MIT student blogger Jenny X. '13

MIT goes APE. by Jenny X. '13

Not your average Sunday night.

Hello all!

I’m just popping in to show you guys a video from an exciting event at MIT last weekend. The Chinese Students Club (CSC) hosted their annual Chinese New Year Banquet. There were plenty food, skits, performances, and festive spirits – but the highlight came at the end. You see, this year, CSC (whose exec board includes our own Celena) brought Far East Movement (FM) to MIT’s Walker Memorial – you know, the same place I took both of my calculus finals. But on February 21st, the building was raging for very different reasons.

See for yourself.

[full]

Sorry for making y’all dizzy. :P A tidbit of info on this electrobop/hip-hop/rap group: FM’s songs have been featured in “So You Think You can Dance”, “America’s Best Dance Crew”, “Entourage”, “Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift” and more; they also recently toured with LMFAO. FM ended the performance @ MIT with their new song, “Go Ape.”

On a similar note, the Student Activities Office is bringing hip-hop/funk group N.E.R.D to campus for Spring Weekend. Last year, I waited four hours in the rain to see N.E.R.D. I would absolutely love an encore – but this time, under the protection of Johnson Athletic Center —

21 responses to “MIT goes APE.”

1. Divyansh says:

hey Feb is nearly over
    Any idea what gng on in the Admission Office?
    When is the result gng to be released?

2. Armin says:

Waiting four hours in rain?! Wow

MIT is the most craziest party school in the world!

3. Chikni =P says:

What happens if I get selected and my application gets forwarded to the finaid office but my finaid materials haven’t reached the office? Will they send me the acceptance letter without an aid offer but an info request form so they can get the financial information?

Signed,
    (|-|1|{||1

4. second! says:

Second!!
    I’ve been reading the blogs most of my senior year and this is the first time i get to post in the top(earliest) five comments.

Every year updates from the admissions office are blogged in Matt or Ben by 25 Feb. This year there have been no updates.
    {MERCURY RISING}
    :]

6. Hee-Jew says:

@Chikni

You will receive an acceptance folder via postal mail if you’re accepted, but it will not include your financial aid package.

7. navin says:

i think this is my fourth or fifth first….
    i had to wait months to post my first FIRST!

Seriously people, nobody cares if you’re first, it’s not an achievement, and quite frankly it’s pretty stupid.

9. navin says:

@Anonymous:
    its not an achievement- i agree. but it is certainly something people like in MIT blogs!

The video won’t even start!!

11. coby says:

what did it take to get in… like What is the average score you have to beat to enter
    ???? like do u take a test to get in or what???

12. Jenny'13 says:

@ Divyansh – Sorry I’m not sure when decisions will be released. Keep checking the blogs – I’d expect an update soon.

@ Anonymous up there – the video works for me; try this direct link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3xNd0Z3E5g

13. Hey Jenni !! If you have screamed for ten minutes, this year
    I think I will swear for 2 hours if I see that word (ADMITTED)

I GOT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I SWEAR I SCREAMED FOR TEN MINUTES STRAIGHT!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by: Jenny on March 14, 2009 05:29 PM

Great video! Thanks for posting!

Great video! Thanks for posting!

admissions needs to either post some sort of update on when decisions will be released, or take responsibility for the explosion of my head.

17. C2 says:

Cool stuff~
    If I ever get in, I would join the Chinese Students Club because I am Chinese. =D

18. Hania ('14?) says:

@last anonymous:
    I agree. I feel the same.

19. @ Hania: I concur.