Dec 19, 2005

Happy Holidays!

Just a quick note to say happy holidays from all of us to all of you. We hope your vacations are fun and safe, and that your 2006 is super. :-)

P.S. All questions to date have been answered in the previous entry...

Awww. What cute kids. grin

Posted by: Christina on December 19, 2005

Hey, where's Anthony's cute face?!

tongue laugh

Posted by: 'trakmom on December 19, 2005

Anthony! Get out from behind Melis's head!

and OMG you are all SO CUTE! (sorry, I'm just another mother...)

Posted by: leftcoast mom on December 19, 2005

If the last SAT scores I sent to MIT was November, do I have to send the December scores again or will collegeboard still be sending my December score?

Posted by: Sendie on December 19, 2005

uhh.......

Posted by: Anthony on December 19, 2005

Sendie~ Unless you specified that you'd like MIT to receive your scores again (when you were registering you get to pick 4 colleges to send scores to) you have to resend them.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Posted by: April (no longer waiting but deferred) on December 19, 2005

matt looks just like my music teacher.

Posted by: dan on December 19, 2005

I'm sorry Anthony!!!! At least I gave you a mustache that even Yosemite Sam can't match....

Posted by: Melis on December 20, 2005

Merry christmas

Posted by: Vivek on December 20, 2005

Hy guys...I would like to say Happy Holiday and have a nice vacation. I am still busy, huuhh...

Peace and love from Acehnase People smile

Posted by: Fajrul on December 20, 2005

Happy Holidays to you all, too!

I sure do hope my 2006 is super. I know one thing that can guarantee that. wink

Posted by: Teck Lee on December 20, 2005

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Get some refreshing time off and enjoy the holidays.

Posted by: shen huang on December 20, 2005

Merry Christmas!

Where is Nance?

Posted by: s on December 20, 2005

Merry Christmas. this will certainly be an interesting christmas especially after the New York City transportation system (MTA) went on strike. I hope everyones Christmas will be a interesting as mine.

Posted by: Carly on December 20, 2005

You guys are great. Have a wonderful holiday and enjoy your time off.

No question...Matt looks like Matthew Broderick did in 1986--a.k.a. Ferris Bueller!!

Posted by: Phil on December 20, 2005

First thought: some people are missing!

Second thought: MAN Ben is tall!

Third thought: Awwwwrrrrr.

Posted by: Timur Sahin on December 20, 2005

Thanks for the wishes.

Phil--you're right, Matt does look like Ferris!

Posted by: Adnan Esmail on December 20, 2005

Merry Christmas!! Enjoy the time while you do not have to deal with us crazy applicants wink

.. btw, ben, how tall are you measured in smoots?? smile

Posted by: Rafael on December 20, 2005

Yeah sure, Ben's tall, but look how short Matt is.

Posted by: Tom on December 20, 2005

Guys, wanna go back 5 years?

Check out this cool website that takes you back in time, and see MIT's home page as it appeared 5 years ago!

http://web.archive.org/web/20000303051803/web.mit.edu/

I found the "Way back Machine"(as it is called) on this website http://www.internetfrog.com

Also, do you want to 'see' how atmospheric optics work? Check this out http://www.sundog.clara.co.uk/atoptics/phenom.htm

And while you happen to visit these cool links, do take care to visit my site http://SunEnergyWorld.BlogSpot.com

Happy surfing!

Posted by: Mridul on December 20, 2005

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Unfortunately, there's one question I'd like to ask here. I am a foreign applicant from Romania. I took the ACT late October and got my result via snail mail early December. However, they don't appear on the mymit tracking section. "Patience rocks" is a good guideline here, I guess, but the SAT2 scores I just received online (->->quick) are already there! Now, is there some kind of a policy here that requires every student to either apply as a foreign student or as a regular applicant testwise? I have already taken the TOEFL and then perhaps you don't take my ACT (and my 3rd SAT2) scores into consideration? Or the ACT scores haven't arrived yet? Just wondering. Thanks!

Posted by: Csaba Daday on December 20, 2005

Merry Christmas everyone!

Heh, I like the candy cane tree in the background. Can you just take a candy cane off if you want some sugar? raspberry

Posted by: 0 on December 20, 2005

Happy Christmukah from my home!

Posted by: Joshua on December 20, 2005

Is it just me or does Matt have a habit of sitting out every photo? Or is he just THAT short?

wink)

Merry Christmas!

Posted by: s on December 21, 2005

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Posted by: Santa Clause on December 21, 2005

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Posted by: The Nondenominational Holiday Spirit on December 21, 2005

Matt isn't that short. raspberry

Posted by: Anthony on December 21, 2005

Ben:

Happy holiday. Glad to see happy faces in the picture. You guys make MIT very special. Thank you for your comments. My son is working hard on other schools' applications, but still keep his hope for the regular admission in March. He is just a happy kid to me. His AP history teacher phoned him on the final test day (also the day my son found out MIT deferal letter) and congratualted him for his outstanding score on the essay test. He even offerred to write my son a recommendation letter, which really cheered him up since the teacher declined to write him such a letter when he needed it for his EA application. The teacher said that he only taught him for less than one quarter at the time and could not write him a qualified recommendation letter. I think that he is a very honest teacher. I admire him for his integrity.

As you said, it will be my son's decision what he wants to tell MIT about himself. If he truly wants to go to MIT, he should work hard for it.

Thank you very much for taking your time to read everybody's comment. You really warmed everybody's heart and inspired many young people. You and your colleagues did a great job. MIT, go!

Posted by: raindrop on December 21, 2005

I hope everybody's enjoying the winter break.

Merry Christmas, everyone, and have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Posted by: Leon on December 21, 2005

Dear Ben

A very merry christmas and happy new year to all of you!May god bestow on you guys all the joys of the world.

I dont want to spoil your christmas holidays by asking questions, but this is important...I was thinking of sending some c++ programs that I have made, on cd for you people to check out.. Unfortunately, I had trouble creating the requisite .exe files....and as a result, Ive only sent one program on cd to you guys, along with the rest of the application material...Since my cd is already sent....is it ok, if I get my other programs ready and relay them to you via email?....

Once again

Seasons greetings....

Prashant

P.S: Ben, just curious, have you seen My Fair Lady starring audrey hepburn? Dont you think she's just too beautiful?

:D

Posted by: Prashant Malani on December 22, 2005

It's Ben, the admissions elf!

Posted by: Timur Sahin on December 22, 2005

Happy holidays! (I like Ben's red hat in the picture)

And thanks for the snowflake card! :-D

Posted by: Nenuial on December 22, 2005

I like the picture:)

Happy holidays! Enjoy your well deserved vacation!

Posted by: Stephanie Marie on December 24, 2005