MIT staff blogger Ben Jones

Note To Prefrosh With Time Machines and/or Good Ideas by Ben Jones

Don't forget to show up for the Time Traveler Convention this saturday at 10PM EST.

Don’t forget to show up for the Time Traveler Convention this saturday at 10PM EST – East Campus courtyard, or 42:21:36.025N, 71:05:16.332W to be exact. Amal, the guy who organized the convention, was interviewed on NPR’s All Things Considered. Pretty cool.

And the winners of the 4th annual MIT IDEAS Competition were recently announced. A few examples:

• the “Bicilavadora” team, for their pedal-powered washing machine which enables women in poor communities to “get back the eight hours a week they typically spend hand-washing clothes”
  • the “Robopsy” team, for their robotic device that performs minimally-invasive biopsies, thus reducing the radiation exposure of both patients and doctors
  • the “VacPac” team, for their refrigerated backpack that preserves vaccines while they are being transported to clinics in remote locations 
  • …and a bunch of other cool “ideas”!
  •  

Photos from the judging session are here. Photos from the awards ceremony are here.

2 responses to “Note To Prefrosh With Time Machines and/or Good Ideas”

1. lulu says:

Heh we’re trying to see if we can work something out and go. smile

2. amrik says:

Technically, you only need one person to have a time-travellers convention. smile