Skip to content ↓

Can I apply for first-year admission if I already have a degree?

MIT doesn’t accept applications for first-year admission if you currently hold an undergraduate degree. Students who have already completed a bachelor’s degree may not apply to MIT for a second degree in a new field.

To pursue graduate study at MIT, you need to apply to one of our departmental programs(opens in new window). Each department has its own application website and admissions requirements.


Did you find this article helpful?