Decisions

MIT Admissions Decisions Now Available Online by Decisions

News about the 2011 Regular Action cycle.

MIT Regular Action admissions decisions are now available online here:

decisions.mit.edu
You can log in using the same username and password that you use to log into your MyMIT account. There are no interim screens, so you should be sure you are ready to receive your decision online before logging in.

As has become tradition, the MIT admissions decisions are being released on March 14 — Pi Day. This year, decisions are being released at 9:26pm.

Admissions decisions are available exclusively online. We do not plan to send out any admissions decisions by mail, though admitted students will receive information on their financial aid package and Campus Preview Weekend in the mail next week.

This year, we received 17,909 applications for admission, a record number for us and an 8% increase over last year. We admitted 1715 students for an admit rate of 9.6%, or fewer than one of every ten applicants.

Because of the size and the strength of the applicant pool there were a great many incredible students whom we were simply unable to offer admission to. All applicants should know that the admissions staff gave them full consideration in our process. These decisions are not easy to make. But we also know that those students to whom we could not offer admission will find wonderful homes elsewhere and go on to do terrific things for the world.

We will have more news about the class to come. In the meantime, we have provided three “open threads” below where admitted, waitlisted, and not admitted students can talk amongst themselves. We ask only that the comments be kept friendly and civil in our community.