s an antique coin shop, so me and my roommates stepped in to check out the collection. The shop owners recognized our Brass Rats and went on to tell us how one day we’d be able to afford to buy their whole store (hopefully!). My roommate ended up buying a coin from 283 AD. I was still in diapers then.

Oh and Sam, if you’re reading this, cucumber ice cream is back at JP Licks.

4 responses to “Rewind the Tape”

So what *do* you do, besides eat?

OH THANK GOD YOU TOLD ME BRYAN. I am so there. Let me know if you want to make a field trip. We can co-blog it. Peace.

3. Adekeye says:

bryan so tell me what else you do aside eating cos i will like to know, you new friend from africa. yinka