MIT staff blogger Chris Peterson SM '13

Inventional YoYo by Chris Peterson SM '13

what the what

I’m completely hosed with post-CPW communications right now, and will be for the next few days and weeks. So though I’ve got a bunch of things to blog about most will have to wait.

But this couldn’t. John Chow, who was admitted to the class of 2015, is a professional yoyo-ist. Yoyo-er. The man has serious skills with a yoyo. He’s already got plenty of videos on the Internet of him and his yoyo, on the yoyofactory (his sponsor) account and his own channel, but that didn’t stop him from filming a new video while here on campus for CPW:

8 responses to “Inventional YoYo”

1. First!!! I did it!!!

2. Oh Chris, Hi! I sent you the mail that I was having some problems with MyMIT account. Now I have fixed it! Thanks for doing nothing! smile

3. It’s time to dig up the past.

4. Nick says:

I was wondering why there was a guy with a yoyo on the steps of 77 Mass Ave…
    very cool.

While nowhere near anything professional, I’ve always had a soft spot for yoyos. I met Ben McPhee (cofounder of YoYoFactory) and he gave me a Grind Machine back at Toy Fair several years ago. Best yoyo I’ve ever had.

John, what are you using in that video?

6. John says:

@Snively: I used a YoYoFactory Monster which is an insanely wide yoyo designed for fun.

After CPW, I heard it started raining the next day! haha I lucked out for filming…. :D

7. Hisham7 says:

Incredible skills smile
    keep up the good work !

8. Generally I do not post on articles, but I would like to say that this blog really forced me to do so! Thanks, really nice blog.