COVID-19

Learn more about how MIT Admissions is responding to COVID-19 in this blog post from our Dean and new dedicated FAQs.

MIT staff blogger Chris Peterson SM '13

Inventional YoYo by Chris Peterson SM '13

what the what

I’m completely hosed with post-CPW communications right now, and will be for the next few days and weeks. So though I’ve got a bunch of things to blog about most will have to wait.

But this couldn’t. John Chow, who was admitted to the class of 2015, is a professional yoyo-ist. Yoyo-er. The man has serious skills with a yoyo. He’s already got plenty of videos on the Internet of him and his yoyo, on the yoyofactory (his sponsor) account and his own channel, but that didn’t stop him from filming a new video while here on campus for CPW:

8 responses to “Inventional YoYo”

1. Oh Chris, Hi! I sent you the mail that I was having some problems with MyMIT account. Now I have fixed it! Thanks for doing nothing! smile

2. It’s time to dig up the past.

3. Nick says:

I was wondering why there was a guy with a yoyo on the steps of 77 Mass Ave…
    very cool.

While nowhere near anything professional, I’ve always had a soft spot for yoyos. I met Ben McPhee (cofounder of YoYoFactory) and he gave me a Grind Machine back at Toy Fair several years ago. Best yoyo I’ve ever had.

John, what are you using in that video?

5. John says:

@Snively: I used a YoYoFactory Monster which is an insanely wide yoyo designed for fun.

After CPW, I heard it started raining the next day! haha I lucked out for filming…. :D

6. Hisham7 says:

Incredible skills smile
    keep up the good work !

7. Generally I do not post on articles, but I would like to say that this blog really forced me to do so! Thanks, really nice blog.