All the 2020 i3 videos megapost by Chris Peterson SM '13

your annual Interactive Introduction to the Institute

As a part of MIT’s unconventional housing assignment process, rising first years typically consult MIT guide to residences while choosing where to live. This guide includes the Interactive Introduction to the Institute (I3) videos, which are produced by students to show off their life and culture of their residence halls.In the ’90s and early ’00s, these were recorded to VHS tapes, and later DVDs, but with the advent of YouTube/Vimeo/etc they are now posted online.

Like everything else, COVID has disrupted this assignment process, and most first years won’t be on campus this fall. However, the residences put a lot of effort into i3 videos, and most of them still got made, including with some creative methods for physically-distanced community representation as you will see. I’ve embedded all the 2020 i3 videos below in case you would like a glimpse into how MIT students describe their own communities to those they hope to live with!

Meanwhile, New House has several cultural houses, some (but not all) of which made their own i3 videos. Those are embedded below.