Sir Nigel Blogberry

Mar 7, 2012

I have SMASHING news!

Posted in: Miscellaneous, Process & Statistics

'Allo poppets!!

Sir Nigel Archibald Blogberry here! Marianne and I docked the commvee for some petrol while the kids fetch a cuppa and some take-away. Earlier this year Eliza asked us to install wireless Internet on the old boat. In fact she was rather demanding, although I must say now I quite enjoy being able to stream BBC Radio to Zanzibar while on safari. She also insisted I begin a web journal which sounded like a simply magnificent idea.

So let me tell you about our most recent discovery! Whilst rummaging about in the archives of the Bodleian I had found an old map of labyrinthine catacombs along the banks of the Charles River. So we pipped across the pond to explore the secrets of the old colonies and whatnot. I must say upon our arrival the seafaring natives looked at us a tad queerly, but after I deployed some primitive sign language they seemed to understand and welcome us. Some of them even brought us some terrific whopping rashers of bacon that were simply splendid.

We packed our kit and started exploring the catacombs. I had barely touched pick to whisker before I fell into a great honking cavern. After I got over a slightly embarrassing case of the screaming abdabs, Eliza handed me a lantern and I began peering about.

That's when I saw them: the most SPLENDIFEROUS cave paintings I have ever seen, complete with ancient inscriptions in a mysterious tongue carved beneath them!

Once, in the distant past, in the ancient land of Beaveria, there were two warring peoples: the people of Pi, and the people of Tau.

For many moons they fought bitterly amongst themselves over how the circumference of a circle might properly be measured and honored.

Until one day a wise old man, Stuartus Schmillius, came down from his home on the mountain top, bearing with him two stone tablets.

“People of Beaveria!” said Schmillius, “It is time for us to cease this battle and live in peace!” He held his tablets aloft, shining in the sun.

“From this day forth, we shall honor both our ways!” proclaimed the old man. “On Pi Day, at Tau Time, our peoples will join together in a celebration of peace, and also math!”

Schmillius planted the tablets into the hillside, where they stand to this very day. Then he sprightly skateboarded away into the horizon.

The people of Beaveria were somewhat puzzled, but thankful for this wisdom. And thereafter they honored Pi Day – 3/14 – at Tau Time – 6:28 PM – as a moment of special significance, as do their descendants to this very day.

And beside this last painting was a final, lengthier message, carved deeply into the rock, as if its creators wanted to make sure it would last long after them.

MIT Regular Action admissions decisions will be available online on Wednesday, March 14, beginning at 6:28 PM ET.

When decisions are released, access decisions.mit.edu and log in using the same username and password that you use to log into your MyMIT account. There are no interim screens, so you should be sure you are ready to receive your decision online before logging in to decisions.mit.edu.

To ensure that you will receive a decision online, please visit https://decisions.mit.edu/verify.php and enter your username and password. The verify page is available now for applicants to confirm their login ability and decision eligibility.

If you've forgotten your MyMIT username and/or password, you may use our automated system to reset it. Visit MyMIT and click on the lost username or password links beneath the log-in box on the right. 

I must say I haven't the foggiest idea what this all means. A dark myth of wizards and warlords? Perhaps a primitive clamor for crops? An unusually dapper vision of the gods and ancients? Alas, we shall never know, as I'm afraid their language is clearly long dead and totally indecipherable, even to a learned expert such as myself.

More's the pity, but ah well! The tots are back from Tesco and it's time for us to be Blogberrying about again!

Cheerio!

*Gives father a sarcastic look then throws down her magazine*

But seriously guys, in all seriousness, I'm not even applying and Nigel Thornberrying your decision date made me cry laughing. Kudos to you!

Posted by: Debbie Thornberry on March 7, 2012

So, we have come to this...

Posted by: Fireares on March 7, 2012

This is awesome. I'm not even getting a decision RA (got in EA) and I think this is the coolest announcement I've seen all year. Thornberries brings back memories, and Pi Day @ Tau time is the best decision time. Props to Sir Nigel Blogberry and Stuartus Schmillius.

Also, TAU FOREVER! *runs*

Posted by: Miranda on March 7, 2012

This is why I want to go to MIT.

@Fireares:
I see what you did there.
http://www.xkcd.com/1022/

TAU FOREVER

Posted by: Kathleen on March 7, 2012

PI IS WRONG, TAU SHALL REIGN
http://tauday.com/

Posted by: Michael Perrone on March 7, 2012

This is the coolest and cutest thing ever!! I just LOOOVE MIT's sense of humor. Can't wait for pi day!!

Posted by: Fady Eid on March 7, 2012

This must be the best blog post I've read in a long while! To bad I won't get the decision on pi-day, it will be the 15th here.. But at least I will get to enjoy(?) pi-day without any life changing decisions!

Posted by: Christel on March 7, 2012

Anybody else read this entire post in Nigel's accent?

Posted by: Brent on March 7, 2012

This is the greatest thing of all time.

Posted by: Justin on March 7, 2012

OK, unless I'm incorrect, transfer applicants won't have access to decisions until...April. I do not have a MyMIT account.
...Just the way it is?

Posted by: James W on March 7, 2012

Amazing post! I am so excited for pi day!
@Brent: Yes I did :p

Posted by: Harleen Dhillon on March 7, 2012

This is the best way to receive terrifying news. I was watching the Wild Thornberrys on Netflix when I got the email!

Posted by: Lyndsey Penman (16?) on March 7, 2012

Duuude! That's a shame :( I would be the first to comment, but then my dad calls me and my internet drops, and look how many comments are there! :O

But seriously now........... YAYYYYYY!!!!!! THIS IS SO EXCITING!!!1!!!!!!1!11one!! My poor heart, he's too fast right now >.< And what an awesome way to announce it! Hahahaha I laughed. Go go go!

Posted by: Guilherme L Wanderley on March 7, 2012

Epic post is EPIC

Posted by: Ivan on March 7, 2012

Hahaha! OMG! I almost had a heart attack for some seconds. It feels like getting smashed by Light Yagami. Anyway, good luck to everyone!

Posted by: El Mehdi on March 7, 2012

"NYAGYAHGYAGYAhh!"
-Nigel Thornberry

Dear god, I hope I get admitted! I've been counting down every day to Pi Day since early February. It's been a slow, agonizing wait. My birthday is on the 15th. Either I'm going to have the best birthday of my life, or the worst birthday of my life.

Posted by: Kit Sanders on March 7, 2012

Definitely read it in Nigel's accent... Man I miss the days of the Wild Thornberrys and Hey Arnold.. kids television has definitely gone downhill since our days..

Posted by: Priscilla on March 7, 2012

I am rendered speechless. This is absolutely the most hilarious yet awesome admissions notice ever!

Posted by: Everest Shi on March 7, 2012

hahahahaha xD that is WICKED! @brent: of course i did! :D
actually, i read everything in a british accent because that's how i speak :D too bad decisions won't be available to us british kids until the 15th...
i suppose running an approximately 14 mile race on pi day is eventful enough for one day smile

Posted by: silv on March 7, 2012

I did not expect MIT to announce this in recent-meme form.

But I should have. raspberry

Posted by: Piotr Kowalczyk on March 7, 2012

Hahahaha, you guys are so cool! smile

Posted by: jvl on March 7, 2012

I wish I was on Eastern Time! Then it wouldn't be so tempting to spoil the 6:28 perfection...

Posted by: Christi on March 7, 2012

Wonderfuly clever story! Thank you MIT -- can't wait for tau time smile

*insomnia sets in*

Posted by: Nikita B. on March 7, 2012

How exciting! 7 more days! I CANT STOP GIGGLING!

Posted by: Chan Hyun Park on March 7, 2012

This meme.... oh my god XD it ravages my tumblr and now it ravages my email.

SMASHING!

Posted by: Tia Lewis on March 7, 2012

Just cracked when I finished the whole thing.

SO FUNNY HAHAHAHAHA.

3.1415026535897932381626433832795028841971693993.... Our school just held the Pi competition and now this comes out. This number is just stuck in my head now.

Posted by: Yimo on March 7, 2012

Hm. Why do I get the strange, unshakable feeling that Elizabeth drew this? Anyways, this was probably the best possible way to announce the decision date/time, thanks to the admissions office for all of their hard work!

<whimper>
also, pi is pretty cool guys, it's not all about tau, is it? right, guys?
</whimper>

Posted by: Ken L. on March 7, 2012

This just made my day, whether I end up crying as many tears as there are digits in those famous numbers is yet to be seen, but this will make it all worth it. SMASHING!

Posted by: Nicholas Dvorak on March 7, 2012

Awesome!!! I cannot wait for next week. So nervous. To everyone, good luck and may we all survive these last few days.

Posted by: TayS on March 7, 2012

Thank you to the MIT admissions team for setting a precise date and time! It seems like every other college says something along the lines of "by April 1st" or something....

Though I was expecting 1:59pm, to be honest. 3.14 1:59, you know?

Posted by: Andrew Lavery on March 7, 2012

This shows us how enjoyable MIT can be.
Good luck for everyone applying.
Sport would be a good way to wait for the decision !!!

Posted by: Saymo on March 7, 2012

It's gonna be a life-changing decision alright...
But like Elizabeth said in her "don't freak out" song: (8) soo...worry can wait, we're gonna be great....no matter how things turn out (8) wink

Best of luck guys! smile

Posted by: SFaiyaz on March 7, 2012

Nigel, you have just made my day because I read your post aloud in your awesome accent! Also, this story is AMAZING!!!

Posted by: Zekeriya Abacioglu on March 7, 2012

The fact that this is Nigel Thornberry just made my life. Good luck everyone!

Posted by: Caitlin on March 7, 2012

WOOT WOOT!!!

Damn Nervous! Hope for the best people!

Posted by: Sourabh on March 7, 2012

Fantastic! Can't wait, so nervous! (On a side note, go Tau!)

Posted by: Chris on March 7, 2012

One more reason I want to go to MIT! It's been so long since I last saw The Wild Thornberrys hahaha! Good luck everyone!! smile)

Posted by: Carlos on March 7, 2012

I am also really excited becasue I have been waiting for 3 months after I was deferred.

Posted by: Tim Shi on March 7, 2012

I USED TO WATCH THIS SHOW hahaha and I did read the entire thing in Nigel's accent. I'm pleasantly surprised I remember it.

Well, I guess at my place I'll be checking my decision on March 15 at 6:28pm +8 GMT smile

Posted by: Chris Ong on March 7, 2012

AWW YEEEEAH SIR NIGEL BLOGBERRY

Good luck, applicants! I'll be constantly maintaining the decisions servers next week.

-- Master Steelblade

Posted by: Master Steelblade on March 7, 2012

This post basically sums up why I want to go to MIT. However, I find one issue with the legend; the pi people would have easily won the battle :b.

Posted by: Edward Schembor on March 7, 2012

I should be worried and tense but this makes it so exciting. Thx MIT. Love the symbolism.

Posted by: ARYAMAN on March 7, 2012

...goes home to watch her copy of the wild Thornberrys movie

Posted by: Kaitlyn on March 7, 2012

And you wonder why I want to go to MIT?! Is that even a serious question?

Posted by: Alexandria on March 7, 2012

I can only imagine what this post is like to someone who never watched the Thornberrys.

Though tau is great and all, I must say, we have to be thankful for pi, or else Euler's identity wouldn't look quite as nice.

Posted by: Loren Weng on March 7, 2012

Let the countdown begin!
I'll be playing this right before the decisions come out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRLdhFVzqt4
And I'll be playing this in celebration if I get in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usfiAsWR4qU

Good luck to everyone!

Posted by: Raff Miceli on March 7, 2012

This just made my night!

Posted by: Rochelle on March 7, 2012

I cannot wait to see!!! and I love this blog post!!!

Posted by: Jungsoo Kim on March 7, 2012

its cute, but my (inevitable) rejection is going to ruin all future pi days for me. the best day of the year will forever become **the day i got rejected from MIT**

:'(

Posted by: Wendy on March 7, 2012

90% of you will not be admitted.

Posted by: Anonymous on March 7, 2012

Good thing they decided on Pi Day @ Tau Time and not the other way around...

Posted by: Pi<Tau on March 7, 2012

Gosh, they are so clever and witty! I want to be a part of all of this so badly. If not for undergraduate studies, at least one point in my life.

Posted by: Natalie Maria on March 7, 2012

For the one who thinks Euler's identity wouldn't work with tau, watch and be amazed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG7vhMMXagQ

Posted by: Miriam on March 7, 2012

So we're down to the final countdown! Good luck to everyone! I hope I'm admitted as well! And regarding the blog post, it was hilarious, but personally I'm a tad disappointed that Donnie didn't make an appearance.
LOL. So the tension has increased exponentially! Let's hope that the outcome is favorable!

Posted by: Mathew Thomas on March 7, 2012

It took me a while to finish this post because I became so caught up in the video loop. I must have watched that thing at least 20 times before I could move on. I'm happy to finally know the decision date, this is the last college that I have yet to hear back from.

Posted by: Patrick Lown on March 7, 2012

Haha, I had heard of the pi day from some friends who applied to MIT last year. Even so, you made this even MORE awesome! I can't wait!!!

Posted by: Jordi Turner on March 7, 2012

I saw the email and was like whaaattt i have to FIGURE out when decisions are being released?? COOOL! then *pop* goes the bubble... they giv it away..lol. But really this was a gr8 way to break the news to us... PS i hope MIT Admissions knows i'll hardly be able to sleep till then ^_^...

Good Luck to everyone!

Posted by: Deron Browne on March 7, 2012

i'll do this with my hands forever. Blarghghghghghgh.

Posted by: Frank Lu on March 7, 2012

This is honestly the best thing I have ever looked at. Why does MIT constantly do things like this that make me love it so much?

If I don't get in I will read this announcement over and cry.

And eventually move on with my life. But first I will mourn with Nigel Thornberry.

Posted by: Dee on March 7, 2012

This is so amazing! This is why MIT remains so unique....! The humor in it just smothered the tension of 14th March!
Good Luck everyone!

Posted by: Pranav Kumar Mohanty on March 7, 2012

Thx Annoymous. Know that already tho!

Posted by: ARYAMAN on March 7, 2012

Euler's identity would actually look more nice with tau:

With pi: e^ipi = 0 - 1
Kinda ugly

But with tau: e^itau = 1 + 0
which is more aesthetically pleasing in my opinion.

Posted by: adirie on March 7, 2012

ok so I selected notify me when there are follow up comments...then after 5 mins i realise what a bad idea that was... haha

So one week? Sweet and sour chicken am I ever anxious.

Posted by: Harrison on March 7, 2012

this makes me feel better about my inevitable rejection!

Posted by: goober on March 7, 2012

6 x 10^28, hell yeah!
Chem FTW

Posted by: Bob on March 7, 2012

So who else read that entirely in Nigel's voice with the occasional snicker/random noises he makes? haha

Posted by: Joshua Jenkins on March 7, 2012

Haha... Pi Day! That is SOOOO EPIC! I'll be counting the days (and probably the minutes too) smile

This is why MIT is AWESOME!!!!!!!

Posted by: Elizabeth Z on March 7, 2012

On the other hand I must admit, this'll make it even harder to let MIT go if I am not accepted! But well, such is life...

Posted by: jvl on March 7, 2012

MIT, Y u so awesome?
Sheer awesomeness, can't wait. Hope pi and tau together get me through!

Posted by: Rajit on March 7, 2012

Yaaahooo ,,,,,, I feel so excited guys .... I really love this kind of blogs ,

GOOD LUCK ..... smile

Posted by: Abderhman A. Abuhashem on March 7, 2012

And Nigel Blogberry upon visting Florence, Italy discovered underneath Brunelleschi's dome an inscription referring to the same location and a message from a Florentine nobleman who had visited the site and wrote in Italian the following: Che Buffo! Ricordo il programma come era l'altro giorno. Ti amo MIT per questa cosa. Spero che mi ammettano. Voglio diventare una parte della questa communita'. Ma, se non mi ammetterebbero questa cosa sara' memorabile.

Posted by: michael on March 7, 2012

:OOOOOOOOO IT'S RUGRATS :D

Posted by: Edasaur on March 7, 2012

Good luck everyone!!! ^.^

Posted by: MGLgrirl on March 7, 2012

this is what sets MIT a class apart

Posted by: sachit on March 7, 2012

I am super psyched for the decisions....MIT Is my dream......the Pi day is fast approaching you guys.......I dont know for you, but MIT has been my dream like for ever.......irrespective of the decision, we have to understand that we are all great people and we are destined to do great things no matter where we end up. We are all capable of realifying our dreams....thats why we chose to apply here in the first place....Let us post our dreams here so that even after tau time, our dreams wont be forgotten!!!!!!!!!...............Mine is---to be an MIT undergrad and resolve string theory...........id love to hear yours

Posted by: Manish Bhatt on March 7, 2012

Have faith in God. He will not fail or forsake you.

When I am accepted it will be by the grace of God.

YEEE LEHGO PI DAY @ TAU TIME

Posted by: Coleworld on March 8, 2012

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Mason Williams on March 8, 2012

I love this! It really made my day. Thanks ^_^

Posted by: John-Peter Bruner on March 8, 2012

Whaaaaaattttttt ok, I couldn't help jumping up and down when I saw Prof. "Blogberry" from Adventures with the Thornberrys. THIS IS THE MOST CHARMING THING SINCE PROFESSOR FLITWICK!!!! I love it. Blast from the past, best show ever! I am inspired smile

Posted by: Micaella Zubkov on March 8, 2012

I used to watch this cartoon a lot when I was younger! They don't show it on Nickelodeon any more unfortunately.

Awesome announcement!

Posted by: Ashwin on March 8, 2012

That was certainly an exceptional notification for decisions just like the students of MIT.:D May the most deserving get in! Best of luck to all! Hope MIT surprises us by taking everyone in (Probability= 1 in infinity= ZERO) raspberry

Posted by: Shashwat Verma on March 8, 2012

Oh god the anticipation...

BUT THIS IS SO EPIC

Posted by: Willis Ruomu Wang on March 8, 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFNKccJc5eo

Posted by: Zack Nado on March 8, 2012

Decision... CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

Bring it on.

Posted by: Albert Orozco on March 8, 2012

The best part was - "Until one day a wise old man, Stuartus Schmillius, came down from his home on the mountain top, bearing with him two stone tablets...."
P.S.- He is Dean of Admissions.
Good job Sir Nigel BLOGberry..

Posted by: Aishvarya on March 8, 2012

MIT, you've outdone yourself.
Not only a Thornberrys reference, but quite possibly the only way to one up 3/14 at 1:59.
Going here would be so sweet! Good luck to all.

Down with PI

Posted by: Sean B on March 8, 2012

I just couldn't help laughing! I can't wait. Hope I get in. smile

Posted by: Kruthi on March 8, 2012

This is brilliant!! You guys never fail to amaze me with your wit, humour and creativity. Never a dull moment at MIT smile

Posted by: Ruisa on March 8, 2012

The pandorica opens.

Something very old and very new is coming!!

Brace yourselves!!!!!

Posted by: Domingo Cruz on March 8, 2012

Wham! I thought it will be difficult to conjure up the magic of last year's perfect alignment of numbers.

This year, you folks made one up.

MIT's awesomeness has no limits :D :D

Posted by: Raj Kunkolienkar ('16)? on March 8, 2012

This is why I go to MIT. haha.... its legit. smile

Posted by: Hollie O'Brien '15 on March 8, 2012

Hahahaha! Awesome!
Now I just have to figure out what Tau time in Boston is here in U.A.E.!

Posted by: Maliha Mohsin on March 8, 2012

hahahahahaha ,,, MOTHER OF GOD !!!

Posted by: Aman Jain on March 8, 2012

I have SMASHING news! for all of you guys.
this man named Sir Nigel Blogberry is just a con artist and he is not an adventurer and all the cave paintings are made up and fake. NO such a man named Stuartus Schmillius ever existed. I couldn't find any records of this man in the history.I only could find a very nice man called Stuart Schmill.
just look at his photo : http://steamcommunity.com/id/Tazojin
does he/she looks like an adventurer? I don't think so. I want to tell you that don't believe this fraud. all the cave paintings are fake. and I am going to inform the FBI about this guy. I wishing for the day that I see this man/woman behind the jail's doors.
===================================
Just kidding.
I am so excited and can't wait anymore.
Viva pi día, la hora Tau

Posted by: Kamran on March 8, 2012

CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Posted by: Dnyanesh on March 8, 2012

Can't wait for a week! My ACTH is gonna be so high! I wish they accepted more students.

Posted by: Ali on March 8, 2012

I just realized that pie day tau time will be March 15, past 2 AM in my time. Hello insomnia!

Posted by: Ali on March 8, 2012

Completely speechless ! I WISH A VERY GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL !

Posted by: Abdallah Shuhadeh on March 8, 2012

Can't wait for Pi day!!!!!

Posted by: oceane on March 8, 2012

@Kamran It actually is Stuart Schmill and he is the Dean of Admissions at MIT.

Posted by: Bhaskar on March 8, 2012

Loving the doodles!
Loving Stu Schmill!
Loving Sir Nigel Blogberry!
Loving Pi AND Tau!
Loving the ancient suit-cropped shorts attire(nice sense of style Mr.Schmillius)!
LOVING MIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D
Can't wait to get in and soak up the awesomeness that is MIT B)
Best of luck everyone!! smile

Posted by: Sam on March 8, 2012

This is the coolest thing ever! That's the MIT way!!

Posted by: Martin Liu on March 8, 2012

At least I know what song to weep to if/when I receive my rejection letter. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CFB4JisVks

Posted by: Tom on March 8, 2012

OMG man.. This would be the most exciting moment in my life.
BUT.. it's 06:28:00 a.m. Thursday March 15 in China............ So I have to get up early in the morning... OMG!!!!
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there anyone else from China????

Posted by: Jayne on March 8, 2012

Haha that was cool. Great idea :D
However, those carve paintings couldn't reduce my anxiousness about admission decision at all.
I AM DEAD INTERESTED! YEEAAAAA

Posted by: Gelare on March 8, 2012

OMG..why the hell didn't I apply to MIT?

Posted by: Bushra Ali on March 8, 2012

Much Kudos to those who responded to my Euler's identity comment, you guys are awesome!
I would like to venture that ln(-1) = i(pi) is marginally better looking than i(tau/2) though,but who knows, maybe I'll be countered again.

Posted by: Loren Weng on March 8, 2012

@Bashkar
I know that. I just wanted to use the addition of "us" to end of his name as proof to show people that he (Sir Nigel Blogberry) is just a liar . the first part was just a joke. don't bother wink

Posted by: Kamran on March 8, 2012

* @Bhaskar
sorry for mistake.

Posted by: Kamran on March 8, 2012

@Loren Weng:

But when you put Tau in, it becomes ln(1)=i(Tau).
So i(Tau)=0, you get a product, which is equal to zero, but none of the factors is actually zero. How cool is that?

Posted by: rosewater on March 8, 2012

pi day tau tym, here we go... my dream is about to come true

Posted by: pelagie on March 8, 2012

Applying to MIT is in itself a nice experience !! haha. I am extremely happy to know that the results will become available at march 15, 1:28 AM in my region(LEBANON). Comes just after chelsea's game against napoli in the champions league!!! MASSIVE DAY FOR MEEE, although I know how my chances are slim (like everyone of us :/) .

Sooo good luck to you all :D (Getting rejected by MIT is faaaaaaar from being something shameful).

Posted by: A. Mrad on March 8, 2012

I was dying of laughter on this post. If I get into MIT I think this just sealed my decision. MIT is just too awesome.

Posted by: Liam on March 8, 2012

LEGEN-wait-for-it-DARY

Posted by: ARIFXLR8 on March 8, 2012

Please do pray that what is best and good for us, we will get it!!!! iA!!!

Posted by: Shah92 on March 8, 2012

Less than one week awaits. Good luck, everybody!

Posted by: Daniel on March 8, 2012

This was the BEST, GREATEST, FUNNIEST, CLEVEREST thing everr!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D I LOOOVED it!!!!!!!!!!! I love MIT! I so hope to get accepted!! *anxious* smile))))))))))))) Great Job!!!

Posted by: Erjonat on March 8, 2012

Best of Luck everyone!

Posted by: Sadia Siddiqui on March 8, 2012

That's why MIT rules the nation!

Posted by: Pol Gurri on March 8, 2012

ln(1) is not i(Tau) . In complex numbers, exponential functions are not always injective, and therefore logarythms don't behave in the same way. The fact that both e^[i(Tau)] and e^0 equal 1 does not mean that 0=i(tau) because in complex numbers e^x is not injective. Both i(tau) and 0 are complex numbers but they are not equal.

smile

Posted by: Jvl on March 8, 2012

@ JVI
ln(1) is just zero..

Wow!! That's amazing! This is the best entry I've read! hehehe
You have made a great job! Now it's time to wait to Pi Day (well, it won't be Pi Day for me in Spain). So GOOD LUCK everybody!!
MIT amazes me every day, that's why I wanna go there!
By the way, @rosewater
this is called the Euler identity: e^(ipi)+1=0, which uses complex numbers. It comes from the expression: cosx + isinx= e^(ix).
Well, that's all! Good luck again! see you on Pi Day!

Posted by: Jorge Lacaba on March 8, 2012

@Jvl yeah, my bad, I got carried away defending Tau smile Can I get away with "wquivalent in this context"? And hey, it still brings five fundamental constants together (1, 0, e, i and Tau).

@Mason Williams what @Jvl is saying is that writing Euler's identity out in terms of Tau and then taking natural logs of each side is not strictly allowed, cause you're working with imaginary numbers. It's a bit like n roots of unity - each one of them to the power of n is equal to 1, but that doesn't mean they are equal to each other.

@Jorge Lacaba yeah, I'm aware of that, thanks smile I was just responding to an argument someone made that when you use Tau instead of Pi, you lose the beauty that is Euler's identity.

Posted by: rosewater on March 8, 2012

Anyway, the Tau time idea is great since Tau is commonly used as a time constant in Physics.
That said, Pi is better because it has two legs! Or let's say that Pi is way more used than Tau, in Mathematics.

Posted by: El Mehdi on March 8, 2012

@El Mehdi, are you arguing that pi is better because it is more popular than tau? I believe there is a name for such a fallacy. =]

"argumentum ad populum". YAY GOOGLE.

But I do understand the the ubiquity has value, but no change can occur with that attitude! Tau could become that popular, and if it were just as popular, tau would be better!! wink

Posted by: Michael Perrone on March 8, 2012

The perfect reason for the involuntary and uncontrollable =D smile I have on my face when I hear the letters "MIT". If only people would understand why I was crazy about it even before reaching highschool...

Loved the creativity shown by the admissions department. Even though I have started to get those tension-creating mini-heart-attacks, this start puts me on a positive path. smile

Posted by: Larix93 on March 8, 2012

Awesome blog! U know, I'm good, no matter what! I've already learned enough from the MIT MITES program to help me to thrive where ever I go to college. Good luck to all of you people of Pi and Tau!

Posted by: miter4life on March 8, 2012

My mind was pretty much blown by the awesomeness. This is exactly why I love MIT.

Posted by: Michaela on March 8, 2012

@Michal:
I was just kidding, anyway. raspberry
By the way, it's not an argumetum ad populum because it does involve other people's beliefs concerning Pi or Tau.
But, seriously, I have no preference regarding Tau or Pi. I'd rather use Phi. (Guess why.)

Posted by: El Mehdi on March 8, 2012

it does not*

Posted by: El Mehdi on March 8, 2012

how much do you guys want to bet that we hear absolutely NOTHING from MIT Admissions 'till wednesday lol

Posted by: Deron Browne on March 8, 2012

That was very creative!!! I liked it very much but still i'm nervous!

Posted by: Vero on March 8, 2012

Good luck to everyone on Pi Day and Tau time even though it won't be Pi Day in France =-) I am so anxious MIT has always been a dream for me and I really hope it will come true next week =D

Posted by: oceane on March 8, 2012

@ Deron Browne
I agree tongue wink lol
PS love this post =-) But still very nervous...

Posted by: oceane on March 8, 2012

@rosewater Well, I'd say that you'd be right to claim that 0 and i(tau) have a common property. smile

In my opinion, Euler's equation is better with pi, for two reasons:
1) It contains more information (a+1=0 implies a=-1, but a^2=1+0 does not imply a=-1)
2) e^i(pi)+1=0 looks better than e^i(tau)=1+0, because why in the world would you write +0 at the end of an equation?

However, in terms of how radians should be measured, I do believe that we should use tau and not pi.

Nevertheless, I'm willing to tolerate the occassional headaches of having to think of a full 360° angle as two times our constant, for the sake of mathematical tradition. smile

Posted by: jvl on March 8, 2012

@oceane Me too! lol... the way they put it just made the pill a tad easier to swallow...hehe

... only at MIT. Hopefully I (along with many others) will be able to enjoy the full experience next week!

Posted by: Mark LaPointe on March 8, 2012

I saw the headline "I have SMASHING News" and almost died. I have been 100% taken by surprise by MIT's humor. I hope I get a chance to meet everyone! This seems like the BEST way to go to college! I'm so excited, yet surprisingly terrified at the same time. Thrilling way to reveal the verdict though!

Posted by: Nate Peck on March 8, 2012

@jvl I'm there with you on Euler's identity. Adding +0 at the end does seems awfully arbitrary, and introducing two into the power of e messes things up. It also has this immediate effect of "WHOA, but e is POSITIVE, WHAT KIND OF SORCERY IS THAT" when you write it in terms of Pi.
I'm also perfectly comfortable with converting between 2Pi and 360 degrees; I just don't think it's about us anymore, or even mathematical tradition. I think it should be about thousands (millions? probably millions) of kids who are introduced to the concept for the first time every year. A lot of them see quarter of a circle being Pi over two and decide math is useless and confusing, when, in fact, it doesn't have to be confusing, not when you are twelve. I have a four-year-old sister and when, in a number of years, she comes to me and asks "what the hell is up with trigonometry?", I want to be able to say "but LOOK, it's simple, it's easy, it's elegant!", not "yeah, some dudes in Mesopotamia decided it had to be this way, just go with it". Sorry, I'm rambling. You should check out ViHart's video on Tau if you haven't seen it already, she sums it up in a good way. I'll link to it in my username. I do see your point about Tau being a bit of a stretch in some places, though!

Posted by: rosewater on March 8, 2012

My suggested time is:

3/14 1:59:26.536 AM (rounded off to 3 decimal places), but expect that's a little early. MIT will not have completed their decisions by then. They need another 17+ hours, and will have to work overtime after 5PM.

Posted by: Dan Oliver '60 an EC on March 8, 2012

Omigosh.
MIT you make me love you more and more <3

Posted by: Elizabeth Ji on March 8, 2012

@Dan Oliver
I was thinking they could do it at 15:00 (24 hour clock), to make it a more regular time, but then I realized that that would put it at 92 minutes... So instead, what about 3/14 at 15 hours, and 0.926535898 * 60 minutes, or 55.5921539 minutes. Just to be annoying wink

Posted by: Andrew Lavery on March 8, 2012

Very creative and amusing.

Posted by: AK on March 8, 2012

Its been a journey that I hope ends with a life learning lesson Bang. Ive learned so much from the Blogs and will cherish this Pi-day and those beyond for times to come.
BTW PI Rules!!!

Posted by: Khari Baker on March 8, 2012

I just wanted to say to whoever wrote this post, that is, Nigel Blogberry, that this blog post was the most amazing email I've ever received in my entire life. Thank you.

Posted by: Mcikegami on March 9, 2012

You're all so giddy now, but wait till you learn that 20% of the freshman class every year borderline fails at least one class.

Posted by: Current student on March 9, 2012

CORNY ASS name nigel blogberry pfff

Posted by: Anon on March 9, 2012

hahahhha...hilarious! Being the great school MIT is, I almost believed, for a sec, that they had actually discovered a painting... Waiting anxiously for decision date, God bless! :-D

Posted by: Chishimba Natalia 93' on March 9, 2012

I feel like I am Astronaut Armstrong sitting in Apolo 11 waiting for the lift off!

Posted by: James Ng on March 9, 2012

I can't believe this is finally happening

Posted by: Noah on March 9, 2012

Well current student that is due in no small part to the adjustment almost all of us have to make from more or less cruising thru high school to actually having to hit the books to keep up with courses. It is also a large part of why the Institute put P/F(no record) in place. Once that reality sinks in (which it does for most) that you no longer are in cruise mode, then a certain sense of the new normal arrives. Everyone I knew could handle the work, there were just a few who did not want to handle the work, and simply did not adjust their expectations to the new reality they faced.

Posted by: Past Student on March 9, 2012

MIT, you are SPLENDIFEROUS!

Posted by: Nada R. on March 9, 2012

All these are giving me more vibes about MIT . Lord, let me get in.!!!!!!

Posted by: Emmanuel Samuels on March 9, 2012

all I can say is Happy Holi!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: kanishk on March 9, 2012

Just found out that I have Calculus on Pi Day rather than Thursday as it usually is because of exit exams! And decisions will be out the minute school gets out (3:28 pm PST exactly)!
If I get in, I won't care if I borderline fail as long as I know I tried my best, and will keep on trying to get better.

Posted by: Manda on March 9, 2012

@Brent... of course.. how could you NOT read it in a British accent? My son is a senior at MIT this year and I still remember the day we found out he was accepted. What fun. Best wishes to you all.

Posted by: Kim on March 9, 2012

SMASHING!

This brings back so much memories. His ACCENT!!

Awesome announcement you guys. Hmm.. Made me wanna watch the Wild Thornberrys all over again. Ah, the good old days. (in all seriousness, I'm not that old)

Posted by: kevin ernig on March 9, 2012

Roxette live 3/14 is crashing MIT decision on pi day! Expecting both are SMASHING GOOD news!
Hello you MIT I love you

Posted by: Sherry on March 9, 2012

@ "current student"... you said, "You're all so giddy now, but wait till you learn that 20% of the freshman class every year borderline fails at least one class."... hmmm.. Borderline fails? Is that like being kind of pregnant?

This is why they do the pass/no record the first semester. MIT is a big adjustment for many students and they know that and support the students. Some kids struggle at first, but they have a lot of support available to you. Don't freak out about this. One of the things that my son was told when he went for CPW was that he should get over the idea that he will have a perfect GPA. It isn't as big of a deal and that when you graduate everyone, no matter what their GPA, has three letters on their diploma.. and those letters are.. M.I.T.!

I also highly recommend that incoming students look at joining a fraternity or sorority. They get additional support and the connections you build are helpful later.

Posted by: Kim on March 10, 2012

@current student ,,,,

I have asked my interviewer about that, his response was the following:"Abdallah MIT wouldn't admit any student unless they are positive that he/she will be capable doing great things in life"... I think you're missing the point when you're talking about GPAs, MIT has written many times:"Study Hard,Play Hard" , its not like high school, so work hard, and remember the thousand things you can enjoy in it ... so chill... hope that we get to see you next August,,, and have a beautiful evening day wherever you are smile

I recommend reading this blog people:

http://mitadmissions.org/blogs/entry/50_things

Posted by: Abdallah Shuhadeh on March 10, 2012

evening\day !!! :D

WOW This is brilliant!
this is THE reason I want to be a member of MIT's community.
I really hope with all my heart to hear good news on Pi day! : )

Posted by: Sophie on March 10, 2012

This brought back memories of my childhood. I'm scared and excited to see the admissions decision. This post just proves how amazing MIT is and I hope I get the chance to go to this amazing school.

Posted by: Allyson Lien on March 11, 2012

Wow! what an announcement! the humour took all the tension away. O God- I just want to be at MIT - please.................

Posted by: Kshitij on March 11, 2012

3 more days till my heart ends its marathon!!!

Posted by: Saleh Hamadeh on March 11, 2012

3 MORE DAYS.............IM SO EXCITED THAT IM SURPRISED I HAVENT TAKEN OFF THE GROUND LIKE SUPERMAN

Posted by: Manish Bhatt on March 11, 2012

At first I was angry that they didn't release the decisions at 1:59, but now this makes it much better.

Posted by: Daniel H on March 11, 2012

Ahahaha! I love it! :D But for west coast people, it's 3/14, 3:28.... But I'm not complaining! :D

Posted by: Holly S on March 11, 2012

BTW it is gonna be about 3 a.m. in local time. Interesting ^.^

Posted by: Gelare on March 11, 2012

And this is why MIT is awesome...so glad I applied! smile

Posted by: Alan S on March 11, 2012

20%? I thought the figure would be close to 80% or something.

I am the embodiment of optimism.

Posted by: Possibly future student on March 11, 2012

Such a great time, at least for those in America. No matter what time zone, east or west, it will always be after school hours. My school day ends at 2:35 so guess what ill be doing till 3:28? Stareing at the screen. But seriously, MIT is a great place, but it doesn't end ones life if one is rejected. There are plenty of other places for college. For me like others, MIT is a dream. There are a lot of good dreams that do not come true. We just have to see on Pi day.

Now that Im of my tangent, what is everyone doing to celebrate Pi day? Im trying to convince my Calculus teacher to give my class a pop quiz on derivitives and integrals involving trig and Pi as a joke smile
What else?

Posted by: Obadiah Peterson on March 11, 2012

@Obadiah Peterson Unless you have some sort of competition that day- such as Academic Games states in Michigan. :( At least they didn't do it on a Friday or Saturday, what with this being FIRST season and all!

Posted by: Andrew Lavery on March 11, 2012

@Andrew Lavery
Well thats a bummer, but if you get in, You will be filled with confidence for the rest of the week.(Thinking above 0 like the rest of us raspberry)

@Obadiah Peterson
Thanks! And good luck to you!

@Obadia Peterson,,,,

March 14- 6:28 PM is March 15- 2:28 AM, in other words, an early morning of the day we here would have an indigestible analytic quiz of Arabic Studies in "Al- Motanabbi poetry" , the HOMER version of Arabia, which is pretty much like analyzing an alien language!

If you consider taking a test,,, try this one,, YOU'LL LOVE IT !!!

I hope this day passes well,,,

Posted by: Abdallah Shuhadeh on March 11, 2012

I've got a class on room 314 on pi day (and it is coincidental). raspberry It ends at 4, and decisions come out at 4:28 for me.

Posted by: jvl on March 11, 2012

I have physic class in room 314 on pie day in France but sadly the decisions only come out at 12:28 am on March 15. But whatever the outcome, I wish everyone the best for pie day. I am sure that everyone did everything they could, and we should all be proud =)
PS I know it's a bit corny but thought it would bring some encouragement =)
*I am so nervous* =P
Best of luck to everyone.

Posted by: oceane on March 11, 2012

@oceane

AMIN to that amigo/a ... we all done some stuff that made us worthy enough to apply to such an institution,,, at least from our perspective ... MIT remains a dream until Pi day comes .... try lsning to the Elizabeth C's song,,, it always cheered me up ... oh ,, and remember that some dude build a nuke plant in his garage and didn't get in MIT, so we all have chances!

http://mitadmissions.org/blogs/author/echoe

Regards fellas ! Perhaps we'll see ya in August!

@ Abdallah
Thanks =-) I needed that. I think I'll keep on listening to this song until pi day =-P
Seriously a dude really did build a nuke plant in his garage? =-D
Hope to also see you in August! =-)

Posted by: oceane on March 11, 2012

@oceane

I guess,,, Chris Peterson posted it in one of his blogs as far as I remember...

Omg I'm in love with this!! <3 This is why I belong at MIT

Posted by: Christina on March 11, 2012

@Obadiah Peterson
School gets out for me at 3:28 PDT (aaahhhh, daylight savings...I know I put PST before....), so I'll have a very out of tune bell to tell me when decisions will be out. Someone's trying to convince my Calculus teacher to give us a quiz on the first 20 digits of pi, and we're all bringing pies (when we thought only AB would have Calculus on Pi day, we wanted to bring pie to their class, even though the teacher said she was planning to give them a quiz that day)

And good luck to everyone doing science and math related competitions! My school only has science bowl, but not a lot of people know about it, or are interested (I doubt most of our team this year even knew science bowl existed before last October), but we noticed a lot of people only came to meetings for things like robotics demonstrations....so I guess thanks to my addiction to MIT blogs these past few months and learning about all of these other cool competitions, people at my school can have more options for what they want to compete in.

Posted by: Manda on March 11, 2012

I've all but given up hope of getting in, but this still gave me a good laugh. Long live the nerdom of MIT!!! You guys are truly one of a kind!

Posted by: kev on March 12, 2012

I sat down in the Airport to come back from the Autodesk FIRST regional (WOOOO TERAVIKS), hoping to deflate a bit after an awesome but stressful weekend...and this is what I see in my inbox. Anxiety/Excitement = Maxed. Thank goodness for the comic relief of the blog, and good luck to everybody!

Posted by: Silky Smooth on March 12, 2012

@kev
I don't think u should give up on your dream before the end. in my case i have faith that God will fulfill my dream. so hold on to whatever yopu believe in and don't give up on the war before the end of the battle.
to everyone else good luck....

Posted by: Marie on March 12, 2012

2 more days till pi day smile
Good luck to everyone wink

Posted by: oceane on March 12, 2012

@Oceane :
Which part of France are you from? smile

Posted by: Claire on March 12, 2012

@Claire
the south of France. Why?

Posted by: oceane on March 12, 2012

@Oceane:
I'm actually from the North of France smile

Posted by: Claire on March 12, 2012

Hallelujah people , hallelujah !

TWO MORE DAYS TO GO!

Posted by: Abdallah Shuhadeh on March 12, 2012

@Claire
Oh! Cool! smile
hopefully we will both be able to get in wink

Posted by: oceane on March 12, 2012

@Claire @Oceane I really hope you do! Always great to have a diverse student body!

Posted by: Andrew Lavery on March 12, 2012

One thing I hear, which is no doubt inspirational is that no matter what happens on pi day, the fact that you applied is good. It concludes possible conflicts of self as a result of feeling that one could have gotten in. By applying, one assures him/herself that he/she would or wouldn't have gotten in. The very fact that we as applicants applied is one of the greatest achievements ever. We all took time out of our lives to find out more about ourselves through this application. Along with the rest of you guys and gals, I keep my hopes up. Although my scores might not have been stellar, other aspects of a person do. I feel like everyone here has a chance of getting in. Long Live geek hood!

Posted by: Obadiah Peterson on March 12, 2012

I was so glad when I was differed and the wait is almost over. I have worked for 4 years for this decision and having this very serious and defining moment expressed through Nigel Thronberry was amazingly refreshing.

bro-hoof: /)

Posted by: Carlos on March 13, 2012

@Andrew
Thanks! smile Hope you do to!

Posted by: oceane on March 13, 2012

So people how do you plan to celebrate tomorrow if you got in ?

Posted by: Abdallah Shuhadeh on March 13, 2012

One more day.... just one more...!

God, please...!!!

Posted by: Jimmy on March 13, 2012

@Andrew
Thank you! I hope you get in too! smile
Tomorrow's coming so fast...

Posted by: Claire on March 13, 2012

@Abdallah If I get in, my neighbors will be hearing the Hallelujah chorus from Handel's Messiah blasting through every speaker system in my house for a solid two hours. XD It may be clicheed as all hell, but I can't imagine it any other way.

Also, since we've got the Pi Day / Tau Time thing going, I think wait-list decisions should be released on Tau Day at Pi Time, or June 28th at 3:14 PM. I know it may be a bit late compared to other schools, but it seems poetically appropriate.

Posted by: Raff Miceli on March 13, 2012

lol @Raff Miceli !!!

That's actually a good idea! But I don't think am gonna do that at 3 AM !

Too bad I have a test that would stall my celebration tell the evening, BUT PARTY ALL DAY IT IS!

btw, do internationals get wait-listed ?

One day 4 hours 50 min... My heart is racing!
Again good luck to everyone smile

Posted by: oceane on March 13, 2012

@Claire @Oceane It's great to see other french baccalaureate students applying ! Moi je suis Algérien, je vis en Arabie Saoudite et j'etudie dans le Lycée Français depuis le CP. haha j'espère qu'on sera admis demain smile

Posted by: Moe on March 13, 2012

I can't wait until you are all no longer my rivals, in passive competition for admission, but are my classmates, or more likely, my fellow rejects.

Posted by: Michael Perrone on March 13, 2012

DID SOMEONE SAY LIGHT YAGAMI?

Ahaha, good luck guys! Wish me luck next year.

Posted by: Lovely~ on March 13, 2012

(| BROHOOF!
Seriously though, I hope there are at least a couple bronies at MIT... Though I suspect the percentage will be higher at MIT than my high school, for instance wink

Good luck to everyone!

1 day, 0 hours, 22 minutes, 45 seconds.

Posted by: Andrew Lavery on March 13, 2012

We're now into the hours-only countdown!!!

BattleStar Galactica and anxiety-induced insomnia, here we go!

Good luck to all!

Posted by: Nikita B. on March 13, 2012

@Nikita B.

I'm on my 28th episode of Battlestar Galactica since Friday. It's kept my mind busy, made it impossible for me to freak out like I would. =]=]

Godspeed.

Genius! hahaha

Posted by: Daniel on March 13, 2012

@Michael Perrone
Battlestar Galactica FTW. I own every episode as far as I know. Its amazing how such a great show can fall away while Star Trek and the like take over. Perhaps I shall also watch some episodes between now and tomorrow for good luck raspberry

Posted by: Obadiah Peterson on March 13, 2012

@Fellow-BSG-lovers You guys should check out "BattleStar Galactica and Philosophy", pretty awesome book!

Btw, did anyone else put watching BSG for question 11a?

Posted by: Nikita B. on March 13, 2012

Oh FRACK.

@ Michael

Well said, sir...well said indeed.

Posted by: Silky Smooth on March 13, 2012

Lord, it's March 14th, please help me!

Here we go! Good luck to everyone!
.

Posted by: Jimmy on March 14, 2012

Guys...Who are the lucky ones ??? and write your depart also to which you got admitted !!! Best of Luck friends !!!

Posted by: Danish on March 14, 2012

How do i view the decision?
Thanks

Posted by: CJ Nnorom on March 14, 2012

by logging into here:

https://decisions.mit.edu/

Posted by: Gelare on March 14, 2012

Here is the reply i receive. "You have successfully confirmed your ability to view your decision online, which will be available beginning at 6:28 PM Eastern Time on Wednesday, March 14." Should i wait for there reply?

Posted by: CJ Nnorom on March 14, 2012

That is what almost everyone receives. This page is shown in order for you to make sure that everything is going to be alright when the decisions are released. So just relax, and for the Tau time to come smile

Posted by: Gelare on March 14, 2012

There's an edit war going on right now over Tau at Wikipedia, if anyone's interested. They're actually trying to kill the article about it.

Posted by: John on March 14, 2012

Happy All

for celebrating Half Tau Day I would like to introduce my Octic Polynomial to approximate 15 decimal places of Pi Number..

1157x^8 + 20580x^7 -533565x^6 -3987060x^5 + 20615205x^4 + 193147920x^3 + 330560640x^2 -3870720x - 6635520 = 0, where the 15 decimal places of Pi approximates 3 + x, that is 3.141592653589793...A challenge for you how to build all of coefficients and to solve the above octic Polynomial.

Happy with you..
My Best Regards..
Rohedi..

Posted by: Rohedi on March 14, 2012

Is it true that MIT students do not have beds? Rumor has it they are given a desk and a pillow and sleep skating to class.

Posted by: tee for two and tau for tee on March 14, 2012

I wish a success, to everybody here! Less than Six hrs. Left.
All d Best !!!!!!!

Posted by: abhilasha on March 14, 2012

Well Mr tee for two and tau for tee....

Hah, sleep is for the weak. If you are not sleeping, then the main use for a bed is eliminated...hey hey so it would be a waste of resources to give you one.

There are plenty of places to catch a few winks around campus. With enough sleep deprivation even wooden benches can feel comfy...(the marble steps, can be rather cold, with rather nasty thermal conductivity working against ones skin)

Back in the day, the Student Center Library had a certain number of "ahem" permanent residents from all everyone could tell. I think folded jackets substituted for pillows in those cases.

Posted by: Alumni on March 14, 2012

1 hr!!!! :O

Posted by: Deron Browne on March 14, 2012

My hands are already shaking!

Posted by: Gelare on March 14, 2012

38 mins

Posted by: Anonymous on March 14, 2012

6 minutes....

Posted by: Gelare on March 14, 2012

Server meltdown imminent! (I hope not...)

Posted by: Silky Smooth on March 14, 2012

the new phone books are here, the new phone books are here

Posted by: Ducky on March 14, 2012

@Lovely~
Yes! I DID say LIGHT YAGAMI! :D
Boku ga Kira da...
However, I'm starting to have a "crush" on Beyond Birthday. o:

Posted by: El Mehdi on March 14, 2012

Oh, rejected. Anyway, that was a great adventure! I wish luck to everyone else! raspberry

Posted by: El Mehdi on March 14, 2012

OMG! Accepted! I'm so ecstatic!!! :D

Posted by: DNAlice on March 14, 2012

Denied.Oh well. It was still a great pi day and a great experience! Good to everyone else B)

Posted by: oceane on March 15, 2012

Rejected ,,,, it was good talking with you guys ,,, add me on facebook ,,, lets get to know each other more ....

Posted by: Abdallah Shuhadeh on March 15, 2012

@Oceane
I am also rejected and I am so depressed...
Are you going to go to a french university next year or do you have a back-up school in the US?

Posted by: Claire on March 15, 2012

Andrew Lavery: There's at least one brony at MIT this fall: yours truly! Did you get in? I hope you did, I want there to be more bronies.

DNAlice: Congratulations! You have a right to be ecstatic :D

Posted by: Miranda on March 15, 2012

@Claire
Nan I am not going to a French University. I have other backups in the US wink
How about you?

Posted by: oceane on March 15, 2012

rejected..... but its okay, i will show MIT that they made a bad decision.... just wait MIT! raspberry
ps: it was a nice adventure

Posted by: mohammed on March 16, 2012