MIT student blogger Anna H. '14

Emergency Morale Booster Night! by Anna H. '14

One of my favorite e-mails of all time

About a week ago, on one particularly high-stress night (it was one of Those Times of the semester) the French House social chair, Emma ’14, sent out an e-mail to the house.

It made my day.

The subject was “Emergency Morale Booster Night” and the content was:

Salut la maison!

I hope this e-mail finds you well and enjoying your long weekend! As your resident Queen of Party, I’ve been getting the feeling that some of my party people are feeling a little down and/or exhausted at this point in the semester. So based on suggestions from some of you, I’m going to host an impromptu Disney Sing-a-long tonight! Here’s the deets:

When: 8 – 10 pm ish or however long it takes to do as many repetitions of “A Whole New World” as people want to do.

Where: La Maisonette

What to Bring: At least one hug for every other participant, to be distributed at random times during the evening. And snacks if you want – I’ll have popcorn.

Who: YOU!!!

Hope to see you there tonight!
Love and “HOW HIGH CAN THE SYCAMORE GROWWWWW????”

Q of P

I was the first one there, as anyone who knows anything about me could predict (DISNEY SONGS. I LOVE THEM.) I sang loudly and obnoxiously for two hours, exchanged some hugs, then went outside to throw a Frisbee around with two non-French House friends for an hour. And voilà! Sanity restored, in the depths of a stormy week.