MIT student blogger Anna H. '14

MIT Gangnam Style by Anna H. '14

Yes...........this exists.

In case you haven’t been on the Internet recently, a music video called “Gangnam Style” was released over the summer by K-pop rapper PSY, and now has the third most views on all of Youtube.  560,719,326 views, as of 8:23am today. 560,719,327 a few minutes later, because a friend came into my room who had never seen it, and I had to educate her.

For the rest of this post to make sense, you should probably catch up:

Now you’re ready. On September 14, Chris Peterson e-mailed the bloggers, letting us know that the MIT Korean Student Association was filming an MIT Gangnam Style. At the beginning of October, I started seeing notices on the DanceTroupe mailing list about Gangnam Style rehearsals. On Sunday October 21, there was a Gangnam Style flashmob on Killian Court. This morning, the official MIT Gangnam Style music video was released to the public. Only an MIT Gangnam Style video could feature: the MIT Dean of Admissions, one of the principal leaders of the Human Genome Project and co-chair of President Obama’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology, the father of modern linguistics, and one of Time‘s “100 Most Influential People in the World” in 2012 for his liquid metal battery research.

Without further ado, prepare to be rendered speechless: