May 4, 2005

Enrolled 09’s: Watch Your Mailbox

I've been getting a lot of questions about the Next Big Mailing (NBM®). Here's the scoop - it's not sent out by admissions, rather, it's handled by the ARC - so my knowledge thereof is a bit limited. I just spoke with my friend who works in that office, however, who showed me the enormous pile of folders they have waiting to go out.

So here's what I can tell you...

1) They're going to start mailing them in the next few days and will continue to do so over the next week or two. By the middle of May, the majority of you should have received them, but don't worry if it takes a bit longer. They are not all mailed at the same time, so if your friend has received his/hers and you haven't, don't be concerned.

2) They are mailed via regular mail for domestic students and via DHL for international students.

3) When possible, the ARC likes to include a student's visa-related stuff with this mailing, so some international students will likely receive the NBM® a bit later to allow time for this.

4) The vast majority of this mailing's contents can be found here and here, so if you're in a huge hurry, follow those links.

Hope this helps!

First! and thanx. i'll be waiting!

Posted by: Meder on May 4, 2005

Thanks for the info!

Posted by: amrik on May 4, 2005

You know, all we want is the athena access... wink

Posted by: Fabrice on May 4, 2005

Thanks a lot!
Well it seems like internationals and DHL have some close relationship! there is something of a 'match' between us and DHL, LOL!

Posted by: Saad Zaheer on May 4, 2005

Hey! Thanks! i can hardly wait...!

Posted by: Laila Shabir on May 4, 2005

Thanks for everything ben. I will visit you and everyone else whenever I'm in Cambridge. You guys are amazing and it was really a hard decision.

Posted by: nghi on May 4, 2005

oh yes I love it everytime a DHL package comes=news from mit!:-)

Posted by: serene on May 4, 2005

This post makes my day. smile

Posted by: Ann on May 4, 2005

Thank you :D

Posted by: Elina Pradhan on May 7, 2005

Thanks a lot!! I'll be waiting for the DHL bus to park on my courtyard!

Posted by: SM Easeen Ibne Zaman on May 13, 2005