Chris Peterson SM '13

Apr 12, 2011

Inventional YoYo

I'm completely hosed with post-CPW communications right now, and will be for the next few days and weeks. So though I've got a bunch of things to blog about most will have to wait.

But this couldn't. John Chow, who was admitted to the class of 2015, is a professional yoyo-ist. Yoyo-er. The man has serious skills with a yoyo. He's already got plenty of videos on the Internet of him and his yoyo, on the yoyofactory (his sponsor) account and his own channel, but that didn't stop him from filming a new video while here on campus for CPW:

First!!! I did it!!!

Posted by: Shahariar Hassan on April 12, 2011

Oh Chris, Hi! I sent you the mail that I was having some problems with MyMIT account. Now I have fixed it! Thanks for doing nothing! smile

It's time to dig up the past.

I was wondering why there was a guy with a yoyo on the steps of 77 Mass Ave...
very cool.

Posted by: Nick on April 12, 2011

While nowhere near anything professional, I've always had a soft spot for yoyos. I met Ben McPhee (cofounder of YoYoFactory) and he gave me a Grind Machine back at Toy Fair several years ago. Best yoyo I've ever had.

John, what are you using in that video?

Posted by: Snively on April 12, 2011

@Snively: I used a YoYoFactory Monster which is an insanely wide yoyo designed for fun.

After CPW, I heard it started raining the next day! haha I lucked out for filming.... :D

Posted by: John on April 12, 2011

Incredible skills smile
keep up the good work !

Posted by: Hisham7 on April 14, 2011

Generally I do not post on articles, but I would like to say that this blog really forced me to do so! Thanks, really nice blog.

Posted by: shannon stjohn on April 18, 2011