If your ability to apply to MIT has been affected by disasters or other serious disruptions—severe weather, military conflicts, humanitarian emergencies, infrastructure failures, civil unrest, or other crises—please know that our hearts go out to you. We understand that there is a lot on your mind, and that you may need to focus on other things, or be temporarily unable to complete your application by our deadlines.
In the interim:
- Focus on taking care of yourself, your family, your community, and your safety. You will not be penalized in the application process because of delays caused by major disruptions outside of your control.
- We try to be as flexible as possible in these situations. When you’re able to do so, reach out to us at 617.253.3400 or email us at [email protected]. We’ll be here to talk to you and figure out a way to make sure we get your application and supporting materials.
- As always, if the application fee poses a financial hardship, we’ll waive it.
- If you had been planning, but are unable, to apply for Early Action, please remember that there is no benefit or advantage in doing so, and you should feel at ease applying during Regular Action.
- Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions, and please take care of yourself.