The CPW LiveBlogging Project by Ben Jones

A big experiment. grin

As you’ve likely read, Snively, Paul, and Bryan will be hosting a variety of prefrosh guest bloggers during CPW. This has been done in the past with great success, and I’m looking very forward to this year’s entries!

I’ve decided to add to the CPW coverage by creating a CPW tumblr account. For those of you who are unfamiliar with tumblr, it’s a great site that basically allows you to upload photos and thoughts to the web in real time, using your cell phone. If just 10% of the prefrosh currently registered for CPW each upload 5 texts and/or photos over the course of the weekend, that’ll be 500+ snapshots. Seems like a pretty cool way to live-blog CPW from a variety of perspectives.

If you’re interested in being part of the project, please send me an email (benjones at mit dot edu). I’ll need to confirm that you’re really who you say you are, of course, so if we haven’t met before, please write to me from whichever email account you used to register for your MyMIT account so I can verify it.

Disclaimer: if something goes horribly wrong with this experiment, I’ll have to pull the site. But let’s give it a shot and see what happens.

CPW begins one week from today!

29 responses to “The CPW LiveBlogging Project”

Jess Kim.

(Just seemed like a cooler first post than “first.”)

I’m SO EXCITED!

3. Chris says:

I hadn’t previously heard of this tumblr thing , but it sounds pretty cool. CPW ftw

4. Andrea says:

I sooo wish I could go to CPW, but I was waitlisted. Now I’m sad again. Oh well, I hope everyone has an awesome time. =)

5. Tamara says:

I’m SO excited for CPW!!! And this liveblog is gonna be priceless for people who can’t be there. Less than a week!

6. Shannon says:

This is an awesome idea. Woo liveblogs!

This is such a good idea! Good job, Ban.

8. donaldGuy says:

Sounds awesome! I will send you an email when I get home. I have a QWERTY keyboard phone .. so .. I might be a little verbose. I’ll also need to remeber to tone down my phone’s resolution cause you can’t send 2MP pics over SMS (this might be a good idea for other people with higher-tech camera phones)

~Donald

9. Eirik says:

CPW sounds awesome, bad I couldn’t make it into the Class of 2012… But hey, I’ll try next year… I just need to raise my SATs!!

(kidding)… Anyway, Ben, you seem to be a big fan off JKim. raspberry

10. Prerna says:

I’m with Andrea: CPW sounds so awesome…except we have a tiny problem: I’m in waitlist purgatory. Oh well. I’m crossing my fingers for May!!

tumblr!! <3

p.s. ben jones.

12. Omar '12 says:

Very neat idea! I’m in grin

Beware people, you will be stalked ! So you better do good things, I’m like quality insurance lol ^^’

14. Dima '12 says:

Awesome idea, especially for those of us who won’t be able to make it!

15. Cathy '12 says:

Great idea! Is there any way to participate without a cell phone? (Not sure if I will have one with me.)

16. Q '12 says:

Tumblelogs >>>> WordPress, Blogger, Xanga, LJ, the list goes on…

@ Cathy – you’ll be able to send text posts from an email account if you’d like – not sure about photos though.

@ Jeremy – unfortunately a digital camera won’t work, but you should definitely contribute to the guest blogs that Snively, Bryan, and Paul are putting together!

18. Emily says:

I love tumblr smile

19. Jeremy says:

my phone does not have a camera in it, will a digital camera work as well?

20. Dustin says:

Blackberry should work, right?

21. Tanmay '12 says:

It’s going to work …and I agree with Dima ’12. 8-)

22. José P. says:

José Pac!

Oh, yeah, played the trump card! Try not to salivate too much, people. raspberry

*Awaits the awesome liveblogging/tumbling.*

That is an awesome idea!!

@ Cathy: you can email photos, just put the caption in the header.

@ Jeremy: a digital camera will work if you can upload the pictures to your computer first, then upload the pictures to Tumblr. Or you can have Tumblr point to a URL, if it’s something online. It’s pretty flexible!

I’m really, really excited about this (because I can’t come to CPW). Take LOTS of pictures everyone!

on an average , how long does it take int students to get an F 1 visa?

27. Cathy '12 says:

@Ben and Jess: Thanks for the info; I hope to participate!

28. Timur says:

As the Chair of the Senior House Statutory Committee, I have to approve of such a photoblog.