MIT student blogger Piper '13

A Day in the Life by Piper '13

see what we're up to

It’s 2am, I’m up reading about plane crashes (more on my classes later), and a cool thing is happening on campus.

Technique, MIT’s yearbook (and, relatedly, the photography/design club) is hosting A Day in the Life.  This is one day where students all over campus – grad students working late in lab, people psetting, athletes, artists, awesome people with dart guns, whoever – will take pictures as they go about their normal day, and post them on the website.

To be honest, I’m not sure how old this project is (perhaps someone more enlightened will comment?) – but ever since I stumbled upon it two years ago, I thought it was really neat ^_^

The day runs midnight to midnight, so if you’d like to see photos from some of the early birds (well, night owls), take a look!

And now, back to my regularly scheduled tooling*

* except I’m usually asleep by midnight…

2 responses to “A Day in the Life”

1. First!

I have seen a lot of ‘Day in the life of’ projects on YouTube, but this was the first academic one! Kudos to MIT! smile

2. Awesome fun! Great opportunity to find a common thread with other students to massively increase your conversation quota for the day!