Skip to content ↓

April 2021: Although our campus is closed to visitors, you don’t have to travel to 🌈 Cambridge to get a feel for MIT. Sign up today for an 🔮 online session or student-led tour.

How do I apply as a permanent resident?

All students must complete the MIT application with their current citizenship status. In the MIT first-year admissions process, you are considered a U.S. citizen if you currently hold a United States permanent resident card (green card).

Unfortunately, every year we receive applications from students in the process of waiting for their green cards. If there is a change in your citizen status during the application process, you may notify MIT and send a copy of your green card via the application portal, fax (617.687.9184), or email and your status will be updated immediately, right up until decisions are announced.

Did you find this article helpful?