Nisha D. '21
You can usually tell a lot about a person by what they get excited about. Not, “Oh yeah haha that’s pretty cool” excited - I’m talking wild eyed, foaming at the mouth, “OMIGOD YASSSS” excited.
So without further ado, here’s a short list of things that I (figuratively, and occasionally literally) foam at the mouth over.
- Rewatchable TV shows. The ones that immediately come to mind are Game of Thrones, Rick and Morty, and Pushing Daisies (I seriously watched Rick and Morty Season 3 Episode 6 something like five times within two hours of its release, like this is not a joke)
- Rock music, movie/game soundtrack, and this Japanese band called B’z. My music aesthetic is best described as Sounds weirdly specific but ok
- A LOT of anime. For somebody who claims to not be a weaboo, I watch an embarrassing amount of this stuff
- Code that compiles on the first try. AKA a blessing from the coding gods
- Eight hours of sleep. Or more, preferably
- FINAL FANTASY 7. I may or may not have written two of my MIT essays/one of my essays on the application for these blogs/literally my entire Common App essay on this game. Why? I’m still trying to figure that one out
- Japanese language (and food). Once upon a time I learned Japanese solely for the purpose of playing the aforementioned video game. This eventually led to some cool study abroad adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun.
- Dogs and cats. This should be self-explanatory
- Fall in New Hampshire. a. I'm weirdly passionate about raking my yard and b. I like everything pumpkin flavored