May 9, 2006

Waitlist, Etc.

Posted in: Process & Statistics

Oh, boy, I feel like I have so much to tell you guys and yet things keep intruding upon my blogging time. A big part of my next entry will answer a question I frequently receive: "So now that the class has been admitted, do you guys get to just relax until fall travel starts up again?" (Hah! The answer is definitely 'no' - elaboration to come.)

But I can't let today end without a brief comment about the waitlist.

As you've likely seen on Matt's blog, we went to the waitlist today and offered admission to 30 additional students. Matt has said pretty much everything I would have said in his entry - please read it.

I'll just add that a couple of the people of whom I spoke in this entry were admitted today. I can't begin to tell you how that feels, after all this time. Maybe I'll have the words when I next write. But today - instead of feeling such sadness as I did after RA selection, I'm sharing the happiness of the waitlist admits and feeling a sense of closure to the '10 cycle.

Congrats to all the members of MIT '10 - and to those who were not admitted to MIT this year, I know you will shine wherever you land next year.

ALWKEJRLAWKEJRL;AWKJRL;AWKRJLAWKEJRLA;WKEJRLAWKJE

ALWKEJR;LAKWJERL;AKWEJR;LAKWJERL;AKWJRLAWKEJRLWAK

AWOIERJALWKEJRALWKJRLAWKRJAWLKRJAWLKERJLWKEJRLWKE

Posted by: Christina '10 on May 9, 2006

It's great to know that you are actually using your waiting list smile

You people are awesome

Posted by: Omar '10 on May 9, 2006

Okay, I've calmed down just a bit. grin

See everyone in the fall!!!

Posted by: Christina '10 on May 9, 2006

WOOOO!! MORE PEOPLE!!! <3333

Congrats Xtina and everybody else :D

Posted by: JKim on May 9, 2006

I am so happy for myself and every one of those 29 others who got taken off the waitlist. I also wish everyone else the very best the world has to offer at other great institutions. Thank you MIT!

Posted by: TheCheerfulOne on May 10, 2006

Thanks Ben and thanks everybody at MIT, for giving me a chance to enjoy education at MIT.

Woohoooo! MIT'10 here I come.

Yay!!!

Cheers!

And congrats to all of those who go in off the waitlist.

Arka

Posted by: Arka on May 11, 2006

How can I find out if MIT has received and processed my acceptance notice? I can't wait to get my @MIT.EDU address setup!

Posted by: Adnan Esmail on May 11, 2006

Xtina's in now? Woo hoo!

Posted by: thekeri on May 11, 2006

Thanks Jess and Keri! SEE YOU SOON. :-D

Posted by: Christina on May 11, 2006

"Honor of Iraq" - while personally I agree with you on many levels, this is an MIT admissions blog and is not the proper forum for the kind of polarized politicial discussion that will undoubtedly arise from your comment. As such, I have removed it.

I encourage you to find a more appropriate place to discuss the topic, as it is certainly worthy.

Posted by: Ben on May 12, 2006

Adnan - just sent you email...

Posted by: Ben on May 12, 2006