Pi Day = Mail Day? Too Early To Know by Ben Jones

No official mail date yet.

Hi everyone,

There have been a lot of comments in the blogs that we’re going to mail on Pi Day this year. This was indeed the case last year, but we don’t yet have a mail date set for this year. Just wanted to clarify – it will indeed be in mid-March, but Mail Day depends on a variety of factors, one of which is how long selection takes. And as you know, we’ve just begun. :-)

As soon as I know the official day, YOU will know!

:-) Ben

33 responses to “Pi Day = Mail Day? Too Early To Know”

1. C Minh says:

Interesting! Hi I am a student in HCM city. And you, let me make a guess, you are a student in LHP high school. Which subject are U interested in.

2. “Hey, I wonder if you could post a chart of applications number depending on country, like it was done last year. It was a very interesting stat…”

That would be great!

Does anyone know where is the last year chart, any link?

Good Luck

3. renuka says:

Ben, Is the online notification plan still in the works? If so, would it coincide with the Mail day?

4. Important says:

Dear anonymous there are answers for many questions that were laid by the flock here in the previous Ben and Matt blogs. Hence I thought that these links are important.

Thank U for U R comment

5. Fadl says:

Hi Ben! After hearing all this ‘fuss’ about the exact day of admissions I would just like to say that I really believe that getting our admission decisions on pi-day would be cool by no means should you feel any pressure or think that you have to send them by then. I have complete confidence in you and all of the admission staff to do what you believe is the best course of action. I wish everyone all the best of luck and may everyone’s wishes come true. (Including mine) smile

6. :D says:

Ben —> Always grin

what to people think?

Will it be before or after Pi day?

A post like this makes me lean on the “after pi day” side..

Good luck with the selection, and make sure to take breaks!

8. Arka says:

I stick with “after pi-day”

9. Ben also let us know whether there is any chance we may recieve our selection results through e-mail, it will definitely be faster!

those links you posted above are just the common data set that like every school has online…

i dunno, with record numbers applying, they might not make it in time

11. Phil says:

of course, i wouldn’t mind it being earlier raspberry

thanks for letting us kno tho!

12. C Minh says:

Hah the feeling of waiting is always terrible. It will even get stronger when the day of decision come near. It is sometimes conflicting feeling to me, I wish to see the result but I fear to see it. Other guys, do you have the same feeling.

13. Minh says:

Hi CMinh, are you from HCM or HN or elsewhere? If HCM, what school are you in?

Cheers,

14. Edward says:

Hi Ben!

Can it be before pi day? I’d prefer that, so that I can (possibly) get my admission decision on pi day. That would be cool.

15. Minh says:

Hi CMinh, your guess is almost right. Nonetheless I don’t think we should chat here. My yahoo screenname is aminh98q1; if you would like to chat, contact me via YMessg.

16. Hi Ben Jones

Thanks for all your work.

Good luck everyone

17. Dapo says:

Pi Day seems so romantic, if I may say so, being the MIT and all, but we’ll be waiting.

18. jpsi says:

Hey, I wonder if you could post a chart of applications number depending on country, like it was done last year. It was a very interesting stat…

19. Csaba says:

3.14 is nice, but then again 3.15 is National Holiday of Hungary and the day Caesar was murdered. and 3.16 is “square-root 10” day smile and 3.17 is another special day smile And then again, 3.xx is the day we’ll get our Decisions smile THAT will be a very special day. Especially if one (me?) is admitted. And a request from here: please take your time and consider and ignore even the slightest pressure from us to finish by any arbitrary “nice date” smile Thanks!

20. Joe Combs says:

Be sure to put my name in extra big and bold font for your admissions dartboard. Thanks a bunch. smile

21. Ivan Ivanov says:

Hey fellows!

I think C Minh is right. We really should talk

about something else… For example, I wonder

who of you are interested in Chemistry or Biology?

They are my favorite subjects I guess smile.

Those of you who think the same, please raise your hand! raspberry

By the way I have Chemistry Olympiad this Sunday!

Wish me luck! smile

22. Siddharth says:

yeah, good luck on that, i forgot to do it this year…. but i took chem last yr anyway, i might not do as well on it if i took it this year…

23. C Minh says:

Oh guys, you make me feel as if the mail day is just tommorow.

In the mean time, I think it’s better to kill the time by talking about sth else. Do anyone of you have the number of students in each major? By the way, I think that each of U choose one major before applying to MIT. With me my major is Maths, I want to know how many ones of you share my interest.

24. Brent says:

I tried to do the physics olympiad last year, but we only had taken an algebraic course that was not in depth. i wish i could have tried agian this year. any way… GOOD LUCK!

25. Siddharth says:

brent doesnt believe that im awesome, so hopefully this post will dispel that notion. u dont have to understand :D

26. Brent says:

sidd goes tomy school so its just friendly competition

27. Nina says:

Why don’t we talk about music? Or art? Or… what are we going to do this weekend?

28. Siddharth says:

im going to be studying for exams this weekend… its really just bio and physics that could give me trouble, but bio is really knowledge-intensive and physics is practice-intensive now b/c we’re doing e&m and that stuff’s just not natural, at least not for me :D it doesnt make sense, i swear!

music? try this on for size: inxs – afterglow, matchbox 20 – unwell, and enya – set adrift on a memory bliss. those are the three songs im listening to right now. yes, all at the same time.

29. Nina says:

Well, sounds great! =) I’m trying to finish a few piles of documents and some translations /that’s my job/. and.. i’m really tired and exausted and.. i just want some sleeeeeep. And what about art???

30. Kelley says:

Art is cool! I love van Gogh’s work! And James Balog!

31. Nina says:

What about Durer? Does anybody like Durer?

32. Olga says:

Please, please, PLEASE don’t make the same mistake as what happened with the EA deferrals, it was heartbreaking :(