Mar 8, 2005

Status Pic, As Promised

Ask and ye shall receive! Here's a pic taken this morning that will demonstrate the beard in its full glory:

4 days until mail/shave day. :-) NICE

OKAYYYY. I have to first post here THANK YOU.

Posted by: Prashant on March 8, 2005

My shave day will be after I get in at MIT...
Even if I would have to wait untill graduate studies wink.

[Do not ask what would I do in the case of double rejection. I think I would have to brake my promise!]

Posted by: jpsi on March 8, 2005

Actually, you look really nice in a beard! ...it goes well with the earing :D And I bet it keeps your chin warm during the winter too?

Posted by: Kathy on March 8, 2005

your beard reminds me of an individual who also happens to work at a school... springfield elementary that is...

are u irish by anychane Ben?

Posted by: NoCreativity on March 8, 2005

So did you take that picture yourself or did someone else take it for you?

The only reason I ask is because that could be quite an interesting favor to ask from a colleague ("Can you take a beard status picture for me?").

Posted by: Patrick on March 8, 2005

Jpsi - that is dedication!!

Kathy - thanks! Is does keep the chin warm, an added benefit. Glad we don't read apps in the summer!

NoCreativity - No irish, unfortunately. It's one of the few things my "mutt" heritage lacks. grin

Patrick - The other "E. Jones" took it for me. And that's exactly how I phrased it to him, actually! LOL

Posted by: Ben on March 9, 2005

lol @ Ben.

The beard makes you look pretty bad-ass, more so than the picture of you on your other blog.

I still can't grow a beard, but... when I apply next year I'll shave a fatty MIT on my head if accepted. shave it bald (start over) if deferred, and... well that's as far as i want to think.

keep up the good work ben!

Posted by: David A. on March 9, 2005

ben is wicked hot. and probably wicked smaht too.

Posted by: 0 on March 9, 2005

It sure sounds nice to hear someone say that, and it sounds even better and comforting from an admissions counselor.
It's kinda like sports. One reason I think I've never had a good athletics coach for either basketball or soccer: No coach I've ever come across has cared about the WHOLE team: the athletic stars, the 6th man-subs, the benchwarmers and the weaker ones. It always saddens me to see the motives of some of the coaches: 1) WIN 2)WIN 3)WIN.

What I mean to say is, thank you for caring about ALL of your applicants. Thank you for being interested in every one of our applications, reading our stories, delving into our worlds, and writing entries like today's to keep our hopes up for the future. Even if I dont see you at MIT this fall thanks for taking interest in ME!

Posted by: grateful on March 10, 2005

i guess that would be about YESTERDAY's entry on power! lol

Posted by: grateful on March 10, 2005

Grateful - no, thank *you*! Your post means a lot to me. grin

Posted by: Ben on March 11, 2005