MIT student blogger Chris S. '11

Welcome 2014s!! :) by Chris S. '11

See you in the fall!

So we’re almost an hour past May 3, which means you SHOULD have finally made the decision on matriculation! For all of those that replied in the affirmative, congratulations!

You’re in for one heck of a ride. ^______^V but don’t worry, you’ll be in with some of the best company you will ever know. :)

Honestly, after I heard this a few months ago on the radio, I realized the Kelly Clarkson perfectly described my relationship with MIT. So here it is, and don’t hate. :D

Being with you
Is so dysfunctional
I really shouldn’t miss you
But I can’t let you go
Oh yeah

11 responses to “Welcome 2014s!! :)”

1. Hopeful '15 says:

Hi,
    Thank you for letting us know how you feel about MIT.
    It is really encouraging to see people like you are so interested in this institute.
    I’m looking forward to applying to MIT for entry year 2011. So, I hope I’ll meet you then… smile

2. Mark Spatz says:

Sweet, got my Kerberos ID! Athena dialup here I come!

3. Lauren says:

FIRST! And thanks for the post. I was kind of worried about coming to MIT, but now I think I’ll be happy here smile

4. Anon '14 says:

@Chris

Haha well, depends on what your definition of “cheap boba” is. I live on the west coast in a city where there are quite a few boba (and TONS OF FROZEN YOGURT) places, but they’re all ~$4 for a small cup.

5. Anon '14 says:

(the boba, not the froyo)

Wow – that’s expensive!

For some odd reason I remember lemon green with boba that I got at Quickly’s last summer in Oakland was only around ~$2, or is my mind deluding me…raspberry

West coasters often scoff at Quickly’s, but seriously, after you come to the east coast, you’ll learn to appreciate it. wink

I think the froyo craze is just coming on here – more and more stores are opening, like red mango that just came a few months ago.

There’s also a place at Harvard Square (ok, don’t blame me for this, but seriously Harvard is a lot better located than MIT in terms of eating) that has great froyo – Berryline – check it out when you get here!

7. Anon '14 says:

Chris, are there good/cheap boba places near MIT? :D

recaptcha: trundle (1997b). I don’t think I’ve ever had parentheses before o_O

^ What a great question to ask.

Prior to this year, we used to have to go to Boston Tea Stop in Harvard Square, but actually a new boba place just opened in Kendall Square this semester! smile

Here it is: http://www.yelp.com/biz/leisure-station-cambridge

I personally think it’s alright (just like all the boba I’ve had in Boston), but the proximity probably makes it a big plus compared to the Boston Tea Stop Harvard Square.

I feel like “cheap boba” doesn’t exist anywhere on the east coast. It kinda does on the west coast, but nothing can compare to the huge (750 mL) boba milk teas that I can get next to my high school for just 20 NT (~SEVENTY CENTS!!!).

This is when I miss Taiwan raspberry

(oh, and if you happen to be at NYC, go to St. Alps. It easily beats any boba place in Boston)

9. genius ('18) says:

That wuz EPIC! Nice Post!

ReCaptcha: take scouted

10. nerd '14 says:

when does the next round of stuff come in the mail for the ’14ers? like the i3?