kayode avatar

Pics from the WMBRBQ! by Kayode D. '27

Do You Like College Radio??

Hello friends!!

The semester has started, and I have been SWAMPED with work. I got all excited with the new semester and joined some new clubs, but didn’t drop any clubs from last year, so now I’m kind of overbooked, but this is entirely of my own doing. I have a ton of blog posts that are half-written and I need to work on/post soon. These young’ens are showing me up!

Anyways, today01 ok, it was Sunday and I procrastinated  was the WMBRBQ!

WMBR (Walker Memorial Basement Radio) is MIT’s student college radio station. It’s located under Walker Memorial building (duh) and it’s a full radio station! I love music so so so much, and being part of this station is one of my favorite things about MIT. Today we had a barbecue (the WMBRBQ) in the lawn next to Walker, and I signed up to be a photographer! These photos will also go on the WMBR Blog, and on the website, which you should totally go check out!! You can listen to WMBR @ 88.1FM on the radio in the greater Boston area, and @ wmbr.org worldwide!

Me and my roommate have a radio show called Midwest Pizzeria that airs at 7pm on Sunday nights. There’s plenty of other great shows, like Bats in the Belfry, The Hot Rat Sessions, The…, and of course, Porcelain Cow. [Full show schedule with descriptions here!]

During Covid, a lot of people began doing their shows remotely, and we’re still working on getting the number of live shows back to normal. This makes events like the WMBRBQ so epic, because you get to see all kinds of people that you didn’t even know were a part of the station!

Check out WMBR.org ! It’s pretty neato, bandito!

this took an incredibly long time to create. the camera i was using took photos in a format called .NEF, which is unique to the Nixon Camera brand. And it can’t be uploaded to this website in that form, so i had to convert every single one. God has cursed me for my hubris and my work is never done. have a good weekend, everyone, and listen to some good radio!

1. ok, it was Sunday and I procrastinated back to text