Apr 9, 2005

CPW Day 3

Today was dominated by the Meet The Bloggers Party - it was SO great to meet all of you!

But before we get to that, the rest of the day...

Got to MIT early, worked the help desk for a couple of hours. Headed over to the EC workshop (that's Educational Counselor, not East Campus) where I got to meet a bunch of cool MIT alums (some of whom actually read these blogs!). Back to the help desk for most of the afternoon.

At 5PM, I headed over to the closing ceremony which concluded with performances from 6 a cappella groups. In true MIT spirit it got hacked (see pic below). All of the groups were fantastic!

Next, Matt, Mitra, Kevin and I raided LaVerde's to buy supplies for the MTB party (see pic below). $60 of ice cream and root beer.

And most of you know what happened next - the bloggers blabbed away for awhile and everyone got to meet each other. Super fun. Almost all of the below pics were taken at the MTB party.

And finally, Matt and I stopped by the Battle Of The Bands before leaving for the night. On my way to the T, something *large* blew up near EC (that's East Campus, not Educational Counselor). Big orange glow, lots of smoke, smelled kindof bad. The perfect end to the perfect day.

Today's pics are below...

First!

Posted by: Meder on April 10, 2005

well.. i wish i could be there

Posted by: Meder on April 10, 2005

/me too

Posted by: amrik on April 10, 2005

me too =) =)

I am waiting for u to edit this post!!!!

Posted by: Saad Zaheer on April 10, 2005

CPW = sw33t.

It is a very well organized event with a huge amount of interesting activities to choose from.

Absolutely brilliant.

Posted by: AMDForever on April 10, 2005

I really missed Meet the Bloggers Party:<

Posted by: Niraj on April 10, 2005

i'm back in CA and I already miss MIT!

Posted by: nghi on April 10, 2005

:D

Posted by: Fabrice on April 10, 2005

MAN!!! CPW WAS AWESOMEEE!!!! I'll upload the pix i have from "Meet the Bloggers" later and put the link on this site.
it was GREAT seeing all of you wonderful bloggers!!! =)

Posted by: Wendi on April 10, 2005

Thanks for an awesome time!! smile

Posted by: Ellis Bell on April 10, 2005

CPW exceeded ALL my expectations.

Look for a post on my blog about it if blogs.mit.edu ever comes back up again smile

Later,
Mike.

Posted by: Michael Borohovski on April 11, 2005

CPW was really awesome! Suprisingly enough, the best times were spent doing nothing at all!

If MIT does decide to hack Caltech, which I'm sure someone will during PFW... Please don't mess with the water heaters or the food or the electricity. I really like showering, eating good food, and I do NOT want to be in the dark with scary Caltech people... I might DIE!

Posted by: Katharine Chu on April 11, 2005

I'm in that picture! CPW was absolutely amazing--it was all I remembered MIT to be and a whole lot more, and it was fun meeting all the bloggers. I can't wait for the fall!!

Posted by: LBizzle on April 11, 2005

Katharine - it'd be against the spirit of a hack according to MIT and definitely in violation of Caltech's honor code.

Posted by: Caltech 2009 on April 11, 2005

Caltech 2009, I'm glad to hear that... but now I've thought about it for a good oh... five seconds and REALIZED that maybe MIT should go and mess with the electricity... that way, if David Krumholtz (who is absolutely gorgeous) is filming Numb3rs at Caltech, I could be stuck in the dark with him! Yeah, that was a joke too...

Posted by: Katharine Chu on April 12, 2005

HOLA!
Yay, I'm in the picture!!! I'm the pink one (my skin not my shirt... Go Irish-ness). I just got home, because of the blizzard in Denver that shut down the airport - I got to stay at MIT for one extra day:) I miss it already.
ADIOS!~Kiersten~

Posted by: Kiersten on April 12, 2005

Hello! Awww man I missed the meet the bloggers party! CPW was awesome though. Ben, I was so surprised when you remembered me when I picked up my CPW packet, eventhough I don't post that often. That was so totally COOL! It was really cool to see you guys in person but it is kind of like seeing a celebrity. I didn't know what to do and I was kind of afraid to approach you guys, which is totally silly hehe. Anyways, thanks for an awesome CPW. 8^)

Posted by: Siamrut on April 12, 2005

Siamrut, aren't they great? I introduced myself at the Meet the Bloggers Party as "Laura," and Ben said, "THE Laura?" Haha. I love you guys. So much. It was like the highlight of...that half hour....

=D

Posted by: Laura on April 13, 2005

HOLA!
Ben, you should edit this post so I can read it, and not my AP Chem book.
ADIOS!~Kiersten~

Posted by: Kiersten on April 15, 2005

Okay, it has been edited! grin

Posted by: Ben on April 18, 2005

HOLA!
Sorry about all the extra posts, I was using a school computer which had a serious problem today and kept flipping out and having spasms.
ADIOS!~Kiersten~

Posted by: Kiersten on April 18, 2005

You take the most unflattering pics. Period.

Love,
Mike.

Posted by: Michael Borohovski on April 19, 2005

Ben-
You and your camera taking unexpected shots...
All of the CPW pics are great! Except for the one of me in this entry (I can't even describe what it looks like I'm doing because I don't know). Anyway, kudos!
~Jenna

Posted by: Jenna on April 26, 2005